Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,465 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (828711 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomongrandy: 12:13pm On May 20, 2013
solomonwis:

Was your eligible occupation “music”,“DBC” or “Geology”? Because I see those are your areas of specialization.

I have attached a checklist from cic website (you can view my earlier posts),if you have anything to the contrary you can prove it by sending us documentary evidences such as the “correction attached” so others can learn from your “wealth of experience”. You can of course remove personal details.until then,the checklist on the cic website will remain valid for the purpose of FSWP.

Do not confuse us with your “experience” if you can not provide documentary evidence to invalidate what is clearly stated on the checklist and the CIC website.

I wish you the best in your music career!

Mr. Solomon please for the sake of the house allow people who have information share freely. The guy isn't asking for money in return for this advise besides there is no one in this forum that is still a baby and needs your baby-seating. Its just bad chasing people with good inputs away from this forum. Its sickening. For me I understand the guys per4spective. Will I live by it? That's for me to figure out. i will be forced to hook up privately with this dude should you send him away from the beautiful forum.
Good job by the way.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by pauloman(m): 12:46pm On May 20, 2013
LadyGuinivere:
Bros I gree wiv u but I also think speed is also neccessary with the accuracy. Last year as person de do small small the thing close.
Me I believe if u can hasten processes e.g d WES and pick d nearest ielts date d better. Cos 300 slots wiv naija, pakistani, indians all tryin hard to grab one. Ha!

Hey u even left out Europe ! Lots of peeps from the uk and others are applying mind u .

To your clarification on Mercy sending a fixed/Time Deposit Statement. Yes absolutely ! Every applicant is allowed to send either of the three methods of showing proof of funds and it could be one or a combination of two or even three of the methods as the case may be because it has been instructed and stated so on the document checklist and all applicants need to go as instructed. So later on when CIC has done their verification and visa is set to be approved after your application has been assessed and deemed passed based on the point system. The embassy will now do another verification for whether you have a possess enough adequate funds. It is at this point you will be asked to send a 12 month bank statement. At this point you ought to send a bank statement within the past 12 months from the day you decide to send the bank statements 12 months back. If you scale through the settlement funds.

The applicant will now be assessed on Admissibility,which is on health or medical grounds and criminality background and security checks. This is when they issue you your medical instructions and mandate you to submit a fresh police character certificate.

After you are successful with all these your visa and PR will be issued to you asap !

NB: They key to success with any embassy most especially the Canadian Embassy is strict adherance to stated instructions or informations already laid down
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomongrandy: 1:47pm On May 20, 2013
LadyGuinivere: That is d spirit. Clarification at all points.
I did not notarize my stuff but I'm sure there are people that wiLl do so cos they want to be doubly sure.
Welcome pauloman , teexzle and Almaliki.
@Almaliki hope say ur vex don reduce. Oya pls talk

Talk of notarization, the question should be why do we notarize a document? It may not apply for FSW since they will still be asking for more details from you as time progress if you pass through the initial stages. BUT to notarize a document isn't a bad idea. Reason is a notarized document is seen as a genuine one. The Notary Public collects an original document, makes a copy of it, puts his/her seal on it. That gives some credibility to the document. But if you didn't notarize your documents, I don't think that should be a problem. if you haven't submitted and you got some extra bucks, then do it.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by pauloman(m): 2:43pm On May 20, 2013
LadyGuinivere:
Ma dear no be month by month sometn o! D list na for one year. By next year , dem go decide what n what dey want again

lol the list will be on for some years at least, The list was deduced taking into consideration professionals in short supply in canada now
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by pauloman(m): 3:00pm On May 20, 2013
solomongrandy:

This means I will be getting 28points for language. So good to know.
No i am afraid ur analysis is incorrect but that of lady Guinivere is the correct analysis! If u claim ur first lang to b english 24points while french second lang will be 4points and vise versa if first lang is french and the other english
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by pauloman(m): 3:27pm On May 20, 2013
[quote author=solomonwis]

