Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,420 members, 7,819,515 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

God is worthy. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God is worthy. (2355 Views)

Post Your 'Front Page-Worthy' TOPICS And LINKS Here / Post A Comment From Your Pastor That Is Worthy Of Quote / God Is Unquestionable (my Pastor) Prophet Akinade Of Lion Of Judah Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

God is worthy. by prettyreal(f): 10:06pm On Apr 17, 2008
We give all the glory to God.
Re: God is worthy. by AKO1(m): 10:57pm On Apr 17, 2008
@Topic

I think you should try and find out for yourself, even though you already sound biased.
Re: God is worthy. by Njoy1(f): 11:01pm On Apr 17, 2008
meaningless thread.
Re: God is worthy. by AKO1(m): 11:16pm On Apr 17, 2008
N-joy:

meaningless thread.

looooooooooooool grin grin grin grin
Re: God is worthy. by 4Him1(m): 11:29pm On Apr 17, 2008
there is serious cause for alarm when the words of man become more important than the bible. The word of God remains the same whether preached by the mouth of bro steven or pastor akeem.
Re: God is worthy. by KunleOshob(m): 9:54am On Apr 18, 2008
@poster
this thread exemplifies a lot of the problems we have in the church today, we focus more on the messenger than the message (that is idolatory). we should learn to focus more on the message than who is preaching it. how ever a lot of church pastors engage in self aggradisement today and promote themselves to the detriment of the message that is why virtually every pastor would put his picture on every poster, billboard, flier or any other advertising medium the church engages in. This paticular act promotes the messenger more than the message and it is very wrong. however i give credit to pastor Adeboye who has consistently preached against this practise and as discouraged his church as a whole from engaging in this self aggrandisement. As christians our focus should be fully on God through our Lord Jesus christ.
Re: God is worthy. by Grouppoint(m): 12:20pm On Apr 18, 2008
@poster,
Dont you just wish you had kept your feelings to yourself?

Nairaland religion forum is filled with matured christians, some of whom may possibly be more versed in scripture than the big pastors out there.

However, I think I know what you were trying to share, cool , so be blessed and listen to your pastors, however, remember that the Spirit behind the word (Rhema) is far more important food than the delievery style of the vessel conveying the message.
Re: God is worthy. by detruth: 2:49pm On Apr 23, 2008
@ Poster
Although your topic sounds somehow immature, nevertheless I will like to advice you to develop yourself and watch what you share on Religion Forum in Nairaland!
Contrary to "grouppoint" the percentage of true believers around here is less than 30%. I know you will feel bad the way they all yell at you!

As for me I love both men of God and there is no need of comparism since they both preach the same Word of God. Peace!

[b]2 Cor 10:12[/b]For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.(KJV)
Re: God is worthy. by Nobody: 3:53pm On Apr 23, 2008
none.
Re: God is worthy. by dove24u(m): 8:35pm On Apr 23, 2008
Humhhhhhhhhhh,U need d message not the preacher cool
Re: God is worthy. by koredemma(m): 7:22am On Apr 24, 2008
Remember the Bible says that Paul Preacheth, Apollos watereth But the Lord Giveth Increase. cool
Re: God is worthy. by lucabrasi(m): 3:28pm On Apr 25, 2008
its all about the individual preference and we shouldnt lay an emphasis on comparing them as they r not objects or business brands like nta or ait, when we r relating to a religious/spiritual issue ,you just go with who you r feeling, i attent redeemed whem im at home but k.i.c.c when im in london so its not about comparing its about who you r feeling for one individual reason or the other, i might attend oyedepo's church and decide to attend the holyghost service,doesnt meant i think less of bishop oyedepo
Re: God is worthy. by Frizy(m): 8:29pm On Apr 25, 2008
None.
Re: God is worthy. by fyneguy: 9:38am On Apr 28, 2008
@KunleOshob

Well as much as I agree that Pastor Adeboye and some other pastors dont ask their members to emphasise on the messanger, RCCG still uses Pastor Adeboye's picture on billboards, books and fliers. This doesnt mean it's wrong.

Whether we like it or not, these are representatives of God on earth. Because many live by their senses, when they see the pictures, and names of the pastors coming to the programmes, they decide to go. In the process, the purpose of the programme is still achieved.

When Jesus was on earth, he used miracle to prove his connection with God to unbelievers. The endpoint wasnt miracle but he used it to attract them.
Re: God is worthy. by Eclairs: 9:51am On Apr 28, 2008
@ poster

Its a pity you not being real, pretty!

Find out for ursef.

Both are respected and renowned men of God so wot you on about?
Re: God is worthy. by Nobody: 12:56pm On Apr 28, 2008
@Poster you say Oyedepo feeds you well, i say Adeboye feeds me well, whether Adeboye soweth or Oyedepo watereth they can't cause an increase , so dedicate this topic to the Lord of Increase (Jesus Christ)
Re: God is worthy. by lollypup(f): 1:27pm On Apr 28, 2008
Pretty real, please lets be careful of what we discuss here, I don’t see any basis for comparison between these two Men of God.

Whatever, your views are should be known to you and should not become an issue for deliberations in any way.

Just be careful and don’t call the wrath of God on yourself.

With love
Re: God is worthy. by detruth: 3:45pm On Apr 28, 2008
KunleOshob:

how ever a lot of church pastors engage in self aggradisement today and promote themselves to the detriment of the message that is why virtually every pastor would put his picture on every poster, billboard, flier or any other advertising medium the church engages in. This paticular act promotes the messenger more than the message and it is very wrong.

@kunleoshob
That I believe is your personal view and how far you can see.

Rom 10:14-15
How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things! KJV

God gives due acknowlegdement to His servants, not those who sent themselves!
Re: God is worthy. by Soundmind(m): 4:32pm On Apr 28, 2008
Don't put us into the temptation of comparing pastors.
Two of them are ok.
Re: God is worthy. by dominobaby(f): 4:49pm On Apr 28, 2008
whichever way anyone of them ministers to you, there really isn't any basis for comparism, just as someone quoted

detruth:

@ Poster

[b]2 Cor 10:12[/b]For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.(KJV)

Re: God is worthy. by cgift(m): 7:27pm On Apr 28, 2008
na wa o! See bashing grin
Re: God is worthy. by Nobody: 11:01pm On May 03, 2008
@ threader, what nonsense, paul plantet, apollos watereth, god gives the increase

(1) (Reply)

Incense: Things To Know About Incense / Wooing A Lady With The BIBLE / Controversial Pastor Lesego Pictured Stepping On His Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.