Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,781 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:47 PM

2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? (42298 Views)

My Friend's Waec Result !!! What Course Can He Study ??? / Sad! Nigerian Student Commit Suicide Over Poor Result / Unilorin Post-UME Result: What Did You Score? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Emylexray(m): 11:46pm On May 04, 2013
This thread is borne by the unending outcry and lamentations from candidates who sat for the just concluded UTME. Ceasless outcry has trailed the aftermath of the release of the 2013 UTME results by JAMB. It is no longer news that the results have been released and Going by the scores i have seen so far on Nairaland and Facebook, a large number of candidates failed woefully. Majority of the scores i've seen ranged from 100-198. This is a bad omen for the future of supposed "future leaders of tomorrow" . What could be the cause of this mass failure? Did JAMB purposely fail candidates to remedy the sale of about 1.7 million JAMB forms for 500,000 available spaces for admission? Was it the sole fault of the candidates? Can this mass failure be attributed to the dwindling educational sector? All these are questions begging for answers. What exactly do you think is rationale behind these shameful results? Over to you!

2 Likes

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by krimboy897(m): 7:09am On May 05, 2013
Same thing bothering me.. The highest score i have heard of is 181. Pls, if u scored above 200, signify. Tank U

1 Like

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Obinnau(m): 7:59am On May 05, 2013
i got 225

4 Likes

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by adefemi007(m): 8:38am On May 05, 2013
krimboy897: Same thing bothering me.. The highest score i have heard of is 181. Pls, if u scored above 200, signify. Tank U
I got 205 but is it enough to study comp science in futa?

1 Like

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by CrazyMan(m): 8:47am On May 05, 2013
An exam where over 90% of its candidates depend on malpractice to excel, what else would you expect when things go bad?

25 Likes

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Emylexray(m): 8:49am On May 05, 2013
Please, this thread is to discus the causes of this mass failure. Moderator, please, let it grace front page for mature contributions.
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Emylexray(m): 8:51am On May 05, 2013
CrazyMan: An exam where over 90% of its candidates depend on malpractice to excel, what else would you expect when things go bad?
a few of the candidates claimed they independently did the exam themselves, but the results still didn't meet their desired score.

4 Likes

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Nobody: 11:23am On May 05, 2013
In all honesty, a lot of them that failed didn't study hard/at all.

Most of them spend more time on social networks than studying. How are they supposed to pass?

There are few who did study but failed because they chose the wrong course or theorised education isn't for them.

6 Likes

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by viccipedia: 11:40am On May 05, 2013
gbaky_floor: In all honesty, a lot of them that failed didn't study hard/at all.

Most of them spend more time on social networks than studying. How are they supposed to pass?

There are few who did study but failed because they chose the wrong course or theorised education isn't for them.
are you serious? what number do you have in mind when you say few? we are been exploited here and you are talking about thrash and social networks.... it has absolutely nothing to do with this topic.... speak for urself or dont speak atall..... if jamb know that the spaces available in the in the institutions are limited, the forms should also be limited how can you sell 1.7 million forms when you only have 500k spaces? it makes absolutely no sense. this has gone on for a very long tym nd I must say if nothing is done it will continue, even our so called institutions are following the same footsteps... you know u can only admit 7000 students and then you sell 100k post utme forms... ths is just bad...

15 Likes

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by GetOvaMe: 12:40pm On May 05, 2013
i did study hard for the jamb examination, and did it without mal practice, but the result was 'unexplainably' poor, i wasnt well prepared last yr and i got above 220. . Somethin' is definitely wrong with the marking of my OMR, i am ready to take up my case to Jamb office and defend my result. . . Jez need any advice.

4 Likes

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Emylexray(m): 12:57pm On May 05, 2013
Get_Ova_Me: i did study hard for the jamb examination, and did it without mal practice, but the result was 'unexplainably' poor, i wasnt well prepared last yr and i got above 220. . Somethin' is definitely wrong with the marking of my OMR, i am ready to take up my case to Jamb office and defend my result. . . Jez need any advice.
many of the candidates are also in your shoes. They decry poor marking my JAMB after a thorough self marking of their questions.
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Emylexray(m): 1:03pm On May 05, 2013
I can unequivocally say that 70% of those that changed their types in the exam didn't score up to 200. That's a factor too

2 Likes

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by ajasa4link: 2:22pm On May 05, 2013
Na wa O̶̲̥̅̊,even those that A̶̲̥̅̊я̲̣̥ε̲ always on nairaland 24/7 waiting to post ''1st to comment'' A̶̲̥̅̊я̲̣̥ε̲ now claiming they studied very hard for †̥ђe̶̲̥̅ exam... Of a truth, †̥ђe̶̲̥̅ results A̶̲̥̅̊я̲̣̥ε̲ very poor but I Ѡill say †̥ђe̶̲̥̅ students A̶̲̥̅̊я̲̣̥ε̲ partly to be blamed as well as †̥ђe̶̲̥̅ jamb officials... Majority of †̥ђe̶̲̥̅ students indulged i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ exam malpractice and expected it to be business as usual this year but it seems jamb has devised a means of catching which they failed to disclose... Ȋ̝̊̅†̥'s just my opinion o

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Vickyt: 3:53pm On May 05, 2013
Jamb only awarded marks, it was not the true reflection of candidates result that was released. I guessed most of my mathematics question, but jamb awarded 41 as my score and the English, Economics & Government that i can bet my life with as regards getting 240 cumulatively were a total mark down. My type depict the widely acclaimed DIBU Acronym or name which ever one it may be. No wonder they say "when the unrightous are suffering the rightous will be partakers. But this is an unfair treatment after graduating from secondary school since 2007. God have mercy.