Of course singles can apply and be positively considered.The additional points married people have is the 5 points secured with the English language test of the spouse and/or the Canadian qualifications the spouse have, outside of this there's nothing more.
Bro that 5points means alot and the only way the points could favor a single applicant is if they have more years of experience or much higher qualifications like 2 seperate degrees or masters/phd the former favoured me though
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by sperony(m): 4:38pm On May 20, 2013
Has anybody done HND certificate evaluation with WES? i will like to know if you need to submit OND transcript with it. the two qualifications were earned from differents school millessssss apart!to get the HND transcripts na serious whahala and the OND school is a no go area now (Ramat Polytechnic).
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by LadyGuinivere: 5:16pm On May 20, 2013
sperony: Has anybody done HND certificate evaluation with WES? i will like to know if you need to submit OND transcript with it. the two qualifications were earned from differents school millessssss apart!to get the HND transcripts na serious whahala and the OND school is a no go area now (Ramat Polytechnic).
Well I don't know but a friend submitted her university LLB transcript and Law scl BL to WES. They asked for the Law scl transcript. So am thinkin any certificate you tender as proof of qualification has to be accompanied by the transcript
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomongrandy: 5:32pm On May 20, 2013
almaliki:

Like I said based on my personal experience.......I had my app rejected d 1st time with sum corrections attached 2 it.....worked on d corrections made and resent it which got accepted.

I was favoured 2 have d corrections attached 2 my app cos not everybody gets such favour.

Almalik thanks for this information. Please could you do me a favour? Lets hear what those corrections are that you made before reapplying. The information will be greatly appreciated. Once again thanks for sharing.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by LadyGuinivere: 8:22pm On May 20, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]Quote author=solomongrandy]

Almalik thanks for this information. Please could you do me a favour? Lets hear what those corrections are that you made before reapplying. The information will be greatly appreciated. Once again thanks for sharing. [/quote]
Yaaa Almaliki do share please.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomongrandy: 10:07am On May 21, 2013
LadyGuinivere: [color=#990000][/color]Quote author=solomongrandy]

Almalik thanks for this information. Please could you do me a favour? Lets hear what those corrections are that you made before reapplying. The information will be greatly appreciated. Once again thanks for sharing.
Yaaa Almaliki do share please.

Its so sad Almaliki is no longer responding to anyone. Brother Almaliki please do not be offended na.
Solomonwise you started this thread and you have also killed it. Well I guess I have to source information elsewhere. Bye bye folks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 10:26am On May 21, 2013
solomongrandy:

Its so sad Almaliki is no longer responding to anyone. Brother Almaliki please do not be offended na.
Solomonwise you started this thread and you have also killed it. Well I guess I have to source information elsewhere. Bye bye folks

I have decided to let thing lie low by not responding to your comments.

This forum is for people to learn and not about personality. Nobody is an island of knowledge and so,we must learn to learn from each other.

I insist that he provide the "correction attached" from CIC. I don't see anything wrong in me asking him to provide proof. If you think I am harsh,that is your opinion and you are entitled to it.

I PROMISE TO APOLOGISE ONLY IF HE PROVIDE the "correction attached" proving me wrong.If not,I remain resolute to say he should not get people confused.

If by your judgement,I killed this forum (I wouldn't know how you came by that anyways) it will be wrong to say/conclude.

This thread is not about me,so nobody can kill it except of course the moderators/super mod.so get that clear and straight.

I will advise you to concentrate on what you need to get done and stop dragging my name in the mud!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 6:24pm On May 21, 2013
solomonwis:

I have decided to let thing lie low by not responding to your comments.

This forum is for people to learn and not about personality. Nobody is an island of knowledge and so,we must learn to learn from each other.

I insist that he provide the "correction attached" from CIC. I don't see anything wrong in me asking him to provide proof. If you think I am harsh,that is your opinion and you are entitled to it.

I PROMISE TO APOLOGISE ONLY IF HE PROVIDE the "correction attached" proving me wrong.If not,I remain resolute to say he should not get people confused.

If by your judgement,I killed this forum (I wouldn't know how you came by that anyways) it will be wrong to say/conclude.

This thread is not about me,so nobody can kill it except of course the moderators/super mod.so get that clear and straight.

I will advise you to concentrate on what you need to get done and stop dragging my name in the mud!

