Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,895 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

Why Do Some Christians And/or Muslims Believe We Are Serving The Same God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Some Christians And/or Muslims Believe We Are Serving The Same God? (843 Views)

I Have Very Strong Reasons To Believe We Are Not In The Year 2013 AD / Some Muslims Will Make Heaven While Some Christians Will Not. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Some Christians And/or Muslims Believe We Are Serving The Same God? by Nobody: 2:56pm On May 04, 2013
Yes! It baffles me whenever I hear some christians and muslims saying we serve the same God but in different way. I totally disconcur to that not because I know the bible or quran so well but simply because the muslims are totally different from the christians, the way they worship their own God and the way they love to take the lives of the christians with remorse is something to write a book about. Not only in Nigeria but all over the world. It seems some believe in killing in the name of Allah while some don't but yet they pray the same way and the read the same quran. If we truly are serving the same God, then why would that God want us to serve him in different ways! Christianity talks about The Holy Bible,while they talk about the Holy Quran, we talk about Jesus, they talk about Mohammed, and so many other names in the bible and quran that means the same person. I don't quite understand all these and I hope those who do and kind enough to share should do that.(I hope no offence is attached) thanks.
Re: Why Do Some Christians And/or Muslims Believe We Are Serving The Same God? by Nobody: 3:01pm On May 04, 2013
Good day emm,

First of, I believe we worship the same God...

Secondly, I have friends who are Muslims and some of them are better behaved than some Christians...

I even have a relative that is married to a Muslim guy and this guy allows her take the children to church...can you do this?

When you go about making general comments about Muslims, ask yourself this salient question: Does this apply to every Muslim?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Christians And/or Muslims Believe We Are Serving The Same God? by Nobody: 3:20pm On May 04, 2013
Thanks... I didn't say all muslims I said some. I stay in the north, Bauchi to be precised and I know what I'm talking about.

Now, serving the same God is still something I find very hard to comprehend because I still don't understand why the bible is different from the Quran. The bible says there's only one true God likewise the quran.

So now which of the gods is true its either this or that. So if you say we are serving the same God, then you have to explain categorically. Thanks.
Re: Why Do Some Christians And/or Muslims Believe We Are Serving The Same God? by Nobody: 3:43pm On May 04, 2013
emmboy: Thanks... I didn't say all muslims I said some.

Oh sorry...my bad, I must have missed that...

emmboy:
I stay in the north, Bauchi to be precised and I know what I'm talking about.

I am sure you do!

emmboy:
Now, serving the same God is still something I find very hard to comprehend because I still don't understand why the bible is different from the Quran. The bible says there's only one true God likewise the quran.

So now which of the gods is true its either this or that. So if you say we are serving the same God, then you have to explain categorically. Thanks.

There is only one true God, the creator of the heavens and Earth...

It is inherent in man to always seek its creator, in one way or the other...the question about the origin of man always linger in the hearts of every being who seeks knowledge...

The journey to the creator is really not cast in stone...since the 'fall' of man at the garden of Eden, God has always sought to reconcile man to himself but this initiative by God is always met with the inability of man to hear this call of God clearly as we once did.

Despite this flaw, man has always sought ways of getting to understand how he came to be and his ultimate purpose in life...this really has lead man to find ways of re-uniting himself with his creator...hence the many pathways we see today...

I believe that Christianity is the path God has carved out for me but this does not mean that every other person is damned to eternal punishment...far from it, God always finds a way of redeeming all who belongs to him, whether they are Christians or not...
Re: Why Do Some Christians And/or Muslims Believe We Are Serving The Same God? by enilove(m): 5:29pm On May 04, 2013
striktlymi: Good day emm,

Secondly, I have friends who are Muslims and some of them are better behaved than some Christians...

I even have a relative that is married to a Muslim guy and this guy allows her take the children to church...can you do this?

When you go about making general comments about Muslims, ask yourself this salient question: Does this apply to every Muslim?

If you are a christian,you should know that without Jesus Christ no man can make heaven.
John 3:3 "Jesus answered and said unto them,Verily, verily, I say unto thee,except a man be born again,he cannot see the kingdom of God."
Is it possible to be born again without accepting Jesus Christ as your saviour? Definitely not.

There are many idol worshippers that are good. Do you think that will make them to see God?

