Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,857 members, 7,817,541 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests (6318 Views)

Roman Catholic Church The Babylon In Bible Prophecy. +the Pope Is The Beast / The Next Pope Is The Anti-christ / The Pope Is The Antichrist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by Uche2nna(m): 12:47am On Apr 16, 2008
Uche2nna:

And while we at this , may I ask which of the churches do u attend?

Did u miss this?  undecided
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by 4Him1(m): 12:49am On Apr 16, 2008
Uche2nna:

And now You can tell the future, abi?

Where r u heading to? undecided

I cant tell the future . . . perhaps you forgot that the bible is clear that by their fruits we shall know them.

Uche2nna:

Did u miss this? undecided

it is of no importance.
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by Uche2nna(m): 12:53am On Apr 16, 2008
4 Him:

it is of no importance.

Why am I not suprised with that answer?

Whenever U use the word self-righteous it makes me giggle cos I doubt if u know the meaning of those words. U have to remove the log IN UR OWN EYES before u can actually see the speck in ANOTHER's.

4 Him:

perhaps you forgot that the bible is clear that by their fruits we shall know them.

U damn right!!!! Going by the fruits we have all exhibited here, I dont think any of us has earned the right to cast stones grin
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by 4Him1(m): 12:55am On Apr 16, 2008
Uche2nna:

Why am I not suprised with that answer?

Whenever You use the word self-righteous it makes me giggle because I doubt if u know the meaning of those words. You have to remove the log IN UR OWN EYES before u can actually see the speck in ANOTHER's.

We are not all without spot or wrinkle but the catholic church is much more than a speck in the eye. . . it is the abomination spoken of in Rev 17. Come out of her my people.

Uche2nna:

You damn right!!!! Going by the fruits we have all exhibited here, I don't think any of us has earned the right to cast stones grin

True. That is where grace comes in.
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by Uche2nna(m): 12:58am On Apr 16, 2008
4 Him:

We are not all without spot or wrinkle but the catholic church is much more than a speck in the eye. . . it is the abomination spoken of in Rev 17. C

From a soothsayer to a judge. Ur talents are increasing by the minute. "All animals are equal but some are more equal than others" , abi undecided

4 Him:

.Come out of her my people.

And go where?

4 Him:

True. That is where grace comes in.

Grace to do what? undecided To cast stones?
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by 4Him1(m): 1:01am On Apr 16, 2008
Uche2nna:

From a soothsayer to a judge. your talents are increasing by the minute. "All animals are equal but some are more equal than others" , abi undecided

Read the bible, its all there in black and white to he that is willing to learn at the feet of Christ.

Uche2nna:

And go where?

Read the bible, where to go is plainly stated.

Uche2nna:

Grace to do what? undecided To cast stones?

No, but grace is only for those who even recognise that they are in error and need it.
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by Uche2nna(m): 1:05am On Apr 16, 2008
4 Him:

Read the bible, its all there in black and white to he that is willing to learn at the feet of Christ.

Read the bible, where to go is plainly stated.

No, but grace is only for those who even recognise that they are in error and need it.

U seem to be very direct in ur other posts but I sense some form of hesistancy in this one.

It is very obvious that our understanding of the bible is very different and U have the notion that U have the right interpretation (as always). Lets say that is true. Based on that I ask again, And go where?
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by Uche2nna(m): 1:06am On Apr 16, 2008
4 Him:

The same bible that told You to judge others, abi?

Even the thieves that were crucified with Jesus were not handed any sentence (Hell or Heaven) until the last moment. Now U being U, already passes judgement that the Pope is going to hell. Good Job!!! What soothsayer college did U graduate from?
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by 4Him1(m): 1:10am On Apr 16, 2008
Uche2nna:

You seem to be very direct in your other posts but I sense some form of hesistancy in this one.

You sense incorrectly. I could not have been more direct, i dont have the answers but you can find them in the bible if you only pick it up.

Uche2nna:

It is very obvious that our understanding of the bible is very different and You have the notion that You have the right interpretation (as always). Lets say that is true. Based on that I ask again, And go where?

Go where? - John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by Uche2nna(m): 1:15am On Apr 16, 2008
4 Him:

You sense incorrectly. I could not have been more direct, i don't have the answers but you can find them in the bible if you only pick it up.

Go where? - John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

I was waiting for u to point that out.

