Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,526 members, 7,826,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (829463 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 6:00pm On Jul 14, 2014
solomonwis: UPDATE!!!

Total received toward the overall cap: 516 of 25,000

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/complete-applications.asp
What do you feel........their work rate is laughable this time!.......an updates of just 11 applications!
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 6:06pm On Jul 14, 2014
yokus: Is there any hope for a lawyer in this highly skilled thing.
I have about 3 lawyers applying under property administrators......NOC 1224.
Just like solomomwise told you,it depends on the work they do.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ANBAKO: 7:11pm On Jul 14, 2014
damkollins:
What do you feel........their work rate is laughable this time!.......an updates of just 11 applications!
Cheers

I think they should be competing with Mikel Obi and a pregnant snail.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by technolee(m): 7:20pm On Jul 14, 2014
ANBAKO:

Only God knows if 20,000 application has been made self! #packagingcontinueswithhope
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 7:34pm On Jul 14, 2014
damkollins:
Cheers

very very laughable...They seem to me to be making a mockery of the processing speed. But believe me,so many people especially the prospective applicants will be happy seeing this slow pace.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 9:05pm On Jul 14, 2014
solomonwis:

very very laughable...They seem to me to be making a mockery of the processing speed. But believe me,so many people especially the prospective applicants will be happy seeing this slow pace.
that's correct Solo. I see the update rate and keep encouraging myself. Perhaps, they are only updating complete applications. What do you think the number should be? 10,000 or completely filled up.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by technolee(m): 9:07pm On Jul 14, 2014
ANBAKO:

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by laftta: 10:06pm On Jul 14, 2014
ferdimako:
Hiya...how studies? CIC Accra or who is dulling u guys. Anyway, I'm focussing on Canny only now on....done with IELTS but will use my master's degree to get a little above d benchmark. So next year it is. My bro will be interviewed @ German Embassy on d 21July.
plz, kindly help me with d practise questn for ielts. my email add
ress is bulusrevival@gmail.com. thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by laftta: 10:18pm On Jul 14, 2014
solomonwis:

pls, i hope is not too late to start the application process and pls what is the address my transcript shld sent to.thank u very much
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by samuel058: 11:10pm On Jul 14, 2014
ferdimako:
Go to a cafe, pull out all on ur flash and study offline on ur laptop or sth. One week of studying away from a workplace is better than one month while working.
@ferdimako, kindly send the ielts material to my mail too: adesam2003@yahoo.com thx
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by 3rdHigh: 11:26pm On Jul 14, 2014
ferdimako:
I got it now...was thinking once u graduate... u belong to NMC only. Yea..most nurses don't tell their mates. Many don't follow up after learning abt it either. How I wish u can contact d one in Oz.

