Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:02 AM

David Moyes Confirmed As Manchester United New Manager - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / David Moyes Confirmed As Manchester United New Manager (12660 Views)

Checkout Man United New Jersey For 2014/2015 Season / David Moyes Appointed Manchester United Boss / Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: David Moyes Confirmed As Manchester United New Manager by Jhulyan(m): 6:42pm On May 08, 2013
dopeJemi:
dude! Stop with d faLse news, no 1 has been appointed yet
are you blind to the source?
Re: David Moyes Confirmed As Manchester United New Manager by Jhulyan(m): 6:43pm On May 08, 2013
Imanuelle: RIP united !
rip Imanuelle
Re: David Moyes Confirmed As Manchester United New Manager by Nobody: 7:17pm On May 08, 2013
Re: David Moyes Confirmed As Manchester United New Manager by olabode89(m): 7:40pm On May 08, 2013
Ajengogo: It is now that United owners and fans will know the mess SAF has dragged the club into. How can one be in charge of a club for 26 good years without making any concrete arrangement for at least a successor or series of successors. And the owners played along with this dangerous and selfish arrangement of SAF all these years. Now the club is running helter skelter for a manager while it's shares on NY stock exchange is being negatively affected. To worsen the whole situation, it is this same man that must anoint whoever is coming to succeed him! Why!

Shut d fucck up dude!

Fergie should have retired in 2002 but decided to continue because d club was not in d best shape and he wanted @ least one more Champ League triumph (which he won in 2008 losing 2 other finals to barcelona FC).
To all those clamouring for Jose Mourinho... Snr Executives and Directors @ Man United do not want him due to his questionable loyalty, media frenzy and issues with his players (as we have seen with Real Madrid)
Secondly David Moyes is a good Coach (not a great one yet since he is yet to win any title) but he has been competitive with an Everton team with a transfer budget of around 10-15M pounds for more than 8yrs finishing 4th once and in the top 7 on more than 5 occasions. He has been loyal with Everton and also bringing up d likes of Seamus, Anichebe and co from d academy.
Moyes is good technically and can deliver with more funds, better training facilities and support from the players and coaching staffs (d ones that wud keep their jobs). The major drawback is his inexperience in the Champions League......... But remember PEP Guardiola was a newbie when he took over at Barca, d rest is history

2 Likes

Re: David Moyes Confirmed As Manchester United New Manager by Elai147: 7:47pm On May 08, 2013
yampoo: If Moyes is coming he should kindly come alone,cos I don't need any everton player in man utd squad.

We need Leighton Baines to come with him as Evra's replacement if possible.

1 Like

Re: David Moyes Confirmed As Manchester United New Manager by olabode89(m): 7:55pm On May 08, 2013
Re: David Moyes Confirmed As Manchester United New Manager by Ajengogo(m): 8:20pm On May 08, 2013
olabode89:

Shut d fucck up dude!

Fergie should have retired in 2002 but decided to continue because d club was not in d best shape and he wanted @ least one more Champ League triumph (which he won in 2008 losing 2 other finals to barcelona FC).
To all those clamouring for Jose Mourinho... Snr Executives and Directors @ Man United do not want him due to his questionable loyalty, media frenzy and issues with his players (as we have seen with Real Madrid)
Secondly David Moyes is a good Coach (not a great one yet since he is yet to win any title) but he has been competitive with an Everton team with a transfer budget of around 10-15M pounds for more than 8yrs finishing 4th once and in the top 7 on more than 5 occasions. He has been loyal with Everton and also bringing up d likes of Seamus, Anichebe and co from d academy.
Moyes is good technically and can deliver with more funds, better training facilities and support from the players and coaching staffs (d ones that wud keep their jobs). The major drawback is his inexperience in the Champions League......... But remember PEP Guardiola was a newbie when he took over at Barca, d rest is history

IYA NGBALI: you are a twart

durtman:
sharap wetin u knw mumu

I can never join issues with ur kinds, because what I said in that post is my personal opinion devoid of any attack on anybody. It is by next season that u guys will start seeing what I am saying, then we will know who really deserves all the names u r calling now.

1 Like

Re: David Moyes Confirmed As Manchester United New Manager by Jerry2i(m): 8:43pm On May 08, 2013
I will gladly welcome D.M to O.T. I have the believe that he will flourish and make united a better team than it is at the moment.
#GGMU
Re: David Moyes Confirmed As Manchester United New Manager by olabode89(m): 8:49pm On May 08, 2013
Ajengogo:

I can never join issues with ur kinds, because what I said in that post is my personal opinion devoid of any attack on anybody. It is by next season that u guys will start seeing what I am saying, then we will know who really deserves all the names u r calling now.

Lol........ Ur personal opinion is misleading!
U concluded irrationally that no arrangement was made concerning Fergie's retirement which is wrong!
Running helter skelter for another manager? Wrong

The Snr exec and directors @ man united have been preparing for this for more than a decade!

