Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,105 members, 7,811,107 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:48 PM

Bulk SMS - A Certain Attention Winner! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Bulk SMS - A Certain Attention Winner! (593 Views)

CPC Orders MTN To Pay 1.85m Naira To Promo Winner / Glo Gives Out N35m Benz G-Wagon To Promo Winner (Photos) / Glo Free Sms, A Scam Or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bulk SMS - A Certain Attention Winner! by Edwin7: 4:42pm On May 31, 2013
In continuation of my series on the power of bulk SMS in general and marketing communications, I present the first power of bulk SMS as contained in my ebook: The Phenomenal Power of Bulk SMS. You can request a copy of the ebook at http://www.5starsmsng.com. Meanwhile, enjoy this article!

A-T-T-E-N-T-I-O-N! That 9-letter word – what does it mean to you?

Nah, nah, nah… I’m not talking about its academic definition; I’m talking about its intrinsic worth in the real world.

I mean, if you have the attention of 100 million people for 1 hour every day, how much will it be worth to you?

Well, attention in the real sense is POWER; it is MONEY – loads of it, if you know how to convert its monumental potential.

Put in another way: If you have people’s attention, you have power. If you have people’s attention, you’re a potential millionaire or billionaire – depending on the size of your thinking.

Now, please note this: people’s attention is SACRED and should be treated as such – with reverence and utilized for a common good.

The Mistake Most People Make Today

The mistake I see most people make today is think that we’re still living in the Information Age. How wrong!

Listen, the Info Age is long gone! It’s game over for that age. We’re now living in the Attention Age.

Time was when Agrarian Age reigned supreme. In those days, people with farmlands and big families and workers to work the land were the millionaires of their time. The measure of wealth then was the size of your real estate.

Time was when Industrial Age held sway. Then, owners of industries like steel, rails, and oil ran the show and the workers with the needed skills used to laugh all the way to the bank.

Then the Information Age zoomed in in style years ago. Immediately, power and billions gravitated to the guys and gals with the information and who owned the tools to easily get and share information on a large scale. That’s why folks like Bill Gates (who doesn’t know him?), Michael Dell of Dell Computers, the Google guys Larry Page and Sergey Brin, and the Yahoo! guys Jerry Yang and David Filo became billionaires.

All of them own companies built on tools that help people easily and quickly get and share information on a large scale.

But Today?

Just because you have a highly valuable piece of information doesn’t mean you’re going to be rich.

Why?

Because information itself – too much of it – has become a nemesis of some sort. Today, majority of humanity are suffering from Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD). Why? Because we have so much information at our fingertips and we’re overwhelmed and paralyzed by it.

This is what E. O. Wilson saw when he said, “We’re drowning in information but starved for knowledge.” And Wired Magazine once wrote: “Attention has become the scarce resource of the information economy.”

Researchers say, today, the average human sees about 6,000 advertising messages every day! We’re bombarded with advertising messages right from when we wake up till when we sleep – everywhere!

What do you think people are looking for? Our attention, your attention, of course.

Now think about this: On May 17, 2012, Facebook, Inc. held an initial public offering, negotiating a share price of $38 apiece, valuing the company at $104 billion, the largest valuation to date for a newly listed public company. And that’s according to the trusted Wikipedia.

How in the world do you think Facebook make its money? After all, Facebook is free to use and they don’t sell any product.

Simple answer: Facebook has the attention of over 1 billion people worldwide and they sell this colossal attention to advertisers for a specific length of time.

Yep! Facebook has over 1 billion active users as of October 2012 – and that’s also according to the highly-trusted online encyclopedia: Wikipedia.

So, as you can see, years ago, oil and steel and information were the commodities that made people rich, powerful, and famous. Today, it’s how many eyeballs you command; it’s how many eyeballs you can win.

Enough said, let’s zero that in to bulk SMS communications.

What’s the Connection?

Here’s the connection: SMS is a certain attention winner. Please note the word “certain.” Unlike other marketing methods, bulk SMS is guaranteed to get the attention of your target audience.

How so?

Because when you send SMS and it is received by your prospect, her phone will ring. And what will that do? It will get her attention… guaranteed!

People simply cannot stand the sound of a ringing phone – they always feel they must check it out. It leverages on the natural human curiousity. In fact, it has been widely said that the ringing phone is the most powerful sound in the world!
Face it, can you let your ring on end without feeling the strong urge to check it out? In fact, people watch out for text messages! Okay, let me make a personal confession here…

I used to check my phone every now and then to see if a text message came in that I didn’t notice.

Hmmn… this mobile thing has got us between its teeth!

That reminds me of the powerful observation made by Dr. Stephen R. Covey of blessed memory in his legendary book: The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. He wrote on page 150 of the book:

“Most people can’t stand the thought of just allowing the phone ring. You could spend hours preparing materials, you could get all dressed up and travel to a person’s office to discuss a particular issue, but if the phone were to ring while you were there, it would generally take precedence over your personal visit.”

True talk!

So, in summary, bulk SMS has the phenomenal power of getting the attention of your target audience GUARANTEED. And as you’ve just learned, people’s attention is pure gold!

Article Source: http://5starsmsng.com/blog/articles/bulk-sms-a-certain-attention-winner

Remember that you can send bulk SMS at http://www.5starsmsng.com/send-bulk-sms-in-nigeria

(1) (Reply)

Techno T3 Problem Pls Help / Please, I Need Music Player On My Lumia 510 / Bold 9900 Goes Off If Wifi Or Bluetooth Is Not On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.