Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,013 members, 7,838,552 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

How To Improve Your English Language - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Improve Your English Language (22363 Views)

Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre {english Language Thread} / How Good Is Your English Vocabulary? Double Dare Nlders To Get 10/10 / Why Is The English Language Skill Of Nigerian Graduate So Appalling? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Improve Your English Language by Sundex70: 9:35am On May 16, 2013
Nice.
Re: How To Improve Your English Language by Nobody: 9:37am On May 16, 2013
iheneme: Now, that's one of many deficiencies of yours!

I can now see why you have been ptyalizing BS all over the thread.

Like I said earlier, English language is not your only deficiency...please go get an MRI done on your brain.

The lady doth protest too much, methinks is quote from Hamlet - A play written by a certain William Shakespeare...someone you've clearly never heard of.

Olodo.
Re: How To Improve Your English Language by achi4u(m): 9:39am On May 16, 2013
Isra-el:
make sure the films you watch are foreign precisely hollywood, a film with more words than actions. listen more to british news and interviews. if you find it difficult to read books; you could still make friends with learned people, avoid thugs and wafi(pidgin) freaks.
Wafi language had spoiled alot of ppl who intended learning good english.

To learn the rules of english lang grab some of the text books.
Re: How To Improve Your English Language by FrontPageLawyer(m): 9:39am On May 16, 2013
And how does english language translates to wealth?
Re: How To Improve Your English Language by achi4u(m): 9:43am On May 16, 2013
jackbauersballs:

Like I said earlier, English language is not your only deficiency...please go get an MRI done on your brain.

The lady doth protest too much, methinks is quote from Hamlet - A play written by a certain William Shakespeare...someone you've clearly never heard of.

Olodo.
hahahagringrin Guy i love ur style of writing just like maradona with football.

The comic ingredients is 3muchgrin

1 Like

Re: How To Improve Your English Language by iheneme(m): 9:56am On May 16, 2013
jackbauersballs:

Olodo.
That too is a quote from which of Soyinka's books?

1 Like

Re: How To Improve Your English Language by princeFAD: 10:00am On May 16, 2013
@OP.YOU forgot one important point.Listen very often to Hon. Obaiaghbon AKA IGODOMIGODO smiley
Re: How To Improve Your English Language by Nobody: 10:08am On May 16, 2013
iheneme: That too is a quote from which of Soyinka's books?

Dude I can now see you need the OP's advice.

I'm sure you wrote JAMB this year.

lol

Olodo Rabata.
Re: How To Improve Your English Language by iheneme(m): 10:15am On May 16, 2013
jackbauersballs:

Dude I can now see you need the OP's advice.

I'm sure you wrote JAMB this year.

lol

Olodo Rabata.

You carry on like you know everything. Failure to italicize your coinage is a deficiency in itself. Failure to use a comma after "Dude" is a deficiency. We all have our deficiencies. This much we must admit, so we can learn.

1 Like

Re: How To Improve Your English Language by mrofficial(m): 10:21am On May 16, 2013
ItsModella: wtf? I thought this was meant to be some music video with skales and ezi emela.

Links were obviously misplaced. cheesy
Re: How To Improve Your English Language by sweetrace(f): 10:22am On May 16, 2013
Keep a diary. Your daily entries should be in English. while doing this, you'll be forced to think in English.

1 Like

Re: How To Improve Your English Language by harlos: 10:26am On May 16, 2013
Use dictionary to translate any grammar u don't understand.
Thats what i do
Re: How To Improve Your English Language by kumari089(m): 10:29am On May 16, 2013
Not nollywood movies subtitle in english. Cos u wil b sorry for d number of mispell words & grammar
Re: How To Improve Your English Language by iheneme(m): 10:35am On May 16, 2013
Listen to good radio/TV stations such as BBC. I never miss any edition of HardTalk usually presented by Stephen Sackur.

1 Like

Re: How To Improve Your English Language by Nobody: 10:36am On May 16, 2013
iheneme: You carry on like you know everything. Failure to italicize your coinage is a deficiency in itself. Failure to use a comma after "Dude" is a deficiency. We all have our deficiencies. This much we must admit, so we can learn.

Shut it you reprobate.

I asked a legitimate question and you attacked me out of the blue.

You have been shown to be unintelligent buffoon.

Go and write JAMB for the 15th time.

Olodo
Re: How To Improve Your English Language by ivytechgurl: 10:39am On May 16, 2013
Na wa o' person write up stuff 2 help others 'n some pple dey para over d matter...if it isnt relevant 2 u, then no need 2 comment nowww...
Re: How To Improve Your English Language by Nobody: 10:40am On May 16, 2013
Wahhhh?!?!? shocked

Why yuh a waan improve yah rasclart English?

