Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,670 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:28 PM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (144) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (828787 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 12:57pm On Oct 29, 2014
tola73:
Guys please I need your help. Went to GTB onyijolemi yesterday to request for draft. Only for them to test me that due to technical issue all draft in Canadian dollar cannot be issue now until further notice. Please what can I do? I don't want to use credit or debit card
Get a friend in Canada or member whose relative is.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 1:05pm On Oct 29, 2014
scrollmeout:

A very big thank you to you Damkollins. You have done it again! Not only have you given me renewed hope, you have shared your personal experience with me and the rest of the house, may God bless you abundantly. I was about to pick a hole in your suggestion but i realised that you were right after all.
You know i told the house that i sent two applications before now. The 1st was returned because as a newbie, spurred on by my siblings OZ success, i forgot to include Accra as VO and 1150 CAD instead of 1250CAD as payment sum.
I sent the second 3 weeks later after realizing my folly, this time i sent a COPY of my IELTS and a cover letter explaining reasons but still no success.
I'm quite positive that this your approach will work. Thank you. I'll keep the house posted on my experience.
I think ur problem lies in the IELTS. No originals no processing... but ur explanation that you didn't receive it back from them...should set u free. Sometimes, CIC do not send it back with other paperwork or misplace it and acknowledge that by accepting your explanation.

Pple should always make and keep a copy of any documents they send.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yomifowe(m): 1:07pm On Oct 29, 2014
scrollmeout:

It is good to know that you still care. Well, to say i am worried or tense is a big understatement. I was hoping Solomonwis could also lend his voice to this big challenge i am facing, but it seems he has been busy on his project. A big thank you to Damkollins and the rest of the house for your responses thus far.
Remember my application was received on June 30, 2014. but July 9 CC applicants are being debited. On a lighter note, grin Since my profession involves problem solving, i worked out a few scenarios so as to find a solution.

SCENARIO 1
Hotter NOCs 1112 were given attention so they could reach the cap faster. I soon realised however that other NOCs were still being charged including mine, albeit sparingly.

SCENARIO 2
I also thought my Debit card was the problem, but i since found out from my bank that no attempt has been made by CIC to charge it

SCENARIO 3
My application was misplaced. I used to DHL tracking number to track it and found that it was actually received but the name of the official who received it wasn't logged. I also found out that some applications with the same cases did not have problems.

SCENARIO 4
The recent shooting disrupted CIC activities hence the reason for the delay, but alas, they soon resumed to business as usual.

OTHER ACTIONS TAKEN
I called British council to find out if i could request for another TRF but was told that they do not give more than one copy to test takers, they can only send a copy directly to Canada at a cost of N10,000. This of course means that it will not go with my application. this process is not guaranteed.

I called a customer care line +1 613 944 4000 to ask about my application but the agent told me he has no information about FSWP even though i was told he helped some callers some days ago.

I used my UCI to find out from the website, but since i haven't been charged the reply was null.

Lastly, i sent a Case specific enquiry to CIO but responses usually take between 30 - 45 days, at which point it may be too late to apply on this stream. I prefer not to wait for EE because i am not sure it may be easier.

What do i do? This stage is crucial to me because i am about to make some decisions that would be impacted if my PR is issued in a year or two.

I still think its too early to start getting afraid. Just relax and have faith. If you can't bear the pressure, then go on with Damkollin's advice.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by scrollmeout(m): 2:09pm On Oct 29, 2014
ferdimako:

I think ur problem lies in the IELTS. No originals no processing... but ur explanation that you didn't receive it back from them...should set u free. Sometimes, CIC do not send it back with other paperwork or misplace it and acknowledge that by accepting your explanation.

Pple should always make and keep a copy of any documents they send.
damkollins:

[b]Though you sent photocopy with your 2nd application ,the non inclusion of the original copy may be responsible for non charging of your credit card if it wasn't included.What happened to your first application?Did you receive it back?
What of the IELTS inserted in it?
If you want to send this,make sure you are on British council trail to insert it as they can forget.....yes they can forget it.
One story i skipped in my experience in my penultimate post is that British council forgot to insert my IELTS in my second application which ofcourse was returned too.In my second which British sent on my behalf ,i did not include photocopy and the cover letter but in my third application package,i included the photocopy of my IELTS result with the cover letter .....and i made sure a high ranking official personally gave me assurance to supervise the inclusion of my IELTS result.
Ofcourse ....i got my second application back and British council indeed failed to insert my original copy of my IELTS result ..........I'm telling you this so that you will not rely on British council to insert your original copy of your IELTS result.They failed me in the first time so i have to put a lot of pressure on them the second time.
Wish you well .
Cheers[/b].

