Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,694 members, 7,823,949 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:00 PM

Do You Think Nairaland Should Start Having News Headlines - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do You Think Nairaland Should Start Having News Headlines (547 Views)

Women Who Want At Least Three Children Should Start Trying By 23 / Rigth Time To Start Having Séx Again After Birth / The Best Age To Start Having Babies. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Think Nairaland Should Start Having News Headlines by Uwadiegwu1: 6:13pm On May 03, 2013
Hello folks,

I have been watching what is going on at the home page of NAIRALAND where people go and post topics/news head lines they found from other websites.For example, you see people go to websites like Guardian and after reading a topic there, they would love Nairalander to share opinions about it. Think of how website like Yahoo started and where the website is now spreading news and this keep changing everyday Just wanted to ask if you think it will benefit this great website (Nairaland) if SEUN should start having news headlines himself? To myself, I think this would be necessary and will bring more traffic to the site. What do you think and your opinion will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your input
Re: Do You Think Nairaland Should Start Having News Headlines by Nobody: 6:20pm On May 03, 2013
nairaland is a forum. that will not make much sense
Re: Do You Think Nairaland Should Start Having News Headlines by Uwadiegwu1: 6:56pm On May 03, 2013
9jadelta: nairaland is a forum. that will not make much sense

Thank you, 9jadelta for sharing your opinion. True, nairaland is a forum and what is a forum compared to what i was talking about? A forum is a place where people have the ability to start communication (in the form of threads) and reply to other people's threads. A member of the community in the forum posts a message, which is visible to everyone in that community. Once read, there is the option to post a reply, which can also be visible to the community. Thus, a discussion can build up without all users having to be online at the same time.

Mind you a forum can have news head lines, this is exactly what users are doing on Nairaland and if you go through the headlines you'll find pages of comments and replies. This will keep the site flowing and fun. Without those topics this place will be a place for "questions and answers" such as how much is a dollar in Nigeria today, how many bags of cements can build a 5 bedroom duplex etc.

For instance, i mentioned Yahoo, yes yahoo does have a forum and news sections. Nairaland can modify the site to become huge/big with facebook link so that when you make comments/post it will appear on facebook and other social network websites etc - This is a matter of API and the site will continue to grow

I have websites i have created and wish i have traffic like nairaland. There are so many ways to take your business to next level. This website is 8yrs and it is going to be like the old Craigslist (never change).

This is just a suggestion. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Re: Do You Think Nairaland Should Start Having News Headlines by Uwadiegwu1: 5:51pm On Jun 15, 2013
Uwadiegwu1: Hello folks,

I have been watching what is going on at the home page of NAIRALAND where people go and post topics/news head lines they found from other websites.For example, you see people go to websites like Guardian and after reading a topic there, they would love Nairalander to share opinions about it. Think of how website like Yahoo started and where the website is now spreading news and this keep changing everyday Just wanted to ask if you think it will benefit this great website (Nairaland) if SEUN should start having news headlines himself? To myself, I think this would be necessary and will bring more traffic to the site. What do you think and your opinion will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your input

Seun what do you have to say? You people bringing news to your site plus link to websites like Guardian and Punch. You can see what Naij.com does.
Re: Do You Think Nairaland Should Start Having News Headlines by tpia1: 2:09am On Aug 19, 2014
maybe, dunno.

(1) (Reply)

Charges Dropped Against A Teen Whose Science Experiment 'bombed' School / What If It Women That Is Paying GROOMING PRICE? / Pls Help,how Can I Hack My E72 By Myself?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.