Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,823 members, 7,817,399 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:32 AM

1.2M JAMB-UTME Candidates Won't Have Admission - FG - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 1.2M JAMB-UTME Candidates Won't Have Admission - FG (19008 Views)

Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 / Nigeria UTME Candidates Download Cheat-sheets And Answers Through Mobile Phones / Yabatech 2010 Utme Candidates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1.2M JAMB-UTME Candidates Won't Have Admission - FG by zingy85: 11:50am On Apr 28, 2013
since they knew the space available why would they sell form up to that extent ?
Re: 1.2M JAMB-UTME Candidates Won't Have Admission - FG by SLIDEwaxie(m): 11:50am On Apr 28, 2013
churific: Nigeria and their ways...The educational system is shit and needs to change.

How can you deny admission to 1.2 Million serious students as if they're getting their education for free?

In the United States, no matter how poor you do on any entrance examination, there's always a school willing to accept and educate you because they know how important it is for everyone to be educated AT THE RIGHT TIME.
By the age of 23, I already have 2 bachelor degrees and 1 Masters and you have people in Nigeria still struggling in their late 20s just to enter university.

THAT NEEDS TO CHANGE!
wow! At 23! A bachelor degree and a masters?
Lemme guess...
U shld be a professor by 25!!!

And to think u're not even a genius!
Re: 1.2M JAMB-UTME Candidates Won't Have Admission - FG by redcliff: 11:51am On Apr 28, 2013
[size=14pt]This government talks too much. Me think the energy they dissipate in talking gibberish and all sorts, if same energy is meted unto implementation of solutions to issues bothering us, half of out problems would be solved by now.[/size]

1 Like

Re: 1.2M JAMB-UTME Candidates Won't Have Admission - FG by Odunharry(m): 11:51am On Apr 28, 2013
donwilly3: i no no wetin i go do now e be lyk say i go run go ghana or gambia go 4 ma university
go burkina faso
Re: 1.2M JAMB-UTME Candidates Won't Have Admission - FG by adezzy01(m): 11:51am On Apr 28, 2013
Appliedmaths.:
Joke of the decade.Then why did you register them in the first place?,oh I get it na to coner money 4 d govt abi...*shame!
abi ooo shameless fools in FIDEFI GOVT. God help kill al ds bad leaders.
Re: 1.2M JAMB-UTME Candidates Won't Have Admission - FG by Nobody: 12:11pm On Apr 28, 2013
[size=28pt]And where are the private schools in all these?

Smh, this is is fhucked up country. I foresee a bottleneck in Nigeria's education's future.[/size]
Re: 1.2M JAMB-UTME Candidates Won't Have Admission - FG by taharqa: 12:12pm On Apr 28, 2013
Missonas: FG knew dat only 520,000 wud most lykly be admitted and yet sold d forms to abt 1.7m candidates?height of insentivity on the masses!and they tawking abt mega universities when they cant even manage the mini ones we have.yea ryt mr president is concerned bt wat will dat do 2d studnts dat studied hard,passed and would still be denied admission?

Yes! The President is concerned. That why he has done something that has never been done in Nigeria's University Education History:

He has Successfully fulfilled his promise of Establishing 9 new Federal Universities in States that did not have any (3 more still in the offing) IN LESS THAN 2 YEARS, just as he has built more than 80 Almajiri and Girls Schools in less than a year. More Private Universities have also been set up under his Presidency.

So YES, the President is concerned and cares. He has probably done more than any President in Nigeria's History to improving ACCESS in the Nigerian Educational sector.

1 Like

Re: 1.2M JAMB-UTME Candidates Won't Have Admission - FG by bhagghio(m): 12:18pm On Apr 28, 2013
Bleep nigeria and their government...
Re: 1.2M JAMB-UTME Candidates Won't Have Admission - FG by Bryancrox(m): 12:24pm On Apr 28, 2013
gysl1973: ABEG WHO GET LINK OF HOW TO JOIN MILITANT? I HEAR SAY ONE KIDNAPPING FIRM DEY RECRUIT FOR DELTA
OBOY NA 2 SLOT REMAIN O DOWNLOAD D FORM 4 www.niqeriamilitant.jamb.org i dor fill my own already
Re: 1.2M JAMB-UTME Candidates Won't Have Admission - FG by nelxsantos(m): 12:41pm On Apr 28, 2013
i may say prof Rafai nd ur workrs do broght dis inconviences wen U cudn't let jamb candt. 2 choose their disire exam center dat they knw nd were close 2 dem, most 'ple do wnt far north do 2 inconsistency f d exam centers durin reg whl sum bought 2 forms 2 reregistr 2 a near cnter. I pray such do nt repeat it self. May der soul RIP. Amen
Re: 1.2M JAMB-UTME Candidates Won't Have Admission - FG by meforyou1(m): 1:12pm On Apr 28, 2013
First of all, there is no federal govt college suleija. What they have there is federal govt academy suleija. And I weep for this country
Re: 1.2M JAMB-UTME Candidates Won't Have Admission - FG by Nobody: 1:27pm On Apr 28, 2013
SLIDE waxie: wow! At 23! A bachelor degree and a masters?
Lemme guess...
U shld be a professor by 25!!!

