Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:36 AM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (827687 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yokus(f): 2:51pm On Jul 16, 2014
Just out of curiousity, why isn't there a thread for australia highly skilled program, they have more occupations on their list. Is it harder to migrate to Australia. I am just curious as the options for lawyers is not much on the canadian skilled program, pls solomonwis and others. feedback
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 3:23pm On Jul 16, 2014
yemad: hi pple, i submited my FSW application nov. 2013, got a PER feb.2014. but since nothing heard,shd i be worried?
So many applicants are in the same scenario as you.
All you got to do like everybody is PATIENCE.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Liss: 5:11pm On Jul 16, 2014
I am a bit confused concerning my WES application. My first degree transcripts and verification have been sent to WES but my master's degree transcript is yet to sent but they have updated my status as evaluation awaiting. Does it mean they do not require my master's degree transcripts anymore?

I received a mail saying they have sent my verification letter for my master's degree but I can't say if the school replied them but I am sure that the transcript for my master's degree has not gotten to them yet. so how come they are saying my documents have been received and evaluation is ongoing?

Can anyone please shed some light on this? undecided
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by laftta: 5:32pm On Jul 16, 2014
damkollins:
[b]Like I said....I don't know your profession as you need to be sure its part of the 50 advertised NOCs.
Check the list of professions here in the link below
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/complete-applications.asp
Summarily from the info you gave...I'll like to do a pre-eligibility test for you knowing fully well that you need minimum of 67 points to be eligible.
*Age - Late 20s --- 12 points
*Education (after evaluation) ------21 points
* Years of experience -------------11 points
*Use of English (IELTS test)--------Yet to write.
Relative in Canada------------------0
Spouse IELTS ----------------------0

My pre-evaluation based on the info you gave suggests that you have 12 + 21 +11 = 44 points.
It shows you need 23 points more to have 67 to be eligible.
IELTS has a test maximum score of 24 points....all you need to do is to get 23 or 24 points...and you will be qualified....its attainable if you really desire it.
My advice is that you commence your evaluation immediately while you start preparation for IELTS.
Cheers.[/b]
pls, will it be okay for me to wryt d xam before processing my transcript and others in other to be sure dat am eligible.
and please, kindly send d practise questn to me on my email bulusrevival@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jul 16, 2014
Liss: I am a bit confused concerning my WES application. My first degree transcripts and verification have been soent to WES but my master's degree transcript is yet to sent but they have updated my status as evaluation awaiting. Does it mean they do not require my master's degree transcripts anymore?

I received a mail saying they have sent my verification letter for my master's degree but I can't say if the school replied them but I am sure that the transcript for my master's degree has not gotten to them yet. so how come they are saying my documents have been received and evaluation is ongoing?

Can anyone please shed some light on this? undecided
Why sending piecemeal? If u must evaluate ur Masters alongside ur B.Sc, tell WES so...if u don't need d extra 2 points from Ms..don't bother. However, u can always evaluate severally. Eg after seeing d need to add Ms, u tell WES to reevaluate and add up.
But y evaluating B.Sc when u have M.Sc? Paying ur school double.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jul 16, 2014
laftta: .
pls, will it be okay for me to wryt d xam before processing my transcript and others in other to be sure dat am eligible.
and please, kindly send d practise questn to me on my email bulusrevival@gmail.com
Yes...I did that. I have done IELTS and I'm no way near lodging till next year.

I went to British Council today to have them add my middle name...they omitted it. If u have any wrong data on ur trf...head there. They reproduce d trf in no time while u r drinking their water.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jul 16, 2014
yokus: Just out of curiousity, why isn't there a thread for australia highly skilled program, they have more occupations on their list. Is it harder to migrate to Australia. I am just curious as the options for lawyers is not much on the canadian skilled program, pls solomonwis and others. feedback
Google Australia Permanent resident visas like subclass189,190,485 etc. There is a thread for it and it doubles with their students' visa processing.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jul 16, 2014
Meritl:

