Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,697 members, 7,816,850 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

Can You Prove That God Doesn't Exist? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can You Prove That God Doesn't Exist? (3077 Views)

£100 To Any Christian Who Can Prove The Hindu God Doesn't Exist / How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? / 10 Reasons Why God Doesn't Exist Today, Tomorrow And 4ever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Prove That God Doesn't Exist? by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:37am On May 05, 2013
^loooooooooool grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Can You Prove That God Doesn't Exist? by RespectMoneys: 10:54am On May 05, 2013
ooman: MY GOD THE PIG FLIES EVEN FASTER AND AGGRESSIVELY
Hmmmmm now I know why u act silly cuz ur god is a dirty pig of an animal... Go look for a new god.. like me give u a core don't look for any god that has a race cuz u r bond to hate him... Hahhaahah atheist with no reason
Re: Can You Prove That God Doesn't Exist? by ooman(m): 10:58am On May 05, 2013
#RespectMoney$:

Hmmmmm now I know why u act silly cuz ur god is a dirty pig of an animal... Go look for a new god.. like me give u a core don't look for any god that has a race cuz u r bond to hate him... Hahhaahah atheist with no reason

iddiot, i gave you the evidence of my god and ask for yours and this is what you are saying?

you must be ignored

1 Like

Re: Can You Prove That God Doesn't Exist? by RespectMoneys: 11:01am On May 05, 2013
This thread never reach FP why na? Moderators gini na eme? Wetin dey happen? Abi una no believe in God too.
Re: Can You Prove That God Doesn't Exist? by RespectMoneys: 11:05am On May 05, 2013
ooman:

iddiot, i gave you the evidence of my god and ask for yours and this is what you are saying?

you must be ignored
Why should u ignore me huh? Abi na me ask u to dey worship pig...u no see nice gods to worship na pig.. Nnaaa ur life needs page replacement algorithm cuz there are a lot of page faults. sorry okk better luck nice life.
Re: Can You Prove That God Doesn't Exist? by Nobody: 11:08am On May 05, 2013
striktlymi:

Agreed...now the questions pop up: What is your definition of an idea and why did you tag what the Christians hold to be true as an idea?

Ideas are mental imprints, resident in the mind/brain/soul whatever you'd wish to call it.

NOTE: There's no way one can give evidence that his 'ideas' exist.. For example, if I have a thought of a 'blue horse', I can't provide proof for that idea, neither can you provide proof against it.

I hold that what Christians believe as 'GOD' is an idea based on the fact that they've failed to prove otherwise. In essence, they've failed to prove that GOD exists outside their head. Like I said earlier, once you claim it's real and exists outside your head, the onus falls on you and on one else. I have every right therefore to claim it doesn't exist.

striktlymi:
The only time you would be free from any burden is when you stay at the level of disbelief...
Read previous.

striktlymi:
My experience is very subjective and that is why I am not shoving it down the throat of anyone...I have been asked several times to relate this experience but I have declined because it is subjected to me...Everyone's experience with God is often different but the meeting point is that God exists.
Creator, maybe... religious god.. No. Also, creator could be an event or being.. We're all free to speculate.. the beauty of being free-willed beings.. smiley

striktlymi:
You do need to draw a distinction between an idea and belief...

Conversation from a movie 'dOGMA' .. I had to get this off a site..

Rufus: He still digs humanity, but it bothers Him to see the shit that gets carried out in His name: wars, bigotry, televangelism. But especially the factioning of all the religions. He said humanity took a good idea and, like always, built a belief structure on it.

Bethany: Having beliefs isn't good?

Rufus: I think it's better to have ideas. You can change an idea, changing a belief is trickier. Life should be malleable and progressive; working from idea to idea permits that. Beliefs anchor you to certain points and limit growth; new ideas can't generate. Life becomes stagnant.

striktlymi:
The truth is, if I want to go by mere idea, I would have become a deist...I keep telling people that this makes a whole lot of sense as compared with Atheism...it is undeniable that there exists a creator but what is subjective is the way people see him...if I am still at the realm of an idea I would not have become a Christian...
I may be atheist, but I'd agree that to the strong theist who is tired of religion, deism would be more appealing than atheism. The deist sees 'GOD' as the only logical conclusion to a caused universe. But like many an atheist have asked on this forum, if 'GOD' can be uncaused, why can't the universe be too? I'm yet to get a satisfying answer to this question.

striktlymi:
A number of Atheists would disagree with you on that...after all I have accepted the verdict passed on me by a very 'smart' Atheist: 'A puny brained idiiot' and that tag is what I go by these days.

