Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,164 members, 7,835,900 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

3 More Detained In Boston Attack - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 3 More Detained In Boston Attack (455 Views)

Big Brother Africa: 3 More ‘hotshots’ Housemates Unleashed / Foolish Sexkill,wait For 3 More Accounts From Me. / Explosion In Boston Marathon: Two confirmed Dead (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

3 More Detained In Boston Attack by escottkr8t(m): 10:05pm On May 01, 2013
(CNN) - (CNN) -- Three friends of Boston Marathon bomb suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev have been jailed on charges they tried to throw investigators off Tsarnaev's trail, federal prosecutors announced Wednesday.

Two of them, Azamat Tazhayakov and Dias Kadyrbayev, were already in federal custody on immigration charges, their lawyers told CNN. Both are from Kazakhstan and had student visas.

The third, Robel Phillipos, is a U.S. citizen. Tazhayakov and Kadyrbayev are charged with obstruction of justice, while Phillipos is charged with lying to federal agents probing the bombing, according to court papers.

They made their first appearance before a federal magistrate Wednesday afternoon, when they were read the charges against them and informed of their rights.

Latest on the investigation

All three are accused of removing items from Tsarnaev's dorm room after the April 15 bombings, which killed three people and wounded more than 260.

(1) (Reply)

Pls How Can I Delete An Old Post..tnx / 2013 Forbes’ Top Billionaires / My Suggestion How To Improve Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.