Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,819 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

Should Parents Tell Their Kids How Much They Earn?? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should Parents Tell Their Kids How Much They Earn?? (10082 Views)

15 Lies All Nigerian Parents Tell Their Children / Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics) / When Should Parents Let Teenagers Make Their Own Decisions? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Parents Tell Their Kids How Much They Earn?? by biolabee(m): 8:40pm On May 02, 2013
Diasporan: [b]OP its not in anyway sane to tell your children what you earn.of what benefit is it to them?I remember years back when i was in my 3rd year in the University i summoned the courage to ask my mum how much she earn.This became necessary on my path because my mum was becoming a spend thrift on classy clothings and jewelries so i could'nt hold back the urge to ask her.The very day she told me i increased my demand from her infact she regretted telling megrin cause i never thought that she was earning such a huge amount monthly.Again i remember visiting my cousin in Nigeria when i was having a convo with his kids right in the presence of their dad one of them about 16 years old chap just spilled the bean on how much he earn.He was so mad cause he was telling me he had no money then.The following conversation ensued

COUSIN- I don't really have much cash with me infact we have not been paid

SON-Daddy how come you have finished spending the 1.3 million you were paid last week?Is that not what you told us you earn monthly?Na wa for daddy...o

COUSIN-shut up your mouth.You better know when to talk or not if not i will chop off your mouth
[/b]

Interesting
Re: Should Parents Tell Their Kids How Much They Earn?? by Nobody: 10:53pm On May 02, 2013
nwando:

That is the biggest mistake any parent can make
Doing buddy buddy with the kids
Some will even sit together and smoke Igbo shocked shocked or send their buddy to to buy the Igbo sef all in the name of modern parenting
Some sef your child will carry woman and enter room shocked shocked shocked
Chopping under my roof korokoro
I don't even want to know that your wee wee has grown beyond the size it was when I was baffing you inside the baffroom
And you sure will not be bringing any omoge and entering no rooms in my house beyond the sitting room
Are you mad?

Imagine! That's why we as africans dont have values anymore. Too much copy copy from movies and dstv. Even oyinbo sef dey wish to revert to the values we are now seeing as archaic. Chopping under my roof and I fit come dey hear oh yeah!, oh my god! fvck me baby! Hmmn! As the pikin don be adult like dat na hin be say hin go go find hin own house take dey do am. What nonsense!

3 Likes

Re: Should Parents Tell Their Kids How Much They Earn?? by biolabee(m): 10:57pm On May 02, 2013
mekula:

Imagine! That's why we as africans dont have values anymore. Too much copy copy from movies and dstv. Even oyinbo sef dey wish to revert to the values we are now seeing as archaic. Chopping under my roof and I fit come dey hear oh yeah!, oh my god! fvck me baby! Hmmn! As the pikin don be adult like dat na hin be say hin go go find hin own house take dey do am. What nonsense!

u so graphic.... i dey laff o
Re: Should Parents Tell Their Kids How Much They Earn?? by Nobody: 10:59pm On May 02, 2013
Sisi_Kill: I honestly can't imagine, even in my wildest imagination, why it is necessary for any child to know this information.

Some say so they know what you can afford and what you can't... So if you can afford $4 million car, you will buy it for your child? If the answer is no, of course not...then how does the child knowing how much you make come into play here. I'm sorry oh but if affordability is the only basis you make the decision on what you buy your kids...then you should check yourself.

Children do not need to know how much their parents are making and the way you bring them up, whatever life lessons or values you teach them about money should not be based on how much you have in your bank account.

Juts my opinion.

Parents these days dont want kids to be kids again. They are looking for friends, if you want afriend go out and get one. Leave your kid out of it. You will see a situation where a parent will send a child on an errand and the kid's response will be like: 'Dad send tola, shebi I went the last time, me I dont have strength'

U dey MAAAADT? Ti m ba gba e nko! M Were okpo vuwashi cha gi ishi!

1 Like

Re: Should Parents Tell Their Kids How Much They Earn?? by biolabee(m): 11:01pm On May 02, 2013
mekula:

Parents these days dont want kids to be kids again. They are looking for friends, if you want afriend go out and get one. Leave your kid out of it. You will see a situation where a parent will send a child on an errand and the kid's response will be like: 'Dad send tola, shebi I went the last time, me I dont have strength'

U dey MAAAADT? Ti m ba gba e nko! M Were okpo vuwashi cha gi ishi!

i too gbadusky u wink
Re: Should Parents Tell Their Kids How Much They Earn?? by Nobody: 11:03pm On May 02, 2013
biolabee:

u so graphic.... i dey laff o

Pardon me jare, just annoying we are having a lost generation so soon!
Re: Should Parents Tell Their Kids How Much They Earn?? by Nobody: 11:16pm On May 02, 2013
Well they can know so they can aspire to much much more.
Re: Should Parents Tell Their Kids How Much They Earn?? by biolabee(m): 11:19pm On May 02, 2013
mekula:

Pardon me jare, just annoying we are having a lost generation so soon!