@Ferdimako, pls assist with IELTS materials, my e-mail addi is vifavour@yahoo.com. Thanks for your help
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 6:34am On Jul 15, 2014
laftta:
pls, i hope is not too late to start the application process and pls what is the address my transcript shld sent to.thank u very much
[b]Depending on your NOC or profession ,it's not too late.............infact,start your preparations as soon as you can.
On whereor address to send your transcripts to ,i think you are leaving a step behind.
You need to first visit http://www.wes.org/ca/fswp/index.asp to register your candidateship and pay for the evaluation cost of around $300.
This is the first step...........you can pay the cash with your Nigerian debit or credit card for any of our commercial banks.
After this,a reference number will be given to you .There is also a form "academic transcripts request form " to be downloaded by you and subsequently filled.A portion of the form is also meant to be filled by your academic institution officials saddled with responsibility of releasing your transcripts .This form nd your official transcript will be in the same sealed envelope to be sent by courier to WES office in Canada.The address to send it to is on the left hand side at the footer of the academic request form.This is the address your school will send it to.
You must also remember that on your own part,you will also photocopy your degree certificate either colored or black&white......and send it by courier simultaneously as when your school send your transcripts.
Your school send your transcripts with academic request form by courier.
You also send photocopy of your degree certificate by courier too.
I took time to explain because it seems to me you also3ant to send your transcripts to an address without registering.
Another advice is for you to evaluate yourself very well before commencing to discover your eligibility using your Age,years of experence,academic evaluation(described above),use of language......IELTS and adaptability.
If possible ,try to flip through the pages from beginning for answers to your potential questions..........also,we have some gurus here that can always respond to your request Soooooo be rest assured that you will be guided right.
Cheers.[/b]
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by WoodcrestMayor(m): 7:59am On Jul 15, 2014
Welldone guys.A whole lot of info on this thread smiley
I want to know how long it take to complete the PR process.I know there are times for various regions on the CIC website but I want an answer from experience.The times wey dey their site no make.sense.If u have received PR or you know someone who has please share...I need to encourage myself grin
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by laftta: 8:01am On Jul 15, 2014
damkollins:
[color=#006600][b]Depending on your NOC or profession ,it's not too late.............infact,start your preparations as soon as you can.
On whereor address to send your transcripts to ,i think you are leaving a step behind.
You need to first visit http://www.wes.org/ca/fswp/index.asp to register your candidateship and pay for the evaluation cost of around $300.
This is the first step...........you can pay the cash with your Nigerian debit or credit card for any of our commercial banks.
After this,a reference number will be given to you .There is also a form "academic transcripts request form " to be downloaded by you and subsequently filled.A portion of the form is also meant to be filled by your academic institution officials saddled with responsibility of releasing your transcripts .This form nd your official transcript will be in the same sealed envelope to be sent by courier to WES office in Canada.The address to send it to is on the left hand side at the footer of the academic request form.This is the address your school will send it to.
You must also remember that on your own part,you will also photocopy your degree certificate either colored or black&white......and send it by courier simultaneously as when your school send your transcripts.
Your school send your transcripts with academic request form by courier.
You also send photocopy of your degree certificate by courier too.
I took time to explain because it seems to me you also3ant to send your transcripts to an address without registering.
Another advice is for you to evaluate yourself very well before commencing to discover your eligibility using your Age,years of experence,academic evaluation(described above),use of language......IELTS and adaptability.
If possible ,try to flip through the pages from beginning for answers to your potential questions..........also,we have some gurus here that can always respond to your request Soooooo be rest assured that you will be guided right.
Cheers.[/b]
[/color]
thanks. A guy intoduce the progam to me afterward he just refuse to ansa me again. As regard to evaluation, i am a university graduate of business administration, 2-3yrs work experience, am in my late 20's, single. pls som1 shld advise me on wat to do,as your advice is very crucial to d decision i will take.
pls, am a novice to this prog, i will prefer an indepth explanation. thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 10:09am On Jul 15, 2014
laftta:
thanks. A guy intoduce the progam to me afterward he just refuse to ansa me again. As regard to evaluation, i am a university graduate of business administration, 2-3yrs work experience, am in my late 20's, single. pls som1 shld advise me on wat to do,as your advice is very crucial to d decision i will take.
pls, am a novice to this prog, i will prefer an indepth explanation. thanks
[b]Like I said....I don't know your profession as you need to be sure its part of the 50 advertised NOCs.
Check the list of professions here in the link below
Summarily from the info you gave...I'll like to do a pre-eligibility test for you knowing fully well that you need minimum of 67 points to be eligible.
*Age - Late 20s --- 12 points
*Education (after evaluation) ------21 points
* Years of experience -------------11 points
*Use of English (IELTS test)--------Yet to write.
Relative in Canada------------------0
Spouse IELTS ----------------------0

My pre-evaluation based on the info you gave suggests that you have 12 + 21 +11 = 44 points.
It shows you need 23 points more to have 67 to be eligible.
IELTS has a test maximum score of 24 points....all you need to do is to get 23 or 24 points...and you will be qualified....its attainable if you really desire it.
My advice is that you commence your evaluation immediately while you start preparation for IELTS.
Cheers.[/b]
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by shola7777777: 10:15am On Jul 15, 2014
I appreciate great work u guys are doing here. Pls I nid an advice on dis: I m running an online bsc program in one university in carribean island And studying human resource management which I will finish soon. I discovered that human resource is one of eligible job for FSW in canada. I m in my early 30's And married wit a kid. I have a company that I run And cash flows in my company account. Kindly advice if I m eligible to apply for canadian FSW as my dream is to live And work in canada. What are the steps to follow. Thank you in anticipation.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 11:11am On Jul 15, 2014
shola7777777: I appreciate great work u guys are doing here. Pls I nid an advice on dis: I m running an online bsc program in one university in carribean island And studying human resource management which I will finish soon. I discovered that human resource is one of eligible job for FSW in canada. I m in my early 30's And married wit a kid. I have a company that I run And cash flows in my company account. Kindly advice if I m eligible to apply for canadian FSW as my dream is to live And work in canada. What are the steps to follow. Thank you in anticipation.
Check your eligibility out from this link...read and digest it.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp
After understanding it.....you can extract your concerns out for gurus here to assist you.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by laftta: 2:51pm On Jul 15, 2014
damkollins:
[b]Like I said....I don't know your profession as you need to be sure its part of the 50 advertised NOCs.
Check the list of professions here in the link below
Summarily from the info you gave...I'll like to do a pre-eligibility test for you knowing fully well that you need minimum of 67 points to be eligible.
*Age - Late 20s --- 12 points
*Education (after evaluation) ------21 points
* Years of experience -------------11 points
*Use of English (IELTS test)--------Yet to write.
Relative in Canada------------------0
Spouse IELTS ----------------------0

My pre-evaluation based on the info you gave suggests that you have 12 + 21 +11 = 44 points.
It shows you need 23 points more to have 67 to be eligible.
IELTS has a test maximum score of 24 points....all you need to do is to get 23 or 24 points...and you will be qualified....its attainable if you really desire it.
My advice is that you commence your evaluation immediately while you start preparation for IELTS.
Cheers.[/b]
thanks for the response. i think i can apply under NOC 0013 as business admin is my field
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jul 15, 2014
shakol91: I know you are not a MOD,pls I've not been able to find English clinic thread on Education thread. Pls can you start that,I really need your help
Hurray...papindinho has created one.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jul 15, 2014
damkollins:
Check your eligibility out from this link...read and digest it.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp
After understanding it.....you can extract your concerns out for gurus here to assist you.
Cheers
Pls help sending those materials to these new people demanding for them.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jul 15, 2014
kart042000: Hello house,
Has anybody qualified for the may 2014 fswp?

