Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,663 members, 7,816,701 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (263) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (828408 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by sonet: 6:49pm On May 14, 2015
Solomon, collins and the rest. Have tried MPNP but it doesnt work out. Now i want to try school. Kindly advise me on which school in the province of manitoba that can offer 6 to 12mth course.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Bplati: 8:11pm On May 14, 2015
Thanks

JesusDWay:

Your IELTS result is eligible(your hubb's own is better) but there are other factors that are considered. Go to CIC's website to find out the other things that are required - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp. You must also have sufficient funds
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by sharonb: 8:45pm On May 14, 2015
Please, what address should employment letter be addressed to ?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by stello(f): 8:53pm On May 14, 2015
solarmanng:

Have you checked your profile on WES? The reference number should be stated under ORDER LIST once payment has been made. Just logon to their site and check at that particular section. However, it is clearly stated by them that this ref number should be clearly written on the envelop containing your certificates that you will be sending to them. Wishing you all the best!!!

Thanks! Do appreciate the info
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by stello(f): 8:58pm On May 14, 2015
twaintoy:
Are you sure of this? Aren't you gonna send ur transcript and certificates with your ref number boldly written on the packages? How wuld WES know they are from you? Just asking though.

@twaintoy, that was what I thought also

All the same Many thanks @livepluslife
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by abyurla(f): 9:56pm On May 14, 2015
I saw some posts earlier about using pension as proof of funds and i'm interested in pursuing that thought. I really wish it would be admissible, has anyone successfully tendered their Pension statement?
Is it really acceptable because PENCOM Act says "The employee may only withdraw from this account at the age of 50 or upon retirement thereafter". If the CIC guys are not aware of this...can one present it to them?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by tola73(m): 7:23am On May 15, 2015
Kirri:
My ancestors pls come to my rescue

This is the message I received yesterday from British council

Dear Candidate

Your result(IELTS) has been picked for quality assessment and would be available for dispatch soon.
N.B:IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE OUT YESTERDAY..........what do they mean by quality assessment pls

Kindly advice
they normally do random quality check. I guess you must have passed very well too. They will dispatch it once they are through with their check
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by tola73(m): 7:25am On May 15, 2015
abyurla:
I saw some posts earlier about using pension as proof of funds and i'm interested in pursuing that thought. I really wish it would be admissible, has anyone successfully tendered their Pension statement?
Is it really acceptable because PENCOM Act says "The employee may only withdraw from this account at the age of 50 or upon retirement thereafter". If the CIC guys are not aware of this...can one present it to them?
you can only use RSA for CIC, VO will not accept RSA
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by abyurla(f): 7:44am On May 15, 2015
Ok please help me understand the difference in the two stages you just mentioned

In the Express Entry system, At what point after one gets an ITA do they come up

tola73:
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Taiwoabo(f): 8:50am On May 15, 2015
tola73:

Hello, do u think Accra VO will accept fixed deposit later rather than the usual six months bank statement and is it a must that they will surely ask at a later stage? Thanks.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 9:19am On May 15, 2015
JesusDway thanks for your response by the way u knew Eviano Ekelemu?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by sudo1986: 1:49pm On May 15, 2015
damkollins:

You should get your ECA completed latest middle of the month from experience...Congrats.
Get an affidavit to explain the closure of the bank...in the same affidavit,state your job descriptions,annual salary,entry and exit dates,working hours e.t.c
get supporting documents like employment letter,promotion letter,payslips and any documents that can link you with the company....and submit them with your package.
Also,write a cover letter to support your claim.
You will be fine with these.
Cheers.

Bro i wanted to send u message before.
Please when is that Federal Skilled Workers Programme is going to close?

