Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,162 members, 7,825,635 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (160) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (829356 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ken1982: 11:34am On Nov 20, 2014
In terms of transcript do I need my bsc or can I use my professional certificate in hse
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 11:45am On Nov 20, 2014
HenryIX:
My ECA came by post yesterday since oct 15th that it was sent (that is about 35 days). Unfortunately, I had ordered another copy from WES which I got on monday. I guessed I should have exercised more patience.
Well, I am ready to send my application.
Just to be sure, is the address below correct. I am sending by courier.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Federal Skilled Worker
NOC Category
Primary NOC 2011 Code: 0111
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2
Canada
Yes...
The address is correct.....will be at the middle of the envelope.
Don't forget your name,address and postal code at the top left corner of the same envelope.
Wish you the best.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by guy1234: 11:56am On Nov 20, 2014
Hello guys, good day to you.I have an issue on the Proof of Funds. I submitted my application by september 19th, but as at this moment, my account balance is lower than the stipulated minimum.

Please wen is the POF verified, is it at cic before the application charge is deducted, or at the accra visa office?

Please can someone help with the timeline, am making all efforts to replenish the account though. Waiting for your responses.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by guy1234: 12:01pm On Nov 20, 2014
damkollins:

Yes...
Don't forget your name,address and postal code at the top left corner of the same envelope.
Wish you the best.
Cheers.

Hi DAMKOLLINS,

I sent my application to same address, but as at this moment, I cant remember if I put my name and address at the top left corner. Sweating profusely here now. I submitted in mid september. Hope this can't amount to a rejection?

I sent by courier, but my details is on the waybill..
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 12:16pm On Nov 20, 2014
guy1234:

Hi DAMKOLLINS,
I sent my application to same address, but as at this moment, I cant remember if I put my name and address at the top left corner. Sweating profusely here now. I submitted in mid september. Hope this can't amount to a rejection?
I sent by courier, but my details is on the waybill..
Its not a reason for rejection or denial.
You will be fine with this little mistake....
Just calm down.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by HenryIX: 12:18pm On Nov 20, 2014
damkollins:

Yes...
Wish you the best.
Cheers.

Yes I did. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by guy1234: 12:19pm On Nov 20, 2014
damkollins:

Its not a reason for rejection or denial.
You will be fine with this little mistake....
Just calm down.
Cheers.

Thanks bro,

Can you please help me address the POF issue I raised earlier:
"
"Hello guys, good day to you.I have an issue on the Proof of Funds. I submitted my application by september 19th, but as at this moment, my account balance is lower than the stipulated minimum.

Please wen is the POF verified, is it at cic before the application charge is deducted, or at the accra visa office?

Please can someone help with the timeline, am making all efforts to replenish the account though. Waiting for your responses.

Thanks""
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 12:25pm On Nov 20, 2014
ken1982:
Hello guys...I live n work in dubai....just want to ask a few questions

I hv a professional certificate in health n safety. UK accredited...do i need to do ielts ?

Also I work as a safety officer with Siemens uae ...

How do I go about immigration to Canada
To start with,IELTS is compulsory no matter your certification or qualification.
To know how to go,start by determining your eligibility from the link below.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bal2012002(m): 12:25pm On Nov 20, 2014
solomonwis:

For POF,your local bank statement is all you need and you can use www.oanda.com for the calculation of the CAD equivalent. Howver,you should make allowance for exchange fluctuation.

thanks for the response.
am actually planning to use a fixed deposit certificate because the money will be in the account for just a week before submitting.
hope a fcmb visa that i have already used for online transaction in paying for my wes will be okay.
many thanks.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 12:30pm On Nov 20, 2014
guy1234:

Thanks bro,

"
"Hello guys, good day to you.I have an issue on the Proof of Funds. I submitted my application by september 19th, but as at this moment, my account balance is lower than the stipulated minimum.

Thanks""
It is first done at the CIC level before Accra.
If the reduction is not too much(may be btw 10% and 20% reduction),I'm sure it will not be a problem as this can be attributed to currency exchange rate fluctuation.
I always tell applicants to add about 10% or 20% extra coz of fluctuation in currency.
I'm sure you will be fine but be rest assured that Accra will first attack you with update of proof of fund.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yomifowe(m): 2:05pm On Nov 20, 2014
Congrats Damkollins on your passport request. You have been so very helpful and you are always positive no matter the situation. May God continue to bless and prosper your ways. People like you are hard to find but thank God we found you on this thread. I am rest assured that when you get to Canada, you ll not forget your own people.