Just to make sure I am getting You right, Is this an indictment of any form of organised religion, be it Catholicism, Protestantism, Evangelicism or what not

4 Him:

it is of no importance.

Do U go to any at all or do U stay at home and develop ur own personal relatioship with Jesus Christ.
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by 4Him1(m): 1:17am On Apr 16, 2008
Uche2nna:

The same bible that told You to judge others, abi?

did you forget this part of your bible? - 1 John 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

Uche2nna:

Even the thieves that were crucified with Jesus were not handed any sentence (Hell or Heaven) until the last moment. Now You being You, already passes judgement that the Pope is going to hell. Good Job!!! What soothsayer college did You graduate from?

Totally false again - the bible is clear, the soul that sinneth (including those yet unborn) shall die. The other thief was forgiven at the last moment because of his remorse. Christ said - he that believeth not is CONDEMNED ALREADY not at the last minute mr.
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by 4Him1(m): 1:19am On Apr 16, 2008
Uche2nna:

I was waiting for u to point that out.

Just to make sure I am getting You right, Is this an indictment of any form of organised religion, be it Catholicism, Protestantism, Evangelicism or what not

Do You go to any at all or do You stay at home and develop your own personal relatioship with Jesus Christ.

The bible says - forsake not the assembling of the saints. To start with, who are these "saints"? How do we identify them? How do we pick the wheat from the chaff like the berean christians?

Simply by looking at their fruits.
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by Uche2nna(m): 1:23am On Apr 16, 2008
4 Him:

did you forget this part of your bible? - 1 John 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

Totally false again - the bible is clear, the soul that sinneth (including those yet unborn) shall die. The other thief was forgiven at the last moment because of his remorse. Christ said - he that believeth not is CONDEMNED ALREADY not at the last minute mr.

If he had been sentenced , why was he forgiven.

U dont know where U are going until u draw ur last breath.  U can be a righteous man until a minute before ur death. The state U were in that last minute determines where U are going to and vice versa. Kind of cruel in the ways of man but that is the ways of God. So U cant , especially being a mortal , come out and say unequivocally that a particular man is going to hell. That is playing God. Oh, I forgot , thats what U have been doing.
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by Uche2nna(m): 1:24am On Apr 16, 2008
4 Him:

The bible says - forsake not the assembling of the saints. To start with, who are these "saints"? How do we identify them? How do we pick the wheat from the chaff like the berean christians?

Simply by looking at their fruits.

This makes me more curious to know the assembly U attend cheesy
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by Uche2nna(m): 1:25am On Apr 16, 2008
This yeye guy don make me miss free dinner angry
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by 4Him1(m): 1:28am On Apr 16, 2008
Uche2nna:

If he had been sentenced , why was he forgiven.

start by understanding the concept of forgiveness . . . the bible says WHILE WE WERE YET SINNERS Christ died for the ungodly. If we were already condemned to death under the law then why did He shed His blood on the cross again for our iniquities?

Uche2nna:

You don't know where You are going until u draw your last breath.

False . . . God gives you a firm conviction in your heart that as long as you are saved and walking in the righteousness of Christ you are guaranteed eternity with Christ.

Uche2nna:

You can be a righteous man until a minute before your death. The state You were in that last minute determines where You are going to and vice versa. Kind of cruel in the ways of man but that is the ways of God.

I refuse to believe that lie of the devil. Nowhere in the bible is such a theology espoused.

Uche2nna:

So You can't , especially being a mortal , come out and say unequivocally that a particular man is going to hell. That is playing God. Oh, I forgot , thats what You have been doing.

No, that is simply playing by the rules of the bible. A man who comes out and blasphemously labels himself the vice regent of Christ on earth isnt going to heaven.
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by 4Him1(m): 1:30am On Apr 16, 2008
Uche2nna:

This yeye guy don make me miss free dinner angry

pele. at least you are going to eat free spiritual dinner. wink

Uche2nna:

This makes me more curious to know the assembly You attend cheesy

It wont help us here. smiley
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by Uche2nna(m): 1:34am On Apr 16, 2008
4 Him:

It wont help us here. smiley

It would. Especially for us that are lost .

The day U would give me a better alternative (dont tell me to sit at home and develop a personal relationship) and a church that U think can be held up to the pedestals of christ (ur words , not mine) , thats the day I would leave the Catholic Church.
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by 4Him1(m): 1:43am On Apr 16, 2008
Uche2nna:

It would. Especially for us that are lost .

