Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,035 members, 7,821,576 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

Check Out This Religion Of Atheism - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Check Out This Religion Of Atheism (944 Views)

The Glamour Of Atheism / FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) / The Cowardice Of Atheism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Check Out This Religion Of Atheism by 0keyxyz(m): 9:56am On Apr 29, 2013
So what is a religion if not a set of doctrines/teachings for gathering and organising people of common philosophical outlook on life, in this case Atheism.

And they tell us: "Atheism is not a religion" grin grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNn-9hw2YCc
Re: Check Out This Religion Of Atheism by Nobody: 10:17am On Apr 29, 2013
You dont know atheism is a religion?

I am the lord Dark Knight of atheism
Ooman is my second in command, the Alphascientist lord illuminati

and we have many followers of the hatheism atheism cult.

Mtchew cretinous nonsense angry angry angry
Re: Check Out This Religion Of Atheism by ooman(m): 10:46am On Apr 29, 2013
^^^what??
Re: Check Out This Religion Of Atheism by Nobody: 11:11am On Apr 29, 2013
ooman: ^^^what??

Some sarcastic stuff
Re: Check Out This Religion Of Atheism by Nobody: 11:31am On Apr 29, 2013
Yea, some folks practice Atheism as a religion, though not all Atheist.

My assessment is not based on the reasons given by the OP...
Re: Check Out This Religion Of Atheism by Nobody: 12:41pm On Apr 29, 2013
striktlymi: Yea, some folks practice Atheism as a religion, though not all Atheist.

My assessment is not based on the reasons given by the OP...

It is impossible to practice atheism as a religion.

The day that happens, cocacola marketing staff belong to a religion of spreading the gospel of coke.

Religion of atheism? Do you people even understand English/Grammar/Literature?

You dont know of oxymorons and contradictions?

A religion of no faith, no worship and no beliefs? Does that make sense to you?

Or did somebody tell you that Richard Dawkins is the way, the truth and the light?

Atheism is defined as a disbelief in god. Does that definition sound like something that should be classified as a religion?

Does disbelieving in santa become a religion?
Re: Check Out This Religion Of Atheism by Nobody: 1:34pm On Apr 29, 2013
Aaah the dark knight himself has decided to grace us with a response...I am trully honoured...now let's subject this 'all knowing wisdom of the gods' to the 'butchers knife'...

Logicboy03:

Reaaaaaally?

Logicboy03:
The day that happens, cocacola marketing staff belong to a religion of spreading the gospel of coke.

I shouldn't be telling you that there is a marked difference between 'religion' (in general) and 'marketing'...even secondary school kids know this.

Logicboy03:
Religion of atheism? Do you people even understand English/Grammar/Literature?

Now the above is so cute...I don't know about the others but I, as an individual, find it increasingly difficult understanding some versions of English, especially the one from the 'stables' of Logicboy...

Anyways, let me give you the version I do understand with the hope that you also speak and understand the same version...

Some plausible definitions for religion includes:

Definition of religion
noun

1) the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods:
ideas about the relationship between science and religion

2) a particular system of faith and worship:
the world’s great religions

3)a pursuit or interest followed with great devotion:
consumerism is the new religion

Now LB review the above definitions and do a proper 'examination of conscience' to see if you are not guilty as charged. If I were you, I will direct my efforts on definition 3. If you can't understand this version of English, I might need to come back to school you a bit on it.

Logicboy03:
You dont know of oxymorons and contradictions?

I laugh in tongues!

Logicboy03:
A religion of no faith, no worship and no beliefs? Does that make sense to you?

Or did somebody tell you that Richard Dawkins is the way, the truth and the light?

Atheism is defined as a disbelief in god. Does that definition sound like something that should be classified as a religion?

Does disbelieving in santa become a religion?

I have asked you before to gather little kids and tell them that you do not have beliefs of your own and in the event that you do not know, Atheism is seen in two lights: the practice of disbelief and that of belief...you sir are an Atheist with your own belief.
Re: Check Out This Religion Of Atheism by 0keyxyz(m): 1:41pm On Apr 29, 2013
@illogicboy,

Atheism is the belief that there is no god. grin grin

Please what part of the bolded don't you understand??
Re: Check Out This Religion Of Atheism by 0keyxyz(m): 1:45pm On Apr 29, 2013
^^^

Thus people of this "belief" in "no god" gather to share logics, arguments, doctrines and testimonies. Hell!! they even make offerings & tithes contributions towards their cause and the spread of this "gospel".

