Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

How To Attract Cusstomers To My Wife's Salon - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Attract Cusstomers To My Wife's Salon (2629 Views)

3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying / Pictures Of Lady Who Brought Her Maid To Fan Her In Salon Go Viral / How Can A 37 Yrs Old Single Lady Attract Suitors? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Attract Cusstomers To My Wife's Salon by llade(m): 4:26pm On May 03, 2013
Gud day all, I opened a Unisex Salon for my wife on wednesday in Kubwa by NYSC Junction, Abuja n Its been 3 days now . We have only had[b][/b] a couple of people who have come to barb. I want to explore ways of attracting females especially to make dia hair in d salon. Al appreciate any advice pls. Many thanks.
Re: How To Attract Cusstomers To My Wife's Salon by sassygal(f): 4:46pm On May 03, 2013
Give an incentive- like say, free pedicure or manicure when you make hair for the first 50 people.

Hope there are fliers printed, get some teenagers to distribute and talk to people in the neighbourhood.

3days is too short to start to despair,
Re: How To Attract Cusstomers To My Wife's Salon by llade(m): 5:09pm On May 03, 2013
Thanks its our first experience though and although av spent quite a fortune over 1m am optimistic wewud make it cos d location is ok n its classy.
Re: How To Attract Cusstomers To My Wife's Salon by llade(m): 5:10pm On May 03, 2013
We printed flyers but d printer made mistakes so we are working on reprinting dem.
Re: How To Attract Cusstomers To My Wife's Salon by Nobody: 5:39pm On May 03, 2013
Where is the location of your wife's saloon?is it close to a university or residential area?if it is close to the university,she could start going to female hostels to inform them.if they know she is good,they will patronize her.then again hope she made her shop student friendly e.g selling of brazillian hair,wigs etc since thats what undergraduate students like a lot.is she friendly and warm to ladies.the thing is that most times it is undergraduates and working class ladies that are more fashion conscious and like changing their hairstyles every time.married women are occupied by other things so target those 2 groups of people.then again be patient.rome was not built in a day.even bobys in surulere that is popular now did not start in a day.also she herself must keep up with fashion trends.she must be doing nice hair styles so that ladies will get attracted and ask her where she did it,so she can just use that opportunity to say ican do this kind of hair,it will even be better than what is on me (that was how i got to meet my hair dresser anyway).again fashion is changing and evolving.yeaterday it was didi,previously it was lace wig,now its brazillian hair.let her keep up with the trends by learning new hair style.lastly another way is by organising aladies fashion party,make the invitation free for all ladies,you can put swag to it by calling it,a blue carpet event.give it a name like d opening of issabella's beauty shop.you know your target is undergraduate ladies.distribute a flyer so that they can come and show themselves,tell them to dress in a touch of blue.by doing this they will get impressed.you know this is what trips undergraduate girls and ladies.hope you get my drift cheesy come and thank me later o wink
Re: How To Attract Cusstomers To My Wife's Salon by llade(m): 6:01pm On May 03, 2013
Thanks
Re: How To Attract Cusstomers To My Wife's Salon by Nobody: 6:24pm On May 03, 2013
llade: Thanks
yeah you are welcome,i just remembered,she must be fashion conscious too plus why i said you should target undergraduates and working class ladies is because you know undergraduate ladies are ready to spend the whole of their pocket money on hair.they dont mind spending any amount on their hair because they are the ones that attend red carpets,clubs and parties and they have to impress their boyfriends and they are the ones that will call you to do their elder sisters hair for her wedding but married women are burdened with paying their kids school fees,saving,paying house rent etc,so they tend to be more prudent.a working class lady who earns well or an undergraduate is ready to spend 8ok on brazillian hair,a married woman will never do that because she will have other responsibilities.then as for the party i said you should organise,you dont have to kill cow o,you can do small chops with bottles of wine, fruit juice etc .men too should be invited,you know its the men that will pay the bills of their girlfriend as they want to satisfy them since they are still dating.by the way should i come to your saloon and do free brazillian hair :p...anyway i am hust pulling your legs cheesy good luck wink
Re: How To Attract Cusstomers To My Wife's Salon by jeffizy(m): 6:32am On May 04, 2013
Kulyie, what an epistle!
Lol.
Good points though.

