Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

South Africans Are Backward – Zambian Vice-president - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / South Africans Are Backward – Zambian Vice-president (1761 Views)

Man Arrested For Overtaking Ugandan's Vice President's Convoy (photos) / See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia / Xenophobia: Zambian Radio Station Stops Playing South African Music (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

South Africans Are Backward – Zambian Vice-president by johnie: 1:29pm On May 03, 2013
South Africans are backward – Zambian vice-president
2 May 2013 11:18

Zambian vice-president Guy Scott has said that South Africa is backward in terms of historical development, despite the country being Africa’s biggest economy.

The Guardian reported yesterday that the 68-year-old grandfather, who is also an MP for Lusaka, said South Africa was the cause of so much trouble on the African continent.

“The South Africans are very backward in terms of historical development,” he said. “I hate South Africans. That’s not a fair thing to say, because I like a lot of South Africans, but they really think they’re the bee’s knees and actually they’ve been the cause of so much trouble in this part of the world.

“I have a suspicion the blacks model themselves on the whites now that they’re in power. ‘Don’t you know who we are, man?’”

Scott also scoffed at the inclusion of South Africa in the Brics grouping of emerging economies.

“They think in Brics that the ‘s’ actually stands for South Africa whereas it stands for Africa. Nobody would want to go in for a partnership with Brazil, China, India and South Africa, for Christ’s sake.

“I dislike South Africa for the same reason that Latin Americans dislike the United States, I think. It’s just too big and too unsubtle.”

Warming to his theme, Scott let rip at South African President Jacob Zuma, comparing him with the last apartheid leader, FW de Klerk. “He’s very like De Klerk. ‘You just leave Zimbabwe to me.’ Excuse me, who the hell liberated you anyway, was it not us? I mean, I quite like him, he seems a rather genial character, but I pity him and his advisers.”

Scott became vice-president in 2011 but his presence baffles some African leaders at high-level meetings. “I think they regard me as a sort of mascot, a good luck charm for African politics.”

He also had something to say about Zimbabwean President Robert Mugabe who has remained in power for 33 years: “I think if you asked him, he’d say it was enough. That’s what he said to us a few months ago. I said the way forward in African democracy is the way we do it in Zambia. He said: ‘I absolutely agree, I wish it would happen to me.’”

Scott went on to describe 89-year-old Mugabe’s persona. “He’s a funny chap. He seems to doze off and then he suddenly laughs at a joke while in the middle of dozing. And very articulate, without a note, without a scrap of anything.

“He’s an anglophone. He loves to give lectures on the English language, English weighing systems, English this or that. He was a teacher, and so he taught himself all that.”

Zambian president Michael Sata – whom Scott refers to as “the boss” – is known to be on friendly terms with Mugabe, who used to work as a teacher in Zambia. “I’m sure any good African nationalist admires Mugabe,” Scott added.

- News24

http://www.citypress.co.za/politics/south-africans-are-backward-zambian-vice-president/
Re: South Africans Are Backward – Zambian Vice-president by solomon111(m): 3:06pm On May 03, 2013
Well that's his problem.
If he feels that way,then zambia should leave the SADC and look for better partners.
Re: South Africans Are Backward – Zambian Vice-president by Nobody: 3:35pm On May 03, 2013
Thank God he didn't mention our name grin... Waiting for haters to flood this thread (countdown) 10.9.8.7.6.5.4.3...
Re: South Africans Are Backward – Zambian Vice-president by badmrkt(m): 3:58pm On May 03, 2013
Another truth from a fearless fellow.
Anyway, it's south african and zambian thang,watching how some zulus handle this.
We'(Nigeria)are done with the zulus on another thread, oya lil brothers over to you, buh we are strongly behind you.
Re: South Africans Are Backward – Zambian Vice-president by vizboy(m): 4:18pm On May 03, 2013
Hmmmm well have nothing to say but just have to watch from the sideline
Re: South Africans Are Backward – Zambian Vice-president by dasparrow: 5:35pm On May 03, 2013
@Post

Hmmmmm, very interesting. The Zambian vice president might have stumbled on Nairaland and discovered how some South Africans are here on a Nigerian forum making an utter and complete fool of themselves for him to have classified them as 'historically backward' in terms of development.
Re: South Africans Are Backward – Zambian Vice-president by OneNaira6: 6:38pm On May 03, 2013
sad thing for a politician to say. Even if you felt or believe it, you should have kept it to yourself. Na VP you be now
Re: South Africans Are Backward – Zambian Vice-president by andrewza: 9:28pm On May 03, 2013
He is funny littel drunk lucky charm.