The truth is alot of Nigerians are not qualified. Qualified ones do not know how to go about it and may be reluctant to pay an immigration attorney. How many folks want to do IELTS GT? How many can pass it, I mean from 7 above in all bands?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by LadyGuinivere: 6:34pm On May 21, 2013
[b][/b]
ferdimako:

The truth is alot of Nigerians are not qualified. Qualified ones do not know how to go about it and may be reluctant to pay an immigration attorney. How many folks want to do IETLS GT? How many can pass it, I mean from 7 above in all bands?
How many Nigerianscan get ielts 7 and above? Not meanin to sound cocky or smarto but A WHOLE LOT

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 7:28pm On May 21, 2013
LadyGuinivere: [b][/b]
How many Nigerianscan get ielts 7 and above? Not meanin to sound cocky or smarto but A WHOLE LOT

Okay.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by thebaft: 8:10pm On May 21, 2013
LadyGuinivere: @Solomonwise , inspectors in public health n safety. I used WES. They took close to a mth to process. Cuda been faster if no b naija scl delay.
I wonder how long the processing times wl be ds year o with the new polices and all?

@LadyGuinivere, Did WES contact your naija school for verification via e-mail or via post? Also, did you have to follow up with your school or did your school verify your documents without your intervention? Thanks.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 10:56pm On May 21, 2013
ferdimako:

The truth is alot of Nigerians are not qualified. Qualified ones do not know how to go about it and may be reluctant to pay an immigration attorney. How many folks want to do IELTS GT? How many can pass it, I mean from 7 above in all bands?

Nigerians have what it takes and are qualified for the FSWP. It is not compulsory paying an immigration consultant,the purpose of this thread is to provide basic step by step approach to simplifying the application process based on information available on www.cic.gc.ca and the experiences of people.

Nigerians and of course people outside Nigeria can write and score above band 7. As a matter of fact,I've written both General IELTS and Academic IELTS,I've never scored anything less than band 7.5 aggregate. If I can do it with the little time I had to prepare for the exams surely others can do better.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 11:07pm On May 21, 2013
thebaft:

@LadyGuinivere, Did WES contact your naija school for verification via e-mail or via post? Also, did you have to follow up with your school or did your school verify your documents without your intervention? Thanks.

Although your question is directed at LadyGuinivere,I can provide an insight while she answer your question.

You are not supposed to be in the know of the information shared between WES and your institution. The can decide to verify whatever document via whatever means/medium deemed necessary to confirm the authenticity or otherwise of your credentials.

I have a case of somebody who decided to notarize his transcripts and sent the documents to WES for evaluation and assessment,WES rejected the transcripts!

Let your mind be at rest as long as what was sent by you and your educational institution(s) are genuine.

You will never be informed of the correspondences between your educational institution and WES or any other body authorised to carry out a credentials assessment/evaluation either by mail/post/email or whatever medium necessary.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 11:26pm On May 21, 2013
solomonwis:

Nigerians have what it takes and are qualified for the FSWP. It is not compulsory paying an immigration consultant,the purpose of this thread is to provide basic step by step approach to simplifying the application process based on information available on www.cic.gc.ca and the experiences of people.

Nigerians and of course people outside Nigeria can write and score above band 7. As a matter of fact,I've written both General IELTS and Academic IELTS,I've never scored anything less than band 7.5 aggregate. If I can do it with the little time I had to prepare for the exams surely others can do better.

You always pull 7.5 all bands? Wow, I should do a better job June 8th. Why don't many Nigerians wanting this way? I don't advocate for agent too especially if you can handle it.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by LadyGuinivere: 12:50am On May 22, 2013
thebaft:

Without intervention ke. I have 2 degrees. For the university de sent via email. It took dem 15 days to reply after I don call fire down. D oda degree de sent with nipost for verification.
This is Nigeria o! Better find somebody in ur exams n records to reply qik and pay for courier
How did I know when WES disptched, they sent an email to me informing me my docs had been sent for verification and my file put on hold. The mails I sent WES askin through which means was not replied, but the one I sent askin WHY d delay was answered

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by LadyGuinivere: 12:57am On May 22, 2013
solomonwis:

Although your question is directed at LadyGuinivere,I can provide an insight while she answer your question.

You are not supposed to be in the know of the information shared between WES and your institution. The can decide to verify whatever document via whatever means/medium deemed necessary to confirm the authenticity or otherwise of your credentials.

I have a case of somebody who decided to notarize his transcripts and sent the documents to WES for evaluation and assessment,WES rejected the transcripts!

Let your mind be at rest as long as what was sent by you and your educational institution(s) are genuine.