Na so e be
Make God helep us o
Re: Should Parents Tell Their Kids How Much They Earn?? by Gwazah(m): 11:48pm On May 02, 2013
to hell with any child that want to know how much his father is collecting, even my wife will not know not to talk of just a child. i don't want to know their own, so why must they know mine?
Re: Should Parents Tell Their Kids How Much They Earn?? by Fhemmmy: 11:53pm On May 02, 2013
Gwazah: to hell with any child that want to know how much his father is collecting, even my wife will not know not to talk of just a child. i don't want to know their own, so why must they know mine?

cry cry
Re: Should Parents Tell Their Kids How Much They Earn?? by Nobody: 12:25am On May 03, 2013
Ok now, I think this is just Parenting oversabi.
Re: Should Parents Tell Their Kids How Much They Earn?? by armyofone(m): 1:21am On May 03, 2013
mekula:

haha, don't forget parents buying plan B for their little ones too, was in the news.

OP, there are more important things in life to tell your kids than chatting about your paycheck.
Re: Should Parents Tell Their Kids How Much They Earn?? by GeneralJ(m): 1:57am On May 03, 2013
tell them so that whenn you don't have money they will undastand
Re: Should Parents Tell Their Kids How Much They Earn?? by Nobody: 3:03am On May 03, 2013
yuzedo: So that they can ask for iTouch, iPhone, and iPad instead of [b]iZal?? [size=18pt]HELLLLLL NOOOOOOOOO!!!![/size][/b] angry angry angry
ah! your sense of humour. grin grin grin grin
Re: Should Parents Tell Their Kids How Much They Earn?? by jonot: 9:37am On May 03, 2013
seriously? why should that happen? the way this world is going sef, parents will soon be asked to use sir/ma for their children
Re: Should Parents Tell Their Kids How Much They Earn?? by biolabee(m): 10:16am On May 03, 2013
jonot: seriously? why should that happen? the way this world is going sef, parents will soon be asked to use sir/ma for their children

Scenario; hey yo montrell you want to go to school today

No da wanna play xbox infinity with my peeps

Good son go ahead

Yea right .. Ultra modern parenting
Re: Should Parents Tell Their Kids How Much They Earn?? by Nobody: 4:05pm On May 03, 2013
Seriously, what's the need? undecided
So that they won't ask for money when you tell them you earn peanuts or they would ask for more than enough when they know you earn large? undecided
Kidz would always be kidz, telling them what you earn doesn't stop them from demanding money from you whenever they want

WHO CARES IF YOU EARN GROUNDNUTS AT THE END OF EVERYMONTH? undecided Not kidz these dayz
So, save yourself the sermon undecided
Re: Should Parents Tell Their Kids How Much They Earn?? by Nobody: 4:08pm On May 03, 2013
biolabee:

Scenario; hey yo montrell you want to go to school today

No da wanna play xbox infinity with my peeps

Good son go ahead

Yea right .. Ultra modern parenting

What's your beef really ? You don't subscribe to friendship with your children, we get it so what's next?
Re: Should Parents Tell Their Kids How Much They Earn?? by biolabee(m): 4:50pm On May 03, 2013
jidegirl12:

What's your beef really ? You don't subscribe to friendship with your children, we get it so what's next?

whats your beef too...
Why dont you do what makes you happy and leave moi
Your issue is that you must always attack, attack, attack

Where in the afore mentioned post did i say I will not communicate with my kid

If to you, relating with your kid means friendship with no boundaries because you dont want to hurt them GOOD FOR YOU

I believe in boundaries and will exercise such

ish
Re: Should Parents Tell Their Kids How Much They Earn?? by Nobody: 5:54pm On May 03, 2013
Oh sorry sissy I didn't know I'm carrying a shovel to attack you from behind .... I'm sorry sad,have I made you cry the typical cry for help y'all always get from Jide's e- oppression cheesy cheesy

'leave me a alone jide' boohoo cheesy

I asked you a simple question and you r keyboard is outta control? Don't worry bout what makes me happy, I don't care bout other people's unsolicited parenting retrospect, I only care bout the finished product then we can compare and contrast then. wink

Kids from Affluent homes end up as useless Adults?? and you bolded&Gbammed it didn't you.