IELTS exam is now 38k. Please how much is WES going to do credentials evaluations for me?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by sudo1986: 2:12pm On May 15, 2015
damkollins:

Your duties matters with respect to your choosen NOC .
If you are able to get your reference letter in either of the NOC,it's perfectly okay.
You know your duties better than anybody .
Sit down and evaluate it....I'm sure you will find your best match with respect to your duties performed.
Cheers

You're indeed too much Mr Collins
I think I need your help personally.
though i just want to do IELTS exams on 30th of this month and I will have my credentials evaluated by WES during the period.

My problem is I graduated form university of education and most of the works I've done are from different department
I've worked as a teacher (6 months teaching practice during NCE, 6months teaching Practice during Degree)
I've worked as a network Administrator (1 yr)
I worked as a manager in computer business centre during my degree (4years)
serving at Anambra State internal revenue service and will finish by July 2 (1 yr). but I am in their Administrative department keeping files and typing documents.
Though I did a professional course in CCNA but didn't do exam cos of financial constraint. But I am such a person that can work in any department. Though I studied Computer Science.

But I dont know which NOC I should choose. Please help me
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by sudo1986: 2:18pm On May 15, 2015
damkollins:

Not sure I really understood your question but as far as I am concerned,you dont need to send anything to the test center.They will contact you about 7 days to the exam date to notify you of the exam venue and where you will do your listening test session.If you are making payment for registration through draft,you may need to contact their office but if not,no need.
You may re-phrase your question if it has not been addressed.
Cheers.

May be the question is.....
do we need to send the test to Canada through our test centre?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by sudo1986: 2:23pm On May 15, 2015
damkollins:

Seems IELTS and WES are two different things....
Please ignore the part you are referring to or just say NO.
For IELTS,you will receive the hard copy result from british council when the result is out.....no need of sending it to any bodies....just ignore it.
For you WES evaluation,you will receive 2 copies of the original ECA when its completed.
You will need both details before you can create your profile on Express entry.At the point of submission after ITA in the express entry stream,you will need them too.
Summary,you are not meant to send them (IELTS and ECA from WES) to anybody....the originals will be with you.
Cheers.

Please bro are we sending statement of result to WES or our transcript that comprises of scores?

How much is WES going to evaluate our result?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by sudo1986: 3:03pm On May 15, 2015
damkollins:

Though I did not understand the statement well....but I think you should go all out later in the morning to top up the amount in your account......because they will surely try it again if its CIC.
Do not take this chance for granted.
Wish you the best.
Cheers.

Which money is CIC deducting na
Meanwhile I am a fresh graduate and dont have anything in my account. Can I use my uncles account?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by sudo1986: 4:38pm On May 15, 2015
[/b][size=8pt][/size][/i][b][/color]

Please is there a deadline for the application of FSWP because I just want to look for money to send my document to WES and I heard it is around $321.

Even if someone will help you.....you should also put something up

Please can I use experience i gathered through NYSC as part of my working experiences.[color=#000099][i]
[/b][color=#000099]

Please is there a deadline for the application of FSWP because I just want to look for money to send my document to WES and I heard it is around $321.

Please can I use experience i gathered through NYSC as part of my working experiences.[/color][i][/i][b]
[color=#000099][/color]

Please can I use experience i gathered through NYSC as part of my working experiences.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by slimmsyyetty: 5:00pm On May 15, 2015
Hello house......

Could anyone pls share his/her IELTS listening skill interview with the examiner. Am tensed.....youknow.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zandora: 5:19pm On May 15, 2015
slimmsyyetty:
Hello house......

Could anyone pls share his/her IELTS listening skill interview with the examiner. Am tensed.....youknow.

Listening isn't with an examiner, it's speaking that's one on one. For listening they just play a tape and you write down the answers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bolinchin: 5:27pm On May 15, 2015
slimmsyyetty:
Hello house......

are u referring to the speaking test?Its okay to be tensed but don't stay tensed,the examiner is not looking forward to failing you.Solid preparation will boost your confidence,practise with any material you can lay your hand on and watch samples on you tube if u haven't done so.I rehearsed over and over before going and I still felt tensed but I Looked away from my feelings and trusted God's ability.part 1is about you,your work,studies and personal details.just be as natural as possible.In part 2 I was asked to discuss someone I know who enjoys dressing well and we also talked about clothe markets in Lagos,telephoning and SMS.I was actually scared about being asked questions I won't be able to talk about.so I visited good luck ielts.com and tried to answer all the question in the speaking part and I sought Google and wikipedia for questions I didn't know.I hope this helps
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by mozo: 6:16pm On May 15, 2015
slimmsyyetty:
Hello house......

