Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,578 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:10 PM

Relaxers, Early Puberty Linked To Uterine Fibriods - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Relaxers, Early Puberty Linked To Uterine Fibriods (10066 Views)

UTERINE FIBROIDS; Fact Sheet. / How To Eliminate FIBRIODS Without SURGERY Or DRUGS / What Is The Causes Of Fibriods And The Treatment As Well As Solutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Relaxers, Early Puberty Linked To Uterine Fibriods by dominique(f): 9:41am On Apr 30, 2013
A new study in the American Journal of Epidemiology definitely adds a point to the #TeamNatural tally with a published paper from researchers at Boston University linking hair relaxers to uterine fibroid tumors in women and early puberty in young girls.

Led by Lauren Wise of Boston University’s Slone Epidemiology Center, scientists followed more than 23,000 pre-menopausal Black American women from 1997 to 2009 and found that the two- to three-times higher rate of fibroids among black women may be linked to chemical exposure through scalp lesions and burns resulting from relaxers.

Women who got their first menstrual period before the age of 10 were also more likely to have uterine fibroids, and early menstruation may result from hair products black girls are using, according to a separate study published in the Annals of Epidemiology last summer. Three hundred African American, African Caribbean, Hispanic, and White women in New York City were studied. The women’s first menstrual period (menarche) varied anywhere from age 8 to age 19, but African Americans, who were more likely to use straightening and relaxers hair oils, also reached menarche earlier than other racial/ethnic groups.

While so far, there is only an association rather than a cause and effect relationship between relaxers, menarche, and fibroid tumors, as Tamika Fletcher, co-owner of Natural Resources salon in Houston, pointed out in a Fox report, the hair care industry isn’t regulated by the FDA so there’s no telling what black women are putting in their hair and how harmful those products may be.

These studies go way beyond the damaging effects chemical relaxers may have on one’s hair, women and girls may be damaging their reproductive systems with some of the hair products they use, making it even more critical to know exactly what you’re putting in your hair and in your body.

Could this be why fibriod is predominant amongst black women?

[url=madamenoire.com/139486/relaxers-linked-to-uterine-fibroid-tumors-and-early-puberty/]Source[/url]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Relaxers, Early Puberty Linked To Uterine Fibriods by kcsider: 12:18pm On Apr 30, 2013
na wahh!
Re: Relaxers, Early Puberty Linked To Uterine Fibriods by Nobody: 12:18pm On Apr 30, 2013
WELL DAYUMM. TRYNA BE CAUCASIAN SENDING THE SISTERS INTO EARLY GRAVE. DAYUMMMM
Re: Relaxers, Early Puberty Linked To Uterine Fibriods by Nobody: 12:22pm On Apr 30, 2013
oya, let the games begin.

Team Natural= 1
Team Relaxed= 0

3 Likes

Re: Relaxers, Early Puberty Linked To Uterine Fibriods by Pygru: 12:28pm On Apr 30, 2013
cry Nawa ohh undecided
Re: Relaxers, Early Puberty Linked To Uterine Fibriods by bright007(f): 12:28pm On Apr 30, 2013
Âm new here,pls how do I post a topic on the frontpage?help a newbie.
Re: Relaxers, Early Puberty Linked To Uterine Fibriods by Pygru: 12:28pm On Apr 30, 2013
cry Nawa ooh undecided
Re: Relaxers, Early Puberty Linked To Uterine Fibriods by Lilimax(f): 12:30pm On Apr 30, 2013
bright007: Âm new here,pls how do I post a topic on the frontpage?help a newbie.
See question Oya make una answer am
Re: Relaxers, Early Puberty Linked To Uterine Fibriods by Nobody: 12:31pm On Apr 30, 2013
Researches here and there!!!! Abegii joor.
How can common relaxer paves way for uterine fibroid or rather how can early menstrual period paves way for uterine fibroid,should we stop retouching hair and die of headache from virgin hair.
Its only God that knows the genesis of any ailments whatsoever,and he will continue to save and protect us all.

5 Likes

Re: Relaxers, Early Puberty Linked To Uterine Fibriods by FoxyUltimate(m): 12:31pm On Apr 30, 2013
bright007: Âm new here,pls how do I post a topic on the frontpage?help a newbie.

Gerrrooouuuuttttt!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to topic... Na big lie jor
Re: Relaxers, Early Puberty Linked To Uterine Fibriods by Nobody: 12:32pm On Apr 30, 2013
Puberty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Relaxers, Early Puberty Linked To Uterine Fibriods by Ejine(m): 12:32pm On Apr 30, 2013
I swear to God, black women just stay losing.

Majority call a black man dating a non-black lady a "self-hater" not knowing the REAL self-hater is the image staring at her in the mirror, clutching her TURA with her left hand, her newly-acquired Peruvian weave on her right hand, and her chemically roasted hair resting on her heavily burned head.
Re: Relaxers, Early Puberty Linked To Uterine Fibriods by Ejine(m): 12:37pm On Apr 30, 2013
ItsModella: oya, let the games begin.

