Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

Rapper Chris Kelly Of Kriss-Kross Is Dead! - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rapper Chris Kelly Of Kriss-Kross Is Dead! (18246 Views)

Dan Maraya Jos Is Dead / Check Out Kriss Rose With Ooh Yaa (tribute To The Eagles) / Da Grin Is Dead! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rapper Chris Kelly Of Kriss-Kross Is Dead! by naptu2: 5:01am On May 02, 2013
[size=14pt]Rapper Chris Kelly of the 90s duo Kriss Kross has died at age 34[/size]

Published May 01, 2013

Associated Press

ATLANTA –  Chris Kelly, half of the 1990s kid rap duo Kris Kross who made one of the decade's most memorable songs with the frenetic "Jump," has died, according to authorities. He was 34.

Investigator Betty Honey of the Fulton County Medical Examiner's office said the 34-year-old Kelly was pronounced dead around 5 p.m. Wednesday at the south campus of the Atlanta Medical Center.

Honey said authorities are unsure of Kelly's cause of death and that an autopsy has yet to be performed.

Kelly, known as "Mac Daddy," and Chris Smith, known as "Daddy Mac," were introduced to the music world in 1992 by music producer and rapper Jermaine Dupri after he discovered the pair in an Atlanta mall. The duo wore their clothes backwards as a gimmick, but they won over fans with their raps.

Their first, and by far most successful song, was "Jump." The hit, off their multiplatinum 1992 debut album "Totally Krossed Out," featured the two trading versus and rapping the refrain, the song's title.  The duo had surprising maturity in their rap delivery, though the song was written by Dupri. It would become a No. 1 smash in the United States and globally, and one of the most popular of that year.

Their success led to instant fame: They toured with Michael Jackson, appeared on TV shows, and even had their own video game.

The group was never able to match the tremendous success of their first song, though they had other hits like "Warm It Up," and "Tonite's tha Night."

Earlier this year, the group performed together to celebrate the anniversary of Durpri's label, So So Def.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/05/01/rapper-chris-kelly-0s-duo-kriss-kross-has-died-at-age-34/
Re: Rapper Chris Kelly Of Kriss-Kross Is Dead! by supaeagles(m): 5:57am On May 02, 2013
RIP.......... their single back then was d0pe.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=010KyIQjkTk

3 Likes

Re: Rapper Chris Kelly Of Kriss-Kross Is Dead! by naptu2: 6:11am On May 02, 2013
Jump, Warm It Up Chris, Alright (Hold Tight), Tonight's The Night.
Re: Rapper Chris Kelly Of Kriss-Kross Is Dead! by Saraben(f): 7:07am On May 02, 2013
eyah?
Re: Rapper Chris Kelly Of Kriss-Kross Is Dead! by oluwasola01(m): 9:34am On May 02, 2013
OMG!!!!
Re: Rapper Chris Kelly Of Kriss-Kross Is Dead! by Nobody: 9:34am On May 02, 2013
RIP
But life goes on
Na today?
Re: Rapper Chris Kelly Of Kriss-Kross Is Dead! by braine(m): 9:36am On May 02, 2013
RIP embarassed
Re: Rapper Chris Kelly Of Kriss-Kross Is Dead! by JideTheBlogger(m): 9:36am On May 02, 2013
RIP Chris
Re: Rapper Chris Kelly Of Kriss-Kross Is Dead! by aminho(m): 9:36am On May 02, 2013
No wahala many people are also dying n 9ja
Re: Rapper Chris Kelly Of Kriss-Kross Is Dead! by kramer: 9:36am On May 02, 2013
RIP

Re: Rapper Chris Kelly Of Kriss-Kross Is Dead! by ichommy(m): 9:37am On May 02, 2013
Eya, So sad
Re: Rapper Chris Kelly Of Kriss-Kross Is Dead! by fittty(m): 9:38am On May 02, 2013
Jump, jump
The Mac Dad will make ya jump, jump
A Daddy Mac will make ya jump, jump
Kris Kross will make ya jump, jump

2 Likes

Re: Rapper Chris Kelly Of Kriss-Kross Is Dead! by Sweetapple007(f): 9:39am On May 02, 2013
He died too early?

1 Like

Re: Rapper Chris Kelly Of Kriss-Kross Is Dead! by jonot: 9:39am On May 02, 2013
sad news. i pray God comforts his family & loved ones

1 Like

Re: Rapper Chris Kelly Of Kriss-Kross Is Dead! by Nobody: 9:40am On May 02, 2013
GREW UP ON THEM. POPPED A MOLLY NOW HE SWEATIN. HE SWEATIN IN A BETTER PLACE NOW. HE WITH THE LORD
Re: Rapper Chris Kelly Of Kriss-Kross Is Dead! by Lilimax(f): 9:42am On May 02, 2013
RIP to the dead.
Youths stay away from drugs.
Don't do drugs.
It does more harm than good.

