Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,163 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (80) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (829281 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 3:51pm On Aug 11, 2014
Hello house: is it possible I get my PCC @ Ibadan without travelling all the way to Alagbon, Lagos?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Okontami: 3:58pm On Aug 11, 2014
seunlovesa: Hello house: is it possible I get my PCC @ Ibadan without travelling all the way to Alagbon, Lagos?
Yes go to the Big Police station at Dugbe, Close to the rail way line. I forgot the name man. I did mine there many years ago. its where they do it. However it takes 3 days. Go with 2 passport photo and a scan copy of your International passport photopage. They will take your finger prints and ask you to come back in 2 days. They transfer docs every Wednesday to Lagos office, so the best thing for you to do is to go there right now or tomorrow morning so they can get it for you on or before Friday. The police there are very friendly , so no hassle.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 4:05pm On Aug 11, 2014
Okontami: Yes go to the Big Police station at Dugbe, Close to the rail way line. I forgot the name man. I did mine there many years ago. its where they do it. However it takes 3 days. Go with 2 passport photo and a scan copy of your International passport photopage. They will take your finger prints and ask you to come back in 2 days. They transfer docs every Wednesday to Lagos office, so the best thing for you to do is to go there right now or tomorrow morning so they can get it for you on or before Friday. The police there are very friendly , so no hassle.

Thanks for the swift response. What's the price like?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yomifowe(m): 4:24pm On Aug 11, 2014
Hi everyone,

What experience counts for a FSW applicant. Is it only for the NOC you are applying for or all your past work experience?

Pls reply.
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 5:12pm On Aug 11, 2014
yomfad: Hello Good People, please does anyone,, by chance know the medium employ by WES to verify credentials? i received a mail from WES stating it has sent a copy of my certificate (which i sent thru registered mail) to my school for verification. meanwhile, i had just applied for my transcript online and still monitoring it through my contact to know if it has been sent but not yet. is WES using E-mails to contact school?

Thanks

It depends from school to school.
Be rest assured that WES have an established contact medium for your school....email or post office box address to your school depending on previous dealings with your school .You can personally contact WES to use courier to send the verification request to your school but the cost of the courier service will be on you.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 6:18pm On Aug 11, 2014
Hello house. Please is there anyone writing the IELTS for August 16th in Benin? I urgently need the test venue for it.
My Wife's IELTS is on the 16th too but she cannot access her mail in which the test schedule was sent to.
Today, I called IELTS Abuja and they promised to send it to a new mail address when I drop the call but she is yet to receive it.
So, I urgently need the help of anyone who registered in Benin in order to go to the venue on the speaking start date and probably get some info.

I'm going to call IELTS Abuja tomorrow to remind them.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Ekpekus(m): 7:46pm On Aug 11, 2014
Meritl: Hello house. Please is there anyone writing the IELTS for August 16th in Benin? I urgently need the test venue for it.
My Wife's IELTS is on the 16th too but she cannot access her mail in which the test schedule was sent to.
Today, I called IELTS Abuja and they promised to send it to a new mail address when I drop the call but she is yet to receive it.
So, I urgently need the help of anyone who registered in Benin in order to go to the venue on the speaking start date and probably get some info.
I'm going to call IELTS Abuja tomorrow to remind them.
The venue for the speaking ,writing, listening and reading takes place at the hotel opposite the exit gate of the Benin Airport in GRA, Benin. Time for reading, writing and listening is 9AM, 16th August but she should be present by 7AM for screening and verification. Time and date for speaking usually varies from candidates to candidates though it is same venue, my colleague is doing his on Sunday, 17th by 5pm. candidates have been sent mails to know when theirs is holding. since the email cant be accessed, calling IELTS Abuja is also a viable option but i know during registration online, there use to be a phone number given for candidates in Benin center to contact. Examination number is usually on the mail sent and she will need a copy of that mail with her international passport to seat for the exams.