I've observed your handle to be very sly & wily but I'd leave it at that for another day .

You agreed to every posts that supported -being friends with kids is no good and here you are denying that with your usual cry for help & underhand e-attitude . Smh

I already know what your response will quote.... your plastic one line/word response=> To each and his owns?

Ish!
Re: Should Parents Tell Their Kids How Much They Earn?? by biolabee(m): 6:51pm On May 03, 2013
I don't care bout other people's unsolicited parenting retrospect, I only care bout the finished product then we can compare and contrast then. wink

woman step spewing

why is everything a competition with you.. bigger house, better kids etc
calm down and enjoy the years God has given you with out putting urself on a treadmill with the Joneses

Kids from Affluent homes end up as useless Adults?? and you bolded&Gbammed it didn't you.

Where did i say that
Thank God i know well adjusted lads that come from affluent homes

So in your mind, parenting is all about not having boundaries and that equates to being affluent.. you must be a learner as I dont want your kind of lawless affluence

As an aside
I know of wealthy dudes who are disciplined and inculcated such in their scion
Those are people i choose to call my mentors not shallow thinking that says ultimate parenting is handholding without boundaries.

I dont do personal but i deal with issues.
I dey kampe
Re: Should Parents Tell Their Kids How Much They Earn?? by Nobody: 7:35pm On May 03, 2013
I knew I'll get more outta you grin

Well well well it seems my flare for bigger and blingy lifestyle is y'all problems ( build your house of mt. Olympus I don't care, treadmill with the joneses => what gives??) ... Don't need to keep up, they keep up with moi=> I WORK HARD FOR IT!!!

Who am I competing with?
( oh the compare & contrast line? Ponder on that further , it'll eventually click wink)

However this is not bout moi so I won't open the can of snake that'll infest on your green eyes.

Good for you that you reneged on your imbecilic endorsement now ( flip back the pages and see your foo lish argument you're making now) ,
I could care less what your opinion is , I just wanted to point that out to you and I already did. Case closed!

Btw , e-eye service won't get you anywhere man yi ....its written all over your e-character if you didn't notice=>I mean Who are you??

Ish
Re: Should Parents Tell Their Kids How Much They Earn?? by biolabee(m): 7:43pm On May 03, 2013
stop ranting woman show me where i made that kind of imbecilic comment

it takes one to know one

as i told u i dey kampe

i dont do eye service
your problem is that u see enemies everywhere that is why u cant acknowlege anytime u goof
a proud heart is a big issue
Re: Should Parents Tell Their Kids How Much They Earn?? by damiso(f): 7:47pm On May 03, 2013
Why naa? undecidedWhat will even bring about the conversation?If you need something,its there.If you WANT something and we think you deserve you will get it.If not you are not having it.finish.If we cant afford it,we tell you(by Gods grace i pray we will always be able to afford the VITAL things that a child needs to grow up well rounded) sorry thats not a priority for now.

1 Like

Re: Should Parents Tell Their Kids How Much They Earn?? by Nobody: 7:47pm On May 03, 2013
Somebody that's very good at it on this section and closely following our convo might undecided pity and help you outta your pretentious 'stagger' !

Kampe or not I already told you case closed! cool

Enemies on NL? different diagnosis on jydoe, go on.
Re: Should Parents Tell Their Kids How Much They Earn?? by biolabee(m): 7:53pm On May 03, 2013
jidegirl12: Somebody that's very good at it on this section and closely following our convo might undecided pity and help you outta your pretentious 'stagger' !

Kampe or not I already told you case closed! cool

Enemies on NL? different diagnosis on jydoe, go on.

woman calm down,, am i the only person that does not support this preposterous practice
why pick on me

the poster directly above you said the same.. why dont u get ur PMS off on her

I am not pretentious,, woman and i dont need to be

ish

Stop looking for enemies in your shadow is idiomatic of your extreme paranoia and distrust which am sure is not limited to your online persona tongue tongue

I bet my last year bonus on that grin
Re: Should Parents Tell Their Kids How Much They Earn?? by Nobody: 7:57pm On May 03, 2013
Oh gosh ! case closed!!

I'm not that complicated , I pointed out your stewpid endorsements and I'm done with it! Done!
Re: Should Parents Tell Their Kids How Much They Earn?? by Osyxcel(m): 8:01pm On May 03, 2013
U rili dn't need to tell them...
When they get to a certain age, and they wanna know, they'll find out either you tell them or not....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Familanders,please Help Me Plan The Program / List Of Animals That Have Gone Extinct In Our Lifetime / Which Other Food Can I Introduce To My Baby Of 10 Mths Apart From Indomie?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.