Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

My Rent Is Expired And Am Yet To Get A Good Apartment Having Informed My Landlor - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Rent Is Expired And Am Yet To Get A Good Apartment Having Informed My Landlor (916 Views)

I Can't Pay My Rent: I Need Urgent Help: My Situation Is Suicidal: / Pls,i Need A Good Apartment / Self-contained Mini Flat For Rent @ Lekki Phase 1, Rent Is 500k, 1 Year Rent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Rent Is Expired And Am Yet To Get A Good Apartment Having Informed My Landlor by yinkaoke(f): 4:41pm On May 01, 2013
YOUR ADVICE WILL BE APPRECIATED
I informed my landlord a month be the expiration of my rent that I am moving out of his house, now the rent is expired and am yet to get a good apartment, my Land lord said she’s only given me a week, but am so sure that even if I get a house within a week, can I renovate it within a week, pls I want to know my right as an outgoing tenant, how many weeks or month am I entitle to as an outgoing tenant, pls lawyer in the house help me.
Re: My Rent Is Expired And Am Yet To Get A Good Apartment Having Informed My Landlor by nikkyshyne(f): 5:38pm On May 01, 2013
In the real sense you are not entitled to any free weeks or months. Only if you have a good relationship with your landlord.

You told him you won't be renewing your tenancy at expiration which only implies there would be a close of contract at expiration. However, you are still in possession which means a breach of your contract(though orally).

You would be expected to pay a 'mesne rent' to the landlord which means an amount payable during the period you owe him over. The rent shall be pro-rated per month.

Lol. Pasted this response thrice. Phew.

1 Like

Re: My Rent Is Expired And Am Yet To Get A Good Apartment Having Informed My Landlor by oshobar(m): 9:54pm On May 01, 2013
yinkaoke: YOUR ADVICE WILL BE APPRECIATED
I informed my landlord a month be the expiration of my rent that I am moving out of his house, now the rent is expired and am yet to get a good apartment, my Land lord said she’s only given me a week, but am so sure that even if I get a house within a week, can I renovate it within a week, pls I want to know my right as an outgoing tenant, how many weeks or month am I entitle to as an outgoing tenant, pls lawyer in the house help me.

Eeya, pele Yinka, Nike is just been mean. I feel your pain. Let Babs Realty step in for you. We'll trash the challenge with ease for you.

Best Regards,
Segun Babs

Feel free to glance through our threads on Nairaland.
Re: My Rent Is Expired And Am Yet To Get A Good Apartment Having Informed My Landlor by nikkyshyne(f): 11:47pm On May 01, 2013
^^I am being mean ke? That is the hard truth. It all depends on how compassionate the landlord is. The landlord didn't give him a quit notice. Yinkaoke gave himself the quit notice.

Hope you help.
Re: My Rent Is Expired And Am Yet To Get A Good Apartment Having Informed My Landlor by aktolly54(m): 9:46am On Dec 16, 2014
I need apartment(self contain) in ago-iwoye, i dont mind if i see it at oru village. Someone told me they normally have light there because am looking for apartment where PHCN like. My name is tobby, you can text me on 08143037592, i will call you back. I will compensate anybody that give me useful info.

(1) (Reply)

Do You Need - R/sc, M/flat, 3bed, 2bed, Shops, Office Space Etc ? Click HERE !! / Beware Of A Tiler Called Tunde Is Unprofessional / To let! Excutive 3 Bedroom Flat @ Agungi Lekki Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.