Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,861 members, 7,817,543 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:05 PM

New Thermostat Of 60'c-70'c Rating In Nigeria. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / New Thermostat Of 60'c-70'c Rating In Nigeria. (2155 Views)

I Want To Fix A New Thermostat In My 2002 Toyota Camry. / My Experience With Thermostat Removal / Is It Good To Remove Thermostat To Stop Overheating? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Thermostat Of 60'c-70'c Rating In Nigeria. by 0key: 10:52am On Apr 30, 2013
Pls can someone refer me to a place where I can buy a thermostat of rating 60'c- 70'c in lagos or any part of Nigeria? It is very scarce in Abeokuta. Does it mean the demand for thermostat is very low?
Re: New Thermostat Of 60'c-70'c Rating In Nigeria. by Nobody: 10:57am On Apr 30, 2013
0key: Pls can someone refer me to a place where I can buy a thermostat of rating 60'c- 70'c in lagos or any part of Nigeria? It is very scarce in Abeokuta. Does it mean the demand for thermostat is very low?

And we're supposed to guess what car you're referring to? Make? Model? Year? Engine size?
Re: New Thermostat Of 60'c-70'c Rating In Nigeria. by 0key: 11:35am On Apr 30, 2013
i am using camry 2002 4cyl engine. I want to change d themostat(rating 90'c) it came with from canada to a colder thermostat of rating stated above because of the hot weather.
Re: New Thermostat Of 60'c-70'c Rating In Nigeria. by Nobody: 1:22pm On Apr 30, 2013
somebody is playing with fire
Re: New Thermostat Of 60'c-70'c Rating In Nigeria. by yeddy99: 4:24am On May 02, 2013
adeniyisavage: somebody is playing with fire
he might not know what you know.why not simply educate him?
Re: New Thermostat Of 60'c-70'c Rating In Nigeria. by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:09am On May 02, 2013
0key: i am using camry 2002 4cyl engine. I want to change d themostat(rating 90'c) it came with from canada to a colder thermostat of rating stated above because of the hot weather.

whats the reason you want to change it ?

90'c is the world average opening for a car thermo whether in alaska, dubai, brazil etc , thats just above the engine operating temperature

60 or 70 your car will be raining on cold and it will burn more fuel and also you might not find 60 or 70 you are looking for
Re: New Thermostat Of 60'c-70'c Rating In Nigeria. by 0key: 11:33am On May 02, 2013
ZIM DRILL:

whats the reason you want to change it ?

90'c is the world average opening for a car thermo whether in alaska, dubai, brazil etc , thats just above the engine operating temperature

60 or 70 your car will be raining on cold and it will burn more fuel and also you might not find 60 or 70 you are looking for

Thanks bro for your kind response. My car occasionally detonates on mild acceleration especially during hot weather at operating temperature of 90'c. I feel if I use thermostat of 60'c-75'c, it will eliminate it. I've done scan and no fault detected. Someone told me to check the EGR valve but i have no idea of it.
Any alternative solution will be appreciated
Re: New Thermostat Of 60'c-70'c Rating In Nigeria. by 0key: 11:38am On May 02, 2013
the idea of wanting to change d thermostat is to make air-fuel mixture run rich which is resistant to detonation. Another option is to install cold air intake which is not available in Nigeria.
Re: New Thermostat Of 60'c-70'c Rating In Nigeria. by ZIMDRILL(m): 8:09pm On May 02, 2013
0key:

Thanks bro for your kind response. My car occasionally detonates on mild acceleration especially during hot weather at operating temperature of 90'c. I feel if I use thermostat of 60'c-75'c, it will eliminate it. I've done scan and no fault detected. Someone told me to check the EGR valve but i have no idea of it.
Any alternative solution will be appreciated

dont touch the thermo

go for service i.e sparks plugs, petrol filter

(1) (Reply)

old post / Leaking ATF For Power Steering, Pls Help / My Nissan Primera Does Not Accelerate Beyound 40 Km Per Hour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.