i hope this helped
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by kclub83(m): 8:20pm On Aug 11, 2014
pls i studied public admin and currently working as a customer care in d telecoms industry. I need to knw if i will be eligible for d federal skilled program
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 9:12pm On Aug 11, 2014
Ekpekus:
The venue for the speaking ,writing, listening and reading takes place at the hotel opposite the exit gate of the Benin Airport in GRA, Benin. Time for reading, writing and listening is 9AM, 16th August but she should be present by 7AM for screening and verification. Time and date for speaking usually varies from candidates to candidates though it is same venue, my colleague is doing his on Sunday, 17th by 5pm. candidates have been sent mails to know when theirs is holding. since the email cant be accessed, calling IELTS Abuja is also a viable option but i know during registration online, there use to be a phone number given for candidates in Benin center to contact. Examination number is usually on the mail sent and she will need a copy of that mail with her international passport to seat for the exams.

i hope this helped

Thanks. It did.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yomfad(m): 11:51am On Aug 12, 2014
damkollins:
It depends from school to school.
Be rest assured that WES have an established contact medium for your school....email or post office box address to your school depending on previous dealings with your school .You can personally contact WES to use courier to send the verification request to your school but the cost of the courier service will be on you.
Cheers.

Thanks Damkolins. i will wait for their response then....Fortunately my NOC is crawling grin
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Okontami: 1:12pm On Aug 12, 2014
seunlovesa:

Thanks for the swift response. What's the price like?
About 5,000 that year oooo. That was like 4 years ago.

So hold like 10k for pocket. He fit reach , he fit no reach .

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 2:03pm On Aug 12, 2014
Thank God my wife has been able to get her test invite via another mail.
Her speaking is on Sunday, with others on Saturday.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 3:22pm On Aug 12, 2014
Meritl: Thank God my wife has been able to get her test invite via another mail.
Her speaking is on Sunday, with others on Saturday.
See as u dey call my wife anyhow thesedays. Married man..... grin
Mak she do her best even if she isn't d PA.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 4:28pm On Aug 12, 2014
ferdimako:
See as u dey call my wife anyhow thesedays. Married man..... grin
Mak she do her best even if she isn't d PA.

Guy na so. She get perform well even if she need like 4 for all sections, some 3.5 self. Though I've told her she needs 7 across all sections so that she nor go too play.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 5:26pm On Aug 12, 2014
Meritl:

Guy na so. She get perform well even if she need like 4 for all sections, some 3.5 self. Though I've told her she needs 7 across all sections so that she nor go too play.
Good luck to u guys! New wife, go break a leg!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 5:47pm On Aug 12, 2014
Caps updates!
Total received toward the overall cap: 887 of 25,000
Check link below for breakdown.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/complete-applications.asp
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Ekpekus(m): 7:12pm On Aug 12, 2014
Meritl:

She will need at least a 5 across all sections to make you as the PA gain 5 points under adaptability. Wishing her the best!
i trust you've written yours, cos the way you dey urge for her parole make me dey see am like dat grin
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ANBAKO: 7:54pm On Aug 12, 2014
House,

I finally submitted my application today.
Just want to thank you all for the support.
Let's keep up the good work......Pray we shall all receive good news from CIC soonest.
Good luck to everyone.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by drharry: 8:03pm On Aug 12, 2014
Please I urgently need IELTS materials sent to my email...dranizor@gmail.com. Thank you
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 8:19pm On Aug 12, 2014
Ekpekus:
She will need at least a 5 across all sections to make you as the PA gain 5 points under adaptability. Wishing her the best!
i trust you've written yours, cos the way you dey urge for her parole make me dey see am like dat grin
Read back!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 9:07pm On Aug 12, 2014
ANBAKO: House,

I finally submitted my application today.
Just want to thank you all for the support.
Let's keep up the good work......Pray we shall all receive good news from CIC soonest.
Good luck to everyone.

Thanks Anbak's
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 9:08pm On Aug 12, 2014
Ekpekus:

Yes I have. Was able to get 22 points from English.