Accept my hearty congratulations.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by okejji: 2:24pm On Nov 20, 2014
guy1234:

Thanks bro,

"

Thanks""

Hello u dont need to panick about pof. Just make sure money goes thru your account constantly. Let their be a flow of cash. Definetly you have to use ur money but make sure you have the money and a liitle above it before your medical request. At MR they usually asked for updated pof. Even after ur charged and send ur PER. U will nt be asked. The only time they ask is during MR. As said ealier flow of money in ur account
The issue if they will verify is out of place no one has the right to verify ur account. What they do is that they go tru ur account details u submitted initially or any asked afther to check if u have the stipulated amount. If they are convenced they dont send updated pof. But if nt updated pof. In my case they didnt send me updated pof. I am a 2013 applcant and hav done my medicals waiting for passport request.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by shopaker: 3:08pm On Nov 20, 2014
A very big congratulations to you Dam Kollins,more success ahead.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 4:17pm On Nov 20, 2014
okejji:

Hello u dont need to panick about pof. Just make sure money goes thru your account constantly. Let their be a flow of cash. Definetly you have to use ur money but make sure you have the money and a liitle above it before your medical request. At MR they usually asked for updated pof. Even after ur charged and send ur PER. U will nt be asked. The only time they ask is during MR. As said ealier flow of money in ur account
The issue if they will verify is out of place no one has the right to verify ur account. What they do is that they go tru ur account details u submitted initially or any asked afther to check if u have the stipulated amount. If they are convenced they dont send updated pof. But if nt updated pof. In my case they didnt send me updated pof. I am a 2013 applcant and hav done my medicals waiting for passport request.
I beg to disagree, visa office has every right to verify anything if they want to including accounts and past/present employers if they want to. They have done it in the past with previous MI's so I see no reason why they can't now. I have also worked in banks both in the UK and Nigeria and we do receive request in both countries from various embassies including Canada. There is a way they go about not violating the data protection act using true/false statements.

I advise he keeps is money up to date. If people have done that for times when processing times were 3years, it should be easier now that processing time has been reduced greatly.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by guy1234: 4:20pm On Nov 20, 2014
okejji:

Thanks bro,
Was about to panick, There's constant flow in the account though, I just dont want to be caught unawares, if they request I can always fund it, but there are times the actual balance falls below the POF minimum.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 4:23pm On Nov 20, 2014
guy1234:

Thanks bro,
Was about to panick, There's constant flow in the account though, I just dont want to be caught unawares, if they request I can always fund it, but there are times the actual balance falls below the POF minimum.
The good thing about CIC is that if your balance fall short of the required amount, they would give you a chance to provide updated pof so you don't really have to panic.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by guy1234: 4:26pm On Nov 20, 2014
saxywale:

I beg to disagree, visa office has every right to verify anything if they want to including accounts and past/present employers if they want to. They have done it in the past with previous MI's so I see no reason why they can't now. I have also worked in banks both in the UK and Nigeria and we do receive request in both countries from various embassies including Canada. There is a way they go about not violating the data protection act using true/false statements.

I advise he keeps is money up to date. If people have done that for times when processing times were 3years, it should be easier now that processing time has been reduced greatly.

@saxywale,
From your experience, what exactly do they verify? is it the balance or that the account details belong to the applicant? About the updated POF would it be at the request of the CIC or the Accra VO
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 4:44pm On Nov 20, 2014
guy1234:

@saxywale,
From your experience, what exactly do they verify? is it the balance or that the account details belong to the applicant?
like i said, true/false statement is used and it covers everything...Series of questions are asked with intro letter. e.g Does Bleep account number exist and belongs to xxxx. bank official answers true or false. On the xxth of November, xxxx amount was debited/credited, bank official answers true/false e.t.c. it takes only a few minutes.
If everything is okay, they just request for updated balance if pof has reduced.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zeelo2014: 5:15pm On Nov 20, 2014
saxywale:

like i said, true/false statement is used and it covers everything...Series of questions are asked with intro letter. e.g Does Bleep account number exist and belongs to xxxx. bank official answers true or false. On the xxth of November, xxxx amount was debited/credited, bank official answers true/false e.t.c. it takes only a few minutes.
If everything is okay, they just request for updated balance if pof has reduced.
what of in my case where I regularly buy treasury bills and leave little funds as balance, what will be the bank's response when asked about my balance?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 5:26pm On Nov 20, 2014
saxywale:

Nobody gives out ur bank details and transactions without ur consent.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ken1982: 6:03pm On Nov 20, 2014
damkollins:

To start with,IELTS is compulsory no matter your certification or qualification.
To know how to go,start by determining your eligibility from the link below.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp
Cheers.