Ferdimako, it seems you don't understand the details. I have a copy of my Ielts, it is still with me. what Damkollins and I are saying is that CIC does not acknowledge copies of documents when they ask for originals hence the need to obtain another original from BC.

Damkollins, the first IELTS report was sent along with the 30th June application. I know a lady at PH BC, i will plead with her and follow up to ensure they include it.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 2:14pm On Oct 29, 2014
scrollmeout:

Ferdimako, it seems you don't understand the details. I have a copy of my Ielts, it is still with me. what Damkollins and I are saying is that CIC does not acknowledge copies of documents when they ask for originals hence the need to obtain another original from BC.

Damkollins, the first IELTS report was sent along with the 30th June application. I know a lady at PH BC, i will plead with her and follow up to ensure they include it.
Please ,plead with the lady to ensure it is inserted .
It can be mentally tormenting when you realized that you were denied because of the mistake of a supposed perfect system of British council .
Cheers

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by samakh: 3:00pm On Oct 29, 2014
No, I don't live in Nigeria.

The problem I am facing is with documents which will prove that we are siblings. Father name is not mentioned on his Canadian Passport. It is however mentioned on other local documents but all of them carry incorrect date of birth.

So, will it affect my case badly to submit those documents which have his wrong date of birth but adequately prove that we are siblings?

ferdimako:

Use ur brother's Canadian details and documents for your 5pts claims. Don't worry abt what he had in Nigeria.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by tola73(m): 4:15pm On Oct 29, 2014
Thanks ferdimako. I will use my visa credit card. But while filling the form, where I have expiry date of card I put 01 for month but its only 1 that shows eventually without the zero in front. I hope its okay. I plan to submit tomorrow. Your advice is much welcome Ferdimako and Damkollins
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 4:23pm On Oct 29, 2014
samakh:
No, I don't live in Nigeria.

The problem I am facing is with documents which will prove that we are siblings. Father name is not mentioned on his Canadian Passport. It is however mentioned on other local documents but all of them carry incorrect date of birth.

So, will it affect my case badly to submit those documents which have his wrong date of birth but adequately prove that we are siblings?

I don't know what you are saying. I thought you wanna apply for fswp and ur brother is in Canada and u wld like to claim 5 points from him. I really don't understand you.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 4:26pm On Oct 29, 2014
tola73:
Thanks ferdimako. I will use my visa credit card. But while filling the form, where I have expiry date of card I put 01 for month but its only 1 that shows eventually without the zero in front. I hope its okay. I plan to submit tomorrow. Your advice is much welcome Ferdimako and Damkollins
Don't u want to do use DD any more? See switching!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by scrollmeout(m): 4:28pm On Oct 29, 2014
Hello house,

This question is meant for anyone who has successfully made a GTBank DD draft. What should be the Beneficial Address? I guess the Beneficiary should be "Receiver General for Canada". I'm making an online request to be picked up by proxy.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 4:32pm On Oct 29, 2014
scrollmeout:

I understood everything. CIC was supposed to have sent it back after rejection, if they didn't, u write an explanation, if you think that was y ur DC isn't debited and the package is not back...repackage and pay and ensure BC adds another original trf. And send off on ur behalf after u have paid d courier pple...u may use ur GT MasterCard or DD.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 4:35pm On Oct 29, 2014
tola73:
I really do not know your NOC or how hot it is.
If it is not among the hot NOCs and you really don't want to stop praying and fasting for your credit/debit cards other to have issues with CIC,I'll advice that you wait till next week ....from my experience ,the issues they are having will soon be resolved .
If you are confident your card won't have issues with CIC,use it.
For where you put 01...which chnges to 1,its fine.......his is the way the fee form is designed .
But if you're like me who doesn't want to get worried after sending it,use black ink to fill the portion and write it with your black pen.
It's acceptable to use black ink/pen to fill CIC forms.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 4:35pm On Oct 29, 2014
scrollmeout:
Hello house,

This question is meant for anyone who has successfully made a GTBank DD draft. What should be the Beneficial Address? I guess the Beneficiary should be "Receiver General for Canada". I'm making an online request to be picked up by proxy.

