Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,224 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:59 AM

You’re Frustrated, Android Users. Bill Gates Says So. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / You’re Frustrated, Android Users. Bill Gates Says So. (1099 Views)

Android Users! Stream Live DSTV Channels On Your Android Smartphone For Free / 10 Signs You’re Probably Addicted To Your Smartphone (no 5 Will Amaze You) / Android Users Strictly-How to use Mtn's Unlimited Bis on your Droid...!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You’re Frustrated, Android Users. Bill Gates Says So. by ibietela2(m): 11:19pm On May 07, 2013
I don’t know how to break this to you, but you’re frustrated. If you’re reading this, and you use iOS or Android, you’re just plain frustrated. If you don’t think you are, it’s only because you haven’t realized it yet. Take a minute for that to sink in. It’s a lot, I know.

If you doubt that you are, please don’t. It is the gospel according to Microsoft, and therefore true. In an interview recently, Bill Gates had the following to say about us:

But a lot of those users are frustrated, they can’t type, they can’t create documents, they don’t have Office there, so we’re providing them with the benefits of something they’ve seen and made that a big category, but without giving up what they expect in a PC.

That’s right. The slowly decaying PC market is just fine. In fact, we just want it in tablet form! That’s so comforting to hear. I was worried for a minute. Or was I?

If that doesn’t convince you as to how frustrated you are, there was also this:

Windows 8 is revolutionary in that it takes the benefits of a tablet and the benefits of a PC, and it’s able to support both of those – so if you have Surface, Surface Pro, you’ve got that portability of a tablet but the richness of a PC in terms of the keyboard, Microsoft Office of a PC.

Who knew?! We love Office, and we need it on the tablet. That’s refreshing to hear. I was wondering why I have been so frustrated lately. I create and edit in Google Drive, and it suits me just fine. Still, I can’t shake those feelings of angst. I so longingly wondered what was making me sob gently at night.

At first, I wondered if it was because my devices were affordable. Maybe being able to afford things like rent and dinner were making me sad. Then, I thought maybe it was because I had too many good apps on my devices. There is so much variety, I just get overwhelmed. I need limitations, I guess.

After thinking about it for a little while, I began to wonder if it was because I hated the look of Android. I’m like anyone else, I get tired of seeing the same screen all the time. I can move stuff around, and change the background image… but is that enough? Then I remembered I could root the device and flash a new ROM, even a theme. That made me feel a little bit better.

I thought about Bill’s comment about typing, too. He’s right, you know? Typing on a virtual keyboard is tough sometimes. I guess I could download a different keyboard, or maybe buy a Bluetooth keyboard. That wouldn’t really — no, it’s exactly the same as a Surface tablet.

Wait a minute, here. Something is wrong. I love Android! I don’t miss Windows or Office at all! In fact, I’m happy to have shed it. There is nothing about a PC I miss on my Nexus 7, either. I can create documents just fine on Drive, or even via other apps.

Credit: Voxpelli/Flickr

Even if I did need better editing abilities, I could get a Chromebook. They’re really similar to the Surface tablet in terms of size, and still a fraction of the cost. There is also the very real possibility that Google will release a Chrome tablet soon… and that we’ll see Microsoft Office for Android very soon.

Microsoft has some good business software, but there are a lot of businesses switching to Google for their enterprise solutions. Schools are also getting into Chromebooks. Those are two institutions that really need computers, so how can they switch? Don’t they miss the PC? Clearly, they don’t.

After all that, I have to say that Bill gates is right. I am frustrated. With Microsoft.

Overpriced hardware, a clunky OS, and slanderous marketing do not earn my loyalty or respect. Rather, they cause me to doubt your products. When Steve Jobs told users they were holding their device wrong, it not only called into question his temporary sanity, but the phone itself. Was it poorly designed? Not really, but once you start taking shots, rules of engagement come into play.

Microsoft has some real potential to make room for itself, but not like this. These statements are, perhaps, the boldest and most plain example of Microsoft’s delusion that we’ll all come back to them. We won’t.

Source: www.googleplayindia.com/youre-frustrated-android-users-bill-gates-says-so/
Re: You’re Frustrated, Android Users. Bill Gates Says So. by ibietela2(m): 11:25pm On May 07, 2013
This my mentor don dey make 2much noise because of w8.... And sorry for not uploading image... Only the mods know what they did to my account which barred me from uploading pictures
Re: You’re Frustrated, Android Users. Bill Gates Says So. by Youngpo413: 11:29pm On May 07, 2013
Androids and their cloned applications,for example just search for angry bird,you will get up to 250 results lol,I think bill gate is right?or is He?
Anyway,I still love android.
Re: You’re Frustrated, Android Users. Bill Gates Says So. by ibietela2(m): 11:32pm On May 07, 2013
Young po413: Androids and their cloned applications,for example just search for angry bird,you will get up to 250 results lol,I think bill gate is right?or is He?
Anyway,I still love android.

You should know the original
Re: You’re Frustrated, Android Users. Bill Gates Says So. by ciphoenix: 11:34pm On May 07, 2013
he's a mor0n. microsoft is just plain EVIL angry angry angry

and just like vista, W8 is a fail
Re: You’re Frustrated, Android Users. Bill Gates Says So. by Francheezy(m): 1:21am On May 08, 2013
Bill Gates is just FRUSTRATED

2 Likes

Re: You’re Frustrated, Android Users. Bill Gates Says So. by ibietela2(m): 9:00am On May 08, 2013
Francheezy: Bill Gates is just FRUSTRATED

hehehehehe na my oga be that o. Chai i hope Mods will move it to front page.

(1) (Reply)

Did Larry Page Just Insult Africa And India? / Help With Tecno Carl-care Centers In Lagos Addresses / Iphone 6 Specs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.