Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,979 members, 7,817,886 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (134) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (828563 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by gfn(m): 5:49pm On Oct 15, 2014
Yommykixz:
Pls some should help me with the IELTS Preparation materials.

Yommykixz@gmail.com

Thanks

SENT!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by HenryIX: 6:07pm On Oct 15, 2014
Hello guys,
I am almost there, Thank God!
I just got a mail from WES that my assessment has been completed and my report sent by mail. As I didn't request shipping by courier, does anyone know how long it will take for the mail to get to me in Lagos.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 6:37pm On Oct 15, 2014
gfn:

WES feels different
Unless its requested from you,you are only meant to evaluate your highest academic degree.
Basically,the evaluation response from your school will state the mode of entry into the university.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by oluladipo: 7:00pm On Oct 15, 2014
Hello fellows. Great platform for sharing information here.
Can I get someone send me IELTS prep. material to
olu.ladipo@yahoo.co.uk
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by meta4(m): 9:20pm On Oct 15, 2014
zeelo2014:

Which NOC are u gong for?

NOC 2131
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by meta4(m): 9:24pm On Oct 15, 2014
Meritl:
Is this your first time of applying for the trancript? If yes, then you need to bug them. I think Engr Okovido is still in charge and he's not an easy person to find on seat. Maybe those Graduate assistants can help you fast track it. If you are in Benin, I'll advice you go there regularly to monitor them. Once you do that, the guy at exams and records is fast at processing things.
you are very correct, 1st time and Okovido has not been found over 1 month. someone is helping me follow up at a cost though. i pray its resolved soonest. this one they keep looking for results manually so. God help me.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by meta4(m): 9:27pm On Oct 15, 2014
damkollins:

As it stands now,both will run concurrently unless another gazette comes out.
The surest thing is that FSW 2014/2015 will continue beyond December 31st,2014.
Cheers

thanks kollins, you always speak hope. i like that.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by azeezbaba(m): 10:52pm On Oct 15, 2014
gfn:
Hello Friends,
If I gained admission into a university via direct entry, hereby being exempted from 1st year, that's is starting my University degree from second year. Do I need to get my Ond transcript across to WES for verification of my University degree?
Time is of the essence here.
Thanks

YES! you have to get your OND transcript too. I know a friend that entered university via direct entry too and WES told him to get his OND transcript. He had to travel to Offa to get his OND transcript sent to WES which made the evaluation longer. But hey, you have no choice than to go to the Polytechnic where that OND was obtained.

The good thing is that you will be evaluated as having 3 year post secondary + another I year again which will increase your total points under Educational Qualification by 1.

Best of luck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Jetspeed: 11:05pm On Oct 15, 2014
yomifowe:

In the checklist, the duration or term of the amount was not specified. So i think you can submit the certificate with the application now

Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by lollipop29: 11:14pm On Oct 15, 2014
Please for those who used ICAS for their ECA and have gotten their report, please I need your imput. They have just updated my file status today to "Application reviewed for completeness and placed in queue for assessment". Please how long would it take for the assessment to be completed ?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Jetspeed: 11:24pm On Oct 15, 2014
azeezbaba:

YES! you have to get your OND transcript too. I know a friend that entered university via direct entry too and WES told him to get his OND transcript. He had to travel to Offa to get his OND transcript sent to WES which made the evaluation longer. But hey, you have no choice than to go to the Polytechnic where that OND was obtained.

The good thing is that you will be evaluated as having 3 year post secondary + another I year again which will increase your total points under Educational Qualification by 1.

Best of luck

correct and on point.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Kevinoh: 12:08am On Oct 16, 2014
Hello dear friends in the house. Please I need to verify if this police report/clearance of a thing is compulsory at this stage? Is there anyone here who didn't submit a police report and has been successfully debited? It may sound like a silly question but pls guys I really need to know cos I don't reside in Lagos and it will be difficult for me to travel and get it at the moment.

