Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,373 members, 7,815,787 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:26 PM

Have Any One Port Yet? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Have Any One Port Yet? (595 Views)

Can One Port A Blocked Mtn Sim To Another Network? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Have Any One Port Yet? by olushowunm(m): 6:14am On May 09, 2013
It is with deep sense of humor, that i write this piece.
I have been thinking lately, that with the huge resources the Telcos expended on the new "PORTING CRAZE MENTALITY", has anyone of you or those that you know port yet?

Well, it is not new in Nigeria to force the Telcos waste resources, they should be spending on CSR initiative stupid white elephant project.
If i want to change my network, it will only cost me N100 or next nothing to do so, why will i ever want to port and waste my time to feel out questionaires and also forfeit all my account balance and the freebies i currently enjoyed on my network.
It's either NCC is being governed by Dumbs or the Telcos are more dumber to think Nigerians will actually port from one network to another.
Imagine, you have 300,000 Naira balance on your MTN line and you are angry with their Drop calls and other shits that happen on that network, will you be happy to port to Glo or Etisalat just to prove a point and forfeit your balance of N300,000?
Re: Have Any One Port Yet? by olushowunm(m): 6:24am On May 09, 2013
.... Looking at it holistically, its assumed that one Telco is better than the other in all area that can cause people to port!
Thats fallacy of hasty generalization and it is zero as far as i'm concerned.
Because no network is superior to other in quality or services.
They are all poor and don't even have anything that will make me port to from one to another, i'd rather have all their sims at N400 and have a 4-Sims phone(Quadsims).
This way, i'm not held in ransom by any network, i can fire telco at will if i'm not comfortable with their services.
Please lets hear your experience on this "PORTING CRAZE", which have created new millionaires like "SAKA".
Thanks.
Re: Have Any One Port Yet? by mjay(m): 7:58am On May 09, 2013
Porting is not just about you, its also about those who contact you.You may be comfortable carrying 4sims, how many numbers are ur contact going to save just for you alone?

(1) (Reply)

Bulk SMS - A Certain Attention Winner! / Techno T3 Problem Pls Help / Indian Woman Develops Touch-free Mobile Technology

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.