Any case not like we care. I mean zambia please they not much of country. There are city's in SA better of.
Re: South Africans Are Backward – Zambian Vice-president by 14(m): 12:02am On May 04, 2013
And he is White, was he drunk? I guess so. Old man looking for limelight, I guess he never got it by being a white Vice president in a country of 98% black population. Then he thought of thrown stones at SA, wow, Mr Scott, don't bite the hand that feeds you. Any ways, who is Zambia. We don't have Energy to waste. Zambia needs SA More than SA needs Zambia. We can make their lives misereable if we want to, but we not gonna act like this Stupid Racist Old man.
Re: South Africans Are Backward – Zambian Vice-president by Nobody: 3:35am On May 04, 2013
Re: South Africans Are Backward – Zambian Vice-president by kgr28(m): 11:28am On May 04, 2013
Hao!! Even Zambia got issues with SA!!
Re: South Africans Are Backward – Zambian Vice-president by andrewza: 1:35pm On May 04, 2013
kgr28: Hao!! Even Zambia got issues with SA!!

No just one old drunk. I mean he loves mugabe and thinks he is funny. Lol.
Re: South Africans Are Backward – Zambian Vice-president by paniki(m): 8:11pm On May 04, 2013
We seem to piss off a lot of people by just staying in our country and minding our own business.
Re: South Africans Are Backward – Zambian Vice-president by RSA(m): 8:32pm On May 04, 2013
He say he hate SA same way Latin America hate US, pure jealousy from this old Briton,he still think Zambia is a colony,SA have invested heavily in Zambia.What more does he want.
Re: South Africans Are Backward – Zambian Vice-president by White007(m): 7:40am On May 06, 2013
Really?

Hmmm...

Thread bookmarked for future reference.
Re: South Africans Are Backward – Zambian Vice-president by Nobody: 9:11am On May 06, 2013
That's the honest truth - black SA(ns) need to get their ish together and start showing respect to all the Africans who liberated them from the devilish claws of apartheid... The apartheid ended less than three decades ago, yet they've forgotten how everyone fought for them - that's disgraceful for a country where everything they do including their national anthem exudes Africanism...

The truth is bitter! undecided
Re: South Africans Are Backward – Zambian Vice-president by Nobody: 11:11am On May 06, 2013
An irresponsible comment by the deputy, he could address the BRICS issue with more tact. It reads like an interview given in a shebeen over a few beers. I am not even south african and its off putting that these are comments given by a deputy head of state.
Re: South Africans Are Backward – Zambian Vice-president by andrewza: 12:05pm On May 06, 2013
shymexx: That's the honest truth - black SA(ns) need to get their ish together and start showing respect to all the Africans who liberated them from the devilish claws of apartheid... The apartheid ended less than three decades ago, yet they've forgotten how everyone fought for them - that's disgraceful for a country where everything they do including their national anthem exudes Africanism...

Why. No one died along side them. And it not has if SA is not helping out other african counties.
Re: South Africans Are Backward – Zambian Vice-president by Nobody: 4:08pm On May 06, 2013
shymexx: That's the honest truth - black SA(ns) need to get their ish together and start showing respect to all the Africans who liberated them from the devilish claws of apartheid... The apartheid ended less than three decades ago, yet they've forgotten how everyone fought for them - that's disgraceful for a country where everything they do including their national anthem exudes Africanism...

Today every Jammie, Johnny and Jack helped us. Don't quite get how you can claim to have helped someone when you continued to do business with his oppressors...even going as far as accepting aid from them...

Apartheid was introduced in 1948. and only ended officially in 1994. For 46 years Africans that today am expected to show respect to were M.I.A! All I ask of Africans is to stay missing!

We (black Saffas) fought and liberated ourselves. The blood that was shed was ours and nobody elses. All you (nigerians) and many people all over the world did was support our cause!!

As a black Saffa I owe nobody nothing!!
Re: South Africans Are Backward – Zambian Vice-president by Nobody: 6:18pm On May 06, 2013
xhosanostraZAR:
Today every Jammie, Johnny and Jack helped us. Don't quite get how you can claim to have helped someone when you continued to do business with his oppressors...even going as far as accepting aid from them...

Apartheid was introduced in 1948. and only ended officially in 1994. For 46 years Africans that today am expected to show respect to were M.I.A! All I ask of Africans is to stay missing!

We (black Saffas) fought and liberated ourselves. The blood that was shed was ours and nobody elses. All you (nigerians) and many people all over the world did was support our cause!!

