Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,189 members, 7,839,043 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:53 PM

The Many Positives You Don't Know About Unilorin - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Many Positives You Don't Know About Unilorin (2611 Views)

Facts About Unilorin 2009/2010 Admission. / Latest Information About Unilorin 2008/2009 Admission List ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Many Positives You Don't Know About Unilorin by NeuroBoss(m): 4:05am On Apr 28, 2013
Sequel to a previous thread created by a disgruntled student of my alma-mater seeking to pull it down, I've come to counteract him by creating a new thread as I will not descend so low as to exchange words with him.
He mentioned that only in unilorin you'll find a father and daughter in the same department. This assertion is not only wicked but peurile. The OP was actually talking about Prof. Obaleye and her daughter who is equally qualified. I don't see any bad thing here. There are departments with husbands and wives as professors and it's not peculiar to UNILORIN.
UNILORIN is the only Nigerian university that has not experienced strike for 11 years. No, not for a minute!
UNILORIN has the highest number of applicants since 2007 only UNILAG has more in 2012. There is something they are looking for which the disgruntled OP is too frustrated to see.
Yes, we pioneered the use of electronic exams in NIGERIA. Others like you know are just imitators.
By WEBOMETRICS rating, we've been the best Nigerian university for 4 times since 2007.
In NYSC camps, only our graduates have a unique identity made possible by our convocation T-shirts which contain our names. It has really served to make us proud of where we all came from as they are ubiquitous in camp.
The only NIGERIAN university with no single incidence of VIOLENCE, CULTISM, PROTEST and RAPE in 11 years as are the bane of the others is UNILORIN.
Yes, we CRAM. The last time I checked, no law has forbidden any student from cramming if that jells with him/her. I remembered we used to tease ourselves as ''la cram, la pour''.
The Largest Nigerian university by land mass. Unilorin is a sprawling city not just a campus.
The only Nigerian university where lecturers cannot molest students or have affairs with them on any pretense is UNILORIN.
UNILORIN is the only institution who has enough and the best toilet facilities to cater for her students wherever they are pressed in the campus. This is according to an on-ground survey undergone by CAMPUS NATION in 2012.
Ask your brothers and sisters even your daddies in LAW SCHOOLs, UNILORIN GRADUATEs have been leading lights for many years.
UNILORIN graduates have become the darlings of employers because they know a UNILORIN degree is not a free-for-all nor for the highest bidders, it is earned. A PASS degree holder from UNILORIN can stand tall among 2-1 degree holders from other institutions. I became prouder of my alma-mater when I saw some job vacancies where 2-1 was made the minimum requirement but behold this caption written at the end of the advert, ''EXCEPT UNILORIN GRADUATES WITH 2-2''. Nothing can be more rewarding for the high level of discipline, academic stress and some other things that are meant to prepare us for life ahead.
NEED I SAY MORE? NO!
Let UNILORITES or ex-UNILORITES like me with that.
LEYIN ILORIN KO SI VARSITY O
ALAGIDI L'OMO SOMEWHERE ELSE(WE USED TO MENTION NAMES, BUT I WOULDN'T HERE)
LEYIN ILORIN KOSI VARSITY O
AREA BOYS L'OMO______(FILL IN THE GAP).
GREAT UNILORIN....PROBITAS DOCTRINA.
THE UNIVERSITY THAT IS ALWAYS BETTER BY FAR AND BY FAR BETTER THAN THEM

8 Likes

Re: The Many Positives You Don't Know About Unilorin by lovelinkheart(m): 7:58pm On Apr 28, 2013
bravo!!!......i rep d better by far University
Re: The Many Positives You Don't Know About Unilorin by kayking01(f): 9:36pm On Apr 28, 2013
Only unilorin appreciates their best students{scholars}by giving dem monetary package{ninety thousand +}if u can maintain a minimum of 2:1 through out a session
Re: The Many Positives You Don't Know About Unilorin by xamster(m): 2:00am On Apr 29, 2013
Magnificent write up, I must confess.........however, buh alas u never re-collect to scribble "the most tribalistic citadel of learning in NIGERIA".
That's anoda known FACT.
Re: The Many Positives You Don't Know About Unilorin by felai: 12:56pm On Apr 29, 2013
Lovely Write up.
Keep it UP wink
Re: The Many Positives You Don't Know About Unilorin by shikiri59: 2:35pm On Apr 29, 2013
God bless you my brother. I would have love to tell the author of the previous thread that he should rather expel himself from the school because he does not deserve to be in that precious, prestigious, incomparable better by far university.
It's no stale news that we are cynosure of every great establishment, here in my PPA in F.G.C okposi, they all say am outstanding from other corp member just because of how Unilorin has tutored me to be very hardworking and self-reliance.
God bless my alma-mata

1 Like

Re: The Many Positives You Don't Know About Unilorin by NeuroBoss(m): 6:39am On Apr 30, 2013
xamster: Magnificent write up, I must confess.........however, buh alas u never re-collect to scribble "the most tribalistic citadel of learning in NIGERIA".
That's anoda known FACT.
Ogbeni, the fact that you have tried severally but unsuccessful in the past to be a student does not make UNILORIN.
Who knows maybe simple and banal things like not knowing that UNILORIN is a federal institution has been your undoing in your shot at ever getting a degree. I was priviledged to be a student and I know how the school works and I will not suffer a squit like you to denigrate it
Re: The Many Positives You Don't Know About Unilorin by NeuroBoss(m): 6:42am On Apr 30, 2013
xamster: Magnificent write up, I must confess.........however, buh alas u never re-collect to scribble "the most tribalistic citadel of learning in NIGERIA".
That's anoda known FACT.
Ogbeni, the fact that you have tried severally but unsuccessfully in the past to be a student does not make UNILORIN a tribal institution.
No wonder you failed to pass your POST-UTME.
Who knows maybe simple and banal things like not knowing that UNILORIN is a federal institution( and can neither be tribal nor indigent) has been your undoing in your shot at ever getting a degree. I was priviledged to be a student and I know how the school works and I will not suffer a squit like you to denigrate it
Re: The Many Positives You Don't Know About Unilorin by xamster(m): 7:13pm On Apr 30, 2013
Wow! Is dat ur measure of intelligence? Dats how johnny like u get urself in trouble. Did I mentioned ever applying in unilorin, I've got intelligently smart folks who scored the highest mark in pume as well as entrance exams, only to award indigens with nadal scores, admission.
Retardeen, u had beta subscribe urself some drugs b4 u go haywire wit ur illness. Idiotic element!
Re: The Many Positives You Don't Know About Unilorin by Ezegozie(m): 9:28pm On Apr 30, 2013
This thread is really very funny!

Advert that says MINIMUM CUTOFF IS 2:1 except UNILORIN graduates! hAHAHAHAHA

Unilorin graduates being the only graduate that wears their school convocation polo in the camp! hAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Unilorin being the only school that is free of cultism, molestation, violence, protest!
HAHAhahahahhaahh

unilorin having the highest number of applicants! hahahahahhah.

Hahahahaha, Guy, are you a comedian or what? Hahahahahahahhahahah

(1) (Reply)

The 2013/2014 Unizik Post Direct Entry Exam Result Is Out / UNILAG Postgraduate 2016/2017 Applicants.. Let's Meet Here / 8 Ways To Identify An Introvert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.