My uncle left in 2012 and it took about 18 months to process and move. Someone told me that the process will be faster with the proposed launch of the Express Entry.
Keeping fingers crossed.
So u have 5pts from adaptability-uncle.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by shakol91(m): 8:39pm On Jul 16, 2014
ferdimako:
Hurray...papindinho has created one.
pls send me the link to the thread so that I can follow.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by meta4(m): 9:40pm On Jul 16, 2014
damkollins:
I will advice that you leave alone national I.D issue as its not a compulsory requirement and your not including it will not negatively/positively affect your application package.
Just relax your nerves and focus on other areas in your application package.
Cheers.
ok thanks, i want to send my documents to ICAS for evaluation, i have applied for my transcript that is over a month without being sent from my institution, i wonder how long it takes to send transcript again?
please did anybody have to send copycopies of transcript again to ICAS as my institution would not give you a copy of your transcript personally but send directly to ICAS.
so is it a must to include with your WAEC certificate?
how long will it take to dispatch that to canada from Lagos using either UPS or FedEx?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 10:02pm On Jul 16, 2014
ferdimako:
So u have 5pts from adaptability-uncle.
That's true but not going to work for me as he is still in a government house. Therefore it may work against me if I use it. I'll just use the IELTS of my Wife to be.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Liss: 10:10pm On Jul 16, 2014
@Ferdimako,

I didn't do my masters degree in the same school as my 1st degree so I have had to go to both schools. The reason for evaluating both is that my 1st degree has nothing to do with my NOC while my masters degree does.

I was trying to play safe and ensure my educational qualification is similar to my NOC because there was a major debate about the necessity of having ur educational evaluation be the same as ur NOC before d NL data loss.

Anyway, I hope that WES will still evaluate it whenever the school sends the transcript.

*keeping my fingers crossed. *
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 11:01pm On Jul 16, 2014
meta4:
ok thanks, i want to send my documents to ICAS for evaluation, i have applied for my transcript that is over a month without being sent from my institution, i wonder how long it takes to send transcript again?
please did anybody have to send copycopies of transcript again to ICAS as my institution would not give you a copy of your transcript personally but send directly to ICAS.
so is it a must to include with your WAEC certificate?
how long will it take to dispatch that to canada from Lagos using either UPS or FedEx?
You don't need to included waec result.Your highest academic degree of Bsc is okay.
Ups or fedex will get your documents to Canada within a week..You need to follow up on your school to send your transcripts .......just persist.
Also,have you already sent the photocopy of your degree certificate also?
Relax and calm down......its gonna be fine.Try to take care of other things like your IELTS if you have not done it.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 11:08pm On Jul 16, 2014
Liss: @Fermadiko,

I didn't do my masters degree in the same school as my 1st degree so I have had to go to both schools. The reason for evaluating both is that my 1st degree has nothing to do with my NOC while my masters degree does.

I was trying to play safe and ensure my educational qualification is similar to my NOC because there was a major debate about the necessity of having ur educational evaluation be the same as ur NOC before d NL data loss.

Anyway, I hope that WES will still evaluate it whenever the school sends the transcript.

Your academic qualification does not necessarily have to be related to your interested NOC.Any debate over it is not necessary.Apart from some specialized NOC like medicine or dentist ,most of the NOC are fine.If one of your degree will give u necessarily points to qualify....fine.If you will need the additional 2 points,then get both degrees done.
Just try to follow up your lead at your school to send your transcripts as soon as possible .
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 11:15pm On Jul 16, 2014
laftta: .
It's okay but i will prefer you to start your evaluation as it's a critical path in this FSW.I can assure you that you will always pass your IELTS but if you have to wait for you to pass it before commencing your ECA evaluation,it will amounts to waste of time as you will be doing catching up that may delay your application.
But if that is how you want it.....there is no crime.......just pick your options well.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 4:02am On Jul 17, 2014
shakol91: pls send me the link to the thread so that I can follow.
hahaha...use d guy's handle to navigate to d thread.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 4:06am On Jul 17, 2014
Liss: @Fermadiko,

Tell WES to slow down to accommodate d Masters then. Correct my name!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 4:09am On Jul 17, 2014
Meritl: That's true but not going to work for me as he is still in a government house. Therefore it may work against me if I use it. I'll just use the IELTS of my Wife to be.
OK... so d 5pts from ur designate wife will seal ii?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 6:54am On Jul 17, 2014
ferdimako:
OK... so d 5pts from ur designate wife will seal ii?
yes. I'll be having 71 points from my " designate wife". I don't know how express the express entry will be next year. So I just want to forge ahead with this and do the waiting game, which may reduce drastically.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by unibadan(m): 7:35am On Jul 17, 2014
Hello my fellow Nairalanders,

While i await my credential evaluation from ICAS, which is the only document left, i would like to as if possible for me to apply without including my wife and children. The required information will be supplied, but while paying the application fee, i am going to pay as principal applicant only without paying for my wife and children. When settled, i can then apply for them under family sponsorship.

