Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,226 members, 7,825,870 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

8 Biggest Career Mistakes That People Make In Their 20s - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 8 Biggest Career Mistakes That People Make In Their 20s (1708 Views)

Career Mistakes You Should Avoid In Your Place Of Work. / Mistakes A Guy Must Not Make In His 20s / What Is Your Biggest Career Challenge Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

8 Biggest Career Mistakes That People Make In Their 20s by entadaplace: 12:00pm On Apr 29, 2013
Dearest 20-somethings, we have seen the job market and we know it to be brutal.

But that doesn’t mean one can simply ignore that our first work experiences have a lasting impact on the future. Dr. Meg Jay, author of “The Defining Decade” — a book about how to make the most out of your 20s — even estimates that as much as two-thirds of wage growth happens during the first 10 years of someone’s career.

Considering that, it appears millennials could use some help with knowing what not to do as they start their careers. So without further ado, here are some very typical professional mistakes to avoid making in the early going:

You Think You Can’t Make Money While Pursuing Your Passion

Twenty-somethings often think that their career is an either-or choice between fulfilling a passion or earning a lot of money, Dr. Meg Jay, a clinical psychologist who specializes in 20-somethings, told The Huffington Post. But 20-somethings should be looking for a career that can fulfill their passion while meeting financial needs. It’s possible.

CHECK THE SITE IN MY USERNAME I WILL BE BANNED IF I POST IT
Re: 8 Biggest Career Mistakes That People Make In Their 20s by whisper88(m): 1:41pm On Apr 29, 2013
Going to get me Alomo

(1) (Reply)

Masters If Science In Public Health(msph) / Want To Study Masters In Norway / Is An Msc In Petroleum Geophysics Scope Limiting?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.