So get ur facts right b4 u mislead people....
Re: David Moyes Confirmed As Manchester United New Manager by IYANGBALI: 8:57pm On May 08, 2013
I can never join issues with ur kinds, because what I said in that post is my personal opinion devoid of any attack on anybody. It is by next season that u guys will start seeing what I am saying, then we will know who really deserves all the names u r calling now.[/quote]you said and pls leave us with our problems and face yours
Re: David Moyes Confirmed As Manchester United New Manager by Alaafialoro(m): 9:24pm On May 08, 2013
alekside: Birmingham and Swansea?
Which position did birmingham finish in d EPL d year they won carling cup? How many has swansea spent in d EPL for us to judge their consistency?
Re: David Moyes Confirmed As Manchester United New Manager by Nobody: 11:00pm On May 08, 2013
Definitely a good choice cause i know david moyes made everton feared by the top four clubs,with little resources,the everton team is always an obstacle to clean three points.they are stubborn to pin.he's got technical awareness and people management skill,built a fearsome team with relatively little budget.from observations,when ferguson was appoint as manager,he didnt even have as much experience as moyes.united is looking for stability and people who would respect the values of the club,definitely not mourinho cause he's more like a football gypsy or a pilgrim always on the move,lacks man management and perfect for short term success.moyes may not hit the ground running but i think it is a well taken and perfect decision.

1 Like

Re: David Moyes Confirmed As Manchester United New Manager by otumfour(m): 11:14pm On May 08, 2013
bbpreye.:
What are David Moyes?

smh! grin grin grin grin some animals ehn

1 Like

Re: David Moyes Confirmed As Manchester United New Manager by Nobody: 8:14am On May 09, 2013
I see man u struglin to qualify for europea Leag next season. . Simple!
Re: David Moyes Confirmed As Manchester United New Manager by lokobambam(m): 9:41am On May 09, 2013
Praise the lord, Halleluyay thank God say the king of OJORO don resign ooooooooooooooooooooooono more ojoro again ooo.
Na now man u go come see shagea 4 football. Na now football START
Re: David Moyes Confirmed As Manchester United New Manager by Ajengogo(m): 12:18pm On May 09, 2013
olabode89:

Lol........ Ur personal opinion is misleading!
U concluded irrationally that no arrangement was made concerning Fergie's retirement which is wrong!
Running helter skelter for another manager? Wrong

The Snr exec and directors @ man united have been preparing for this for more than a decade!

So get ur facts right b4 u mislead people....

I still maintain that there is no concrete succession plan in Man U. READ MY LIPS, MR RATIONAL MAN!!! And man u is still at sixes and sevens as to the choice of a successor to SAFas I am typing now. SAF's choice is Moyes whereas Glazers are looking for established gaffers; and somebody is here telling me this succession plan has been in the pipeline for a decade. A decade in deed!!!

Mr rational man, one more assignment for u pls: check man u's price on the floor of NY stock exchange today and see how it is faring... Pls don't hesitate to report back ur findings. Clearly, there is uncertainty in the air.
Re: David Moyes Confirmed As Manchester United New Manager by NaijaPlayboy: 2:38pm On May 09, 2013
Moyessssssssss, came as a big suprise when I heard it, but looking at it, the guy has been very consisitent, making good bargains in the transfer window and keeping Everton relevant season in, season out..;

I dont know if he would be my first, second or even third choice though
Re: David Moyes Confirmed As Manchester United New Manager by Deiok(m): 3:33pm On May 09, 2013
Hands crossed.
Re: David Moyes Confirmed As Manchester United New Manager by ochukoccna: 3:34pm On May 09, 2013
NaijaPlayboy: Moyessssssssss, came as a big suprise when I heard it, but looking at it, the guy has been very consisitent, making good bargains in the transfer window and keeping Everton relevant season in, season out..;

I dont know if he would be my first, second or even third choice though
Lets see what he can do now that he has big bucks at his disposal
He might not be all glam and style but his strongest asset is something which has died out with so many of us on this generation
An asset called LOYALTY
Re: David Moyes Confirmed As Manchester United New Manager by Raymondgabriel(m): 4:10pm On May 09, 2013
dopeJemi:

God pLs, let dis not be true, we r doomed, david moyes is not yet a compLete manager, pLs God.. Bring kLopp or mourihno, God na beg I dey Beg
who is mourinho?? Man u dont nid 3-4yrs Ashawo coach! We nid a long term Manager. Moyes, u re gud 2 go!!!
Re: David Moyes Confirmed As Manchester United New Manager by 9ijalazy(m): 8:44am On Mar 12, 2020
David Moyes confirmed as Manchester United's new manager as the Premier League champions aim to move quickly to appoint Sir Alex Ferguson’s successor at Old Trafford.

The announcement of Ferguson's retirement has prompted a frenzy of money being placed on the Everton manager to succeed the 71 year-old.

And Telegraph Sport understands that Moyes, whose contract at Goodison Park expires at the end of the season

Moyes's record at Everton since arriving from Preston North End in March 2002 lacks a trophy, or experience of Champions League football beyond the qualifying rounds, but the Scot's readiness to build teams and promote youth is understood to be central to United's decision to recruit the 50 year-old.
Ferguson's elevation to a position on the United board ensures that the two men will be in a regular contact at Old Trafford, but the pair's strong relationship, which saw Moyes offered the job as Ferguson's assistant in 1999-2000, is likely to prevent friction between the manager's office and the boardroom.

https://www.blogginglord.com/nigerian-senator-introduces-bill-to-ban-use-of-generators-in-nigeria-proposes-10-year-jail-term-for-sellers/
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/10044158/David-Moyes-will-replace-Sir-Alex-Ferguson-as-Manchester-United-manager.html

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Midtjylland Vs Liverpool: UCL (1 - 1) On 9th December 2020 / Didier Drogba Confirms Chelsea Exit' / Atalanta Vs Liverpool: Europa League (0 - 1) On18th April 2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.