Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,124 members, 7,838,857 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 10:28 AM

Thread For Christians- Lets End The Civil War - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Thread For Christians- Lets End The Civil War (511 Views)

Is It Wisdom For Christians To Lie In Some Situations? / Christians, Lets Say We Take Your Childish Stories Seriously.. / Christians Lets Discuss - The Law Of Seedtime And Harvest Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Thread For Christians- Lets End The Civil War by Nobody: 11:07pm On Apr 29, 2013
Over the years, a serious but never suspected strategy of the enemy began to take shape, almost unnoticeably. And it is christians lashing out other christians with railing accusation, insults etc. I would give my points and bow out. It would be my joy if even only one christian would take heed to what i say.
1. Jesus expressly tells us in John 15:9-13 that we should continue in his love. In john 13:35, Jesus says, "By this all will know that you are my disciples if you love one another." Clearly, Jesus expects us to work in love, thats what will set us apart from others.
2. A lot of we christians would go to any length to quote scriptures to discredit another believer. In Ephe 6, we were given the sword of the Spirit, not to attack and injure other believers with it. You may be right to want to correct erring ones but we should do so in love. Love covers a multitude of sin. Correction without love would not yield results.
3. Its ironical that the devil doesnt need to work hard to make brethren to back slide because some of we christians are fighting ourselves. Believe me, a blow from a believer in the kingdom is more deadly than from satan. Please, lets not be instruments in the hands of the enemy.
4. We cant defeat the forces of hell when we are not united. The gospel wont make maximum impact if we are not united. Religions of the world would mock us because of our disunity. And that means the gospel becomes static in impact.
5. You might be right that a minister is a heretic. But remember, we were asked to look to Jesus and not to any pastor. Heb 12:1. A pastor or Bishop is not above mistakes. If they are wrong, let Jesus take case of it. Besides it is His church and not our property.
6. Rather than pointing accusing fingers, why not strive to make heaven instead. Instead of judging believers, why not take out time to ensure that you are still rapturable.
7. The what if question. What if on the last day, the man you called a true minister was a fake. And the man you said was fake and occultic happened to be commended by the Lord Himself as a faithful servant. What if the man you said was selfish or covetous is told by the Lord, "well done. You did as i instructed you" ?

Re: Thread For Christians- Lets End The Civil War by Nobody: 11:08pm On Apr 29, 2013
My take. Lets be more tolerating. We are on our way to perfection, we are not yet there. Judge less and love more

(1) (Reply)

Catholics Thread: (One Faith, The Same Gospel Reading) / Scandalous Wedding: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Wife / Share Your Childhood Christmas Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.