Rasta fi say: improve yah money and yuh English a improve wen yah fi start signing big bludclart checks fi dem top top mandem. dun noe.

Big thing a gwan wit big money.

Jah bless!! cool
Re: How To Improve Your English Language by iheneme(m): 10:41am On May 16, 2013
Do not use any word or expression just because other people used it (especially non-native speakers of English). Use your dictionary.
Re: How To Improve Your English Language by iheneme(m): 10:41am On May 16, 2013
Try to learn a new English word daily, to build your vocabulary.
Re: How To Improve Your English Language by DonEwexco(m): 10:54am On May 16, 2013
cheesycheesycheesy
flyforall: Study a page of the dictionary daily
Re: How To Improve Your English Language by Nobody: 11:04am On May 16, 2013
jackbauersballs:

Shut it you reprobate.

I asked a legitimate question and you attacked me out of the blue.

You have been shown to be unintelligent buffoon.

Go and write JAMB for the 15th time.

Olodo
Ok, you wey don score the highest mark for JAMB on first attempt, wetin be your contribution to this thread? because all this your methinks nor follow oo

1 Like

Re: How To Improve Your English Language by Nobody: 11:16am On May 16, 2013
Can somebody please help me pass my msg 2 Queen Elizabeth of England on how 2 improve her IGBO language. grin grin
Re: How To Improve Your English Language by Nobody: 11:17am On May 16, 2013
freechat: Ok, you wey don score the highest mark for JAMB on first attempt, wetin be your contribution to this thread? because all this your methinks nor follow oo

Who be this one again na?

Y you no fit just comment without quoting me?
Re: How To Improve Your English Language by Nobody: 11:34am On May 16, 2013
@ToWhomItMayConcern: You seem to have a good command of the english language but it doesn't change the fact that you're a p.r.i.c.k. Your gobbledegook-infested vocabulary doesnt make u 'a winner'.
@Op: nice worK. IMO, reading lots of novels help a great deal
Re: How To Improve Your English Language by Solozzo(m): 11:38am On May 16, 2013
Listen to the BBC Radio daily. Get a pronounciation dictionary- audio dictionary App.
Re: How To Improve Your English Language by GentleNaaz(m): 12:50pm On May 16, 2013
Conversation btwn aboki n igbo neighbour
aboki; monin nebo
igbo; monin aboki
aboki; hw ws my 9t?
Igbo; i....i... Dnt undstnd
aboki;my 9t, I no gud?
Igbo; u mean my 9t or ur 9t?
Aboki; kaiiiii... I no dy hear am for engrish
igbo; aboki liv me o. Dy snd u?

1 Like

Re: How To Improve Your English Language by mu2sa2: 12:55pm On May 16, 2013
chukxie: Learning the 48 Phonetic symbols can help to sharpen one's pronunciation skills.
In nigeria most people dont care about correct pronunciation, so would not even look at the phonetic symbols.

1 Like

Re: How To Improve Your English Language by Mishydoo(m): 1:18pm On May 16, 2013
dridowu: How can i improve my dialect ( IJEBU ) ?

Dancee around your compound naked 7tims shouting 'shokolokobangboshe'
Re: How To Improve Your English Language by Mishydoo(m): 1:18pm On May 16, 2013
dridowu: How can i improve my dialect ( IJEBU ) ?

Dance around your compound naked 7tims shouting 'shokolokobangboshe'
Re: How To Improve Your English Language by UgooJosh: 1:38pm On May 16, 2013
chukxie: Learning the 48 Phonetic symbols can help to sharpen one's pronunciation skills.
Oga, you want make we mad?
Re: How To Improve Your English Language by UgooJosh: 1:42pm On May 16, 2013
Mishydoo:

Dance around your compound naked 7tims shouting 'shokolokobangboshe'
Oga is this supposed to be a ritual proceedure?? Abi you be babalawo
Re: How To Improve Your English Language by babzynkyahoocom(m): 1:47pm On May 16, 2013
iheneme: Listen to good radio/TV stations such as BBC. I never miss any edition of HardTalk usually presented by Stephen Sackur.

For where? listen to Patrick Obahiagbon, former House of Rep. member. Sharply, you will understand English pass dictionary, i swear

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

University Of Nigeria, Nsukka Website Hacked At 1:00 Am / 7 Items Common To Every Student On Various Campus In Nigeria. / JAMB Candidates’ Most Preferred Universities In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.