Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,217 members, 7,839,137 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (79) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (830413 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 10:37pm On Aug 10, 2014
seunlovesa: Apart from shares, stocks,business investments, landed properties, etc..... What are other forms of assets that can be declared with respect to CIC FSW program?

The below summarize it all:

These funds could be in the form of:

cash
documents that show property or capital payable to you (such as stocks, bonds, debentures, treasury bills, etc.) or
documents that guarantee payment of a set amount of money, which are payable to you (such as bankers’ drafts, cheques, travellers’ cheques or money orders).These funds could be in the form of:

cash
documents that show property or capital payable to you (such as stocks, bonds, debentures, treasury bills, etc.) or
documents that guarantee payment of a set amount of money, which are payable to you (such as bankers’ drafts, cheques, travellers’ cheques or money orders).

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 10:39pm On Aug 10, 2014
tlamp: Hello house,

I sent my application last week Friday and I just realised I didn't include the 2 self addressed envelopes as requested. I don't know how on earth I missed that despite several checks I did before submitting. What do you suggest I do now? Does this mean my application will be returned unprocessed? Or can I send the 2 self addressed envelopes with an explanation that I omitted it in the main application?

1.You are not expected to send 2 self addressed envelopes but 2 self addressed LABELS.

2. The omission is nothing serious to warrant an outright rejection of your application,just remain positive...
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by tlamp: 10:43pm On Aug 10, 2014
Thanks solomonwis for your clarification. I will stay hopeful.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ANBAKO: 10:53pm On Aug 10, 2014
solomonwis:

1.You are not expected to send 2 self addressed envelopes but 2 self addressed LABELS.

2. The omission is nothing serious to warrant an outright rejection of your application,just remain positive...

Please how does this label suppose to be? Will a size of half of a A4 paper be ok?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 10:57pm On Aug 10, 2014
solomonwis:

Let me respond to this with somebody's very recent experience:

There's no need mentioning your aunt in your application as the very essence of that (point for adaptability) is not necessary.

Thanks Solo. Just to clarify; did your friend not send a correct amount for POF when submitting to CIO Sydney? (initial application) or is it that they needed a current bank statement. Or they went behind him to check his bank account after he visited Ghana.
Please just give the tip clearly as it seems 40% clear to me.
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 11:06pm On Aug 10, 2014
Meritl:

Thanks Solo. Just to clarify; did your friend not send a correct amount for POF when submitting to CIO Sydney? (initial application) or is it that they needed a current bank statement. Or they went behind him to check his bank account after he visited Ghana.
Please just give the tip clearly as it seems 40% clear to me.
Thanks.

Well,not my friend..I just happened to be privy to this info...

The thing is,this person sent a property valuation along with his application( He had part fund in liquid and he felt he could show the remaining as asset).

The liquid fund was accepted (in the form of bank statement) but it was not up to the required amount for his family (because his property valuation that was supposed to make up the remaining balance was not accepted as proof of fund).

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 11:16pm On Aug 10, 2014
ANBAKO:

Please how does this label suppose to be? Will a size of half of a A4 paper be ok?

It is your normal label that is sticked to an envelope where you print your name and your address the address. You can always get this in a stationery store,just look/ask for address sticker/label and print your details on it.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by charles316: 11:24pm On Aug 10, 2014
I travelled to FUTA to get my PGD certificate only to discover that the school made mistake on my certificate. Silly mistake angry angry angry . They added an alphabet to my surname. To correct the mistake will take a month or 5 weeks. What else can I do?

Solomonwis
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 11:30pm On Aug 10, 2014
tlamp: Hello house,

I sent my application last week Friday and I just realised I didn't include the 2 self addressed envelopes as requested. I don't know how on earth I missed that despite several checks I did before submitting. What do you suggest I do now? Does this mean my application will be returned unprocessed? Or can I send the 2 self addressed envelopes with an explanation that I omitted it in the main application?
Don't worry.....it's not an issue for denial or rejection .
From my experience and documented evidences,no applicants has been denied based on this.Just pray other factors are fine.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 11:37pm On Aug 10, 2014
solomonwis:

Well,not my friend..I just happened to be privy to this info...

The thing is,this person sent a property valuation along with his application( He had part fund in liquid and he felt he could show the remaining as asset).

