Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,414 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (828704 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by LadyGuinivere: 12:19pm On May 22, 2013
pauloman:

Dont be fooled bro by all the informations on CIC u can file your application yourself and many others can do same without paying no agents. All it takes is to read carefully and follow instructions to the latter. Well the immigration exercise is not meant for all and sundry but a selected best and brightest minds that can discern things pretty fast and thats the slogan of the CIC minister.

I did all the filing myself and i am not bragging about this so whom ever is serious about it can achieve the same feat especially with help from this wonderful thread opened bu Solomonwise. Like he said no one can kill the thread and it can never die based on any bodies inability to want to contribute. It will forever remain and be a source of information for years to come.

So at Solomongrandy,do not be perturbed at the slow pace of the thread for it shall pick either now or later
R u a politician? grin
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by pauloman(m): 12:26pm On May 22, 2013
LadyGuinivere:
R u a politician? grin

Lol i would really love to find out why you posed this question?

To answer your question: it is noteworthy to say every human being is a Political Animal lol
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by sperony(m): 4:18pm On May 22, 2013
Does this matter if my fixed deposit is done few weeks before my application though the period is for six moths or there about?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 4:24pm On May 22, 2013
sperony: Does this matter if my fixed deposit is done few weeks before my application though the period is for six moths or there about?

It doesn't matter if it was done few weeks before application. At this stage they are not looking at the sequence of transactions but at the availability of the fund. You can decide to submit a fixed deposit account if you like.

However,you have to be prepared to submit a statement of accounts covering a period of one year detailing transactions with which your personal financial circumstances may be verified much later during the processing of your application.

At this stage you can say your onward sojourn to Canada is about 70% complete!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by LadyGuinivere: 5:30pm On May 22, 2013
solomonwis:

It doesn't matter if it was done few weeks before application. At this stage they are not looking at the sequence of transactions but at the availability of the fund. You can decide to submit a fixed deposit account if you like.

However,you have to be prepared to submit a statement of accounts covering a period of one year detailing transactions with which your personal financial circumstances may be verified much later during the processing of your application.

Interesting! I wish that stage can come next month sef
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by thebaft: 6:08pm On May 22, 2013
LadyGuinivere:
Without intervention ke. I have 2 degrees. For the university de sent via email. It took dem 15 days to reply after I don call fire down. D oda degree de sent with nipost for verification.
This is Nigeria o! Better find somebody in ur exams n records to reply qik and pay for courier
How did I know when WES disptched, they sent an email to me informing me my docs had been sent for verification and my file put on hold. The mails I sent WES askin through which means was not replied, but the one I sent askin WHY d delay was answered

@LadyGuinivere, Thanks for your response. It is extremely useful.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by thebaft: 6:19pm On May 22, 2013
solomonwis:

Although your question is directed at LadyGuinivere,I can provide an insight while she answer your question.

You are not supposed to be in the know of the information shared between WES and your institution. The can decide to verify whatever document via whatever means/medium deemed necessary to confirm the authenticity or otherwise of your credentials.

I have a case of somebody who decided to notarize his transcripts and sent the documents to WES for evaluation and assessment,WES rejected the transcripts!

Let your mind be at rest as long as what was sent by you and your educational institution(s) are genuine.

You will never be informed of the correspondences between your educational institution and WES or any other body authorised to carry out a credentials assessment/evaluation either by mail/post/email or whatever medium necessary.

@solomonwis, You are quite right! The question was directed at LadyGuinivere and not at you. Thanks for your effort though, but I am yet to find anything useful in your response.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 6:35pm On May 22, 2013
thebaft:

@solomonwis, You are quite right! The question was directed at LadyGuinivere and not at you. Thanks for your effort though, but I am yet to find anything useful in your response.

Oh really?

Well,if not from my response you must have found something useful at least from others.

I hope you find anything “useful” in your quest.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by sperony(m): 6:49pm On May 22, 2013
solomonwis:

thank so much.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 6:54pm On May 22, 2013
sperony: thank so much.

You are welcome anytime!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by thebaft: 7:11pm On May 22, 2013
solomonwis:

Oh really?

Well,if not from my response you must have found something useful at least from others.

I hope you find anything “useful” in your quest.

But of course, LadyGuinivere's response was useful. By the way, thanks for "wishing me well". I do appreciate it!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by LadyGuinivere: 10:12am On May 23, 2013
A few tips for those getting their documents verified with WES
(From my experience o!)

1.Have ur school send the transcript straight to WES. Don't use the one you have in ur possession. Save urself the time of being bounced. Speed is key right now.