Please tell me again: what do religions do?
Re: Check Out This Religion Of Atheism by Nobody: 1:48pm On Apr 29, 2013
This is great evidence that Striklymi is a fool that says things that he doesnt even remember or understand.

Here is my comment;

Logicboy03:

Here is striklymi's reply to my comment;

striktlymi:

Logicboy03:

I shouldn't be telling you that there is a marked difference between 'religion' (in general) and 'marketing'...even secondary school kids know this.

Now take a look at striklymi's definition of religion

striktlymi:
Some plausible definitions for religion includes:

Definition of religion
noun

[size=18pt]
3)a pursuit or interest followed with great devotion:
consumerism is the new religion
[/size]

Now LB review the above definitions and do a proper 'examination of conscience' to see if you are not guilty as charged. If I were you, I will direct my efforts on definition 3. If you can't understand this version of English, I might need to come back to school you a bit on it.

Explain how the staff of the marketing department of cocacola is not a religion with the above definition of religion?

They come up with various campaigns for cocacola and pursue an increse in sales by devotedly campaigning to people to drink coke as it is always refreshing.

You sir are a first class dubious dumbf$ck
Re: Check Out This Religion Of Atheism by Nobody: 1:53pm On Apr 29, 2013
0keyxyz: ^^^

Thus people of this "belief" in "no god" gather to share logics, arguments, doctrines and testimonies. Hell!! they even make offerings & tithes contributions towards their cause and the spread of this "gospel".

Please tell me again: what do religions do?

Not all grammatically correct sentence are logical or sensible.

"A handful of nothing" meaningless but grammatically correct. You can not hold "nothing"

"A belief in no santa" meaningless but grammatically correct. You can't believe in a negative. You cant believe in nothing.

"A belief in no God" meaningless but grammatically correct. You can't belief in no god. A disbelief is not a belief.

Christians need basic English and logic lessons
Re: Check Out This Religion Of Atheism by Nobody: 1:57pm On Apr 29, 2013
striktlymi:

I have asked you before to gather little kids and tell them that you do not have beliefs of your own and in the event that you do not know, Atheism is seen in two lights: the practice of disbelief and that of belief...you sir are an Atheist with your own belief.

How can atheism be a disbelief and belief at the same time? It would be like saying that something is hot and cold at the same time.

How can a disbelief be a belief?

You people are silly
Re: Check Out This Religion Of Atheism by Nobody: 1:59pm On Apr 29, 2013
Logicboy03: This is great evidence that Striklymi is a fool that says things that he doesnt even remember or understand.

This is expected...when LB has been caught 'pants down', he is all fiery with insults.

Logicboy03:
Here is my comment;

Here is striklymi's reply to my comment;

The above can only confuse your loyal subjects. I mean those who can't think for themselves!

Logicboy03:
Now take a look at striklymi's definition of religion

My definition? Unlike you sir, I do not have my very own version of English...that definition is strictly oxford dictionary baby.

Logicboy03:
Explain how the staff of the marketing department of cocacola is not a religion with the above definition of religion?

They come up with various campaigns for cocacola and pursue an increse in sales by devotedly campaigning to people to drink coke as it is always refreshing.

**in your voice** Am I your teacher? If you cannot differentiate it then go back to school...

Logicboy03:
You sir are a first class dubious dumbf$ck

Na me say make you hold the silly belief in no God?
Re: Check Out This Religion Of Atheism by Nobody: 2:01pm On Apr 29, 2013
striktlymi:

This is expected...when LB has been caught 'pants down', he is all fiery with insults.

The above can only confuse your loyal subjects. I mean those who can't think for themselves!

My definition? Unlike you sir, I do not have my very own version of English...that definition is strictly oxford dictionary baby.

**in your voice** Am I your teacher? If you cannot differentiate it then go back to school...

Na me say make you hold the silly belief in no God?

*retardeen avoidance mode activated*

#Unfollowing
Re: Check Out This Religion Of Atheism by Nobody: 5:16pm On Apr 29, 2013
Logicboy03:

How can atheism be a disbelief and belief at the same time? It would be like saying that something is hot and cold at the same time.

How can a disbelief be a belief?

You people are silly

You don't even know the versions of Atheism and you claim to be one?

This is indeed shameful!
Re: Check Out This Religion Of Atheism by Nobody: 5:20pm On Apr 29, 2013
Logicboy03:

*retardeen avoidance mode activated*

#Unfollowing

If I see ya face here again, na koboko go be your portion!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Does Ur Church Punish Late Comers? If Yes, Wat Type Of Punishement? / your prayers may not have been reaching heaven all thz while :o / 5 Signs You May Have Had A Past Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.