As a black Saffa I owe nobody nothing!!

You lot haven't learnt your lesson... If not for other Africans and the black world - you'd be worse than Palestine, tbh... undecided undecided
Re: South Africans Are Backward – Zambian Vice-president by Nobody: 8:25pm On May 06, 2013
ShyM-X:

You lot haven't learnt your lesson... If not for other Africans and the black world - you'd be worse than Palestine, tbh... undecided undecided

Do you know how much foreign aid South Africa gives to other African countries, almost every week i here of some fund raising campaign to help people in other African countries or African refugees in South Africa, reading your other comments tells me you know very little about South Africa.
Re: South Africans Are Backward – Zambian Vice-president by Nobody: 9:40pm On May 06, 2013
ShyM-X:

Protesting and chanting anti-apartheid slogans does not equal fighting a system...it simply means you're bringing awareness to a cause.

Stop beating this poor dead horse!!
Re: South Africans Are Backward – Zambian Vice-president by Nobody: 10:06pm On May 06, 2013
xhosanostraZAR:
Protesting and chanting anti-apartheid slogans does not equal fighting a system...it simply means you're bringing awareness to a cause.

Stop beating this poor dead horse!!

Tell that to the Palestine..

So, you think you would have won against apartheid with your zulu spears, swords, carrots, and sticks? You're a joker!!

Just stop being ungrateful and listen to the Zambian vice-president!
Re: South Africans Are Backward – Zambian Vice-president by Nobody: 11:25pm On May 06, 2013
ShyM-X:

Tell that to the Palestine..

So, you think you would have won against apartheid with your zulu spears, swords, carrots, and sticks? You're a joker!!

Just stop being ungrateful and listen to the Zambian vice-president!

I bet when the Palestines get their freedom you'd be breathing down theirs necks too...telling them how much you've sacrificed for their liberation, right!?

I don't have the energy to go back and forth with you...you know nothing of SA, Zulus nor our struggle. Fact remains WE WON!

Get it through your thick skull I DON'T OWE YOU nor the ZAMBIANS any-bloody-thing. Join the queue of mofos waiting for me to show them gratitude.
Re: South Africans Are Backward – Zambian Vice-president by andrewza: 5:07am On May 07, 2013
ShyM-X:

The black world did nothing to influnce the aparthiied goverment. You where littel pests. Nothing more. Only angola, SWAPO(nambia) zimbawe and mozibique real did any thing. Noitce the all so south africast closets allies.

1 Like

Re: South Africans Are Backward – Zambian Vice-president by Nobody: 9:52am On May 07, 2013
Inconsequential SA(ns) - you need to get the educated ones among you to speak, and not you duffers...

Anyway, your country is just one presidential election away from white people getting back to power... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided
Re: South Africans Are Backward – Zambian Vice-president by Nobody: 3:28pm On May 07, 2013
ShyM-X:
Inconsequential SA(ns) - you need to get the educated ones among you to speak, and not you duffers...

Anyway, your country is just one presidential election away from white people getting back to power... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided

Re: South Africans Are Backward – Zambian Vice-president by 14(m): 11:52pm On May 09, 2013
What does he want SA to do? SA came and found poverty in Africa and now he is blaming the very SA that is trying to unite Africa and not being selfish.

Which other country has done more for Africa other than SA, even thougg they have been in the picture for only 20yrs but they have made an impact. Africa is stable, Nigeria, Rwanda, Zambia, Mozambique are growing because of this Arrogant SA. Unselfish SA. From DRC, Sudan, Angola, Rwanda, burundi, zimbabwe, and now Ivory coast, Chad and CAR, who is at the forefront, SA. Making sure AFRICA is Peaceful and free of unnecessary Wars.

But still some old white drunkard come and spit on SA's face. He should be grateful that he has SA in his region, look how peaceful SADC is. SA can't fail this continent.
Re: South Africans Are Backward – Zambian Vice-president by tck2000(m): 2:47pm On Jan 10, 2020
That's the honest truth - black SA(ns) need to get their ish together and start showing respect to all the Africans who liberated them from the devilish claws of apartheid... The apartheid ended less than three decades ago, yet they've forgotten how everyone fought for them - that's disgraceful for a country where everything they do including their national anthem exudes Africanism...

(1) (Reply)

CNN Insinuates TRUMP Has Corona Virus *pics / Tank Runs Out Of Gas—Ukrainians Mock Russians Soldiers / The Side Of The Ukraine-russia Conflict The West Does Not Want You To See

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.