Kindly help or advice on this my option.

I am considering this option due to financial constraint as it is required that proof of funds must cover your family immigrating with you.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jul 17, 2014
Meritl: yes. I'll be having 71 points from my " designate wife". I don't know how express the express entry will be next year. So I just want to forge ahead with this and do the waiting game, which may reduce drastically.
It should not be slow as assignments amd cases should be available to other COs other than Accra's. I just believe u love her as a wife not only to help rake up migration points.
U mean uncle family members are in Nigeria too?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jul 17, 2014
unibadan: Hello my fellow Nairalanders,

While i await my credential evaluation from ICAS, which is the only document left, i would like to as if possible for me to apply without including my wife and children. The required information will be supplied, but while paying the application fee, i am going to pay as principal applicant only without paying for my wife and children. When settled, i can then apply for them under family sponsorship.

I am considering this option due to financial constraint as it is required that proof of funds must cover your family immigrating with you.

Thank you.
I have no clue...expand ur reach. Maybe u go to canadavisa forum and other fora.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Liss: 1:37pm On Jul 17, 2014
ferdimako:
Tell WES to slow down to accommodate d Masters then. Correct my name!

Lol. Name corrected. Sorry about that. wink

unibadan: Hello my fellow Nairalanders,
Thank you.

I believe this doable. Provided you submit all their necessary details from the onset and show that you have the necessary proof of funds even if they are not going with you just yet.

Oga Solomonwis & the other gurus in the house, please comment.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by unibadan(m): 2:35pm On Jul 17, 2014
What you need to know about the EXPRESS ENTRY to begin in January 2015 is stated in the link provided below;

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/express/express-entry.asp?utm_source=slash-express&utm_medium=short-url&utm_campaign=express-entry

cheers!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 3:27pm On Jul 17, 2014
ferdimako:
It should not be slow as assignments amd cases should be available to other COs other than Accra's. I just believe u love her as a wife not only to help rake up migration points.
U mean uncle family members are in Nigeria too?
lol Oga Ferdimako. I love her too. You know she has to play her part too. My uncle arrived Canada in Märch 2012 and has been enjoying some benefits like housing. He said that CIC may not award me the points under adaptability because they live in a house provided by the government. They plan to move to their own house by early next year.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 3:49pm On Jul 17, 2014
Saw this and felt I should share here. This explain the processes in ECAS while your application is in process with CIC

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jul 17, 2014
Meritl: lol Oga Ferdimako. I love her too. You know she has to play her part too. My uncle arrived Canada in Märch 2012 and has been enjoying some benefits like housing. He said that CIC may not award me the points under adaptability because they live in a house provided by the government. They plan to move to their own house by early next year.
Nice!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Eni23: 9:11pm On Jul 17, 2014
solomonwis:

Application received around May 7th and 8th are currently being processed by CIO of the CIC. You should get the status of your application in the next few weeks.

Hi Solomon,

Do you know which application are being processed now?

Eni
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zeelo2014: 10:24pm On Jul 17, 2014
May 9th applicants debited today. CIC slow like..... Medical request has started. Anyone one from Nigeria that has been debited?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 10:26pm On Jul 17, 2014
Eni23:

Hi Solomon,

Do you know which application are being processed now?

Eni

May 7th,2014 - Applicants with Demand draft

May 8th,2014 - Applicants with Demand draft/Credit Card

May 9th,2014 - Applicants with Credit Card

When did your application reach CIO?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by laftta: 10:32pm On Jul 17, 2014
pls, am begging in d name of God, som1 shld pls send practise questn of IELTS to me. i need it urgently. my email address is bulusrevival@gmail.com.

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (322)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.