The liquid fund was accepted (in the form of bank statement) but it was not up to the required amount for his family (because his property valuation that was supposed to make up the remaining balance was not accepted as proof of fund).

Thanks a lot Solowise. Its clearer now. I'll only use POF in form of a bank balance. no property valuation for now.
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 11:48pm On Aug 10, 2014
charles316: I travelled to FUTA to get my PGD certificate only to discover that the school made mistake on my certificate. Silly mistake angry angry angry . They added an alphabet to my surname. To correct the mistake will take a month or 5 weeks. What else can I do?

Solomonwis

It is a dicey situation...Well,you've got to correct the certificate not just for the sake of applying for FSWP but for the sake of other things (that you might want to do with the certificate)that are equally important.

I think in the meantime,do include a sworn affidavit stating that there was an error (mentioning the particular error) on your certificate and you have made effort to correct this by contacting your educational institution for an amendment. If possible,get a letter from your educational institution confirming that you have indeed brought to the institution's knowledge the error on your certificate and effort is being made to correct it (This might be a little difficult to secure given that the institution will not want to "market" it mistakes but you can still try).

I would implore you to ensure that there's no repetition on your academic transcripts to be forwarded directly by the educational institution. This will give credence to the sworn affidavit and well as give opportunity for confirmation/authenticity with the educational institution.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by jangirova: 1:05am On Aug 11, 2014
@ Solomonwise, the guy's (teejez) experience you shared.
Which fsw application was he referring to? 2013 fsw or the latest ongoing 2014 fsw?. Welldone guys, keep up the good job.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by kclub83(m): 3:53am On Aug 11, 2014
please house, i read through the federal skilled worker's program but my discpline could not fit into the the program. i studied public admin and i have 2years experience as customer care representative in the telecoms. please, which other program can i apply for under the available canadian programmes? please i need urgent ans
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by kclub83(m): 4:05am On Aug 11, 2014
please, for those that have applied for the federal skill program, how much is the payment after subsmitting your application coz i need to know to be able to prepare myself for the payment.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 7:42am On Aug 11, 2014
kclub83: please, for those that have applied for the federal skill program, how much is the payment after subsmitting your application coz i need to know to be able to prepare myself for the payment.

It is depending on your family size.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by technolee(m): 8:07am On Aug 11, 2014
kclub83: please, for those that have applied for the federal skill program, how much is the payment after subsmitting your application coz i need to know to be able to prepare myself for the payment.
If only you can make time to download the application guide, most of these questions will be like yam to you. Well, for a single applicant, you will be charged CAD550.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 8:10am On Aug 11, 2014
jangirova: @ Solomonwise, the guy's (teejez) experience you shared.
Which fsw application was he referring to? 2013 fsw or the latest ongoing 2014 fsw?. Welldone guys, keep up the good job.

He is a September 2011 FSWP applicant...Accra is not attending to 2013 yet but hopefully they'd soon.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by technolee(m): 8:12am On Aug 11, 2014
ANBAKO:

Don't sweat too much my friend. What I did in my case was that I typed and printed the name and address on an A4 paper. Just follow suit and be positive.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by shabbey09: 8:25am On Aug 11, 2014
Hello gurus, I have tonnes of questions:

Firstly, must all Nigerian applications be sent to Accra or do we have an option of where to send it?

Secondly, my hubby will be 36 by december 2015 and he's the principal applicant, we would have submitted before december though but will he still be able to claim 12 points under age?

Thirdly, aside immiediate family members who and on what grounds can someone accompany you to Canada?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 8:42am On Aug 11, 2014
shabbey09: Hello gurus, I have tonnes of questions:

Firstly, must all Nigerian applications be sent to Accra or do we have an option of where to send it?

Secondly, my hubby will be 36 by december 2015 and he's the principal applicant, we would have submitted before december though but will he still be able to claim 12 points under age?

Thirdly, aside immiediate family members who and on what grounds can someone accompany you to Canada?
All Nigerians resident in Nigeria will choose Accra office as their local visa office.
Any Nigerian that can provide proof that he or she have been lawfully admitted for a period of atleast a year for another region/country(as a legal resident) can choose the local visa office responsible for that country/region.