The quran explained this in sura 9:29"Fight against such of those who have been given the Scripture as believe not in Allah nor the last Day,& forbid not that which Allah hath forbidden by his messanger,and follow not d religion of truth....."
If Allah is the same God of Abraham,the christian worshipps and which gave the Scripture,why would he command the muslims to fight the christians? And the same God gave the Christians a command not to fight in Mat5:39 "But I tell you not to try to get even with a person who has done something to you."
Also in Ephesians 6:12 "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood,but against principalities,against powere,against the rulers of darkness...."Is there any explanation for this?

The quran states also that the Christians and the Muslims are not worshipping the same God in Sura 109 "Say o disbelievers! I worship not that which ye worship.Nor worship ye that which I worship.Nor will ye worship that which I worship.Unto you your religion,and unto me my religion"

As a christian,how can you win the souls of these ones for Christ?

Who would a muslim call on for the forgiveness of their sins?Allah?
Even Jehovah God would not forgive any man for committing sin except in the name of Jesus. Any General Overseer or pastor that commits a sin and does not ask for forgiveness cannot make heaven.

How can one God say ,do not divorce and do not marry anyone that is divorced and also say to another person you and your followers can divorce and marry a divorced woman.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Christians And/or Muslims Believe We Are Serving The Same God? by Nobody: 6:13pm On May 04, 2013
Evening enilov,

Let's see how we can do this...

enilove:

If you are a christian,you should know that without Jesus Christ no man can make heaven.

The above is not in dispute...

enilove:
John 3:3 "Jesus answered and said unto them,Verily, verily, I say unto thee,except a man be born again,he cannot see the kingdom of God."

The passage of sacred scriptures you quoted is in order and not in dispute...

enilove:
Is it possible to be born again without accepting Jesus Christ as your saviour? Definitely not.

The answer to the above, you have already provided...so it is not in dispute because I agree...

enilove:
There are many idol worshippers that are good. Do you think that will make them to see God?

Yes I believe that if one you consider an idol worshiper does right by God in line with the principles of right conscience, then he can make heaven...

enilove:
The quran explained this in sura 9:29"Fight against such of those who have been given the Scripture as believe not in Allah nor the last Day,& forbid not that which Allah hath forbidden by his messanger,and follow not d religion of truth....."

I am not a muslim and refrain from commenting on the above extract...I have my thoughts on the matter but let the Muslims defend the Quran...

enilove:
If Allah is the same God of Abraham,the christian worshipps and which gave the Scripture,why would he command the muslims to fight the christians? And the same God gave the Christians a command not to fight in Mat5:39 "But I tell you not to try to get even with a person who has done something to you."
Also in Ephesians 6:12 "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood,but against principalities,against powere,against the rulers of darkness...."Is there any explanation for this?

Why different and conflicting orders from the same God? The answer is rather obvious...MAN has decided to use whatever is written for his selfish ends...

enilove:
The quran states also that the Christians and the Muslims are not worshipping the same God in Sura 109 "Say o disbelievers! I worship not that which ye worship.Nor worship ye that which I worship.Nor will ye worship that which I worship.Unto you your religion,and unto me my religion"

The Muslim God, is he the creator of the Heavens and Earth according to Islam? If Yes, then they worship the God I worship but choose to know him by another name...

If my brother comes to me and tell me that my father is not my father any more, does that stop my dad from being who he is to me? Talk is cheap...

enilove:

...and the above is meant to be what?...an emotional blackmail?...ask around, all those don't get to me...

enilove:

It's obvious that they would call on Allah...

enilove:
Even Jehovah God would not forgive any man for committing sin except in the name of Jesus.

...and who told you that?

enilove:
Any General Overseer or pastor that commits a sin and does not ask for forgiveness cannot make heaven.

...that's the GO's business man!

enilove:
How can one God say ,do not divorce and do not marry anyone that is divorced and also say to another person you and your followers can divorce and marry a divorced woman.

I have answered a similar question before...refer to it!
Re: Why Do Some Christians And/or Muslims Believe We Are Serving The Same God? by TarryFour: 1:30am On May 05, 2013
Re: Why Do Some Christians And/or Muslims Believe We Are Serving The Same God? by wazobiaforu(m): 12:38pm On May 05, 2013
OP and Enilove, put the hatred aside and think deep, enilove you are not promoting the commandment of Jesus which is love, you always shows hatred to islam and that make you bias in almost all your post, now you have been having Quranic verses unlike before.