2.If the option for faster (and more expensive) verification is available, for the Love of Moses, use it. This ensures WES will send ur reconfirmation with courier. One of my decrees was sent with NIPOST and got to my school exactly a month and two days after.(By dat time I don pull out all my hair)

3. Don't bother calling WES on the phone. I wasted a pretty penny while on hold and never spoke with an operator.

4. On the alternative, if there is a real delay with the process or u need to make enquires, send an email with ur ref no. When/if they don't reply (believe me, they won't)continue resending until somebdy vex reply u.

5. Please don't get it twisted. The process is not a well oil machine, where u sit and twiddle ur fingers xpecting ur school to receive, treat and return to WES. Get a nos of somebody in exams and records to follow up. Despite the fact that my university verification was sent via email, it took my pestering of 15 days for them to locate mine from the maze of unanswered mails.

6. Finally do not forget to hand it over to the main Oga at d top. Only He can make sure there are no knicks or bottlenecks in the whole process

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by pauloman(m): 7:39pm On May 23, 2013
LadyGuinivere: A few tips for those getting their documents verified with WES
(From my experience o!)

1.Have ur school send the transcript straight to WES. Don't use the one you have in ur possession. Save urself the time of being bounced. Speed is key right now.

2.If the option for faster (and more expensive) verification is available, for the Love of Moses, use it. This ensures WES will send ur reconfirmation with courier. One of my decrees was sent with NIPOST and got to my school exactly a month and two days after.(By dat time I don pull out all my hair)

3. Don't bother calling WES on the phone. I wasted a pretty penny while on hold and never spoke with an operator.

4. On the alternative, if there is a real delay with the process or u need to make enquires, send an email with ur ref no. When/if they don't reply (believe me, they won't)continue resending until somebdy vex reply u.

5. Please don't get it twisted. The process is not a well oil machine, where u sit and twiddle ur fingers xpecting ur school to receive, treat and return to WES. Get a nos of somebody in exams and records to follow up. Despite the fact that my university verification was sent via email, it took my pestering of 15 days for them to locate mine from the maze of unanswered mails.

6. Finally do not forget to hand it over to the main Oga at d top. Only He can make sure there are no knicks or bottlenecks in the whole process

Nice info...this should help a lot but you still didnt answer my question above lol
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Bwave: 5:45am On May 24, 2013
@Solomonwis,pauloman et al, Is it advisable to get the bank statement now?or do I hav to wait till am sending the completed application. FYI, I will be doing the IELTS test on june 8 & my transcript is being processed,am targeting the ending of june to complete my application, so am trying to see how I can fast track the process.Thanks!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by LadyGuinivere: 7:52am On May 24, 2013
Bwave: @Solomonwis,pauloman et al, Is it advisable to get the bank statement now?or do I hav to wait till am sending the completed application. FYI, I will be doing the IELTS test on june 8 & my transcript is being processed,am targeting the ending of june to complete my application, so am trying to see how I can fast track the process.Thanks!
Am going to classify myself as 'et al' smiley and throw in my 6 cents. Since ur application will be ready June ending, y not wait and print it then. Aftall, bank statement na immediate service. Yu walk into d bank and they give u
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by pauloman(m): 10:23am On May 24, 2013
Bwave: @Solomonwis,pauloman et al, Is it advisable to get the bank statement now?or do I hav to wait till am sending the completed application. FYI, I will be doing the IELTS test on june 8 & my transcript is being processed,am targeting the ending of june to complete my application, so am trying to see how I can fast track the process.Thanks!

I concur with Lady Guinivere on her statement. Usually the last thing you do is arranging your bank account statement when packaging an application to the embassy to reflect an upto date account situation when your application gets to the embassy. All what you need do is just build up the account cash flow and final account balance to what you need it to be and reflect finally.

NB: For all those sending bank account statements. Please be sure to tell your bank manager or bank to write a letter of reference explaining to the embassy that you are a well know customer to the bank and he has to state all the types of bank accounts you operate in the bank. This might save you alot of hassles when a confirmatory bank statement is requested from you when your visa is about to be issued to you.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 10:57am On May 24, 2013
pauloman:

I concur with Lady Guinivere on her statement. Usually the last thing you do is arranging your bank account statement when packaging an application to the embassy to reflect an upto date account situation when your application gets to the embassy. All what you need do is just build up the account cash flow and final account balance to what you need it to be and reflect finally.

NB: For all those sending bank account statements. Please be sure to tell your bank manager or bank to write a letter of reference explaining to the embassy that you are a well know customer to the bank and he has to state all the types of bank accounts you operate in the bank. This might save you alot of hassles when a confirmatory bank statement is requested from you when your visa is about to be issued to you.

Have you applied?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 10:59am On May 24, 2013

Is IELTS one of the documents they pre-assess? I think you should wait until after a positive assessment before you start investing more time and resources.You're my test-date mate...am for Academic in Abuja.Good luck to us!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by pauloman(m): 11:02am On May 24, 2013
ferdimako:

Have you applied?