LOL..... stop complaining to a mosquito.. tongue
Re: Can You Prove That God Doesn't Exist? by ooman(m): 11:09am On May 05, 2013
#RespectMoney$:

Why should u ignore me huh? Abi na me ask u to dey worship pig...u no see nice gods to worship na pig.. Nnaaa ur life needs page replacement algorithm cuz there are a lot of page faults. sorry okk better luck nice life.

AT LEAST MY FLYING PIG IS BETTER THAN THE MONSTER YAHWEH, WHO COMMITTED MULTIPLE GENOCIDE AND INFANTICIDE AND HUMAN SACRIFICE.

MY FLYING PIG IS ABOUT TO DETHRONE YAHWEH FROM HEAVEN, WHEN THAT HAPPENS THERE WILL BE NO MERCY FOR YOU

REPENT NOW AND WORSHIP MY FLYING PIG
Re: Can You Prove That God Doesn't Exist? by RespectMoneys: 11:26am On May 05, 2013
ooman:

AT LEAST MY FLYING PIG IS BETTER THAN THE MONSTER YAHWEH, WHO COMMITTED MULTIPLE GENOCIDE AND INFANTICIDE AND HUMAN SACRIFICE.

MY FLYING PIG IS ABOUT TO DETHRONE YAHWEH FROM HEAVEN, WHEN THAT HAPPENS THERE WILL BE NO MERCY FOR YOU

REPENT NOW AND WORSHIP MY FLYING PIG
It is genocide because u termed it so, it is infanticide even though u weren't kill they moment u were born to the earth and u breath ur first air.. human sacrifice u termed it no doubt he created the whole universe and if he decides to take a small taste of human sacrifice, it doesn't affect ur living... Thank ur stars that u weren't Isaac cuz Abraham would have just killed and sacrifice u even before God will mention that.. see ur type will be good for sacrifice even amadioha won't reject u.. u weren't in d old testament at the time all dis things were happening ok.. there was a reason back then which is not applicable now. So quit the hate man and enjoy the goodness of lord cuz his work is marvelous in ur sight u can feel it don't deny ok... God loves u just give ur life to God and not big. At least my God which I believe that I haven't seen can't sleep in dirty waters, he can die nor can human beings kill him for food lol... se!e u, u even eat ur god hahahaha.... god eater! god eater! god eater!!!.. get a real God dude..........
Re: Can You Prove That God Doesn't Exist? by ooman(m): 11:43am On May 05, 2013
I wont give my life to a murder, you give your life to my flying pig.
Re: Can You Prove That God Doesn't Exist? by RespectMoneys: 12:15pm On May 05, 2013
ooman: I wont give my life to a murder, you give your life to my flying pig.
Sorry dude I'm a vegetarian, I dont deal with animals okk.. I gat love for 'em animals
Re: Can You Prove That God Doesn't Exist? by Nobody: 12:21pm On May 05, 2013
#RespectMoney$:

Sorry dude I'm a vegetarian, I dont deal with animals okk.. I gat love for 'em animals

Lol. You're vegetarian but your god isn't....

Oh btw, if you want this thread on frontpage, all you have to do is copy the link and paste in the complaints thread stickied in this section.. the mods will send it for review... wink
Re: Can You Prove That God Doesn't Exist? by RespectMoneys: 12:42pm On May 05, 2013
musKeeto:

Lol. You're vegetarian but your god isn't....

Oh btw, if you want this thread on frontpage, all you have to do is copy the link and paste in the complaints thread stickied in this section.. the mods will send it for review... wink
I'm myself and my God is himself/herself two different entities bound with the agape love... So it ai. n't a must I should be like my father okk, my mother is still there my grand parents are still there so u see their are thousand and one traits I can inherit ok... If u claim that God ain't a vegetarian have u seen in KFC or have u seen eating SUYA, no I doubt so... That's makes ur claim lame one more that. U will make reference of the burnt sacrifices he always request for, of course the meat must be burnt to ashes so he can't feed on them... So u see my dear musKeeto if I have any reason to doubt God or become an atheist it must be cuz I can't break the code behind ur existence...
Re: Can You Prove That God Doesn't Exist? by Nobody: 12:45pm On May 05, 2013
#RespectMoney$:

... If u claim that God ain't a vegetarian have u seen in KFC or have u seen eating SUYA, no I doubt so...

