Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,590 members, 7,827,217 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

Nigeria, S/africa Approve Visa Free Regime To Officials - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria, S/africa Approve Visa Free Regime To Officials (12583 Views)

Commonwealth Considers Visa-free Regime For Member Nations / Ecowas Seeks Visa-free Regime With EU / FG Approves New Visa Regime To Attract Tourists, Investors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria, S/africa Approve Visa Free Regime To Officials by igelomo(m): 4:52pm On May 08, 2013
Nigeria and South Africa have agreed to exempt holders of diplomatic and official passports of the two countries from procuring visas before traveling from one of the countries to the other.

The agreement that gave legal backing to the decision was one of the nine Memoranda of Understanding and agreements signed on Tuesday by the two countries during the ongoing official visit of President Goodluck Jonathan to South Africa.

While briefing journalists after a closed-door session at the Presidential Office in Cape Town, Jonathan and his host, President Jacob Zuma, expressed the conviction that the agreements reached during the visit would lead to stronger cooperation between the two countries.

This, they said, was necessary for economic, social and political development on the continent.

Other aspects of the MoU signed during the visit included those of cooperation in legal field, oil and gas sectors, power sector development, environment, defence cooperation, women development and empowerment as well as child development.

Others are those that concern geology, mining, mineral processing and metallurgy as well as Information and Communication Technology.

Jonathan and Zuma announced that respective ministers would ensure the effective implementation of the instruments and the conclusion of outstanding agreements.

Zuma expressed delight at the number of South African companies operating in Nigeria, saying such companies were up to over 100 with the biggest investment being in telecommunications.

He promised that other sectors, such as engineering, construction, banking, oil and the media would soon be expanded.
Zuma noted the need for both countries to promote people to people relationship especially through tourism, which he said had generated huge Foreign Direct Invetment for the country.

“Last year alone, South Africa received a total of 73,282 Nigerian tourists, which is a 13.8percent increase from 2011 contributing about 720million Rands to the South African economy within the period,” he said.

Jonathan on his part, described the signing of nine bilateral agreements between the two countries as a major achievement that would enhance the critical role of Nigeria and South Africa in transforming the continent.
http://flynaija.org/nigeria-safrica-approve-visa-free-regime-to-officials/
Re: Nigeria, S/africa Approve Visa Free Regime To Officials by devigblegble: 5:23pm On May 08, 2013
Only officials ? What about the commoners
Re: Nigeria, S/africa Approve Visa Free Regime To Officials by brumejohnson201: 5:23pm On May 08, 2013
This is the global sim that works in south Africa

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, S/africa Approve Visa Free Regime To Officials by kokoye(m): 5:26pm On May 08, 2013
devigblegble: Only officials ? What about the commoners

You're pushing it bro...
Re: Nigeria, S/africa Approve Visa Free Regime To Officials by Fhemmmy: 5:30pm On May 08, 2013
South Africans are very smart, they know the ordinary citizens has no money to bring and lodge there . . .Lol

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria, S/africa Approve Visa Free Regime To Officials by Kingslaw(m): 5:30pm On May 08, 2013
ok.............h
Re: Nigeria, S/africa Approve Visa Free Regime To Officials by babaowo: 5:30pm On May 08, 2013
i think this is selfish interest from federal government,because it will give those officials in services free access to run away when duty calls or when they need to answer some cases.....it does not affect common man life either.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria, S/africa Approve Visa Free Regime To Officials by campionichops: 5:31pm On May 08, 2013
Grant all Nigerians free visa to SA and watch how MMA will be clouded tomorrow. cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria, S/africa Approve Visa Free Regime To Officials by vizboy(m): 5:34pm On May 08, 2013
cry
Re: Nigeria, S/africa Approve Visa Free Regime To Officials by ZUBY77(m): 5:34pm On May 08, 2013
This is a good start. No country would approve visa free for everybody at the same time. If this work well, the priviledge will be expanded.
Good one GEJ.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, S/africa Approve Visa Free Regime To Officials by Nobody: 5:34pm On May 08, 2013
Nothing for us?