I have sent my documents to wes, but when I tried paying with my gtb acct, it was declined, so I had to send the money to a friend in Canada to pay for me
. I excluded the international postage and changed my personal address to that of my friend .
My question is; would it be posted to billing address or personal address? because he has left his billing address.
Once they send the verification to him, is it ok if I fill all the forms and send to him to help post it in canada? Or it is best he ssens the wes result to me, then I post it to ghana.

I have heard conflicting answers as to how long the process takes, can someone please state the duration.
May be ur debit card isn't open to online transactions.
The mailing address on ur form is where WES will post it.
U can push everything to ur pal, when ur ECA arrives, he puts CIC copy & mail d package to d Sydney office not Accra. Ur stuff goes to d latter when u have been deemed suitable and qualified. U receive ur PER and start d waiting game!
They are ill-treating us with more waiting period...it is not like this elsewhere.
I'm not a 2013 or 2014...but 2015 candidate. I just felt we may have missed responding to ur concerns.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by papindinho(m): 7:13pm On Jul 15, 2014
ferdimako:
Hurray...papindinho has created one.
boss.... Na you o
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 12:07am On Jul 16, 2014
WoodcrestMayor: Welldone guys.A whole lot of info on this thread smiley
I want to know how long it take to complete the PR process.I know there are times for various regions on the CIC website but I want an answer from experience.The times wey dey their site no make.sense.If u have received PR or you know someone who has please share...I need to encourage myself grin

My uncle left in 2012 and it took about 18 months to process and move. Someone told me that the process will be faster with the proposed launch of the Express Entry.
Keeping fingers crossed.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by unibadan(m): 8:09am On Jul 16, 2014
Hello my fellow Nairalanders,

While i await my credential evaluation from ICAS, which is the only document left, i would like to as if possible for me to apply without including my wife and children. The required information will be supplied, but while paying the application fee, i am going to pay as principal applicant only without paying for my wife and children. When settled, i can then apply for them under family sponsorship.

Kindly help or advice on this my option.

I am considering this option due to financial constraint as it is required that proof of funds must cover your family immigrating with you.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by unibadan(m): 8:24am On Jul 16, 2014
solomonwis:

You need PCC for everyone (spouse,children and adopted children above the age of 18 years) whether they are accompanying you to Canada or not.

In same vain, do i need to show proof of funds that covers my family if they are not accompanying me to canada?

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 8:28am On Jul 16, 2014
Meritl:

My uncle left in 2012 and it took about 18 months to process and move. Someone told me that the process will be faster with the proposed launch of the Express Entry.
Keeping fingers crossed.
I await d express entry.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by meta4(m): 10:45am On Jul 16, 2014
hello House, i plan to take advantage of this time to apply. i have seen that a National ID is required, is that seperate from my International passport? my is the drivers licence acceptable although mine has expired and the temporal one issued to me from FRSC has even expired too in feb, 2014.
please idea where i can do a National ID card in Ibadan?
i heard the process for 2014 would take about 12 months to process less than previous ones done.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by meta4(m): 10:46am On Jul 16, 2014
damkollins:
Cheers
i think one should be more concerned about your own NOC cap that the overall cap
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 12:13pm On Jul 16, 2014
meta4: hello House, i plan to take advantage of this time to apply. i have seen that a National ID is required, is that seperate from my International passport? my is the drivers licence acceptable although mine has expired and the temporal one issued to me from FRSC has even expired too in feb, 2014.
please idea where i can do a National ID card in Ibadan?
i heard the process for 2014 would take about 12 months to process less than previous ones done.
I will advice that you leave alone national I.D issue as its not a compulsory requirement and your not including it will not negatively/positively affect your application package.
Just relax your nerves and focus on other areas in your application package.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Ekpekus1: 12:18pm On Jul 16, 2014
unibadan: Hello my fellow Nairalanders,

While i await my credential evaluation from ICAS, which is the only document left, i would like to as if possible for me to apply without including my wife and children. The required information will be supplied, but while paying the application fee, i am going to pay as principal applicant only without paying for my wife and children. When settled, i can then apply for them under family sponsorship.

Kindly help or advice on this my option.

I am considering this option due to financial constraint as it is required that proof of funds must cover your family immigrating with you.

Thank you.
I am very much interested in the reply of the above question. So, gurus in da house, pls respond to this!
Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yemad(f): 12:48pm On Jul 16, 2014
hi pple, i submited my FSW application nov. 2013, got a PER feb.2014. but since nothing heard,shd i be worried?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by WoodcrestMayor(m): 1:07pm On Jul 16, 2014
Thanks.That's a long time sha.Submitted last week...i hope they shift gear starting with this batch.Make dem no wait till January next year grin
Meritl:

Keeping fingers crossed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (322)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.