Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,804 members, 7,810,096 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:40 PM

Businesses You Can Start As An Unemployed Graduate! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Businesses You Can Start As An Unemployed Graduate! (16639 Views)

15 Businesses You Can Start On Campus That You Don't Know About / Training: 40 businesses you can start with 1000 naira or less (with Videos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Businesses You Can Start As An Unemployed Graduate! by Nobody: 8:44pm On May 02, 2013
First of all, I am not here to deceive you, and neither am I here to pamper or pity you because you are a graduate and still unemployed, if I do, do you know how many people I will be pitying? That means I will end up pitying people all my life.

Haven made that clear, I am here to challenge you, to dare you and to motivate and activate your latent business talent and skill...

See, the truth is that not everyone will secure a white collar job!!! In fact, majority of Nigerian graduates willing to work will never find a job. I am not cursing you pls...but I am being real here...imagine if America or all nation could be facing unemployment, America that has companies that manufacture aeroplanes, ships, cars, steel, in fact everything we can think of....what about Nigeria that cannot boast of one- automobile manufacturing company or a full steel plant...no functional refinery...so my dear brothers and sisters, pls wake up now before it gets too late; your destinies are in your hands, act now!

With the way Nigeria's population is shooting up daily, coupled with the unbelievable number of graduates being churned out yearly from our- Universities, Polytechnics and Colleges of Education, it is no longer a news that there can never be enough ready-made jobs or job openings that would absorb this abnormal population, so what do you do? Act fast!

The unemployment situation in Nigeria has gone beyond having faith, being intelligent, knowing people, graduating from the best school and with the best result...

In case you don't know, if you think that because you are a member of Chosen, MFM, RCCG, Winners, SCOAN, etc would guarantee you immediate job, then you are dreaming because as you are busy firing your prayer at MFM, the Chosen guy is somewhere claiming the same job by virtue of- I am the chosen one while the Winners guy is at another arena getting dressed to resume work by faith even before the interview...you see

1 Like

Re: Businesses You Can Start As An Unemployed Graduate! by Nobody: 8:46pm On May 02, 2013
What am I trying to say here? The only way to be in charge of your future as a graduate who is still job-hunting is to startup a business NOW!

What most pastors and faith preachers failed to tell our youths is this: not everyone will work in SHELL, Mobil, Total, NLNG, etc, no matter how big their faith is...because the number of able-bodied graduates in Nigeria is far beyond the number of available jobs, so whose job are you going to take

I want to see churches preach more about creating wealth from nothing just as Mr. Seun has done using nairaland...I want to see churches mentor and sponsor youths to develop applications and business solutions that will solve global problem instead of deceiving youths to come and do this and that in order to secure their dream jobs, where

Now, enough of the literature, where do you start as a graduate?

First, if you are a student reading this, please kindly start now to think, research and brainstorm on what business you can start now as a student because that's the best time for you to avoid starting business out of frustration and under pressure.

See, there are plenty businesses you can do, stop thinking that every business idea had been taken up...research on the existing businesses and find out what they are doing right and use that as your selling point.

See, don't think Dangote has finished everything, research about his weakpoints and use it to start up your own biz.

3 Likes

Re: Businesses You Can Start As An Unemployed Graduate! by Nobody: 8:51pm On May 02, 2013
Now, here are some lists:

1. Web-based business: don't neglect the power of the internet, your mates are making so much money legally via the internet, so think now.

2. Can you solve the problem of change or balance in most commercial cities in Nigeria, like Lagos? Start now to brainstorm and thank me later.

3. Don't just believe Esusu banking or collection is outdated because market women still need it...so if you have good reputation around where you live, try this because most local traders don't usually have time to go to the bank to deposit their cash.

4. More than 70% of Nigerians still depend on OK wears or Okirita clothes, so think about this, you can make a fortune from it, I have mentored some fellows in this and they are smiling today and always thanking me...you too can be the next beneficiary if you act now. You need less than 50k to start, but you must let go of pride, shyness, ego, etc if you want to be rich in life.

Note: most rich, celebrities and successful people do shameful things, abnormal things, things most people wouldn't do or would see as useless....look at Denrele today...Charly Boy, etc, etc...

5. Selling Insurance policies and packages...you need nothing besides confidence, good dressing, and then try AIICO insurance...they will recruit and train you and there you go!

6. Home Pick up dry cleaning services within your environment...

7. Freelance Marketer: you will be selling not just one product, but as many as you can handle. If you can get buyers of big truck tyres, then you can reach me...only if you can get companies (haulage, cargo, factories, etc) that will be buying truck tyres in bulk (10 pieces upwards).

I referenced on tyre because it moves fast, easy to sell once you know the market....