Like someone pointed out, The Listening test is not done with an examiner, thats the Speaking test.

For the speaking test an examiner looks out for 3 basic things.

1,Your Natural ability speak fluently. They try to picture you conversing with their citizens

2,Coherency - Your ability to answer questions accurately without digressing (basically stay on the topic being discussed or as my naija people say, no do over sabi..lol)

3, Finally, they want to test your ability to use complex words while discussing/interracting e.t.c

one last thing.. just hand over everything to God.. All the best
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zandora: 7:07pm On May 15, 2015
slimmsyyetty:
Hello house......

Another thing to note is not to study the speaking too much or else you'll sound rehearsed. I studied for listening, writing and reading but didn't even read anything about speaking because I didn't want to come across as being too tensed and in the end I scored the highest in Speaking i.e. 9. My scores were W 7, R 7.5, L 8 and S 9. Just go there, relax and speak like you're speaking to anyone else. Confidence is key. Goodluck smiley

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by slimmsyyetty: 7:17pm On May 15, 2015
Sorry house....

I meant speaking. That's tension 4 u ooo (lolll).
But what if u were asked questions u don't generally have any idea about, what should u do?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by dober(m): 12:38pm On May 16, 2015
I submitted a profile and
it came back as ineligible. I guess I
know where I have made the
mistake, but I cant
edit or delete this failed
profile.
In MyCIC it just has the profile
with an application number
attached and says transmitted and
will only allow me to view the
form.
Is it advisable for me to create
another profile under the
same MyCIC account? Or just sign up for another CIC account.
Please @JesusDway, solomonwis et al...
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by JesusDWay(m): 5:36pm On May 16, 2015
dober:
I submitted a profile and
it came back as ineligible. I guess I
know where I have made the
mistake, but I cant
edit or delete this failed
profile.
In MyCIC it just has the profile
with an application number
attached and says transmitted and
will only allow me to view the
form.
Is it advisable for me to create
another profile under the
same MyCIC account? Or just sign up for another CIC account.
Please @JesusDway, solomonwis et al...

Just create another profile with the existing account, you don't need another MyCIC account
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by dober(m): 6:28pm On May 16, 2015
JesusDWay:

Just create another profile with the existing account, you don't need another MyCIC account
Big thanks. Jesus is the way.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by badenugba: 9:44am On May 17, 2015
For those that have done IELTS, I want to ask a question.
The Listening questions, are they objectives or fill in the gaps ?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by stepo707: 11:14am On May 17, 2015
badenugba:
For those that have done IELTS, I want to ask a question.
The Listening questions, are they objectives or fill in the gaps ?
Both.get practise questions online and practise
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by lavivaavril(f): 4:58pm On May 17, 2015
Hi all, help me pls.

So I've applied for a transcript and I'm about to pay for WES online so I can send the ref number to the person processing the transcript for me. The thing is that I'm in lagos and she's in benin(whr my school is). Am I to send her a copy of my certificate to add in the application or am I to send that to WES separately? That would result in paying for courier twice but how did you guys process yours?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by badenugba: 5:10pm On May 17, 2015
stepo707:

Both.get practise questions online and practise
then one has to be careful of the spellings then
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bolinchin: 5:16pm On May 17, 2015
badenugba:

And adhere strictly to instructions
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by stepo707: 8:05pm On May 17, 2015
badenugba:

Yes ooo.but one can't be too careful

(1) (2) (3) ... (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) ... (322)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.