Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,002 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (75) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (828620 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by samdemmis: 1:50pm On Aug 03, 2014
Damkollins, kindly send the IELTS materials to my inbox.... samdemmis@yahoo.co.uk . Thanks.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 3:53pm On Aug 03, 2014
samdemmis: Damkollins, kindly send the IELTS materials to my inbox.... samdemmis@yahoo.co.uk . Thanks.
kauskey: Damkollins, could you kindly send the ielts materials to my inbox...emma(dot)akinleye(at)gmail(dot)com. Thanks!
Sent.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Shehas(m): 5:56pm On Aug 03, 2014
Pls, kindly send IELTS materials to my email. hassansheriffsola@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ayofissy: 9:29pm On Aug 03, 2014
damkollins:
Sent.
Cheers
thanks so much
i want to ask who should be the principal applicant, am a medical doctor and my wife is nurse i heard nurses has more edge and processing is simpler in respect to credentials assessment is this true? and do both of us need to do the ielts now? or is it the principal applicant alone for now.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 10:50pm On Aug 03, 2014
ayofissy:
thanks so much
i want to ask who should be the principal applicant, am a medical doctor and my wife is nurse i heard nurses has more edge and processing is simpler in respect to credentials assessment is this true? and do both of us need to do the ielts now? or is it the principal applicant alone for now.

If after doing your personal evaluation and you see that your 67 points is a bit shaky, then its better for your wife to take the IELTS as it will boost your marks.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 11:00pm On Aug 03, 2014
ayofissy:
thanks so much

Other than the application cost (IELTS, ECA,application fee,etc), you stand to benefit more if both of you apply at the same time. If at anytime during the process,you find that you stand a better chance than your spouse or vice versa (in terms of the time and resources) ,you can ask her to drop her application while you proceed with yours.

It is true that Medical Doctors have a long way to go in terms of securing an ECA result for obvious reasons. The medical profession is not one that anybody can dabble into especially coming from a "3rd world country" as Nigeria. There are lot of hurdle to scale through and considering the fact that it takes an average 105 days **to process an ECA under the profession unlike the average 30 days** for other eligible occupations including Nursing. You can read up for more here http://mcc.ca/repository/educational-credential-assessment/

**These are conservative projections.It usually takes more than the days specified on the website.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by samdemmis: 2:10am On Aug 04, 2014
damkollins:
Thank you so much
Sent.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 7:15am On Aug 04, 2014
ayofissy:
thanks so much
[b]As you have been advised already ,I'll prefer you attack it with dual actions .......yourself and Wifey.As a medical practitioner with mbbs degree certificate,you can be sure your ECA won't be completed this year as the minimum completion timing i have witnessed is about 5 months as you have to first do the source verification of your certificate first before ECA evaluation.Source verification alone may take almost 4 months.......ECA evaluation after source verification will take between 4 to 8 weeks depending on tons of request that they have.
Nursing profession follows same standard duration for ECA evaluation as other professions depending on how you can actively or passively speed it up with respect to verification......between 6weeks and 12 weeks will do......that's the average from my experience.
My advice........if you can afford it,initiate ECA evaluation for yourself and Wifey.Both of you should write IELTS in the capacity and seriousness of a principal applicant in other not to be disappointed by your scores .
Wifey process may be faster than yours as you may have to settle for her as the principal applicant but the source verification of your mbbs degree certificate makes you ready for Canadian job in your field as your details is already registered with medical council of Canada and you won't have to do it again.
The choice is yours based on financial resources at your disposal.........evaluation of your mbbs may cost around 80k or thereabouts while Wifey may be around 48k thereabouts .
Cheers[/b].
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 9:06am On Aug 04, 2014
ayofissy:
thanks so much
Medical doctor?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Shehas(m): 9:27am On Aug 04, 2014
@ Kollins. Thanks 4 d IELTS materials
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by seedgie(m): 2:53pm On Aug 04, 2014
I used ieltsbuddy.com only and was able to garner 24points.