But she has to score CLB 4 and above. I.e. [img][/img]
And CLB 4 is Listening: 4.5​
Reading: 3.5​
Writing: 4.0​
Speaking: 4.0​

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 10:11pm On Aug 12, 2014
You can convert your IELTS to CLB, Check here.
http://www.ieltsessentials.com/clb/index.html
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by kclub83(m): 8:48am On Aug 13, 2014
Pls house i need urgent response. I studied public admin with years of experience in customer service in d telecoms industry. Pls can i apply for the federal skilled workers program? Pls urgent response
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 9:13am On Aug 13, 2014
kclub83: Pls house i need urgent response. I studied public admin with years of experience in customer service in d telecoms industry. Pls can i apply for the federal skilled workers program? Pls urgent response
It depends on your Job descriptions.
You need to check if your Job descriptions fits any of the eligible professions listed out.
Once you are sure of this,you can now take into consideration other factors like Age,Academic,Proof of English or adaptability factors.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Ekpekus(m): 10:37am On Aug 13, 2014
ferdimako:
Read back!
ok. i have seen it.
Meritl:
Yes I have. Was able to get 22 points from English.
But she has to score CLB 4 and above. I.e. [img][/img]
And CLB 4 is Listening: 4.5​
Reading: 3.5​
Writing: 4.0​
Speaking: 4.0​
Aii. i never knew about that conversion. I wish her all the best.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 1:20pm On Aug 13, 2014
Hello House,
You guy are doing a great job here..... i have a question please, I am in my mid 30's and a WAEC certificate holder with over seven years work experience as a front desk/admin asst.
my question now is......
is my WAEC cert and work exp good enough to apply for skill migration? If yes, what step do i need to take to start the process.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 3:58pm On Aug 13, 2014
damkollins:
It depends on your Job descriptions.
You need to check if your Job descriptions fits any of the eligible professions listed out.
Once you are sure of this,you can now take into consideration other factors like Age,Academic,Proof of English or adaptability factors.
Cheers.

Please, i have seven years plus work experience as a receptionist/admin asst with my waec result. i want to know if my years of work exp is enough to apply for federal skill migration program (as a receptionist or admin asst).
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Fingertips(f): 4:02pm On Aug 13, 2014
Hello good people,

Commendable job on here. I just came across this post after a friend urged me to apply for this. I have some questions;
1. Is there a closing date for this?
2. What are the step by step process involved granted I have B.Eng and MSc Degrees with over one year experience in the capacity of project engineer.

I appreciate your responses. Many thanks.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by subsidy12: 5:51pm On Aug 13, 2014
Hi all, I need advice here pls. the Canadian lawyers who assist with ones application for a fee. Do they do anything different than one can do by himself? Do they really have an input or can process the visa faster like they claim. I filled out an assessment and the feedback I got is they use their influence to ensure permanent visa is gotten between 6 and 8months.

Pls Advice. Thank you
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 7:30pm On Aug 13, 2014
subsidy12: Hi all, I need advice here pls. the Canadian lawyers who assist with ones application for a fee. Do they do anything different than one can do by himself? Do they really have an input or can process the visa faster like they claim. I filled out an assessment and the feedback I got is they use their influence to ensure permanent visa is gotten between 6 and 8months.

Pls Advice. Thank you

There is nothing special that they do. My aunt applied around 2010 and moved in 2012. She applied herself without a representative.
And as stated on CIC's website, the use of a rep does not amount to any advantage. Be careful on these online guys.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 9:31pm On Aug 13, 2014
nkechima:

Please, i have seven years plus work experience as a receptionist/admin asst with my waec result. i want to know if my years of work exp is enough to apply for federal skill migration program (as a receptionist or admin asst).
Your ssce result can be evaluated but i doubt if you will be able to get to the minimum mark of 67 points to qualify you for eligibility.Your ssce evaluation will only give you 5points.
Maximum of experience will fetch you 15points,maximum of IELTS will give you 24 points,maximum of adaptability will earn you about 10 points making a total points of 54 points which is still about 13points short of 67points minimum for you to be eligible.
Without 67 points minimum,you will and can not qualify to apply for FSW.
Cheers.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (322)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.