1 Like

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by eniorisha(m): 4:12pm On May 05, 2013
Vickyt: Jamb only awarded marks, it was not the true reflection of candidates result that was released. I guessed most of my mathematics question, but jamb awarded 41 as my score and the English, Economics & Government that i can bet my life with as regards getting 240 cumulatively were a total mark down. My type depict the widely acclaimed DIBU Acronym or name which ever one it may be. No wonder they say "when the unrightous are suffering the rightous will be partakers. But this is an unfair treatment after graduating from secondary school since 2007. God have mercy.
passed out 6yrs ago? How many utme attempts do u have so far, mine was about 12yrs ago & 6th utme-unilag attemts. Now i made 231 in going 4 english education in unilag.

1 Like

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by otokx(m): 7:23pm On May 05, 2013
Rate of cheating was as high as 98%, those that are sure of themselves have opted for computer based test, its a classic case of the sheep & the goat.

5 Likes

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Geniusvic(m): 7:31pm On May 05, 2013
pls does anyone know which
good private universities
that accept candidates
whose jamb scores are less
than 180/cut-off?

2 Likes

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Nobody: 8:22pm On May 05, 2013
CRAxy nigerian mode of edu knw can some one tel me the total statistical numbers of 200-299 nd 160 to 199 cause jamb doesnt elaborate this o so why nd hw we sure say people realy pass pls reply
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by felastika(m): 8:33pm On May 05, 2013
otokx: Rate of cheating was as high as
98%, those that are sure of themselves have opted for computer based test, its a classic case of the sheep & the goat.

Abt d cheating,u'r correct,but abt CBT,u'r partialy wrong cos I 4 example didn't choose d CBT cos I was scared of bein use 4 practicals(its d 1st tym u knw)...dis is Nigeria whr u can get 2 d exam hall nd ur system starts hangin nd ur time is goin,who re u gonna complain 2 my broda?...u knw somtin bad is likly 2 apen nd u avoid it,"dats wisdom bro"

6 Likes

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by HARDEYLEKE(m): 9:42am On May 06, 2013
cant really say!!
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by outrage: 9:43am On May 06, 2013
[size=16pt]BBM, 2go, WHATSAPP, BADOO, TWITTER and NAIRALAND.[/size]

If you think so hit the like button

53 Likes

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by searchcorp(m): 9:44am On May 06, 2013
twitter

facebook

bbm

(i am talking from experience)

1 Like

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Adex097: 9:45am On May 06, 2013
1) Those old women in the village.
2) GEJ (don't ask me why)
3) Negative marking
4) Unseriousness of some aspirants.
#my - opinion #

2 Likes

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by yamunla(m): 9:46am On May 06, 2013
Most of dis computer generation kids dont read...blame it on 2go,whatsapp,BBM,twitter,eskimi,badoo,facebook.if dey shld set questions on those social networking apps,then u will see mass success..

9 Likes

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Osama10(m): 9:47am On May 06, 2013
This is just a part of the total system failure we are experiencing in naija today coupled with social networking.

Most students don't study anymore & it would get worse in years to come.
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Osama10(m): 9:47am On May 06, 2013
yamunla: Most of dis computer generation kids dont read...blame it on 2go,whatsapp,BBM,twitter,eskimi,badoo,facebook.if dey shld set questions on those social networking apps,then u will see mass success..

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by oloriooko(m): 9:48am On May 06, 2013
an exam where very few prepared and millions depended on bb, whatsapp etc to pass.

the result is appalling, shameful and sad
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Lionpikin(m): 9:48am On May 06, 2013
@op, d same question has been on my mind since dat friday night. I scored 226 bt dat was nt my result at all. I believe it was intentional......smh for Nigeria......nothing seems to be good anywhere!
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Vicdurella(m): 9:53am On May 06, 2013
I scored 198 and i want to study political science and international relations.
Uniosun is my first choice.
Pls,will they accept it
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Nobody: 9:54am On May 06, 2013
Even my very brilliant sis got 176. No malpractice involved oo. Hw ds yr admission go be?
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Adex097: 9:55am On May 06, 2013
Emylexray: I can unequivocally say that 70% of those that changed their types in the exam didn't score up to 200. That's a factor too
I don't think so man.
Infact I think JAMB is doomed.
My friend's cousin scored 305 with runs (don't know if he changed his type though) . While I scored 223 after burning those mid-night candles.
The destiny of those candles will judge DIBU and his crew.

#Thank God for post-ume#

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

I Killed This Rat In My Hostel In LAUTECH (Photos) / SHELL Petroleum (SPDC) Scholarship / Seeing This As The Parent, What Would You Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.