Goodluck.[/quote]
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by folaonhigh(m): 4:12pm On Aug 04, 2014
cheers1234:

@damkollins Thanks a lot for the explanatory break down. Kindly forward the IELTS materials to me. adesojiakinlosotu@gmail.com
Thanks.
pls i need ielts material folashadeojuri@yahoo.com
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by folaonhigh(m): 4:15pm On Aug 04, 2014
cheers1234:

@damkollins Thanks a lot for the explanatory break down. Kindly forward the IELTS materials to me. adesojiakinlosotu@gmail.com
Thanks.
pls i need ielts material folashadeojuri@yahoo.com
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by OluFavor: 8:37pm On Aug 04, 2014
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ayofissy: 10:56pm On Aug 04, 2014
solomonwis:

Other than the application cost (IELTS, ECA,application fee,etc), you stand to benefit more if both of you apply at the same time. If at anytime during the process,you find that you stand a better chance than your spouse or vice versa (in terms of the time and resources) ,you can ask her to drop her application while you proceed with yours.

It is true that Medical Doctors have a long way to go in terms of securing an ECA result for obvious reasons. The medical profession is not one that anybody can dabble into especially coming from a "3rd world country" as Nigeria. There are lot of hurdle to scale through and considering the fact that it takes an average 105 days **to process an ECA under the profession unlike the average 30 days** for other eligible occupations including Nursing. You can read up for more here http://mcc.ca/repository/educational-credential-assessment/

**These are conservative projections.It usually takes more than the days specified on the website.
thanks so much for the info i never knew both of us can apply as principal applicants. but how easy is it to drop her application later and i hope it wont be seen as a "fraud"
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ayofissy: 11:08pm On Aug 04, 2014
damkollins:
[b]As you have been advised already ,I'll prefer you attack it with dual actions .......yourself and Wifey.As a medical practitioner with mbbs degree certificate,you can be sure your ECA won't be completed this year as the minimum completion timing i have witnessed is about 5 months as you have to first do the source verification of your certificate first before ECA evaluation.Source verification alone may take almost 4 months.......ECA evaluation after source verification will take between 4 to 8 weeks depending on tons of request that they have.
Nursing profession follows same standard duration for ECA evaluation as other professions depending on how you can actively or passively speed it up with respect to verification......between 6weeks and 12 weeks will do......that's the average from my experience.
My advice........if you can afford it,initiate ECA evaluation for yourself and Wifey.Both of you should write IELTS in the capacity and seriousness of a principal applicant in other not to be disappointed by your scores .
Wifey process may be faster than yours as you may have to settle for her as the principal applicant but the source verification of your mbbs degree certificate makes you ready for Canadian job in your field as your details is already registered with medical council of Canada and you won't have to do it again.
The choice is yours based on financial resources at your disposal.........evaluation of your mbbs may cost around 80k or thereabouts while Wifey may be around 48k thereabouts .
Cheers[/b].
thanks damkollins, quite informative, but that means with the duration of source verification it might be better for her to apply to avoid the cap being filled before all this processing ,
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Okontami: 11:52pm On Aug 04, 2014
Hello Friends, please kindly guide me on the correct address to send the WES documentation (transcripts and Certificate) to. Please which one am I to use .

World Education Services
64 Beaver St. #146
New York, NY 10004
USA

OR

World Education Services
2 Carlton Street, Suite 1400
Toronto, Ontario M5B 1J3
Canada
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ANBAKO: 12:07am On Aug 05, 2014
Okontami: Hello Friends, please kindly guide me on the correct address to send the WES documentation (transcripts and Certificate) to. Please which one am I to use .