CIC will evaluate your hubby's supporting document based on the time stamp it was received....application received date.

Dependants are the ones allowed to land with you......accompany yo to canada.(spouse,children and adopted children)
Immediate family members are qualified to be sponsored by you....that is the reason why their names have been listed by you in some of the forms.
If you are able to land in Manitoba province,you may be qualified to sponsor a friend to the province on yearly basis....subject to existing rules.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 8:48am On Aug 11, 2014
shabbey09: Hello gurus, I have tonnes of questions:

All applications are FIRST sent (by applicants) to the Central Intake Office(CIO) of Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) office in Sydney,Nova Scotia,Canada. Once your application has been adjudged eligible and scored the minimum required point,the application will be forwarded to the Immigration office (Visa office) you have indicated on your application form.

Nigerians resident in Nigeria are expected to choose Accra visa office when filling the application and the processing will continue from there until it is concluded.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by shabbey09: 8:57am On Aug 11, 2014
Thanks damkollins and solomonwis
God bless you real good.

damkollins:
All Nigerians resident in Nigeria will choose Accra office as their local visa office.
Any Nigerian that can provide proof that he or she have been lawfully admitted for a period of atleast a year for another region/country(as a legal resident) can choose the local visa office responsible for that country/region.

CIC will evaluate your hubby's supporting document based on the time stamp it was received....application received date.

Dependants are the ones allowed to land with you......accompany yo to canada.(spouse,children and adopted children)
Immediate family members are qualified to be sponsored by you....that is the reason why their names have been listed by you in some of the forms.
If you are able to land in Manitoba province,you may be qualified to sponsor a friend to the province on yearly basis....subject to existing rules.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 9:01am On Aug 11, 2014
[b]Your question seems ambiguous for now but I'll try to break it down.
If you are talking of the processing fees during the application stage which will be charged after your application has been submitted,its 550CAD for principal applicants and spouse(if any).If they have children aged 18 years and above,it is 550CAD.If they have children lesser than 19years old,it is 150CAD.

Another fee is the Right of permanence residence fee (RPRF) to be paid by principal applicants and applicants 490CAD and children of 19 years and above will also pay.Children between 0 and 19years are not required to pay it.This will be requested to be paid by the local visa office.

The third one that is general is not a payment...you just need to show an evidence that you have in your account.it is called proof of fund (POF) settlement funds.This as you have been told already above depends on your family size.Family size can either be one (only principal applicant) or more (principal applicants and other dependants.

Cheers.[/b]
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by shabbey09: 9:06am On Aug 11, 2014
However, how come the Accra office is so slow? Does this mean that those of us submitting now won't get response until 2016? I thought the process is faster now and takes under a year to finish processing?

shabbey09: Thanks damkollins and solomonwis
God bless you real good.

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by jangirova: 9:13am On Aug 11, 2014
solomonwis:

He is a September 2011 FSWP applicant...Accra is not attending to 2013 yet but hopefully they'd soon.

Thanks for the prompt response.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 9:20am On Aug 11, 2014
shabbey09: However, how come the Accra office is so slow? Does this mean that those of us submitting now won't get response until 2016? I thought the process is faster now and takes under a year to finish processing?

Unfortunately,no one can provide explanation for the slow processing speed in Accra office (and some visa offices around the world too). I have at one point sent a mail to the Canadian Minister of Immigration and Citizenship on this issue and the response I got is reproduced below:

[b]Dear XXXXX XXXXXX XXXXXX:

This is in reply to your e-mail of June 6, 2014, addressed to Mr. Chris Alexander, Minister of Citizenship and Immigration, about application processing times in Accra.

We realize that those who have submitted their applications look forward to a decision being rendered within a reasonable waiting period after applying. We make every effort to deal with the applications we receive in the most efficient and effective way. However, the many steps involved in processing an application, coupled with the volume of applications, sometimes make it difficult to conclude cases in as timely a manner as we would like.