Thank you in advance for your swift and kind response.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 5:00am On Oct 16, 2014
Kevinoh:
Hello dear friends in the house. Please I need to verify if this police report/clearance of a thing is compulsory at this stage? Is there anyone here who didn't submit a police report and has been successfully debited? It may sound like a silly question but pls guys I really need to know cos I don't reside in Lagos and it will be difficult for me to travel and get it at the moment.
Thank you in advance for your swift and kind response.
It's not a silly question
Police clearance certificate is not mandatory at submission stage .Local visa office will surely request for it.
Speaking of applicants successfully charged without PCC .....it's uncountable here in Nigeria and globally.Last time i remembered ,I didn't submit PCC too and that hasn't make my application negative .
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by seemples(f): 7:06am On Oct 16, 2014
seemples:
Good people please I need advice...WES sent for confirmation of my transcript to my school over a month now (I asked them) and the school had been insisting they haven't received it.
They claimed they have checked the spam box and every every and nothing. We've been going back and forth on this thing for a while now and I don't really know what to do next, more so, I'm far from the school.
Should I ask WES to resend or sth as I fear they might feel I'm intruding abi influencing the process.

Kindly advise me o abeg.

Oga damkollins abeg na my turn naa, advise me abeg
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Jetspeed: 7:36am On Oct 16, 2014
seemples:

Ask WES to resend to your school.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 8:03am On Oct 16, 2014
seemples:

[b]Its a dark spot btw WES and academic institutions correspondence as academic institutions in Nigeria will always claim ignorance of the receipt of such correspondences.This is partly due to the non functional systems of Nigerian institutions as some if the officials saddled with the responsibility of checking such correspondences fails in their duty.
My advice especially if it's a matter of urgency to you is to send a mail to WES though contactca@wes.org stating your reference number in the tittle of the mail.Let them know your school is yet to receive the verification request and that you would want them to send the verification request to your school through courier and that they should give you options in your account to pay for the sending of the verification cost.
They may not respond on same day.......please send them reminder mail everyday on your request .......they will respond back to you an advice you on how to go about it.
The idea is for you to pay for courier charge to send it to your school.....that way,your school can get it physically and respond to them via email.
Its real and effective in case of emergency .
Apart from that,only send mail to them to resend it if your have the grace to be patient .
Cheers[/b]
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by seemples(f): 8:41am On Oct 16, 2014
Jetspeed:

Ask WES to resend to your school.

Thank you sir
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by seemples(f): 8:43am On Oct 16, 2014
damkollins:

Its a dark spot btw WES and academic institutions correspondence as academic institutions in Nigeria will always claim ignorance of the
The idea is
Apart from that,only send mail to them to resend it if your .
Cheers

Thank you very much my oga.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yomifowe(m): 8:44am On Oct 16, 2014
amazingfortune:
I am very anxious about the timeline of FSWP. I have submitted my application for credential assessment to CES which is taking hell of a time processing it. They have told me it would take 15 weeks which means I would not be able to submit my application before Jan. Would the program continue even after express entry starts? I know there is no change on page 986 of the Gazette. However, Express Entry will start in Jan. Please help.
Damkollins/Solomonize anyone?

Of course the FSWP will continue after January, it end in April provided your NOC is not filled up before then. I would advice you to check the status of your NOC, if it is still very much available, then you can still go ahead.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yomifowe(m): 8:46am On Oct 16, 2014
amazingfortune:
I am very anxious about the timeline of FSWP. I have submitted my application for credential assessment to CES which is taking hell of a time processing it. They have told me it would take 15 weeks which means I would not be able to submit my application before Jan. Would the program continue even after express entry starts? I know there is no change on page 986 of the Gazette. However, Express Entry will start in Jan. Please help.
Damkollins/Solomonize anyone

Of course the FSWP will continue after January, it end in April provided your NOC is not filled up before then. I would advice you to check the status of your NOC, if it is still very much available, then you can still go ahead.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yomifowe(m): 8:50am On Oct 16, 2014
meritoz:
Hello house, pls I want to know whether some NOC were specified or all d NOC's in d document for one to apply.

And also I studied Banking n Finance, but I have experience of 3yrs in customer service in Telecom sector. What's my take.

Can I change my payment mode from draft to online for my ielst exam?

Kindly advice.