World Education Services
64 Beaver St. #146
New York, NY 10004
USA

OR

World Education Services
2 Carlton Street, Suite 1400
Toronto, Ontario M5B 1J3
Canada

You must send ECA evaluation requests/application to Canada.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bodescous: 7:27am On Aug 05, 2014
Hi guys in the forum... Your kind response have been really awesome here,I must commend.Please I will like to know if a man working as an Oil Marketer in NNPC for a period of 4 years and an MBA holder be eligible for a skilled labour in canada.Your prompt response will help a brother to make a right decision .Thank you.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 7:46am On Aug 05, 2014
bodescous: Hi guys in the forum... Your kind response have been really awesome here,I must commend.Please I will like to know if a man working as an Oil Marketer in NNPC for a period of 4 years and an MBA holder be eligible for a skilled labour in canada.Your prompt response will help a brother to make a right decision .Thank you.
It strictly depends on your Job duties as a marketer.Please find below the link to the eligible occupations...
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-instructions.asp
With the link above,you may check if your Job duties matches what is stated in the link below(use the code of your interested profession to search it out)
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=*
If you are able to fit into one of the 50 advertised profession,and your job duties matches it...then you can virtually evaluate yourself on other factors like Age,Education,IELTS and adaptability to see if you will meet minimum 67 points to apply.
Cheer.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by twentyfourseven: 10:31am On Aug 05, 2014
damkollins:
It strictly depends on your Job duties as a marketer.Please find below the link to the eligible occupations...
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-instructions.asp
With the link above,you may check if your Job duties matches what is stated in the link below(use the code of your interested profession to search it out)
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=*
If you are able to fit into one of the 50 advertised profession,and your job duties matches it...then you can virtually evaluate yourself on other factors like Age,Education,IELTS and adaptability to see if you will meet minimum 67 points to apply.
Cheer.

Pls could You forward ielts materials to me too? niyivasaz@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 3:58pm On Aug 05, 2014
twentyfourseven:

Pls could You forward ielts materials to me too? niyivasaz@gmail.com
Sent.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 4:18pm On Aug 05, 2014
ayofissy:
thanks so much for the info i never knew both of us can apply as principal applicants. but how easy is it to drop her application later and i hope it wont be seen as a "fraud"

It is not a fraud. As a matter of fact,an applicant can apply for 2 eligible occupations during the same (and different) intake..

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=864&t=6
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zeelo2014: 5:32pm On Aug 05, 2014
solomonwis:

It is not a fraud. As a matter of fact,an applicant can apply for 2 eligible occupations during the same (and different) intake..

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=864&t=6
hmm. interesting. NOC 0711 fits my job description fine but I have a different job title not listed as one of the examples of titles under that NOC. Will that fly?
2. Hope it won't be an issue getting another reference letter from HR with slight changes from the previous one I sent just for it to align more with this new NOC?
3. Gathering of documents. How do I get another IELTS Trf or will British Council submit my app to cic just as Damk pointed out?
4. I'm sending another app just incase the first one doesn't scale the first stage. But as soon as I get debited for my first app, I'm gonna block my acct from being debited for the 2nd app. Is that ok?
My first app is NOC 2131. Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 5:56pm On Aug 05, 2014
zeelo2014:
hmm. interesting. NOC 0711 fits my job description fine but I have a different job title not listed as one of the examples of titles under that NOC. Will that fly?
2. Hope it won't be an issue getting another reference letter from HR with slight changes from the previous one I sent just for it to align more with this new NOC?
3. Gathering of documents. How do I get another IELTS Trf or will British Council submit my app to cic just as Damk pointed out?
4. I'm sending another app just incase the first one doesn't scale the first stage. But as soon as I get debited for my first app, I'm gonna block my acct from being debited for the 2nd app. Is that ok?
My first app is NOC 2131. Thanks

Your job title has little or no impact on your eligible occupation (Even though I don't encourage a wide disparity)....

1. There's no problem with getting another reference letter from your company's HR but you have to be mindful of projecting yourself as desperate or trying to scale the hurdle at all cost (even though you should make all legitimate effort to do so). Once you are sure there are some main duties that have not be outlined in your work reference,you can ask your HR for an all encompassing work reference (this time with all of the main duties). I must warn here that there's an unwritten rule (or so it seems) applied when a reference letter carries more duties that might qualify you for more than one eligible occupations. HRSD uses a 51% rule - The main duties of your chosen eligible occupation should be a minimum of 51% of the work reference.