Audio visuals, cars (if you can get buyers, fine, contact me)....and many other products you can market. Once you can market, select the types of products you want to market, list out the companies or firms or outlets that sells them and then approach them to establish a relationship with them as their freelance marketer...most companies would take you and may even be paying you a transport stipend to facilitate your movement.

8. You neglect photographers right? Lol...try and acquire the skill if you can and start up your own photography studio with passion and creativity and watch out.

We will continue some other time....feel free to ask questions....wishing you all Godspeed and divine favours, goodnight.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Businesses You Can Start As An Unemployed Graduate! by Nobody: 9:18pm On May 02, 2013
Sorry this just came to my mind...I understand that the major problem most fresh graduates do encounter when starting up a biz is- the startup capital...

Now hear this: no bank will give you fund without proven business records and sth to stand as collateral...and don't blame bank because they are in for business and want to be sure you know what you are doing and that they will recover their fund if your business collapses...

Having that in mind, how then do you raise money to startup your first business, assuming you don't have enough money already?

1. Your family and friends should be your first trial. Talk to them, there must be someone amongst them that believes in you and ready to borrow or lend you cash.

2. If No.1 fails, then try your church...yes, you don't need to only run to them for prayers and counselling, you should also let them know that you need cash to startup that great business idea you have. Don't say- church doesn't have money cos they do, even more than banks.

3. Partnership!!! You must have friends you trust, who also want to succeed like you, if you don't have any, then you have issues...establish one from today...

Assuming you have, talk to them about forming a partnership or cooperative society...so that you guys can jointly pull your resources together for startup.

4. Join a reliable contribution network, group or association: it has helped so many successful people you see today...most started like this...try it.

5. Start a business startup savings plan: here, you need income, therefore, you need a handwork to fetch you cash from nothing. So try and acquire a skill...soon, I will be unveiling free training for engineering folks (elect elect/mech engrs)....as my own little way of assisting...and the skill will sure help those willing to learn. Its a rare skill in engineering.

In all these...don't forget your God...let your good surpass you bad in life...don't envy, don't keep grudges or malice, don't hate...try and love people and do good whenever u can and God will surely remember you one day.

6 Likes

Re: Businesses You Can Start As An Unemployed Graduate! by wonderiyke(m): 2:01pm On May 03, 2013
I've been following your thread and I must say we need more of such inspiring write-ups. God bless you for the good work.You will never lack any good thing in Jesus name.Amen!

1 Like

Re: Businesses You Can Start As An Unemployed Graduate! by biz1234: 2:54pm On May 03, 2013
Believe me, starting an internet business is the best option for anyone seeking to make ends meet today. Reason being that you don't require any start up capital, no experience required, no skill needed.

Just a computer with internet connection and you are done.

The most important thing is for you to have a product or service that you can sell, once you have those, then the process of getting them across to your prospects is much easier.

Think about starting an online business today. It really pays.
Re: Businesses You Can Start As An Unemployed Graduate! by Nobody: 2:54pm On May 03, 2013
wonderiyke: I've been following your thread and I must say we need more of such inspiring write-ups. God bless you for the good work.You will never lack any good thing in Jesus name.Amen!
thanks dear, and may God Almighty enrich and bless the works of your hand too....

It worries me always; how to assist the rapidly increasing number of able-bodied graduate youths in Nigeria...so this is like my own little token because if you try to go further than this, the same youths will come backstabbing you for no justifiable reason(s), so I have learnt to sit on the fence....

Stay blessed.
Re: Businesses You Can Start As An Unemployed Graduate! by Nobody: 3:01pm On May 03, 2013
biz1234: Believe me, starting an internet business is the best option for anyone seeking to make ends meet today. Reason being that you don't require any start up capital, no experience required, no skill needed.

The most important thing is for you to have a product or service that you can sell, once you have those, then the process of getting them across to your prospects is much easier.

That's just another obvious truth. The world is gradually moving from traditional to electronic...imagine the number of people surfing the net on a daily basis? Thats a good indicator that there is too much money for everyone on the internet...

But still....getting an internet access isn't that easy and cheap in Nigeria....but then, people can start small and walk their way up....online business is a good one....but people have to be wise and smart to avoid patronizing scammers...so I would advice any youth to make sure they have something valuable (a service or product) to sell to online users.

For instance, bloggers sell information and news online....

Seun is selling information via nairaland....

Jumia and Konga are selling physical products online....

Iroko TV is selling entertainment online...and so on and so forth....so try and figure out what unique product you can sell to people online and you are on your way to being wealthy!!!!

Thanks @biz
Re: Businesses You Can Start As An Unemployed Graduate! by novine(f): 3:38pm On May 03, 2013
Learn how to make money through selling of recharge cards.

