Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,794 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:04 PM

The Fast And The Luxurious: Dubai Police Gets Mercs And Bentleys - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The Fast And The Luxurious: Dubai Police Gets Mercs And Bentleys (1840 Views)

Dubai Police Bust Nigerian Gang Involved In Armed Robbery / Dubai Police Unveil Ferrari And Lamborghini Patrol Cars. / Dubai Police Drive 700-hp Lamborghini Aventador (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Fast And The Luxurious: Dubai Police Gets Mercs And Bentleys by elctroguru(m): 6:12pm On May 08, 2013
After generating headlines for their Ferraris and Lamborghinis, it seems Dubai police have a much bigger need for speed.

Adding luxury to crime fighting, the force has included Mercedes and Bentley cars to their fleet this week.

Photos of a Bentley and Mercedes SLS, painted in the colors of the force, were taken while they were parked in a Dubai Police garage.

The images were circulating on social media on Saturday, with the new cars having number plates 4 and 5.

Last month, with the introduction of Ferraris to the force, Dubai police head Lieutenant General Dahi Khalfan explained why the force needed the luxury cars.

“Dubai is a unique city and everything in it should reflect its uniqueness and for that reason police will add a Ferrari sports car to its patrol fleet,” Khalfan said, according to local UAE news reports.

The $545,000 sports car will be used to keep order on the streets in high-end locations such as the area surrounding Burj Khalifa, the world’s tallest skyscraper.

Khalfan said “Dubai Police are working on updating the police patrol cars to enhance security on the roads in accordance with highest international standards and technical developments.”

He added that the Dubai Police is one of the few police forces in the world fortunate enough to have such cars in its security patrol service.

Other sports cars in the Dubai Police patrol fleet include $550,000 Lamborghinis and Chevy Camaro sports cars, which can often be seen on busy highways.

Re: The Fast And The Luxurious: Dubai Police Gets Mercs And Bentleys by olamega(m): 2:43pm On May 29, 2013
How I wish I can apply for police job over there....
Re: The Fast And The Luxurious: Dubai Police Gets Mercs And Bentleys by CROWE: 2:52pm On May 29, 2013
Why do they need these types of cars, is Dubai full of street racers?
Re: The Fast And The Luxurious: Dubai Police Gets Mercs And Bentleys by ba7man(m): 4:04pm On May 29, 2013
CROWÉ: Why do they need these types of cars, is Dubai full of street racers?
They have a supercar culture. A lot of them own fast cars and drive them hard also. How do you catch an offender in a Ferrari??
Re: The Fast And The Luxurious: Dubai Police Gets Mercs And Bentleys by Lobolintin(m): 5:31pm On May 29, 2013
naija still dey use molue

1 Like

Re: The Fast And The Luxurious: Dubai Police Gets Mercs And Bentleys by seunny4lif(m): 6:32pm On May 29, 2013
ba7man: They have a supercar culture. A lot of them own fast cars and drive them hard also. How do you catch an offender in a Ferrari??
Go to libya and see the kind of cars police dey use...Arab police always dey enjoy ooh and it two police officers per car,i mean range rover sport,lastest toyata camry,land cursie jeep.... I feel like joining the police there....
Re: The Fast And The Luxurious: Dubai Police Gets Mercs And Bentleys by ba7man(m): 8:24pm On May 29, 2013
seunny4lif: Go to libya and see the kind of cars police dey use...Arab police always dey enjoy ooh and it two police officers per car,i mean range rover sport,lastest toyata camry,land cursie jeep.... I feel like joining the police there....
Why won't you want to resume work?? Not those village idiots in black we have here.
Re: The Fast And The Luxurious: Dubai Police Gets Mercs And Bentleys by seunny4lif(m): 1:36am On May 30, 2013
ba7man: Why won't you want to resume work?? Not those village idiots in black we have here.
Naija police dey suffer,allah..

(1) (Reply)

Niger Coup: Fake, Rented Crowd Hailing Coup Plotters / Delhi India Gang Rare Victim Photo Release / Photos: Ghana Bamboo Bikes Gain Worldwide Attention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.