The day You would give me a better alternative (don't tell me to sit at home and develop a personal relationship) and a church that You think can be held up to the pedestals of christ (your words , not mine) , thats the day I would leave the Catholic Church.

The church isnt what you need. Reading the bible and understanding it for yourself is what you desperately need.
Better yet, get an ipod copy of the bible and listen to it during the day. It can be fun.
Relying entirely on the church to teach u about Christ wont help you so much. You have a part to play.
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by Uche2nna(m): 1:56am On Apr 16, 2008
I believe in a lot of things. One of them is that no man is an Island.
I also believe in the gifts of the Holy spirit. And that no single man can get them all.

That is why I would always want to be in the gathering of the saints (again your words) since I know that I can't understand everything all by myself. I read the bible but I also go to the Church to get more interpretation and meaning in what I read. Listening to it like a 50 cents or Mariah Carey album would not do u much good.

I know the bible is the most complicated book ever written. It was not written by man but by GOD. And so I read and try to meditate and some times seek the help of those with varying  gifts of the holy spirit to help me digest the more HIS word. That is why I believe in going to the Church to worship (You can call it organisational religion) and that is why I think if You asking for an exit from the Catholic Church, You should be able to come up with a kind of veritable alternative to fulfil that role.

You see why it would help us if we knew where u go to? Or are You ashamed?
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by Nobody: 3:34am On Apr 16, 2008
can't you guys see that the footsoldier of all'ah/belial  who started this thread has fulfilled his master's mission.
The Bible says anyone who calls on the name of the Lord Jesus shall be saved.
The Lord knows those who are his.

Uche2nna and 4Him,go ye and sin no more
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by Xvalier: 3:52am On Apr 16, 2008
Hey guys,

The poster has not said anything out of line, he is just stating the facts as he read them, as they are. He has not said anything to warrant the jabs on him.
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by Uche2nna(m): 4:51am On Apr 16, 2008
nwando:

can't you guys see that the footsoldier of all'ah/belial who started this thread has fulfilled his master's mission.
The Bible says anyone who calls on the name of the Lord Jesus shall be saved.
The Lord knows those who are his.

Uche2nna and 4Him,go ye and sin no more

Hahahahahaahahahahah
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by Nobody: 10:50am On Apr 16, 2008
This is a classic example of mis-interpretation and mis-application of scripture by Martin Luther, the founder of protestantism.

In 1543, he wrote a book titled "On the Jews and their lies"
(See -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On_the_Jews_and_Their_Lies) .

He recommended the following, after his rigorous study of the bible :

Martin_Luther:
1 "First to set fire to their synagogues or schools and to bury and cover with dirt whatever will not burn, so that no man will ever again see a stone or cinder of them. , "

2 "Second, I advise that their houses also be razed and destroyed. , "

3 "Third, I advise that all their prayer books and Talmudic writings, in which such idolatry, lies, cursing and blasphemy are taught, be taken from them. , "

4 "Fourth, I advise that their rabbis be forbidden to teach henceforth on pain of loss of life and limb. , "

5 "Fifth, I advise that safe-conduct on the highways be abolished completely for the Jews. , "

6 "Sixth, I advise that usury be prohibited to them, and that all cash and treasure of silver and gold be taken from them. , Such money should now be used in , the following [way], Whenever a Jew is sincerely converted, he should be handed [a certain amount], "

7 "Seventh, I commend putting a flail, an ax, a hoe, a spade, a distaff, or a spindle into the hands of young, strong Jews and Jewesses and letting them earn their bread in the sweat of their brow, For it is not fitting that they should let us accursed Goyim toil in the sweat of our faces while they, the holy people, idle away their time behind the stove, feasting and farting, and on top of all, boasting blasphemously of their lordship over the Christians by means of our sweat. No, one should toss out these lazy rogues by the seat of their pants."

8 "If we wish to wash our hands of the Jews' blasphemy and not share in their guilt, we have to part company with them. They must be driven from our country" and "we must drive them out like mad dogs."

This book of his heavily influenced the Nazis in their murder of 6 million European Jews.
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by nossycheek(f): 3:11pm On Apr 16, 2008
It is rather funny how people react to issues because of deep rooted hatred. As far as I am concerned the thread is an exaltation to the Pope. Instead of praising him for at least being ashamed of the ills of the priests people like cgift decided to unleash their long held hatred when it is not even warranted.