I already determined it and was asked to apply for open permit or something like that...so really what's d deal...does it take time n like how much is d cost .fr the process...will they ask .fr proof of funds or just bank statement
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by okejji: 6:03pm On Nov 20, 2014
ferdimako:

You re very right. It is not ethical. You cant access someone acct without your consent.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by okejji: 6:10pm On Nov 20, 2014
zeelo2014:

what of in my case where I regularly buy treasury bills and leave little funds as balance, what will be the bank's response when asked about my balance?

No body has the right to verify ur aacount without ur consent. You can ask a banker. The reason why they ask for statement of account is to study it carefully to ensure that you didnt borrow the money. Why ask you to provide bank statement of aact while they can just ask you for only ur acct number to verify. So they dont have the right to verify without ur consent.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ken1982: 6:10pm On Nov 20, 2014
Also please how much is d pof supposed to b
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by AceOak: 7:47pm On Nov 20, 2014
My brother kollins, congratulations are in order, you truly deserve this exceeding favour from God.
My people , naira dey fall ohhh sad thinking of changing my POF to dollars to safe guard against this undecided
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 10:03pm On Nov 20, 2014
ferdimako:

so when you submitted your application with your signature...have you not given out your consent for CIC to poke nose into your personal details? Embassies even visit employers not to mention something as simple as verifying account details. In the UK where you have tough dpa, they go around it not to mention half baked regulated Nigerian banks.
did you also not read where I said the true / false method does not in anyway violate dpa. In fact, the bank official won't even mention your name or reply with any document including your name.......
Dude... I didn't just work in a bank, I rose to an high position too in the regulatory risk and compliance dept. So I know what I am saying.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 10:12pm On Nov 20, 2014
okejji:

No body has the right to verify ur aacount without ur consent. You can ask a banker. The reason why they ask for statement of account is to study it carefully to ensure that you didnt borrow the money. Why ask you to provide bank statement of aact while they can just ask you for only ur acct number to verify. So they dont have the right to verify without ur consent.
so if they ask for just the account number, how would they verify the account belongs to you or you have the minimum pof Of course your branch officer would tell you they can't have your details cos he/she is just a clerk in a bank.

so you can swear you have never heard of someone denied visas because he/she submitted dodgy bank documents?

Cos some get away with it doesn't mean others will. If you application is randomly selected for quality assurance purpose, it's not gonna fly.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 10:33pm On Nov 20, 2014
ferdimako:

okejji:

You really don't need to work in a bank to understand this simple logic....Bank information as supplied by applicants can be verified {It has been done before and can still be done}.

Please do not create an impression in the mind of would-be applicants that they can submit anything as proof of fund because "Nobody gives out ur bank details and transactions without ur consent".

Embassies do verify ALL the details supplied by applicants,bank statement/balance is no exception.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 10:35pm On Nov 20, 2014
zeelo2014:

when the time comes, they may or may not request for updated pof. in my case, I was never asked for an updated pof even though my application took over 2years. The initial pof of my family of three was all I submitted at the application stage. Of course I used the pof at a point but I returned it when mr/updated pof emails were being sent out to guys that had similar time lines as mine.

Also I completed landing procedures with less than the required amount, I had only $10k instead of over $13k needed for a family of 3. The border official in Canada just told me to show him the money but never queried why I had less than the amount required.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by akanni(m): 10:44pm On Nov 20, 2014
house, i need your help, i want to submit my application now for NOC 1212.I will be going for studies in Canada by January, which VO is best i choose? Accra or Ottawa?
secondly, for the 2 self addressed mailing labels, should the address be Canada where i will be for the next one year?
hope the gurus can assist me please cos i need to decide quickly on this so i can dispatch my application.
gracias
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 10:49pm On Nov 20, 2014
solomonwis:

You really don't need to work in a bank to understand this simple logic....Bank information as supplied by applicants can be verified {It has been done before and can still be done}.

Please do not create an impression in the mind of would-be applicants that they can submit anything as proof of fund because "Nobody gives out ur bank details and transactions without ur consent".

Embassies do verify ALL the details supplied by applicants,bank statement/balance is no exception.
It has nothing to do with making new pple to lie or forge. They can't verify any account details. It doesn't mean they can't detect a fake one when that shows up.

Pple will still misrepresent if they want but they bear the brunt of d fall-outs if and when caught.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 10:55pm On Nov 20, 2014
ferdimako:

It has nothing to do with making new pple to lie or forge. They can't verify any account details. It doesn't mean they can't detect a fake one when that shows up.

Pple will still misrepresent if they want but they bear the brunt of d fall-outs if and when caught.

So what are you insinuating? Ask people to present a larger than life picture in their bank statement and risk being banned?

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (322)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.