In crafts and handiwork, there's just one point. The others are iceing on a cake.

be very good at what you do

I wish you success.

1 Like

Re: How To Attract Cusstomers To My Wife's Salon by Nobody: 8:16am On May 04, 2013
jeffizy: Kulyie, what an epistle!
Lol.
Good points though.

In crafts and handiwork, there's just one point. The others are iceing on a cake.

be very good at what you do

I wish you success.
hahahha cheesy if you see dictionary size nko? How many pages are this.lol,anyway i have told op that his wife has to be good to cheesy
Re: How To Attract Cusstomers To My Wife's Salon by BabaOyo(m): 9:08am On May 04, 2013
@op ....please relax joor, its just 3days now, don't expect serious patronise until after a month.
Although this is a most critical moment too, you need to build good customer relation here, maintain a good standard and generally do all it takes to make them wanna come back and refer you to others.

Adding to what kulyie has said, why not try to do a month promo, lets say if anyone could refer your salon to another customer, he/she gets a 50% discount on their next hairdo. That's something to keep the traffic coming.

You really need that flier, add the promo to it and get it distributed all around. Don't seriously hope on huge turn over right now, that is what discourages a lot if business owners that make them fold up too soon.

If you need more details about your marketing strategy and customer relationship building, you may pm me. Free consulting for you. lol.

Aje a bu'gba je o....amin
Re: How To Attract Cusstomers To My Wife's Salon by vanitty: 11:58am On May 04, 2013
1. Advertise (most important) by word of mouth ( church people, your work people) Fliers, Internet ( Facebook page, Website etc).
2. Be very glossy ( I mean let your shop look the part) : most people unconsciously base their opinion when it comes to beauty on the beauty of the environment!
Let your mirror and light be flattering. Get white fluorescent light.
3. Give incentives that will make people come back meaning FREE stuff, get lipsticks, eye lashes, nail polish etc in bulk (wholesale price) and give it to your customer ( This is not for you to do forever, but just as a starter business)
4. Last but not the least, put it to God in prayers and also remember if your wife is good, it is just a matter of time before she is well known
Re: How To Attract Cusstomers To My Wife's Salon by Nobody: 5:42pm On May 04, 2013
Employ musculaR,Swaggalicious male styists that are good with the job,trust me,that's the only necessary incentive.Add swags like issuing out reciept to any customer that patronises you,let your workers be on uniforM,monthly freebies to customers with a certain number of reciepts should be considered.

1 Like

Re: How To Attract Cusstomers To My Wife's Salon by Nobody: 7:55am On May 05, 2013
byvan: Employ musculaR,Swaggalicious male styists that are good with the job,trust me,that's the only necessary incentive.Add swags like issuing out reciept to any customer that patronises you,let your workers be on uniforM,monthly freebies to customers with a certain number of reciepts should be considered.
@op,she said it all;employ a watsup guy, ones that can deliver,maybe one or 2 and watch as d magic unfolds.give dem free hand to run d biz and pay dem well.u will tell us d result later.I tell u d ladies will do d advert for u!
Re: How To Attract Cusstomers To My Wife's Salon by llade(m): 7:57am On May 06, 2013
Thankz to u al. We av started getting customers. Was impressed dat d barber hs been barbing consistently since wednesday n from saturday we started receiving patronage from ladies. Ma instruction to my workers is for dem to do quality jobs. I think al need to do flyers n al open a fb account for d salon.
Re: How To Attract Cusstomers To My Wife's Salon by Nobody: 1:48pm On May 06, 2013
When you opened, did you give out flyers? Does she have customers before? Did you open the salon @ a good location? Does she charge too much? To attract customers, you need to consider all these, she's just starting. And you know ABJ, they prefer home service,because everybody is security conscience. But i belive if she's good she'll make it.
Re: How To Attract Cusstomers To My Wife's Salon by prdeal: 8:56pm On May 18, 2018
Looking for where to get a good beauty salon? I think this site is better-
http://lushhairnails.com

(1) (Reply)

I'm About To Take A Wrong Decision This Night. / Moji Obasanjo Delivers Baby Boy For New Husband / Is It Proper For Parent To Lie To Their Children When Advicing Them?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.