We have 2 devices that vend this airtime;

1. Mobile phone: this sells VTU or direct top-up only (no pin).
From this mobile phone you can sell VTU recharge cards for MTN, AIRTEL, GLO&ETISALAT....The mobile phone to start this business is given to you for free.
2. A mobile POS Terminal that prints electronic pins for every operator.
It can also be used for VTU or direct top-up. This POS Terminal would be given to you for free.

COME FOR OUR TRAINING ON THE 11TH OF MAY 2013

You would be taught;
•How to make use of the recharge card machine.
•How to earn money using the machine to make PHCN bills& also get paid for doing this.
•How to pay Dstv,Startimes, MyTv, GoTv for your customers using this machine.

ATTEND THIS TRAINING AND GET FOR FREE

•The best selling book 120 AND MORE BUSINESSES YOU CAN DO AND SUCCEED IN NIGERIA.
•A free CD containing 500 eBooks on Business,Success,Motivation,Health etc.
•How to make money through owning a bulk sms website.

TRAINING DATE: 11TH OF MAY
VENUE: 10 KEMBERI ROAD OKOKOMAIKO, LAGOS.
FEE: N2, 000.

Pay into our bank account, after payment; send a text message with your name and teller number to 07031234855.

BANK NAME: GTB
ACCOUNT NAME: NOVINE KONCEPT VENTURES
ACCOUNT NO: 0012902429

For more enquiries call 07031234855 or 01-7663076.
OR MAIL novinekonceptventures@gmail.com

THERE WOULD BE REFRESHMENT

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Businesses You Can Start As An Unemployed Graduate! by trixandra(f): 8:28pm On May 03, 2013
Please, is this only related to the males cos it sounds male-inclined?
Re: Businesses You Can Start As An Unemployed Graduate! by Promolysis(m): 9:46pm On May 03, 2013
DailyNews: thanks dear, and may God Almighty enrich and bless the works of your hand too....

It worries me always; how to assist the rapidly increasing number of able-bodied graduate youths in Nigeria...so this is like my own little token because if you try to go further than this, the same youths will come backstabbing you for no justifiable reason(s), so I have learnt to sit on the fence....

Stay blessed.
nice tips keep it up. Am motivated by this writeup, may God give you more wisdom and knowledge to effect changes to your generation.
Re: Businesses You Can Start As An Unemployed Graduate! by Nobody: 10:22pm On May 03, 2013
trixandra: Please, is this only related to the males cos it sounds male-inclined?
no business is male-inclined except those that require so much physical strength like mechanic work, but even those ones have been infiltrated by females...

Now, let me give u a secret.

Let's take for instance, online or internet business like blogging, do u know that it favours women more than men? Women thrive faster in blogging than men, ask me why? Cos people of nowadays tend to cherish gossip from females than males, especially in Nigeria...like some would say: sex sells faster in naija.

think of how many guys that come running to comment on every irrelevant and relevant comment or status u update on your facebook, just becos u are a girl and most of them just want to use that opportunity to win ur admiration, now, y not use this point as a means of making money online for urself?? How??

Create a blog and then create a facebook fan page for ur blog and there u go...believe me, majority of ur male friends will surely follow ur blog and the females too. And soon, u will start making some passive income via blogging...and who knows if u may end up becoming the next Linda Ikeji

So don't just conclude that no one can dispute Linda Ikeji or Bella Naija cos tomorrow is pregnant and it maybe you if you start NOW!!!

Secondly, Selling Insurance plans and packages is even much more easier for ladies than guys cos I know rich guys, I happen to hang out with a couple of em, and I can objectively tell u that they patronize female marketers more than male ones...reason: sex sells in today world!!! Remember, u may not sleep with them if u chose to, but u have an edge as a girl over guys selling insurance packages.

I hope ur question had been answered ma'am

1 Like

Re: Businesses You Can Start As An Unemployed Graduate! by Nobody: 10:24pm On May 03, 2013
Promolysis: nice tips keep it up. Am motivated by this writeup, may God give you more wisdom and knowledge to effect changes to your generation.
and you too bro...I feel honoured, glad u appreciated it, stay blessed.

1 Like

Re: Businesses You Can Start As An Unemployed Graduate! by Godwin10(m): 3:41pm On Jun 26, 2013
This is the kind of topic am happy to see in this forum, not topics dat dont motivate or give ideas to the youth, let me give you a little tip,Am a Computer Engineering Student of the University of Benin, I am making 5 figure incomes online, you are amazed, aren't you?. One thing about our youths is that ignorance is choking your neck, I do not blame you, its because of the scams all over the internet thats why most people are scared to do business online. I will advice you to get a successful mentor in the niche you choose to do business online, thats what gave me the ideas i have today, you cant make it on the internet without selling something, and like a user posted some time ago NIGERIANS DONT WANT TO PAY FOR A PRODUCT, BUT WANT TO MAKE FREE MONEY ONLINE. Let me tell you, the world is not fair, so grab any great opportunity that comes your way. You could get my free ebooks on how I am self employed,and also the same time being focused on my studies here http://www.squeezeframes.com/0/111/111389/55672.html You see things and yòu say, Why? But I dream things that never were, and I say, Why not? Thank You.
Re: Businesses You Can Start As An Unemployed Graduate! by Nedum1979: 3:43pm On Jun 26, 2013
Do you beleive that you can rake in at least $200 by the 1st week of
the next month? If yes, this is absolutely real. Below are the SIMPLE
STEPS to take to rake in at least $200 with just a registration of $8