To start with, that the Pope felt ashamed that such a thing was being perpetrated in the church shows that Christianity or Catholicism (before you crucify me) does not support that but the author/poster forgot that the founder of his religion aka the Great religion is a reknown paedophile and such remain the practice in their so called religion where canal defilement of kids are welcome rather than frowned at. And that does not stop them from recycling women (marrying, divorcing and remarrying raised to power infinity)

4Him, Uche2nnq, cgift et al I see no issues where you are all pushing your head off.

MC Usman - You would have been happier if your paedophile and womaniser had a better morale background than he displayed to the whole world. i weep when I read of his sexual escapades cry
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by AKO1(m): 3:15pm On Apr 16, 2008
@Topic

The Pope is deeply ashamed, big deal!? Any true christian should be deeply ashamed. Why is the Pope seen as the 'spiritual leader' of christianity?
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by Nobody: 3:40pm On Apr 16, 2008
A_K_O:
Why is the Pope seen as the 'spiritual leader' of christianity?

Why don't you find out and inform us. You are connected to the Internet, not so?
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by AKO1(m): 4:07pm On Apr 16, 2008
imhotep:

Why don't you find out and inform us. You are connected to the Internet, not so?

Why dont you say this to everyone who asks a question from the ones who may know better on Nairaland!
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by MCUsman(m): 4:25pm On Apr 16, 2008
nossycheek:

4Him, Uche2nnq, cgift et al I see no issues where you are all pushing your head off.

You are right.

nossycheek:

MC Usman - You would have been happier if your paedophile and womaniser had a better morale background than he displayed to the whole world. i

Why is there a retard posting here?

weep when I read of his sexual escapades

Where ? on nossychecktube.com
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by Needlelady(f): 4:26pm On Apr 16, 2008
RELIGION? tufiaka! even christians are fighting against fellow christians. Shame on you all. It seems they've forgotten that Christ said that love is the commandment above every commandments. Y'all need to repent and believe the gospel.
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by Nobody: 4:34pm On Apr 16, 2008
A_K_O:
Why don't you say this to everyone who asks a question from the ones who may know better on Nairaland!

Do you ask out of a genuine desire to know? Or is it due to self-doubt and insecurity?
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by cgift(m): 8:28pm On Apr 16, 2008
nossycheek:

It is rather funny how people react to issues because of deep rooted hatred. As far as I am concerned the thread is an exaltation to the Pope. Instead of praising him for at least being ashamed of the ills of the priests people like cgift decided to unleash their long held hatred when it is not even warranted.

Hey madam, do not take things out of context. Since when did spotting out erring variances become hatred? Of course, they (the pharisees/saducees/doctrinals, etc) hated Jesus for daring to tell them the raw truth. Am I surprised? Not in the least. Brand me anthing you like, it wont stop me from correcting some misgivings and misconceptions people like you harbor in their minds. If anyone thinks that the pope is a christian (or Christ-like), he is mistaken and misinformed. The truth is bitter hence, it will always elicit bile from people with whom it does not go down well with. Yea! thats why it is a forum, state it as they are. What if i even tell you that the pope's seemingly pitiful countenance or stance is only deceitful and not heart-felt? If you know the pope, his office and what he stands for, you will not fall flat for such cheap image-making gesture by the RCC and its leadership. Their middle name is deceit unless they just changed it about an hour ago. You need to seat down with reverend fathers who ran away (not exterminated) from the RCC and hear their claims.

nossycheek:

To start with, that the Pope felt ashamed that such a thing was being perpetrated in the church shows that Christianity or Catholicism (before you crucify me) does not support that but the author/poster forgot that the founder of his religion aka the Great religion is a reknown paedophile and such remain the practice in their so called religion where canal defilement of kids are welcome rather than frowned at. And that does not stop them from recycling women (marrying, divorcing and remarrying raised to power infinity)

That of MO and his companions is a done deal. We all know that MO would probably have gone for a two year old if he had lived longer!

nossycheek:

MC Usman - You would have been happier if your paedophile and womaniser had a better morale background than he displayed to the whole world. i weep when I read of his sexual escapades cry

Dont forget that MO had the strength of three men according to one of his wives in the hadith ~ in other words, he was okurin meta grin

Get it straithened out. Christ and the new testament teachings admonishes us to expose falsehood. I stand for that my dear.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8)

Remember God In Your Youthful Age / The Absurdity Of The Bible And Biblical Beliefs / 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.