I applied 3years ago and gotten my PR already. I am in Toronto,Canada now.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 11:44am On May 24, 2013
ferdimako:

Is IELTS one of the documents they pre-assess? I think you should wait until after a positive assessment before you start investing more time and resources.You're my test-date mate...am for Academic in Abuja.Good luck to us!

IELTS{General Training} is a quintessential part of not just the requirements but also a necessity to being positively assessed.

You should get your IELTS ready and include that in the application to be forwarded to the CIO in Nova Scotia.

@Bwave, Pauloman and LadyGuinivere have said it all.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by thebaft: 4:35pm On May 24, 2013
LadyGuinivere: A few tips for those getting their documents verified with WES
(From my experience o!)

@LadyGuinivere, I still have a couple of questions for you. Did your University verify your degree certificate only or did they also have to verify your transcripts as well? And, did your University just reply the verification email or did they have to write the response on letter-headed paper and send back to WES via post/courier?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by LadyGuinivere: 5:00pm On May 24, 2013
thebaft:

@LadyGuinivere, I still have a couple of questions for you. Did your University verify your degree certificate only or did they also have to verify your transcripts as well? And, did your University just reply the verification email or did they have to write the response on letter-headed paper and send back to WES via post/courier?
From what I understand, they have an established and different means of communication (whether via email or surface mail) with different schools. My university transcript was verified via email. I have no idea what they wrote to my school or if it was replied on letter head but I know a copy of the transcript was attached.

Oh if ur worried that ur school will goof, don't be, cos WES and Nigerian Schools have been doing business tay tay

Because WES sent me a mail when my school was contacted, I was able to ONLY ginger my school to reply quckly thru the same email means.

And Yes, u can contact your school to reply via courier if they sent via snail(surface) mail. You pay ur school for that

Hope dat clarifies issues
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Bwave: 5:20pm On May 24, 2013
I appreciate your kind response,thanks to you all, however, I was thinking that I could get the statement before making some transactions that would affect the balance on one of the accounts by next week,but I will go with your advice.

ferdimako:

Indeed goodluck to us.Without the IELTS the application is incomplete, so I have no choice than to do it.Since you are doing academic it means your are seeking admission in a school abroad and not for FSWP because only General Training is accepted for the program.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 11:31am On May 25, 2013
Bwave:
I appreciate your kind response,thanks to you all, however, I was thinking that I could get the statement before making some transactions that would affect the balance on one of the accounts by next week,but I will go with your advice.

Indeed goodluck to us.Without the IELTS the application is incomplete, so I have no choice than to do it.Since you are doing academic it means your are seeking admission in a school abroad and not for FSWP because only General Training is accepted for the program.

Yeah I'll be heading to Australia on a student visa.Any notice on when your Speaking will be? Am waiting on British Council next week to find out.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by lilbro(m): 5:55pm On May 25, 2013
Bussyme: @solomonwis,infact I did IELTS at lagos 3yrs ago (2010). Filled the forms and paid require fees by my cousin in canada with master card,sent everything to them. My forms was rejected base on work experiences and I has to repackages again and collected letter from my working place yet they rejected it. Its not easy to get 67 points unless you have arrange employment in canada and have relative there. Though my money was refunded without deducted a kobo from it.
Please how did u go about getting your refund.!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 8:33pm On May 26, 2013
pauloman:

Okay.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Bwave: 1:26am On May 27, 2013
ferdimako:

Yeah I'll be heading to Australia on a student visa.Any notice on when your Speaking will be? Am waiting on British Council next week to find out.
No notice yet.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Bussyme(m): 1:21am On May 29, 2013
lilbro:
Please how did u go about getting your refund.!
The money was returned to my cousin master card though I paid through him.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Bussyme(m): 1:50am On May 29, 2013
pauloman:

@pauloman,did you wrote IELTS exam because that exam was introduced on june/july 2010. Those applied before june 2010 didnt write exam.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by LadyGuinivere: 7:22am On May 30, 2013
Why has all the chatter died down? Everybody don submit finish?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by pauloman(m): 1:20pm On May 30, 2013
Bussyme: @pauloman,did you wrote IELTS exam because that exam was introduced on june/july 2010. Those applied before june 2010 didnt write exam.

Yes i guess you are correct because when i applied then in 2010,i wrote a written submission as regards my proficiency in english language and french but in 2012 when my visa started being processed i was sent an email to submit my IELTS result sheet by writing the test,which i had to do urgently in order to submit.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by LadyGuinivere: 2:47pm On May 30, 2013
When will CIC start uploading number of complete applications received? Na wa!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (322)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.