Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,646 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

1.2M JAMB-UTME Candidates Won't Have Admission - FG - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 1.2M JAMB-UTME Candidates Won't Have Admission - FG (19010 Views)

Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 / Nigeria UTME Candidates Download Cheat-sheets And Answers Through Mobile Phones / Yabatech 2010 Utme Candidates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1.2M JAMB-UTME Candidates Won't Have Admission - FG by osenidvdg(m): 8:06pm On Apr 28, 2013
REVOLUTION!! REVOLUTION!! REVOLUTION ill only be solution to ongoing crises in Nigeria.So get ready
Re: 1.2M JAMB-UTME Candidates Won't Have Admission - FG by loveslife(f): 8:35pm On Apr 28, 2013
OmolodMilkman93: It is a dismal bismal, It is regrettably lugubrious that in a country so blessed with milk and honey(oil), the future of the youths is threatened by lack of educational facilities.
are u by any chance a final year student economics in unn? And is ur name izuchukwu?
Re: 1.2M JAMB-UTME Candidates Won't Have Admission - FG by pearlesther: 9:45pm On Apr 28, 2013
Nigeria is nothing but a cage I feel for my last born goshhh....
Re: 1.2M JAMB-UTME Candidates Won't Have Admission - FG by iamcourage(m): 1:56am On Apr 29, 2013
i think education should be for all. .d govt should do more. .i insist that admitin student should be on merit. .the issue of catchment area shud b scrapped totally an d best student should be given admition . .anyway if u score 190 nd below dnt xpect admition. .tho i bliev in miracles
Re: 1.2M JAMB-UTME Candidates Won't Have Admission - FG by calcal: 3:28am On Apr 29, 2013
churific: Nigeria and their ways...The educational system is shit and needs to change.

How can you deny admission to 1.2 Million serious students as if they're getting their education for free?

In the United States, no matter how poor you do on any entrance examination, there's always a school willing to accept and educate you because they know how important it is for everyone to be educated AT THE RIGHT TIME.

By the age of 23, I already have 2 bachelor degrees and 1 Masters and you have people in Nigeria still struggling in their late 20s just to enter university.

THAT NEEDS TO CHANGE!

Oga tell me where you get the school fees for 2 bachelor degrees and 1 master in USA or your parent so poor that you qualified for free education?
Re: 1.2M JAMB-UTME Candidates Won't Have Admission - FG by soundsoul(m): 5:24am On Apr 29, 2013
;DThnk God i hav been at ota farm, doing my jamb with obj nd d chikens
Re: 1.2M JAMB-UTME Candidates Won't Have Admission - FG by Nobody: 9:26am On Apr 29, 2013
IT IS IMPORTANT TO COME TO TERMS WITH REALITY. JAMB/UTME IS NOT THE ONLY AVENUE FOR SECURING ADMISSION INTO TERTIARY INSTITUTION. I HEAD A CAMBRIDGE A'LEVEL CENTER IN IBADAN AND IT IS NOT ONLY AN ALTERNATIVE TO JAMB/UTME BUT A GUARANTEED ALTERNATIVE. REGISTRATION FOR OCT/NOV 2013 AND MAY/JUNE 2013 EXAMINATION ON. VISIT US @ OUR PREP CENTER, 28,ADENUGA STREET, KONGI NEW BODIJA OR CALL 08024777365 OR 08062823447. DELAY IS DANGEROUS.
Re: 1.2M JAMB-UTME Candidates Won't Have Admission - FG by dewale2k: 9:41am On Apr 29, 2013
There is no federal governmemt academy in suleja. it is only federal government academy
Re: 1.2M JAMB-UTME Candidates Won't Have Admission - FG by XploraBen(m): 9:42am On Apr 29, 2013
This is not gud enuf for d education in dis country.Y cant JAMB sell out d appropriate number of forms to d candidates.So candidates who got d cut-off mark will hav to resit next year again.This is damn nonsense!
Re: 1.2M JAMB-UTME Candidates Won't Have Admission - FG by JosephTuviz(m): 10:42am On Apr 29, 2013
hnn,,,,Nigeria government i pray God will intervay into this improper arrangement for getting admission
Re: 1.2M JAMB-UTME Candidates Won't Have Admission - FG by texazzpete(m): 11:14am On Apr 29, 2013
Missonas: FG knew dat only 520,000 wud most lykly be admitted and yet sold d forms to abt 1.7m candidates?height of insentivity on the masses!and they tawking abt mega universities when they cant even manage the mini ones we have.yea ryt mr president is concerned bt wat will dat do 2d studnts dat studied hard,passed and would still be denied admission?

So if there are only 520,000 slots, they should sell just 520,000 forms abi? If Mobil wants to employ 20 Engineers they should not take more than 20 or 30 CVs to review abi?