And to think u're not even a genius!

You f!!ucki!!ng fool could you stop lying just to give assertion to you phantasmagorical claim *maybe he is even among those that wrote jamb with orijo* coming here to write that at 23 you have 2 degrees, what have you achieved with these your bought degrees ( that's if you have them) shut your garrulous voice cavity and focus on moving nigeria forward ( that's if you have a brain)

Re: 1.2M JAMB-UTME Candidates Won't Have Admission - FG by iwanchop(m): 1:27pm On Apr 28, 2013
The last time I checked Nigeria has
129 universities,44 polytechnics
and
37 colleges of education,altogether
210 higher institutions having a
carrying capacity of 520,000
students
(according to the minister).
Suppose the number of higher
institutions is doubled,we would
have
have 420 institutions with carrying
capacity of at least
2*520,000=1,040,000 which is still
less
than the number that sat for UTME
this year. How long will it take
Nigeria
to have at least 420 higher
institutions?5,10,20 or 40 years?It
took us 66years (from 1947 when
Yabatech was founded) to have
210 .Don't forget the number of
candidates eligible to write the
exam
increase yearly.Are prospective
candidates not in trouble?Clearly
more candidates will continue to
sit at
home while very few are admitted.
Many have argued that if a
candidate
pass well then he would be offered
admission,my question has always
been do u have to pass well to be
offered admission.Are higher
institutions for brilliant students
only?
If you say they are,why then do we
have 3rd class,pass and fail grades
in
our higher institutions?
The problem we have with higher
institutions admission is that the
the
number of students applying to
these
school s is far more than their
carrying capacities,the problem is
absolutely not JAMB as a lot of
candidates have ignorantly said.
Clearly more of our students
would
continue to travel to Ghana,S/
Africa,Gambia,Lebanon,Malaysia
and
even Iran to seek admission
Re: 1.2M JAMB-UTME Candidates Won't Have Admission - FG by funbecc: 2:03pm On Apr 28, 2013
I just feel students shud try oda tinz like d nigerian defence academy...because even d skools don't ave enuf facilities!!
Its really sad! Its well
Re: 1.2M JAMB-UTME Candidates Won't Have Admission - FG by iwanchop(m): 2:25pm On Apr 28, 2013
Re: 1.2M JAMB-UTME Candidates Won't Have Admission - FG by mankand(m): 2:29pm On Apr 28, 2013
No be their fault. Na the people wey dry patronise dem buy form i go blame.

Why waste your time writing jamb when you can jamb them away secure admissiin abroad. Ukraine, belarus, poland, georgia, china, france, germny, italy and spain. Check www.transukrvuz.com or call 08037825608 comi.g from a reliable ukrainian company with branch offices in 8 countries including nigeria
Re: 1.2M JAMB-UTME Candidates Won't Have Admission - FG by johnnycrown: 2:35pm On Apr 28, 2013
It is bad in dis country dat each candidate can't rit xams in d state dey r,FG dey watch dat innocent child passing away bcus of jamb & Dibu is wrking FG is hapi 4 dat,1.7million candidates 6 or 8 as dead among dem in d name of geting admission 2 skul,dis is not fear a lot.hw many senators hv his or her sons or daughter written jamb b4 entering & pass thru d hell dat dis candidates r passin thru?if change can't come 2 all nija problems @least der shld be change in entring skul @ least we shld not hv pple @ d ages of 30's still lookin 4 admission.minister of education u r a mother do stin @bout it.look @ yaba college of tech as xample owoso as a rector filled his pocket but ladipopo margret came & do stin beta 4 skul dat is a mother,she has concern 4 dos children Rafi do stin 4 nija pple dat want enter skul
Re: 1.2M JAMB-UTME Candidates Won't Have Admission - FG by iwanchop(m): 2:35pm On Apr 28, 2013
sholay2011: Goddamnit!!! This is sad. I think the Nigerian populace nneds to be reorientated about education.

Not everyone is created to have BSc or HND in life. And that doesn't mean they are lesser beings. Some have skills, talents and stunning abilities that can only be developed outside the 4 walls of a lecture room.

What happened to vocational trainings, talent agencies and so on? And the discrimination of people that attend thses places shud be cropped to encourage footballers-to-be, actors-to-be, IT gurus-to-be and so on to flex their abilities and intellects.

Most successful Hollywood actors didn't attend a University. Most arsenal players that some old men here in naija would almost give themselves heart attack over while watching their game didn't go to Harvard or Oxford University to get a degree so they won't be crucified by the society for not being graduates.