To me, Xtial and Muslim worship same God

Don't hate Arabic language and admire English language just because we are not colonized by arabian, you bliv your most suprem being is "GOD" "OLORUN" "CHUKWU" but not ALLAH, had it been we were colonized by arabic speaking master you won't be saying this.

Do you want to know Bible more than group of Bible scholars that help in traslating it to different languages? If not them don't you think everybody will be force to learn greek? Bible is in different Languages and God name is written in different languages, Check arabic Bible and you will see that GOD is interchange with ALLAH.

Come to the north and you will see the christian notherners using Allah in their prayer.

Nobody can fight for God, enilove said God can not say something and change it, what happen to all the laws in old testament?

We worship the same most supreme being just differently.

I read a post that said any xtian that does not follow the teaching of Kumuyi of deeper life will go to hell fire, what can you say about this?

Nobody can fight for God

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Christians And/or Muslims Believe We Are Serving The Same God? by PastorOluT(m): 2:31pm On May 05, 2013
enilove:

Even Jehovah God would not forgive any man for committing sin except in the name of Jesus. Any General Overseer or pastor that commits a sin and does not ask for forgiveness cannot make heaven.

I agree with you man.

God bless u
Re: Why Do Some Christians And/or Muslims Believe We Are Serving The Same God? by ninja4life(m): 3:45pm On May 05, 2013

wow dats good to know if all christians and muslims in d country can agree dat dey serve d same god i tink their will be less religious wars and wen making political decisions such as voting religion of d candidate wont be a factor dis can also increase d chance of a better candidate winning an election base on capacity.d church i attend with my parents preaches dat christians and muslims donot serve d same god and dat dey will ALL rot in hell except dey convert to christianity.dis are among d things dat made me consider being an agnostic/atheist at heart cos i cant imagine a loving god killing my good muslim friends who hav impactd +vely in my life.dats a bitter pill 4 me to swallow.dey even tell ignorant congregation how a man was taken to hell and saw mohammed there in pain,i did really believe it as at then but now i dont take gibberish anymore cant wait to get admission into university out of d prying eye of my parent esp my mum.and hope those bokos stop bombing evrywhere cos of religion,d problem is nto really religion but those extremist both in christian and islam e.g boko haram,etc.hope we learn and move on from religion to science and technology.
Re: Why Do Some Christians And/or Muslims Believe We Are Serving The Same God? by ninja4life(m): 3:49pm On May 05, 2013

Re: Why Do Some Christians And/or Muslims Believe We Are Serving The Same God? by Nobody: 4:29pm On May 05, 2013
Good day ninja,

ninja4life:
wow dats good to know if all christians and muslims in d country can agree dat dey serve d same god i tink their will be less religious wars and wen making political decisions such as voting religion of d candidate wont be a factor dis can also increase d chance of a better candidate winning an election base on capacity.d church i attend with my parents preaches dat christians and muslims donot serve d same god and dat dey will ALL rot in hell except dey convert to christianity.dis are among d things dat made me consider being an agnostic/atheist at heart cos i cant imagine a loving god killing my good muslim friends who hav impactd +vely in my life.dats a bitter pill 4 me to swallow.dey even tell ignorant congregation how a man was taken to hell and saw mohammed there in pain,i did really believe it as at then but now i dont take gibberish anymore cant wait to get admission into university out of d prying eye of my parent esp my mum.and hope those bokos stop bombing evrywhere cos of religion,d problem is nto really religion but those extremist both in christian and islam e.g boko haram,etc.

Your thoughts above are so on point. But I don't understand why you would become an Atheist because someone decided to tell you his personal thoughts on the ish of who will make heaven or hell...

Talk is cheap and anyone can come to say whatever he likes about an ish but it does not mean the individual is correct...if you want to leave religion, I will advice that you leave for better reasons...

It is indeed sad that religion has more than enough extremist and I quite agree with you that this is a trend that needs to to be 'nipped in the bud'...

ninja4life:
hope we learn and move on from religion to science and technology.

I believe firmly that religion does not hinder one from studying science and technology...this actually is one of the wrong notions people have about religion.

(1) (Reply)

Rccg Open Heavens Devotion Wednesday 12th June, 2013 The Word As A Spy Agent By / Today's Gold Is Tomorrow's Copper / Video:kenyan Man Wants Ruling Against Jesus Christ By Pontius Pilate Overturned,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.