Damn !
Re: Nigeria, S/africa Approve Visa Free Regime To Officials by uchechuwku: 5:35pm On May 08, 2013
Every time i want to comment
this 1 to 21 LAW keeeps staring at me

now, i have to keep my comment to myself sad sad sad grin

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria, S/africa Approve Visa Free Regime To Officials by Lobolintin(m): 5:36pm On May 08, 2013
I will be first to leave ... if they grant naija citizens .... south Korea visa on my garri mind
Re: Nigeria, S/africa Approve Visa Free Regime To Officials by Kingslaw(m): 5:36pm On May 08, 2013
brumejohnson201: This is the global sim that works in south Africa
the sim is sold for how-much?
where is your office?
is it recognize by NCC?
can it be use for browsing?
Re: Nigeria, S/africa Approve Visa Free Regime To Officials by zolajpower: 5:38pm On May 08, 2013
i hope this will foster a good relationship between countries. especially the discrimination towards the inter-marriage of nigerian men and south african ladies from the south african authority
Re: Nigeria, S/africa Approve Visa Free Regime To Officials by valdubem(m): 5:46pm On May 08, 2013
uchechuwku: Every time i want to comment
this 1 to 21 LAW keeeps staring at me

now, i have to keep my comment to myself sad sad sad grin

Hahaha! grin
Re: Nigeria, S/africa Approve Visa Free Regime To Officials by cinder66(f): 5:50pm On May 08, 2013
Am new here oooo,how do i post a topic? Abeg somebody help. Ahhh dis nairaland 2 get do and don't. I don even 4get some rules sef. undecided
Re: Nigeria, S/africa Approve Visa Free Regime To Officials by Nobody: 6:06pm On May 08, 2013
woow, let me go and take my bath and prepare for south africa dis nite
Re: Nigeria, S/africa Approve Visa Free Regime To Officials by Imyourex(m): 6:10pm On May 08, 2013
Why does this NL rules keep staring at my face each time I grab my keypad?
Thank God, that the price of G4 was not included.

@ Topic, HOw E tAke Affect the price of this commodity?

Re: Nigeria, S/africa Approve Visa Free Regime To Officials by Nobody: 6:16pm On May 08, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria, S/africa Approve Visa Free Regime To Officials by 190: 6:17pm On May 08, 2013
Im your ex: Why does this NL rules keep staring at my face each time I grab my keypad?
Thank God, that the price of G4 was not included.

@ Topic, HOw E tAke Affect the price of this commodity?

Rotfl
Re: Nigeria, S/africa Approve Visa Free Regime To Officials by esere826: 6:27pm On May 08, 2013
@OP

What are the 9 MOU's?
and what country is going to benefit fromm the relationship amongst the two?
The report makes it clear that South Africa will benefit from tourism,
It also makes it clear that Nigerian and SA officials will benefit from visa free travels

Hope we dont sell our birthrights for a plate of potridge
Re: Nigeria, S/africa Approve Visa Free Regime To Officials by Haslad(m): 6:48pm On May 08, 2013
LOL....
esere826: @OP

What are the 9 MOU's?
and what country is going to benefit fromm the relationship amongst the two?
The report makes it clear that South Africa will benefit from tourism,
It also makes it clear that Nigerian and SA officials will benefit from visa free travels

Hope we dont sell our birthrights for a plate of potridge
Re: Nigeria, S/africa Approve Visa Free Regime To Officials by OkikiOluwa1(m): 6:49pm On May 08, 2013
1 of theresult of GEJ's visit.
Re: Nigeria, S/africa Approve Visa Free Regime To Officials by Nobody: 6:59pm On May 08, 2013
campionichops: Grant all Nigerians free visa to SA and watch how MMA will be clouded tomorrow. cheesy
so what will you go and do there?
Re: Nigeria, S/africa Approve Visa Free Regime To Officials by gmailpictures: 7:04pm On May 08, 2013
The world should learn from dubai. You can't have access to any benefits.
You spend your own money and trade freely as long as you obey the rules.
Most of these contries are not as beautiful as Dubai.
Re: Nigeria, S/africa Approve Visa Free Regime To Officials by cold(m): 7:16pm On May 08, 2013
campionichops: Grant all Nigerians free visa to SA and watch how MMA will be clouded tomorrow. cheesy
Hmmm...funny people even liked this

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, S/africa Approve Visa Free Regime To Officials by boron10(m): 7:18pm On May 08, 2013
You want make Nigeria empty for South Africa?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, S/africa Approve Visa Free Regime To Officials by knight0480: 7:19pm On May 08, 2013
a step after the other
Re: Nigeria, S/africa Approve Visa Free Regime To Officials by kiyosaki1(m): 7:59pm On May 08, 2013
Definitly going to negatively affect our hospitality sector.Clueless govt
Re: Nigeria, S/africa Approve Visa Free Regime To Officials by hikmoj(m): 8:22pm On May 08, 2013
babaowo: i think this is selfish interest from federal government,because it will give those officials in services free access to run away when duty calls or when they need to answer some cases.....it does not affect common man life either.
not only dat.opportunity 4 dem 2 pack our money 2 save there.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Delta Line Transport Park At Mainland,lagos. Where? / 5 Tech Accessories Young Travellers Should Have / Majority Of Nigerians Living In Europe.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.