Education is wonderful 'cos we can't do without our doctors, agriculturists, engineers, accountants and even, some of us won't know how to speak and write correct English, but it isn't meant for everybody!

Yes,education is not meant for everybody but it should be easily accessible to the few that desire and crave for it.The number that sat for UTME this year is just a very small fraction of those that are supposed to sit for the exam,no thanks to illiteracy and poverty.Government's irresponsibility or non-challance should not be reason I should not be educated.
Re: 1.2M JAMB-UTME Candidates Won't Have Admission - FG by Nobody: 2:54pm On Apr 28, 2013
This is what I call super story that touches the heart.... So wetin all the remaining over one million people go come do?na so terrorism dey start
Re: 1.2M JAMB-UTME Candidates Won't Have Admission - FG by Nobody: 3:10pm On Apr 28, 2013
they only want d riches for theirselves...dats y dey ar doin dis... NIGERIA WILL SURELY SURVIVE THE LIKES OF YOU PEOPLE. AND GOD WILL JUGDGE UR ACTS...
Re: 1.2M JAMB-UTME Candidates Won't Have Admission - FG by Missonas(f): 3:17pm On Apr 28, 2013
taharqa:
Yes! The President is concerned. That why he has done something that has never been done in Nigeria's University Education History:
He has Successfully fulfilled his promise to Establish 9 new Federal Universities in States that did not have any (3 more still in the offing) IN LESS THAN 2 YEARS, just as he has built more than 80 Almajiri and Girls Schools in less than a year. More Private Universities has also been set up under his Presidency.
So YES, the President is concerned and cares. He has probably done more than any President in Nigeria's History to improve ACCESS in the Nigerian Educational sector.

Advancement brings changes.past presidents where nt saddled with wat our present president is handling today.true.his administratn has bn found wanting in so many areas.those '9 new universities' dnt admit more than 500 candidates per session(atleast dat was wat we were made 2believe.he's concern wud nt be felt skin deep if many youths cannot get into higher institutn based on d fact that d capacity of studnts is 2high for d existing universities.trust me,we nigerians and we expect results nt excuses.enough is enough!
Re: 1.2M JAMB-UTME Candidates Won't Have Admission - FG by matrixme(m): 3:31pm On Apr 28, 2013
Our president is either 'very concerned' or making declarations like a religious leader. His best efforts are declaring amnesty, pardons and forming committees. I'm sure none of all these would work here. Educating young people in a developing country is not a negotiable issue because, like developed countries where young people can afford not to go to school and escape with it (although getting rarer everyday too), the chances here are very slim. The bitter truth is that you are either in school or selling gala to travellers. God help you if you get a better job. Sadly, the religiously- owned institutions that ought to be the saviour of the common man are provocatively over-priced like there is no tomorrow. The future of this country looks very scary with these issues.
Re: 1.2M JAMB-UTME Candidates Won't Have Admission - FG by Olicris(m): 3:39pm On Apr 28, 2013
usomine007: Jamb is just another money making venture for the FG...waste of precious time.I just pity the poor candidates
......2bad
Re: 1.2M JAMB-UTME Candidates Won't Have Admission - FG by PrebabyG(f): 4:10pm On Apr 28, 2013
"Fear not for i am with you says the lord" pls dnt be afraid of anything or anybody just believe dat our God wil do it 4 us dis is our year of getting admission in Jesus name Amen.

1 Like

Re: 1.2M JAMB-UTME Candidates Won't Have Admission - FG by Evestar200(f): 4:29pm On Apr 28, 2013
donwilly3: i no no wetin i go do now e be lyk say i go run go ghana or gambia go 4 ma university
thank you! Na wetin i wan do b dat
Re: 1.2M JAMB-UTME Candidates Won't Have Admission - FG by trolling(m): 4:59pm On Apr 28, 2013
Do you guys think there's surety and security in worldly system of things all these things will eventually fail and disappoint you guys. Isaiah 30 and 31 gives you documentation.
Re: 1.2M JAMB-UTME Candidates Won't Have Admission - FG by VivyGift(f): 5:41pm On Apr 28, 2013
Admission + Graduation = unemployment. I pray for better tomorrow
Re: 1.2M JAMB-UTME Candidates Won't Have Admission - FG by Dranatomy: 6:13pm On Apr 28, 2013
Troop them in and make jobs available too after graduation!
Re: 1.2M JAMB-UTME Candidates Won't Have Admission - FG by emmille(m): 7:43pm On Apr 28, 2013
adeaugustus: Sad but true.... Thank God I gained admission years ago.

And you think life ends with you? What about posterity?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See Senate’s Motion On LAUTECH Strike (Photo) / k / List Of Lecturers Sacked In UNIBEN For Their SEXCAPEDE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.