Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

Is Demand For Payment For Scholarship By NAYEC Genuine? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is Demand For Payment For Scholarship By NAYEC Genuine? (1086 Views)

Bsc, Masters And Phd Scholarship By Norway Government / Is Demand Curve For Off Campus Accommodation In University Exceptional? / 19 Nigerian Students Awarded Scholarship By The Australian Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Demand For Payment For Scholarship By NAYEC Genuine? by Nobody: 11:15pm On May 03, 2013
My ward who is an undergraduate student received mail from the National Youth Empowerment Commission. The mail, however begs some questions.

Here is the content of the mail.
[b]
INVITATION FOR APTITUDE TEST
We are pleased to inform you following your application for the 2012/2013 NAYEC
undergraduate scholarship merit awards that you have been shortlisted among students from
your institution eligible to write the aptitude test from which only successful ones would
eventually benefit.
The scholarship is worth a hundred and fifty thousand naira (N150,000) only per academic year
and would be paid at the beginning of each session to the student throughout his or her duration
of study (except for medical students which would only be for the first five years of study).
However, our team would be coming to all participating schools (departments) anytime from the
10th of July, 2013 to carry out verification of certificates and credentials you have furnished us
with during the course of your application.
Therefore, on acceptance to write the aptitude test you are required to pay a compulsory sum of
two thousand three hundred naira only (N2,300) which would cover for certificate/credentials
verification and preparation of proposed venues for aptitude test (one in each of the six geopolitical
zones). Payments should be made only to the account of the secretary/legal adviser of
the commission.
Mr. Mbagwu Chibuzor (First Bank of Nigeria plc-3059180187)
All payment must be made on or before the 7th of June 2013. Only those whose payment has
been confirmed would be verified and subsequently contacted (via email and/or sms) about
exam date and venue.
You are however required to come to the exam venue only with a coloured copy of this
photocard, the bank payment teller and any identification card/letter as all writing materials
needed and transport subsidy would be provided at the exam venue.
Note:
 Payment is only valid if Bank teller carries full name (surname first) of applicant as the depositor.
 Any error (such as incorrect spelling or order of names, wrong/missing passport etc) on this photocard should be
reported at supports@nayecng.com within 48hours of reception.
Mbagwu, Chibuzor
For Director,
NAYEC.
Ref.: …………………………………….[/b]
Date: …………………………………..
NAY.S/PGPA/LD14
May 1, 2013
Patrons: Mallam Bolaji Abdullahi (Minister of Youth Development),
Prof. (Mrs.) Ruqayatu Ahmed Rufa’i (Minister of Education)
Board: Dr. (Mrs.) Aisha Hassan (Director), Mr. Mbagwu Chibuzor (General Secretary/Legal Adviser

Pls, house, has someone benefitted from this scholarship offer before? Is it mandatory to pay in order to benefit? And why pay into the account of an individual?

1 Like

Re: Is Demand For Payment For Scholarship By NAYEC Genuine? by ebsuguy(m): 11:49pm On May 03, 2013
honor2011....av said it times without counting......NAYEC is a SCAM...such commission dont exist......i applied for it 2yrs ago....and just exactly the iv ur ward got s what i got......to proof t wrong check the ref no of all shortlisted in ur school...u will see dat it is d same....and also...all applied were shortlisted...nd besides u r paying the money into an individual's account....y not the commision f t really exist....up till date...my classmates av not received dia money or invitation for the test....BE WISE
Re: Is Demand For Payment For Scholarship By NAYEC Genuine? by ebsuguy(m): 11:51pm On May 03, 2013
instead of wasting ur money...i will be glad if this chibuzor s prosecuted......it s a financial crime.....u can contact the efcc.....
Re: Is Demand For Payment For Scholarship By NAYEC Genuine? by Kingsleymemeh(m): 5:04am On May 04, 2013
i was the only that applied from my school and my ref no is NAY.S/PGPA/LD06 i know to know if it is genuine

(1) (Reply)

FUTA Et Famu(florida Agricultural And Mech.university) Graduate Collaboration. / East Or West Which Has More Standard Schools In Nigeria? / UNICAL Pulls Out Of ASUU Strike, Resumes Dec 4th

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.