Cain vs Abel...
Re: Can You Prove That God Doesn't Exist? by RespectMoneys: 1:07pm On May 05, 2013
musKeeto:

Cain vs Abel...
Were then what? Cain didn't played his cards well while Abel was a good gamer.. Cain was probably a n*gga like who he can cheat God or God can't come down and eat.. he brought the worst gift u can give to a begger and gave it to God.. make I ask u if u turn out to be the president of Nigeria tomorrow, which I know u won't be, just for an example and one of ur own minister in d cabinet offers a rotten bread of all the nice bread in d bakery that u built and u r also sponsoring.. tell me the truth what will u do to him in the next milliseconds with that kinda annoyance and grievance? So u see if u put urself in God's shoe somethings, u will see that u can or will do worse than u claim he did.. Abel did well, as u can see I'm kinda Abel like but I won't allow Cain to kill me, Mua go kill am first make him go heaven go reason with God...lol just saying
Re: Can You Prove That God Doesn't Exist? by Nobody: 2:18pm On May 05, 2013
musKeeto:
Ideas are mental imprints, resident in the mind/brain/soul whatever you'd wish to call it.

Okay, now I know what your definition is...

musKeeto:
NOTE: There's no way one can give evidence that his 'ideas' exist.. For example, if I have a thought of a 'blue horse', I can't provide proof for that idea, neither can you provide proof against it.

Definitely not...now, your notion that God is just an idea is false because the Earth and indeed the Universe were not brought about by an "idea" per your definition up there.

musKeeto:
I hold that what Christians believe as 'GOD' is an idea based on the fact that they've failed to prove otherwise. In essence, they've failed to prove that GOD exists outside their head. Like I said earlier, once you claim it's real and exists outside your head, the onus falls on you and on one else. I have every right therefore to claim it doesn't exist.

How can one who caused the Earth to come into existence be just inside the heads of Christians? Man is always older than his 'ideas' at any given time...the world came into existence before man, and the Creator set this in motion, hence the "idea" you speak of is not the same as the God I talk about.

The proof you need of this God is glaring in nature...go out to a park and see birds singing, see the trees growing, notice this invisible laws surrounding nature and come back in all honesty and tell us that all these just developed spontaneously without someone or something causing these things be.

musKeeto:
Read previous.

Creator, maybe... religious god.. No. Also, creator could be an event or being.. We're all free to speculate.. the beauty of being free-willed beings.. smiley

I really don't understand how you draw the line between the 'Creator' and the 'religious' God...to me they are the same...those in religion worship this creator with the exception of a few...you might not agree with the way we choose to worship him but this does not negate the fact that we worship the creator you talk about.

musKeeto:
Conversation from a movie 'dOGMA' .. I had to get this off a site..

I may be atheist, but I'd agree that to the strong theist who is tired of religion, deism would be more appealing than atheism. The deist sees 'GOD' as the only logical conclusion to a caused universe. But like many an atheist have asked on this forum, if 'GOD' can be uncaused, why can't the universe be too? I'm yet to get a satisfying answer to this question.

There are a lot of things we can't get a satisfying answer to...too many mysteries to think about and very few answers to satisfy our hunger and thirst...the bottom line is that the Universe came to be and something made it happen...I don't believe in coincidences...what I worship is the person or thing that made the Universe come to existence.

What you have up there is an attempt to separate God from the Universe...God came to be then the Universe might have come to be...this really is not the way I look at it...like I said before...something triggered this whole 'fiasco' and that something or someone is who I call God...there is really no separating this God from the Universe because he or it is tied to its existence.

musKeeto:
LOL..... stop complaining to a mosquito.. tongue

I aint complaining man...just stating a fact about how a number of nairaland Atheists believe they are the custodian of the human brain.
Re: Can You Prove That God Doesn't Exist? by ijawkid(m): 2:37pm On May 05, 2013
Muskeeto you be atheist??..........