@Damkollins/Solomomwise

These are the occupations that are eligible to apply (100 occupations).

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/complete-applications.asp
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yomfad(m): 9:21am On Oct 16, 2014
seemples:

Hi, same happened to me. I had to write Wes to resend the confirmation and get me informed. this they did within 2 days. Best of luck
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Jingiri: 9:22am On Oct 16, 2014
Good day to you my fellow nairalanders.I need someone to assist me with ielts preparatory training materials.You can send it through dis email-rasaq.kehinde@yahoo.com.Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by seemples(f): 9:26am On Oct 16, 2014
yomfad:

Hi, same happened to me. I had to write Wes to resend the confirmation and get me informed. this they did within 2 days. Best of luck

Thank you Yomfad. I just did.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yomifowe(m): 9:28am On Oct 16, 2014
highburygonner:
Morning house, I apply for ECA through WES in September and have sent my credentials which they acknowledged but my school is yet to send my TRANSCRIPT. in fact they will send the transcript today. This morning I checked my account with WES and they wrote "waiting verification from institution" does it mean that they have sent email to my school without the transcript? Or what does it mean?

I dont think you have anything to worry about. The document to be verified is your credentials since those ones are from you. Your transcript is from the school so it doesnt need verification again.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yomifowe(m): 10:28am On Oct 16, 2014
damkollins:

[b]Its a dark spot btw WES and academic institutions correspondence as academic institutions in Nigeria will always claim ignorance of the receipt of such correspondences.This is partly due to the non functional systems of Nigerian institutions as some if the officials saddled with the responsibility of checking such correspondences fails in their duty.
My advice especially if it's a matter of urgency to you is to send a mail to WES though contactca@wes.org stating your reference number in the tittle of the mail.Let them know your school is yet to receive the verification request and that you would want them to send the verification request to your school through courier and that they should give you options in your account to pay for the sending of the verification cost.
They may not respond on same day.......please send them reminder mail everyday on your request .......they will respond back to you an advice you on how to go about it.
The idea is for you to pay for courier charge to send it to your school.....that way,your school can get it physically and respond to them via email.
Apart from that,only send mail to them to resend it if your have the grace to be patient .
Cheers[/b]

Oga damkollins, i duff my hat for you o. You too much. Thanks, God bless you

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by iykedare(m): 12:34pm On Oct 16, 2014
oga damkollins,

Will I be safe to send just my pgd(civil engineering) transcript to WES since that is my highest qualification? What point will that get me?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by qs101: 12:38pm On Oct 16, 2014
Hello, this is a very educative thread, thanks to all the contributors. Please, I want to know what I should write as my occupation. My current title at work (as stated on my employment letter and reference letter) is System Analyst, but my job roles are those of Database Analyst. Can I put System Analyst in my form and write the NOC Code of Database Analyst and Administrators?

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by siouxe: 2:11pm On Oct 16, 2014
in my original application, i indicated my wife as non-accompanying. Can i update my application in the local vo and make my wife as accompanying by attaching an updated form and the desired payment for processing.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Jingiri: 2:41pm On Oct 16, 2014
please i need urgent response now.am filling wes online form,which payment i should click on.they have 245dollars,150d0llars.210dollars and 115 dollars.which one i should choose for canada application.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yomifowe(m): 3:09pm On Oct 16, 2014
Jingiri:
please i need urgent response now.am filling wes online form,which payment i should click on.they have 245dollars,150d0llars.210dollars and 115 dollars.which one i should choose for canada application.

I believe your order would depend on the amount you would pay, for instance the type of evaluation you choose, postage type (regular mail or express) etc would determine the price that would show up. I advice you either go through the options properly or copy a screenshot here.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 3:13pm On Oct 16, 2014
yomifowe:

I believe your order would depend on the amount you would pay, for instance the type of evaluation you choose, postage type (regular mail or express) etc would determine the price that would show up. I advice you either go through the options properly or copy a screenshot here.
That guy is not near the proper fswp link...there are only two options...299 and 203 dollar. These costs are there and he should check if his school is on the Nigerian school list oh.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (322)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.