You will never be informed of the correspondences between your educational institution and WES or any other body authorised to carry out a credentials assessment/evaluation either by mail/post/email or whatever medium necessary.
At each point that my transcipt was sent back for verification, I got an email tellin me 'my docs had been sent back to so so and so school and my file is on hold. If its a canadian school, I can show the letter to them'So to that xtent I knew when to start bugging exams and records of my school. I also send an email to WES at a point, dint get a reply till I flooded their box with emails. Like I said before, d process took more than a month
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 8:35am On May 22, 2013
LadyGuinivere:
At each point that my transcipt was sent back for verification, I got an email tellin me 'my docs had been sent back to so so and so school and my file is on hold. If its a canadian school, I can show the letter to them'So to that xtent I knew when to start bugging exams and records of my school. I also send an email to WES at a point, dint get a reply till I flooded their box with emails. Like I said before, d process took more than a month

If you wouldn't mind to share,which institutions did you graduate from?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by LadyGuinivere: 9:38am On May 22, 2013
?
solomonwis:

If you wouldn't mind to share,which institutions did you graduate from?
University of Nigeria
Nigerian Law School
U also want d letter from WES? undecided ??
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 10:22am On May 22, 2013
LadyGuinivere: ?
University of Nigeria
Nigerian Law School
U also want d letter from WES? undecided ??

I wouldn't know what you are insinuating asking if I want the letter from WES sad

I just want to bring your attention to the fact that you are only advised of the stages of assessment/evaluation.
You are not supposed to be a party to the correspondences between your schools and WES. Some people don't even have the luxury of time to shuttle between their places of residence and their school. You sure can ask your school to expedite action in responding to mails from WES but beyond this,you can't do anything.

Just out of curiosity,you studied Law,but that occupation is not in the eligible occupation list for May 2013 to April 2014 session....or you have experience in an eligible occupation other than Law?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by LadyGuinivere: 10:36am On May 22, 2013
solomonwis:

I wouldn't know what you are insinuating asking if I want the letter from WES sad

I just want to bring your attention to the fact that you are only advised of the stages of assessment/evaluation.
You are not supposed to be a party to the correspondences between your schools and WES. Some people don't even have the luxury of time to shuttle between their places of residence and their school. You sure can ask your school to expedite action in responding to mails from WES but beyond this,you can't do anything.

Just out of curiosity,you studied Law,but that occupation is not in the eligible occupation list for May 2013 to April 2014 session....or you have experience in an eligible occupation other than Law?
I would have been so shocked if u hadn't asked. I am going with experience. Pls do not ask me wre I work . Unless u kuku wan ask me my name n surname join
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 10:42am On May 22, 2013
LadyGuinivere:
I would have been so shocked if u hadn't asked. I am going with experience. Pls do not ask me wre I work . Unless u kuku wan ask me my name n surname join
cheesy grin

Ok my mouth is lipsrsealed grin grin
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by LadyGuinivere: 11:08am On May 22, 2013
solomonwis: cheesy grin

Ok my mouth is lipsrsealed grin grin

Thank u o! I no fit shout!! cheesy
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 11:18am On May 22, 2013
LadyGuinivere:
Not wrong with that unless u like seeing your application being returned. They don't take the processing fee though.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 11:26am On May 22, 2013
ferdimako:
Not wrong with that unless u like seeing your application being returned. They don't take the processing fee though.

Can you clarify please?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by pauloman(m): 12:15pm On May 22, 2013
ferdimako:

You always pull 7.5 all bands? Wow, I should do a better job June 8th. Why don't many Nigerians wanting this way? I don't advocate for agent too especially if you can handle it.

Dont be fooled bro by all the informations on CIC u can file your application yourself and many others can do same without paying no agents. All it takes is to read carefully and follow instructions to the latter. Well the immigration exercise is not meant for all and sundry but a selected best and brightest minds that can discern things pretty fast and thats the slogan of the CIC minister.

I did all the filing myself and i am not bragging about this so whom ever is serious about it can achieve the same feat especially with help from this wonderful thread opened bu Solomonwise. Like he said no one can kill the thread and it can never die based on any bodies inability to want to contribute. It will forever remain and be a source of information for years to come.

So at Solomongrandy,do not be perturbed at the slow pace of the thread for it shall pick either now or later

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (322)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.