I never still know wetin you be till today.......cheesy
Re: Can You Prove That God Doesn't Exist? by Nobody: 2:50pm On May 05, 2013
Another God seeking thread, read prove of the Creator here https://www.nairaland.com/1272650/information-evidence-creator
Re: Can You Prove That God Doesn't Exist? by RespectMoneys: 3:39pm On May 05, 2013
ijawkid: Muskeeto you be atheist??..........

Muskeeto ain't an atheist.. he's just an atheist wannabe..
Re: Can You Prove That God Doesn't Exist? by Nobody: 3:52pm On May 05, 2013
ijawkid: Muskeeto you be atheist??..........

Does it matter?
Re: Can You Prove That God Doesn't Exist? by RespectMoneys: 4:33pm On May 05, 2013
musKeeto:
Does it matter?

It matters a lot... We have to know who we r dealing with and try to derive a possible algorithm to solve their problems...
Re: Can You Prove That God Doesn't Exist? by Nobody: 4:48pm On May 05, 2013
#RespectMoney$:

It matters a lot... We have to know who we r dealing with and try to derive a possible algorithm to solve their problems...
What problems?
Re: Can You Prove That God Doesn't Exist? by RespectMoneys: 4:53pm On May 05, 2013
musKeeto:
What problems?
D one u atheists fail to admit and that's being a #Psychopath.. for real#
Re: Can You Prove That God Doesn't Exist? by Nobody: 4:55pm On May 05, 2013
#RespectMoney$:

D one u atheists fail to admit and that's being a #Psychopath.. for real#
Have it your way then.

Good day.
smiley
Re: Can You Prove That God Doesn't Exist? by Nobody: 4:57pm On May 05, 2013
Continuing discussion with the reasonable ones..

@Stryk: I'm of the opinion that if there's a Creator, none of the religious ones truly represent him. They are all vain imaginations of men. Hence, I say they're ideas.

You do not think so. You believe they may not accurately reflect the Source, but somehow they all point to the same source.
Am I right?
Re: Can You Prove That God Doesn't Exist? by Mudley313: 5:02pm On May 05, 2013
typical christian logic

2 Likes

Re: Can You Prove That God Doesn't Exist? by Nobody: 5:37pm On May 05, 2013
musKeeto: Continuing discussion with the reasonable ones..

@Stryk: I'm of the opinion that if there's a Creator, none of the religious ones truly represent him. They are all vain imaginations of men. Hence, I say they're ideas.

Okay, I understand that the above is your opinion on the matter and I respect it as such.

musKeeto:
You do not think so. You believe they may not accurately reflect the Source, but somehow they all point to the same source.
Am I right?

Well Musky, I am a Christian and I believe firmly that Christianity is the way God has designed for me to come to him...but this does not imply that I do not have some reservations of my own...

I do have a lot of questions that I would love answered. The difference between you and I would probably be our experiences...My experience lead me to Christianity while yours lead you away from it...the bottom line here would be our sincerity and convictions...

If I stand objectively and refuse to listen to my heart and convictions I would agree with you on the above because if I were an Atheist it would be very easy for me to fault religion but my experience is different and I know...
Re: Can You Prove That God Doesn't Exist? by Nobody: 7:02pm On May 05, 2013
Mudley313: typical christian logic
hi your pics funny, please can you comment on this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1272650/information-evidence-creator
Re: Can You Prove That God Doesn't Exist? by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:20pm On May 05, 2013
#RespectMoney$:

See man I can't call u foolish for believing in that kinda house okk. The reason why I brought up this discussion is that many atheists here in NL keep on asking believers to prove the existence of God. So I wanna know their conviction, the reason why they claim that God doesn't exit

the big reason is that the evidence you provide for yours cant be hold on to.

Is that ok with ya?

1 Like

Re: Can You Prove That God Doesn't Exist? by OgundeleT(m): 10:18pm On Feb 25, 2016
if you claim am a thief do i need to prove otherwise when u haven't prove ur claim? the burden of prove lies on the claimant, if u say there is god then you prove it

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Some Hilarious Children's Letter To God / Leader O. O. Obu Visits The Apostolic Church In Dallas, Texas / Watch Tb Joshua's Prophecy For 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.