Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,483 members, 7,823,117 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

Advice Me On Course For Msc - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Advice Me On Course For Msc (1533 Views)

Gej Orders Compulsory Entrepreneurship Course For All Undergraduates / Aston, Sheffied Or Cranfield For Msc / Admission Into Universities In The United States Without Writing Gre For Msc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Me On Course For Msc by bigmom: 5:06pm On May 04, 2013
i'm a graduate of microbiology and i want to go for masters but still confuse as to which department to do my masters, i dont want to do my msc in mcb i was thinking of public health, or what u do guys think? any other nice dept. Is there disadvantages of doing msc in diff. Dept wit bsc? Or rather whats the benefit. NO BASHING PLS
Re: Advice Me On Course For Msc by Nobody: 1:00pm On May 06, 2013
Where do you work now?Your M.Sc programme must be based on your future aspirations.Also a graduate of microbiology.Graduated some years ago.just started my M.Sc in public health and running a diploma in midwifery.Was working in a lab. until the medical lab law took effect[sincerely,we were not trained to be a lab scientist],now lecturing in a state poly[The salary dropped cry]Started looking into jobs with NGO,health related[love it and is easily employable].I hope my story helps.I have mates who went for medical mcb and Phd virology[hot cake]in lecturing job.Some who got job in food industry went for M.Ba and then M.Sc food mcb,one did M.Sc Public health[don't know why] and some went back to study medicine.Some changed direction entirely,did IT,went into banking.Wish you God's guidance and best of luck. wink
Re: Advice Me On Course For Msc by bigmom: 9:26pm On May 06, 2013
i'm so happy that i have gotten a respose thanks so much zeezy, i think we have the same interest, do u kn that i was telling my dh today that i have interest in midwifery and i was like i dont know how to go about that, presently i'm not working. How do u see the public health course, i found it very interesting during my bsc as a course and the midwifery just enlight me on the requirement for the reg/application.(sorry for the disturbance)
Re: Advice Me On Course For Msc by Nobody: 9:19am On May 07, 2013
My sister,the job is not really there for we sciences.I will advice you go for the midwifery or run it together with the masters[if you are financially capable]if not,do midwifery first.No school is accepting mcb for direct entry into nursing/midwifery,not even the National open university.For one to study the course,you either have to write JAMB[B.Sc nursing]or obtain a form in any of the sch of nursing/midwifery.The requirement for entry is O'levels.[3 years diploma in nursing or midwifery].Which state do you reside?You can apply there.Some sch are selling forms now.you can then use the[midwifery]diploma cert for Direct entry into National open university.Get a job as a midwife with the cert while running the B.Sc nursing.Your cert in microbiology and masters in public health will definitely be a positive in the health field.Its better than having a teaching job one is not interested in,with a meagre salary and NO CAREER path.Its not easy but you will get there.The greatest hurdle is getting admission into the sch of midwifery.I pray Almighty God guide you and ease your affairs.Feel free to ask questions.

1 Like

Re: Advice Me On Course For Msc by bigmom: 2:16pm On May 07, 2013
thanks so much my dear, i know now which way to go ,i reside in Abia state i will make enquiring at ABSUTH .thanks again i appreciate.
Re: Advice Me On Course For Msc by Nobody: 9:03pm On May 07, 2013
you are welcome and Goodluck.
Re: Advice Me On Course For Msc by cnnamoko(m): 2:32am On May 08, 2013
Download over 10,000 research project topics and materials @ http://nairaproject.com

(1) (Reply)

Must Read:- Campus Prostitution- The Tale Of A ‘RUNS GAL’[ Part 1] / Only Intelligent Ones Can Solves This Maths(photo) / 7 Career Benefits And Reasons To Study Russian Language

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.