Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,470 members, 7,812,442 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:25 PM

Extracts Of The Sermon At The May 2013 Holy Ghost Service At The Redemption Camp - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Extracts Of The Sermon At The May 2013 Holy Ghost Service At The Redemption Camp (1063 Views)

How To Receive HOLY GHOST Baptism / Our Dangerous Prayers, Using Holy Ghost Fire As A Weapon Of Destruction / Rccg Special Holy Ghost Service Live (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Extracts Of The Sermon At The May 2013 Holy Ghost Service At The Redemption Camp by Blazingsun: 5:33pm On May 08, 2013
May 2013 Holy Ghost Service
Theme: The Wonders of His Favour
Preacher: Pastor EA Adeboye
Text: Esther 5:1-3
“Now it came to pass on the third day, that Esther put on her royal apparel, and stood in the inner court of the king's house, over against the king's house: and the king sat upon his royal throne in the royal house, over against the gate of the house. And it was so, when the king saw Esther the queen standing in the court, that she obtained favour in his sight: and the king held out to Esther the golden sceptre that was in his hand. So Esther drew near, and touched the top of the sceptre. Then said the king unto her, What wilt thou, queen Esther? and what is thy request? it shall be even given thee to the half of the kingdom.”

The first thing we notice from the text is that the King saw Esther where she was standing at the inner court of the palace. No matter where you are, when the time for God to favour you comes, that favour will locate you. In Genesis 18:1-5, favour located Abraham at home in the plain of Mamre. In 1samuel 16, David was in the farm looking after his father’s sheep and favour located him there. In Mark 3:1-5, the man with the withered hand was in the synagogue, a place of worship when favour located him. In mark 5:1-15, favour located the mad man of Gadara at the grave yard. Whether you are at home, in the office, market place or church, the favour of the almighty God will locate you tonight in Jesus name. You will obtain favour in the sight of the King of kings tonight in Jesus name. Amen!

The second thing noticed from the text was that the king didn’t just see Esther, he focussed his attention on her. When the time for God to favour you comes, God won’t just see you, He will focus His attention on you! In John 5:2-6, there was a multitude at the pool of Bethesda, but a man who had been ill for 38years was singled out, Christ didn’t just see him like others, he focussed his attention on him and the man received his healing. In the name that is above every other name, God will focus His attention on you tonight in Jesus name. Whatever has been blocking the eyes of those who will help you, will be removed in Jesus name. Amen!

The third thing is that when the time to favour you comes, God will be personally involved in your affairs. It is one thing to be noticed but it is another thing to be given attention and helped. In John 9:2-7, Christ got involved in the case of the man born blind, he spat on the floor, took the clay to anoint his eyes, told him to go wash at the pool of Siloam and the man received his sight. Tonight the Almighty God will get involved with your situation in Jesus name. Amen.

The fourth thing we notice from the text is that when the King saw Esther, he raised his golden sceptre which symbolised that he was beckoning on her to come closer. When the time for God to favour you comes, He beckons to you to come nearer. In Exodus 3:1-4, Moses was at the back of the desert taking care of his father in law’s flocks as usual but when the time of his favour came, he saw a burning bush, then God called him to come closer and from that day on his life never remained the same. In a way you have never heard from God before, you will hear from Him tonight in Jesus name. Amen.

When God beckons to you, it is to bring you close to his power! In the text, the golden sceptre the King raised was a symbol of his power. He showed her the sceptre, she touched it and he then told her to make her request. When you touch the sceptre of the King of kings, not only will your history change, that of those around you will also change. In the name above very name, your history will change, that of family will change and the history of Nigeria or any country you represent will also change for good in Jesus name. Amen.

According Esther 4:11, whoever went to the king’s inner court uninvited was by law to be killed except the golden sceptre gets raised. The fact that the king raised the sceptre meant that Esther’s situation change death to life. In the name that is above every name, every plan of death in your life will be cancelled in Jesus name. Amen. All those who are expecting your burial shall be disappointed in Jesus name. Amen.

When you come in contact with the sceptre of the king of kings, dramatic changes happen. When Jarius came in contact with the power of God in Mark 5:35-42, the sorrowful situation in his family ended, their weeping ended and joy came into their home. Jarius’ encounter with Jesus not only helped him but it brought happiness to his household. When the power of God comes upon you, it is not for you only. It is for those around you, for the needy, the sick and those who need help.

When Esther got to the king, he asked her voluntarily what she wanted even before she could make her request. When your day of favour comes, the Almighty God will volunteer to help you. In John 5:2-6, Jesus went voluntarily to the man at the pool of Bethesda, Christ voluntarily offered to help not because the man called out for help. In Luke 7:11-15, Christ out of compassion voluntarily offered to bring a widow’s only son back to life not because she went to him for help. Tonight, it is my prayer that the one God will use to favour you will volunteer help to you this week in Jesus name. Amen

Before Esther asked, the king already said the answer is settled. When the time of favour comes, all prayers will be answered. Isaiah 65:24 says “And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.” Tonight, God will answer all your prayers in Jesus name. In 2Kings 4:1-7, all the widow of the prophet asked for was money to pay her debt but when God was through with her, she had money to pay her debts and more than enough money to take care of her family. In 1Samuel 2:21, all Hannah asked for was a child but after Samuel came God gave her additional 5 children. God is capable of doing abundantly above all you ask or seek. You will knock at one door and seven will open unto you in Jesus name. Amen.

Finally from the text, we notice that the King was willing to give Esther up to half of his kingdom. He said “what is thy request? it shall be even given thee to the half of the kingdom.”. When you find favour in the sight of God, He makes his kingdom available to you. If you have not received favour in the sight of God, no amount of preaching can get you saved. The bible says in John 6:44 “No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him”. Only those that are favoured of the Lord can be drawn to Jesus Christ. John 15:16 also says “Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.” It is only through Jesus Christ you can enjoy the favour of the Almighty God! Therefore if you are yet to give your life to Jesus, take a bold step, ask for forgiveness and surrender your life to Him today.

PRAYER POINTS
1) Praise Him
2) Father please just have mercy upon me
3) Father let your favour locate me right now
4) Father please treat my case as special tonight
5) Father please get involved in my case right now
6) Father don’t pass me by tonight, draw me nearer to yourself
7) Father please let me have a taste of your awesome power tonight
cool Father please help me, just help me
9) Father please answer all my prayers, grant all my request tonight
10) Father do more than I can ever ask for
11) Additional prayer requests
P.S. WE WERE INSTRUCTED TO PRAY FOR 1HOUR

(1) (Reply)

Familiar Spirit N False Prophecy / What If There Is No God And Heaven And Hell Is Just An Illusion / Catholic Church And “worship” Of Images By Jerry Uhuo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.