LiveDrive Cloud Storage is paying $200 for each referral at only $8 a month!!!

You will also get $20 for every person your direct referral signs up
and $5 for the 2nd generation referrals under you.

FIRST STEPS:

1.Visit my Affiliate Link: http://www.livedrive.com/?a_aid=51caefa2ca0dd

2. Click on ''SIGN UP'' at the top right corner of website

3. Choose "BACKUP" at the left side of the page, and complete the
''One-Click Sign up form''

4. Hit "CREATE ACCOUNT" which takes you to the next page.

5. Again, click on "BACKUP" and Make the $8 payment with your NAIRA
MASTERCARD or VISA CARD, click inside the pink
area, to enter billing, and make payment.
you get to this part, for clarifications.

6. Once you make payment you have completed step one.

SECOND STEPS:
1. Click here to create your affiliate account:
http://affiliates.livedrive.com/affiliates/signup.php#SignupForm

2. Grab your referral link under the home page. (This generates your
commissions).

3. Grab your affiliate referral link under the promotions page/advance
tools/sub affiliate link.
This keeps track of your referrals sign ups. (Not compulsory, only for
people that wants to market them on their own personal website)

4. Start pulling in your friends and family to SIGN UP with $8 through
your affiliate link, and get $200 on each of them.
Re: Businesses You Can Start As An Unemployed Graduate! by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jun 26, 2013
How long have you been doing internet business?

I laugh as if it is that easy...

biz1234: Believe me, starting an internet business is the best option for anyone seeking to make ends meet today. Reason being that you don't require any start up capital, no experience required, no skill needed.

Re: Businesses You Can Start As An Unemployed Graduate! by Catalyst007(m): 8:59am On Aug 11, 2015
It depends on your motivation, planning and strategy. Some people take up to 6 months, 1 year, 4 years etc. to become successful online.
With a good strategy, people like me became successful in just 2 months!

LEARN HOW I MAKE N60,000.00 A MONTH FROM THESE TWO BUSINESSES:

http://onlineshopping-productreviews..co.ke/2015/05/konga-affiliate-associate-program-sign-in-login.html?m=0#more

http://fiverrencyclopedia..co.ke/2015/07/fiverr-how-it-works-fiverr-sign-up-free-gig.html?m=1
Re: Businesses You Can Start As An Unemployed Graduate! by ExplicitConect: 7:15am On Oct 14, 2018
Sorry this just came to my mind...I understand that the major problem most fresh graduates do encounter when starting up a biz is- the startup capital...

Now hear this: no bank will give you fund without proven business records and sth to stand as collateral...and don't blame bank because they are in for business and want to be sure you know what you are doing and that they will recover their fund if your business collapses...

Having that in mind, how then do you raise money to startup your first business, assuming you don't have enough money already?

1. Your family and friends should be your first trial. Talk to them, there must be someone amongst them that believes in you and ready to borrow or lend you cash.

2. If No.1 fails, then try your church...yes, you don't need to only run to them for prayers and counselling, you should also let them know that you need cash to startup that great business idea you have. Don't say- church doesn't have money cos they do, even more than banks.

3. Partnership!!! You must have friends you trust, who also want to succeed like you, if you don't have any, then you have issues...establish one from today...

Assuming you have, talk to them about forming a partnership or cooperative society...so that you guys can jointly pull your resources together for startup.

4. Join a reliable contribution network, group or association: it has helped so many successful people you see today...most started like this...try it.

5. Start a business startup savings plan: here, you need income, therefore, you need a handwork to fetch you cash from nothing. So try and acquire a skill...soon, I will be unveiling free training for engineering folks (elect elect/mech engrs)....as my own little way of assisting...and the skill will sure help those willing to learn. Its a rare skill in engineering.

In all these...don't forget your God...let your good surpass you bad in life...don't envy, don't keep grudges or malice, don't hate...try and love people and do good whenever u can and God will surely remember you one day.

(1) (Reply)

CBN To Reserve Bank Management & Board Seats For Women / Skye Bank Takes Over Mainstreet Bank / Jaiz Bank To Open 13 Branches This Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.