2. As explained above.

3.You can get another TRF following the procedure specified by the British Council (I believe @damkollins explained the procedure already).

4. There's nothing wrong with that.

I wish you luck!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by twentyfourseven: 6:13pm On Aug 05, 2014
damkollins:
Sent.
Cheers.

Received, thanks.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zeelo2014: 7:18pm On Aug 05, 2014
solomonwis:
I must warn here that there's an unwritten rule (or so it seems) applied when a reference letter carries more duties that might qualify you for more than one eligible occupations. HRSD uses a 51% rule - The main duties of your chosen eligible occupation should be a minimum of 51% of the work reference.

Thank you. But kindly break this further. Are u saying the duties listed out for a NOC shud be less than or at least half of what is written on your reference letter? Cos my Previous ref letter, only about 6 duties were outlined for me and they match some of the 14 listed out. I.e ref letter must cover more than NOC outlined? I'm thinking of adding the managerial aspect of my job to my previous reference letter.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 7:39pm On Aug 05, 2014
zeelo2014:
Thank you. But kindly break this further. Are u saying the duties listed out for a NOC shud be less than or at least half of what is written on your reference letter? Cos my Previous ref letter, only about 6 duties were outlined for me and they match some of the 14 listed out. I.e ref letter must cover more than NOC outlined? I'm thinking of adding the managerial aspect of my job to my previous reference letter.

It doesn't have to cover ALL the main duties listed in the NOC but a substantial part. 51% of your work reference SHOULD match (not verbatim) the NOC as listed.

Even if you listed 5 and 51% of the 5 main duties match your NOC main duties,then you are covered.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zeelo2014: 8:39pm On Aug 05, 2014
solomonwis:
Thank you. Will work on it this weekend.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by lillyadet: 10:56pm On Aug 05, 2014
Hello my good ppl. pls kindly advise me on the next step to take as it's been more than 2weeks since WES requested my institution (LAUTECH) to send a written verification of the transcript sent which they haven't. My source at student affairs unit verified that the verification has been done and the file has been transferred to registrar's office since 31st of July. I would like ppl that have experienced same/similar problem to pls advise me on what next to do as I do not know how many days more it 'll take my registrar to respond to WES request or will there be need for me to pay another #8,600 for courier charge?
The only delay being encountered now is WES verification as all other documents are ready...

Thank you all...
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Bash1oo: 8:55am On Aug 06, 2014
Hi all, need some expert opinion here.
I have a pending credential verification application (since May) with CES for two degrees, a Nigerian BSc and UK MSc. Not much has been done so far due to an ongoing strike in the Nigeria University (OAU to be specific).
I am however thinking of requesting for another credential verification service with WES but only for my UK degree which I am sure both the transcript and authentication would not take long and wont be problematic.
I would like to confirm if it is actually acceptable to present ECA for only the highest degree you are claiming points for, in other words, I want to apply and present ECA for only my MSc degree.
Do we have anybody that has done this is the past successfully?
Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 9:10am On Aug 06, 2014
Bash1oo: Hi all, need some expert opinion here.
I have a pending credential verification application (since May) with CES for two degrees, a Nigerian BSc and UK MSc. Not much has been done so far due to an ongoing strike in the Nigeria University (OAU to be specific).
I am however thinking of requesting for another credential verification service with WES but only for my UK degree which I am sure both the transcript and authentication would not take long and wont be problematic.
I would like to confirm if it is actually acceptable to present ECA for only the highest degree you are claiming points for, in other words, I want to apply and present ECA for only my MSc degree.
Do we have anybody that has done this is the past successfully?
Thanks
Please use WES to evaluate your UK Msc degree as it will take no time to complete it.
It is accepted as your Bsc is expected to be pre-requisite requirement for your Msc admission and the verification will show it.
I'm sure it is your Nigerian Bsc that slow down your CES evaluation.
Cheers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (322)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.