Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,766 members, 7,809,953 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:41 PM

Folorunsho Alakija Speaks On Marriage Problems: “my Husband’s Mother Almost Wrec - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Folorunsho Alakija Speaks On Marriage Problems: “my Husband’s Mother Almost Wrec (2057 Views)

Folorunsho Alakija Buys G-wagons For Her Sons / P-square With Dangote And Mrs Folorunsho Alakija (Picture) / I'm Seven Months Pregnant For Funke Akindele's Husband - Mother Of Two (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Folorunsho Alakija Speaks On Marriage Problems: “my Husband’s Mother Almost Wrec by henrydeelinkag(m): 8:41am On May 09, 2013
Mrs Folorunsho Alakija, a Nigerian business mogul who became the 2nd richest woman in Africa last year is speaking up for the very first time on her marital challenges.

The mother of 4 said in an interview that her mother-in-law who hails from the Igbo tribe almost wrecked her marriage of many years.

Hear Mrs Alakija in her own words below;

”My husband’s mother was Igbo, while her dad was from the south-west here, and because of this, my mother in-law never wanted a yoruba woman to marry her son. She was also not comfortable with my muslim background then. She wanted an Igbo daughter-inlaw, but my husband said it’s me or nothing.

It was a tough battle until God finally prevailed….Whenever she wanted something from my husband and was not getting it immediately , she would start attacking me and saying i’m the one stopping her son from doing her biddings. it was also an issue when she asked for a baby girl from me and i could not give her. i have four boys in my marriage….At some point, i was encouraged to fight back by my husband, but i refused and kept praying to God to change her. Despite my mother inlaw’s opposition towards me, i made sure we took herto US and UK on holidays with us severally and kept showering her with unconditional love. My joy is that we settled before she passed on”

Source :http://www.deelinkage.com/2013/05/folorunsho-alakija-speaks-on-marriage.html?m=

1 Like

Re: Folorunsho Alakija Speaks On Marriage Problems: “my Husband’s Mother Almost Wrec by Tjohn1(m): 12:53pm On May 09, 2013
Ladies, i hope we are learning o, show love to your mother in-law even when she antagonizes you, one day you will win her over.
Some wives would have deprived her of those abroad trips she enjoyed while alive, claiming their mother in laws didn't accept them in the first place.

(1) (Reply)

Beautiful Moet Abebe Flaunts Her Sweet Assets / Dad Photgraphs 5 Year Old Daughter Dressed As Historic Black Women To Teach Her / (photos) Omotola Looking Sweet At Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Programme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.