Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,248 members, 7,829,455 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

Child Favorism & How It Destroys The Family. Are U Victim Too? Share Experience. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Child Favorism & How It Destroys The Family. Are U Victim Too? Share Experience. (536 Views)

Women, Stop Lying To Your Husbands And Playing Victim Afterwards! / Girl Destroys Feminism In Just 3 Minutes. / St Nicholas Hospital Lagos In Search Of Accident Victim’s Relative - Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Child Favorism & How It Destroys The Family. Are U Victim Too? Share Experience. by SirHackeem: 1:38am On Apr 30, 2013
Recently I stumbled upon a publication on child favourism, how it destroys the whole family and 6 tricks every parent must know. It was based on a research carried out on over 400 families by one Dr Jennifer Jenkins. If you are interested in reading more, you can simply check it out here http://www.allaboutnaija.com/how-favoring-one-child-over-another-can-destroy-the-whole-family-6-tricks-every-parent-must-know/

but meanwhile I want Nairalanders to also share their own suggestions and ideas on how to tackle and work on child favorism. Also if you have been a victim too, you can share your experience too. Starting with me;

'In a family of 8, 6 children, four boys, I was the 2nd son, had an elder brother and an elder sister so I was the 3rd out of six. Bad news is I was the worst child, my parents never saw anything good in what i did. i failed JAMB over 6 times and i can still remember my dad saying ' your younger sister is far way better than you in every aspect. They didn't buy the special gifts for me cos i never passed in class, no special attention, i don't watch TV either when others are watching cos that's when they tell me to go read my book. well after all the horrible years of being a victim of child favorism, the good part is that I'm a successful self employed young man and my younger ones that went to school are shareholders/employees under the limited liability company I started.

child favorism has its benefits but its negative and destructive impacts as stated here :http://www.allaboutnaija.com/how-favoring-one-child-over-another-can-destroy-the-whole-family-6-tricks-every-parent-must-know/ should never be ignored.

please share your experience too and suggestions on how you feel child favorism can be managed within the family. How destructive do you think it is or do you feel like in my own case it has more benefits attached to it?
thanks for sharing your views! waiting to read from you!

(1) (Reply)

Death Information / Free Book On How To Stay Healthy And Wealthy. / Autism;important For People Living In Onitsha And Its Environment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.