Thanks
What about what tola73 said? Although, she is backing DC now!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 4:37pm On Oct 29, 2014
scrollmeout:
Hello house,
Thanks
Yes .....
RECEIVER GENERAL FOR CANADA.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 4:41pm On Oct 29, 2014
scrollmeout:
Hello house,
Thanks
One last advice ,look for a neutral person to help scrutinize your forms for possible errors you may have overlooked .
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by tola73(m): 4:52pm On Oct 29, 2014
Damkollins my NOC is 0113 purchasing manager is currently at 64
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by scrollmeout(m): 4:59pm On Oct 29, 2014
damkollins:

One last advice ,look for a neutral person to help scrutinize your forms for possible errors you may have overlooked .
Cheers

What about the beneficiary address? Hope you wouldn't mind checking my application for me grin
ferdimako:

What about what tola73 said? Although, she is backing DC now!
Ferdimako, i have already arranged for someone in Lagos to go to GTB on my behalf. He will tell them i want to do raise it online.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 5:02pm On Oct 29, 2014
tola73:
Damkollins my NOC is 0113 purchasing manager is currently at 64
You may slow down .....your NOC will probably notable filled up till the end of the program.........that is if you want to use demand draft.
But if you're confident your card is fine ,send your application package immediately ..........many Nigerians has been successful with credit/debit card usage so don't be scared .
The only advantage of demand draft is that you're sure you will never have any payment issues whatsoever....and to me,its the best assurance.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 5:02pm On Oct 29, 2014
scrollmeout:

What about the beneficiary address? Hope you wouldn't mind checking my application for me grin
Ferdimako, i have already arranged for someone in Lagos to go to GTB on my behalf. He will tell them i want to do raise it online.
Good luck, Buddy! This is what we do for folks who don't live here. You're doing the right things!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 5:07pm On Oct 29, 2014
scrollmeout:

Put the normal address of CIC to it ....it's actually needed only for documentation purpose .
Just write the usual courier address.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 5:25pm On Oct 29, 2014
scrollmeout:

It is good to know that you still care. Well, to say i am worried or tense is a big understatement. I was hoping Solomonwis could also lend his voice to this big challenge i am facing, but it seems he has been busy on his project. A big thank you to Damkollins and the rest of the house for your responses thus far.
Remember my application was received on June 30, 2014. but July 9 CC applicants are being debited. On a lighter note, grin Since my profession involves problem solving, i worked out a few scenarios so as to find a solution.

SCENARIO 1
Hotter NOCs 1112 were given attention so they could reach the cap faster. I soon realised however that other NOCs were still being charged including mine, albeit sparingly.

SCENARIO 2
I also thought my Debit card was the problem, but i since found out from my bank that no attempt has been made by CIC to charge it

SCENARIO 3
My application was misplaced. I used to DHL tracking number to track it and found that it was actually received but the name of the official who received it wasn't logged. I also found out that some applications with the same cases did not have problems.

SCENARIO 4
The recent shooting disrupted CIC activities hence the reason for the delay, but alas, they soon resumed to business as usual.

OTHER ACTIONS TAKEN
I called British council to find out if i could request for another TRF but was told that they do not give more than one copy to test takers, they can only send a copy directly to Canada at a cost of N10,000. This of course means that it will not go with my application. this process is not guaranteed.

I called a customer care line +1 613 944 4000 to ask about my application but the agent told me he has no information about FSWP even though i was told he helped some callers some days ago.

I used my UCI to find out from the website, but since i haven't been charged the reply was null.

Lastly, i sent a Case specific enquiry to CIO but responses usually take between 30 - 45 days, at which point it may be too late to apply on this stream. I prefer not to wait for EE because i am not sure it may be easier.

What do i do? This stage is crucial to me because i am about to make some decisions that would be impacted if my PR is issued in a year or two.