Team Natural= 1
Team Relaxed= 0

Actually, it's Team Natural 2 - 0 Team Relaxed if you add the bleaching Team Relaxed has to go through to complete the transition to "Unfortunate European". And as studies have made us see, skin cancer dey wait for them.
Re: Relaxers, Early Puberty Linked To Uterine Fibriods by Image123(m): 12:38pm On Apr 30, 2013
what of pastor chris nko?
Re: Relaxers, Early Puberty Linked To Uterine Fibriods by chucky234(m): 12:40pm On Apr 30, 2013
smothly: Researches here and there!!!! Abegii joor.
How can common relaxer paves way for uterine fibroid or rather how can early menstrual period paves way for uterine fibroid,should we stop retouching hair and die of headache from virgin hair.
Its only God that knows the genesis of any ailments whatsoever,and he will continue to save and protect us all.
Did you read the article or you decided to comment based on the title?

1 Like

Re: Relaxers, Early Puberty Linked To Uterine Fibriods by Ejine(m): 12:40pm On Apr 30, 2013
Image123: what of pastor chris nko?

Hair relaxers dey cause American Accent in the cases of our pastors grin

2 Likes

Re: Relaxers, Early Puberty Linked To Uterine Fibriods by EXCELLENCEAbia: 12:43pm On Apr 30, 2013
more of technology, more problems. today is relaxer tomorro clipper then men will stop barbing their hair and look like samson
Re: Relaxers, Early Puberty Linked To Uterine Fibriods by slimyem: 12:49pm On Apr 30, 2013
Hair relaxers----------------------->Fibroid?
Rubbish!!!!undecided
Re: Relaxers, Early Puberty Linked To Uterine Fibriods by Pygru: 1:01pm On Apr 30, 2013
Image123: what of pastor chris nko?
grin grin grin
Re: Relaxers, Early Puberty Linked To Uterine Fibriods by honeric01(m): 1:03pm On Apr 30, 2013
Hmmm but em em, what's the correlation between the scalp and the womb?
Re: Relaxers, Early Puberty Linked To Uterine Fibriods by bory09(m): 1:04pm On Apr 30, 2013
What we will not hear in this world. And they say technology make life easier and reduce health related death and how can i believe lately i heard bra cause cancer now is relaxer causing fibroid when will this scientist not make us believe that television cause blindness or mobile phone cause cancer or they say social media is cause of dullness or unseriouness in our present generation. Or is this the 21st century style of competition among product promoter where one product is find faulty and another product introduce to cover the fault of the other. And lastly i will not be suprise to hear that android operating device cause temporary madness when there is no basis to criticise its efficiency. I think one should stick to its own idea and believe of one product, because if one continue to flow with this oyibo stuff na yaba person go land o.

1 Like

Re: Relaxers, Early Puberty Linked To Uterine Fibriods by Nobody: 1:05pm On Apr 30, 2013
another silly research by some id/iotic rednecks. please first do research on why white women have fibroid and spare us your bullshi/ts!
Re: Relaxers, Early Puberty Linked To Uterine Fibriods by CocoLoca(f): 1:26pm On Apr 30, 2013
Do it affect light-skinned girls? grin grin grin
Re: Relaxers, Early Puberty Linked To Uterine Fibriods by biodunid: 1:27pm On Apr 30, 2013
No body force you to stop o. How you wan survive virgin hair? How the guys and your grandma dey take survive virgin hair? Na people who dey pity una I go blame. Pls relax your hair, borrow or steal to buy human hair, wear six inch heels, bleach your skin and do every other thing to assure yourself of a miserable old age or early death. I dey right behind you with moral support. Keep waiting for God to save you from self affliction because na Him send you message.

1 Like

Re: Relaxers, Early Puberty Linked To Uterine Fibriods by Sike(m): 1:58pm On Apr 30, 2013
So U self gbadun Front page ba? Hahahaha... Anyways, let me refer U to our honourable mods. They all have the final say. *holds laugh*
Re: Relaxers, Early Puberty Linked To Uterine Fibriods by maclatunji: 2:06pm On Apr 30, 2013
Bad news for black women that insist on relaxers. I think there has been so much laziness in terms of managing their hair. Relying on harsh chemicals to maintain your hair cannot be a good thing. How did our greatgrandmothers maintain theirs?
Re: Relaxers, Early Puberty Linked To Uterine Fibriods by crisycent: 2:14pm On Apr 30, 2013
After reading this, my daughter is either going to cut her hair, or make it dread-locks.
Re: Relaxers, Early Puberty Linked To Uterine Fibriods by kandiikane(m): 2:16pm On Apr 30, 2013

How can you die from your God given hair? Wtf! Black people amaze me sometimes.

Did your ancestors die from their natural hair? Abegi, if you wan relax your hair, relax it, don't come tell us bullshyt!
Re: Relaxers, Early Puberty Linked To Uterine Fibriods by idriis: 2:25pm On Apr 30, 2013
maclatunji: Bad news for black women that insist on relaxers. I think there has been so much laziness in terms of managing their hair. Relying on harsh chemicals to maintain your hair cannot be a good thing. How did our greatgrandmothers maintain theirs?
Good question mod, our great-grand-mothers use horse shyte mixed with charcoal chronic juice. It works like manure on plants.

Free off charge!

(1) (2) (Reply)

COVID-19 Update For February 3 2021 In Nigeria / Pain And Itching At The Rim Of My Anus Help! / Photo: A Well Defined Diagram Of The Symptoms Of Ebola Disease

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.