You people sef!
Re: 1.2M JAMB-UTME Candidates Won't Have Admission - FG by chriskwaku: 11:30am On Apr 29, 2013
htpp://www.ashesi.edu.gh
Re: 1.2M JAMB-UTME Candidates Won't Have Admission - FG by Martx(m): 11:52am On Apr 29, 2013
why did they take that much if they knw they will not be given admission
Re: 1.2M JAMB-UTME Candidates Won't Have Admission - FG by dorox(m): 1:02pm On Apr 29, 2013
What Nigeria needs right now is quality and not quantity in education. Nigerians now view a university education as an end in itself rather than a means to end.
Our educational system has become cancerous, churning out half baked graduates in the hundreds of thousands yearly to be employed in jobs that a secondary school graduate given six months on the job training would excel at.
Our society will benefit more if the number of spaces is reduced by a factor of four with a more than corresponding increase in standards.
We surely do not need graduates to fill all the positions available.
It is in Nigerian banks that everybody but cleaners and security guards are graduates.
The way I see it, is for us as society to get very few but capable graduates and a well trained vocational workforce. For example, servicing a gas-turbine does not require any knowledge of differential equations, fluid mechanics and aerodynamics. But designing one does.

1 Like

Re: 1.2M JAMB-UTME Candidates Won't Have Admission - FG by joe1975: 2:41pm On Apr 29, 2013
Sign up with Nigerian online marketplace for manufacturers, suppliers, importers, exporters and buyers. http://www.youandbuyer.com
Re: 1.2M JAMB-UTME Candidates Won't Have Admission - FG by lotman4real(m): 7:36pm On Apr 29, 2013
if u need admission into KNUST ,GHANA ,contact me .... AM 4 real .
Re: 1.2M JAMB-UTME Candidates Won't Have Admission - FG by Missonas(f): 11:33pm On Apr 29, 2013
texazzpete:
So if there are only 520,000 slots, they should sell just 520,000 forms abi? If Mobil wants to employ 20 Engineers they should not take more than 20 or 30 CVs to review abi?
You people sef!

We tawking money here.sides we nigerians and we knw d ish behind dat absurd sales same way employee's sell scratch cards 4jobs dat have already been given 2pple.we'v been swallowing so much datz y dey kip doing it
Re: 1.2M JAMB-UTME Candidates Won't Have Admission - FG by Adexroy(m): 7:17am On Apr 30, 2013
[b][/b] ;DI think fG, should scrapped utme cos it anoda money maker 4 fG.
Re: 1.2M JAMB-UTME Candidates Won't Have Admission - FG by dorox(m): 7:37am On Apr 30, 2013
texazzpete:

You people sef!
The purpose of setting an exam like Jamb is to select the best students based on merit, if the exact number of forms are sold how do yo expect the winners to be chosen?
Re: 1.2M JAMB-UTME Candidates Won't Have Admission - FG by MissAma(f): 3:53pm On Apr 30, 2013
"Mr president is very much concerned"indeed!And yet we keep hearing the same story year in year out!Its only an insensitive government that keeps on brooding over its problems,when it has the capacity to put an end to them."We would not expand the carrying capacity without expanding the facilities". Why tell us,are we in any way in-charge of FUNDS/BUDGET!
Re: 1.2M JAMB-UTME Candidates Won't Have Admission - FG by OmolodMilkman93(m): 11:42pm On Apr 30, 2013
love$life:
are u by any chance a final year student economics in unn? And is ur name izuchukwu?
oh dearie, sorry I am nt
Re: 1.2M JAMB-UTME Candidates Won't Have Admission - FG by a1solution: 7:26am On May 02, 2013
THE NUMBER OF THE STUDENTS THEY WANT TO ADMIT IS TOO POOR COMPARE TO THE NUMBER THAT APPLIED FOR JAMB.
Re: 1.2M JAMB-UTME Candidates Won't Have Admission - FG by hyelhira: 10:52pm On May 09, 2013
JAMB/UTME 2013 result is out. Have you performed well? Congratulations! Was your performance average or so poor that it cannot guarantee your admission? What are you going to do about it? Here are your choices.

You can either stay at home for another year to write another JAMB/UTME and waste money on special centres with the same uncertainty of outcome. Or, you can take a wise step and find a practical and credible solution to your admission problem NOW!
We advise you to choose the wise course by seizing the opportunity presented by GCAB.

GCAB - GGA College of Accounting and Business offers a live changing opportunity for students struggling to gain admission through JAMB, by presenting a dual graduate programme that combines professional examination of ICAN and a BSc programme of NOUN through an integrated syllabus.

For further information, follow this link: http://www.ggacollege.org/contact-us/information-request-form/. (Serious students only as spaces are limited).
Re: 1.2M JAMB-UTME Candidates Won't Have Admission - FG by JosephTuviz(m): 3:59pm On May 31, 2013
pls does federal poly ede offer computer engineering at HND level,,,,
PLEASE KINDLY DROP YOUR COMMENT..THANKS

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See Senate’s Motion On LAUTECH Strike (Photo) / k / Minister Reiterates Ban On Post UTME.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.