Call me a die-hard optimist,if you will, but I have a strong feeling your CC will be charged pretty soon....
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by okejji: 5:27pm On Oct 29, 2014
tola73:

It is ok. The form doesnt show 0. There is no problem. Go and submit. Before you submit go tru the form again and again.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Slya: 5:28pm On Oct 29, 2014
damkollins:

Congrats buddy on the receipt of your medical request.
1.You will receive your medical form in approximately 24hrs firm the receipt of your medical request mail.At most,you should get it btw 24 and 48hrs after your medical request mail.Surely ,the link to the hospitals will be sent to you,once you pick Nigeria ,you will see the designated hospitals.
2.RPRF fees are paid for specifically for applicants and wifey who are 18yrs and above .If have a child above 18,RPRF will be paid for such.If not,only you and spouse will pay it.
3.Yes....you can get it the PCC done under 5hrs at Alagbon .
4.In Gtbank,if you go to Oyin Jolayemi branch as early as 8 or 9am,you will get it done within 4 hrs .....not sure of other banks.
5.Just basic urine test,HIV test and Xray test and other minor tests.Once you get the link to the hospitals ,call their contacts to have an elaborate view of tests to be done.
Cheers

Many thanks Damkolins. Please one more question. Can anyone pls confirm that myself and spouse need to do the PCC.

Thanks for your assistance.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 5:40pm On Oct 29, 2014
Slya:

Many thanks Damkolins. Please one more question. Can anyone pls confirm that myself and spouse need to do the PCC.

Thanks for your assistance.
Sure ....yes ....
I'm sure your spouse is 18 years and above .
If so.....yes.
If younger .....no.........Lolz grin
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yomifowe(m): 5:57pm On Oct 29, 2014
solomonwis:

Call me a die-hard optimist,if you will, but I have a strong feeling your CC will be charged pretty soon....

I think so too.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yomifowe(m): 5:58pm On Oct 29, 2014
damkollins:

Sure ....yes ....
I'm sure your spouse is 18 years and above .
If so.....yes.
If younger .....no.........Lolz grin
Cheers.

grin
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by scrollmeout(m): 6:56pm On Oct 29, 2014
yomifowe:

I think so too.

Well I wish I could share your optimism. My skepticism is bourne out of the fact that even some may and early June applicants are yet to get word about their application.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 7:26pm On Oct 29, 2014
scrollmeout:

Well I wish I could share your optimism. My skepticism is bourne out of the fact that even some may and early June applicants are yet to get word about their application.
You meant u should...
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by meta4(m): 9:31pm On Oct 29, 2014
just got a message from my dept that they can't find one of my results. hence the delay in processing my transcript. Helloooo, how did i graduate then and awarded certificate? is that my business now if they can't keep their records?
I don't know what to do now, i need advise please. i wanted to write to the registrar and rubbish them but someone is advising me not to. what do you think House?
this is my only requirement needed before i submit. my plans to submit at the end of Nov looks slim now no thanks to Uniben.
i need urgent advise please.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 10:13pm On Oct 29, 2014
meta4:
just got a message from my dept that they can't find one of my results. hence the delay in processing my transcript. Helloooo, how did i graduate then and awarded certificate? is that my business now if they can't keep their records?
I don't know what to do now, i need advise please. i wanted to write to the registrar and rubbish them but someone is advising me not to. what do you think House?
this is my only requirement needed before i submit. my plans to submit at the end of Nov looks slim now no thanks to Uniben.
i need urgent advise please.
Go show the result of the missing course. It is a good thing u know. Some pple find out from evaluation bodies.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by scrollmeout(m): 10:14pm On Oct 29, 2014
Damkollins, Ferdimako

Sorry that I'm still on your case. I just want to ask
Once I purchase the draft, I am debited right? so what happens if CIC doesn't encash it for one reason or it gets misplaced, what happens to my money? Also, what if my earlier CC gets charged (as yomifowe and solomonwis have opined) after i send this app, will I get a chance to claim my DD funds?
Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 10:25pm On Oct 29, 2014
scrollmeout:
Damkollins, Ferdimako

Sorry that I'm still on your case. I just want to ask
Once I purchase the draft, I am debited right? so what happens if CIC doesn't encash it for one reason or it gets misplaced, what happens to my money?
Thanks
go back to a page or two...that was addressed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (322)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.