1 Like

Re: Rapper Chris Kelly Of Kriss-Kross Is Dead! by lifestyle1(m): 9:42am On May 02, 2013
R.I.P
Re: Rapper Chris Kelly Of Kriss-Kross Is Dead! by valencia25(m): 9:43am On May 02, 2013
RIP
Re: Rapper Chris Kelly Of Kriss-Kross Is Dead! by yuzedo: 9:46am On May 02, 2013
RIP bro. u where like a farther to me. nollywodd will miss your grate acting. cry angry
Re: Rapper Chris Kelly Of Kriss-Kross Is Dead! by Nobody: 9:47am On May 02, 2013
yuzedo: RIP bro. u where like a farther to me. nollywodd will miss your grate acting. cry angry
YUZEDO POPPED A MOLLY NOW HIS BRAIN IS SWEATIN
Re: Rapper Chris Kelly Of Kriss-Kross Is Dead! by moneyhungry(m): 9:49am On May 02, 2013
when u get to the land of the dead, pls extend my greetings to hip-hop n tell her i miss her.
tell her that d rap game is changed .... its now flooded with a bunch of skinny jeans rappers with corny rhymes.
tell NOTORIOUS B.I.G dat Brooklyn is missing him...
tell tupac....................... dat we still cudnt find anyone to match his realness.

10 Likes

Re: Rapper Chris Kelly Of Kriss-Kross Is Dead! by edgideon(m): 9:50am On May 02, 2013
rappers minus 1 sowi u hear n r.i.p
Re: Rapper Chris Kelly Of Kriss-Kross Is Dead! by legendarysegzi(m): 9:52am On May 02, 2013
mods una dey craze .i posted this news b4 the op and i didnt make it to the fp.this is nepotism.... all d same R.I.P hommie
Re: Rapper Chris Kelly Of Kriss-Kross Is Dead! by Nobody: 9:53am On May 02, 2013
RIP death is a debt we all must pay
Re: Rapper Chris Kelly Of Kriss-Kross Is Dead! by Nobody: 9:56am On May 02, 2013
R.I.P bro.. You are definitely in a better place..

I grew up on them and the 90s was the golden era of hip-hop... Thank God I grew up in the 90s.. From wearing my jeans to the back like Kris Kross, to lumberjack, screaming thuglife every like 2pac, folding one leg of my jeans to my kneels on timbs like Nas, and wearing dickies.. That era definitely influenced a generation consciously and subconsciously...

Im jumping for you right about now and celebrating you, bruddah..

Adieu.

6 Likes

Re: Rapper Chris Kelly Of Kriss-Kross Is Dead! by PromixTuhh(m): 10:02am On May 02, 2013
Lilimax: RIP to the dead.
Youths stay away from drugs.
Don't do drugs.
It does more harm than good.
WTF did u read that his death came as a result of drugs? undecided

5 Likes

Re: Rapper Chris Kelly Of Kriss-Kross Is Dead! by dederocs(m): 10:05am On May 02, 2013
youngestfool: RIP
But life goes on
Na today?
WTF
Re: Rapper Chris Kelly Of Kriss-Kross Is Dead! by Nobody: 10:06am On May 02, 2013
Rest in peace, Mack Daddy,you were wigeddy wigeddy wiggedy wack .See u on the other side

1 Like

Re: Rapper Chris Kelly Of Kriss-Kross Is Dead! by legendarysegzi(m): 10:08am On May 02, 2013
Promix Tuhh:
WTF did u read that his death came as a result of drugs? undecided
u can get dat 4rm yahoo news and stop actin like som brand new p****y
Re: Rapper Chris Kelly Of Kriss-Kross Is Dead! by soulfood(m): 10:16am On May 02, 2013
And everything is to the back with a little slack
Cause inside-out is wiggity, wiggity, wiggity wack

2 Likes

Re: Rapper Chris Kelly Of Kriss-Kross Is Dead! by Nobody: 10:19am On May 02, 2013
soulfood: And everything is to the back with a little slack
Cause inside-out is wiggity, wiggity, wiggity wack
Yup, school of 93

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The 80s and 90s Music / "Link Up" - Phyno Featuring Burna Boy & M.I (Audio, Video) / Seven Most Anticipated Albums Of 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.