Maintaining the integrity of our immigration program is a priority of the Government of Canada. Individuals who want to live permanently in Canada must meet certain requirements which include medical, criminality and security clearances. These requirements exist to protect the interests and safety of Canadians. The onus rests on the applicant to prove that he or she has met the requirements for entry to Canada or that admission would not be contrary to legislative requirements.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) conducts background checks by working together with partner agencies such as the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, the Canadian Security Intelligence Service, the Canada Border Services Agency, medical authorities and agencies of foreign governments. Background screening processes are non-discriminatory and universal in their application. Any delays or requirements that our partner agencies may require in providing input are something over which we have no control. In addition, background and medical examination results are usually valid for a 12-month period. Should background or medical clearances expire during the application process, the applicant is required to update their results.

The need for further analysis of some cases by immigration and/or visa officials can also result in further delays. In addition, incomplete applications, failure to provide additional information, complexity of a case, difficulty in communicating with an applicant(s) or accompanying or non-accompanying dependant(s), postal or courier service delays, previous dealings with Canadian immigration officials, inadmissibility issues (criminality, medical condition) can contribute to processing delays. Multiple residences and/or employment, education, business dealings, or military service in different geographical areas, can also significantly delay the background clearance process. In this situation, clearances or verifications of documents must be obtained from different issuing authorities in many jurisdictions. Because of the variables involved, it is often impossible to predict the amount of time it will take to complete an application.

CIC has finite resources to deploy throughout its extensive overseas network. Many visa offices have large caseloads that involve priority class applications and require sufficient allocations of CIC’s finite resources to ensure these cases are finalized as quickly as possible. Each visa office must deal with operational environments unique both to its role in CIC’s overseas program commitments and the realities of the region of the world in which they are located. This means that processing times for the same category of applications may vary within the CIC visa office network. Given the varying operational environments in different countries, comparisons between visa offices can be misleading.

Processing targets for visa offices are set within a global management plan that incorporates the capacities of all PR processing visa offices within CIC’s overseas network. CIC continually reviews the configuration of its overseas network to ensure that its resources are deployed to maximize its ability to effectively serve our clients.

CIC is committed to the equitable and transparent treatment of all PR applications, regardless of the origin of those applications. However, the resourcing and target levels for some visa offices must be balanced against the requirements of other visa offices in the CIC network. Information about processing times is published and regularly updated on the CIC Website at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp.

Thank you for taking the time to write and express your concerns.

Y. Levesque
Ministerial Enquiries Division[/b]

We can only hope for the best for now but you never can tell what can happen in the next few days..
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 9:22am On Aug 11, 2014
shabbey09: However, how come the Accra office is so slow? Does this mean that those of us submitting now won't get response until 2016? I thought the process is faster now and takes under a year to finish processing?

Let us hope to change for better.
For now,average current processing trend is like 31 months....about 2 years or so.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 12:45pm On Aug 11, 2014
Processing time for Morocco is just 3 months.
NIGERIA THE GIANT OF AFRICA and subjected to 31 months in Ghana.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ankprank: 2:57pm On Aug 11, 2014
hi, Just wanted to know that I had applied for the FSW on 5th of may 2014 and application deliverd on 13th may 2014 my dd has been encashed as on 25 July 2014(as got confirmed from the issuing bank) but yet not have received any communication from the CIC. What shall i do can you pls advise on the same.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 3:08pm On Aug 11, 2014
ankprank: hi, Just wanted to know that I had applied for the FSW on 5th of may 2014 and application deliverd on 13th may 2014 my dd has been encashed as on 25 July 2014(as got confirmed from the issuing bank) but yet not have received any communication from the CIC. What shall i do can you pls advise on the same.
Do nothing.......
Be patient........
Relax your nerves.......
Most applicants if not all in your timeline are yet to get any communication(by email) from CIC other than their encashment news which is like 90% success already.Applicants of 7th or 8th are currently been sent the positive eligibility email so I'll suggest you wait to hear for the next 2 weeks or so.
Do you by any chance have UCI number,if yes,you may try to log on to check your ECAS updates.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ankprank: 3:42pm On Aug 11, 2014
Thanks dear for the good hopes.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yomfad(m): 3:44pm On Aug 11, 2014
Hello Good People, please does anyone,, by chance know the medium employ by WES to verify credentials? i received a mail from WES stating it has sent a copy of my certificate (which i sent thru registered mail) to my school for verification. meanwhile, i had just applied for my transcript online and still monitoring it through my contact to know if it has been sent but not yet. is WES using E-mails to contact school?

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (322)

Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.