Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

Naija Celebs And Their Brand Incarnates (funny) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Naija Celebs And Their Brand Incarnates (funny) (808 Views)

Hilarious Throwback Photos Of Naija Celebs / Top 5 Most Annoying Naija Celebs / Nigerian Celebs And Six Pack Abs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Naija Celebs And Their Brand Incarnates (funny) by whizkidd: 3:01pm On May 09, 2013
Endorsements, endorsements, endorsements! That seems to be the craze for Nigerian celebs. Its easy to see why; a huge advance and steady paychecks. Plus your image is plastered everywhere from billboards to newspaper ads, further fuelling your popularity and fame. In these tough economic times, its one of the few win-win scenarios around. Brands get to promote and celebs get to eat. But which of these celebs can actually hold their own globally? That question led me to create a list of 10 global brands and their naija celeb incarnations. Enjoy!

M.I as Mercedez Benz

When you think of that dream Mercedes Benz, you think of an elegant, exquisite, ahead of its time, innovative vehicle. Those same words can be used to describe Mr. Incredible himself. M.I came into the rap game guns blazing, with lyrics and a flow that were way ahead of its time. He also has a reputation for being one dapper rapper (check the flow). Ironically, his Benz got stolen a while ago when he was in Abuja. God must have a sense of humor.

D’Banj as McDonald’s

McDonald’s is global and universally loved. It might not be the best brand or even the best food for you but somehow it remains one of the most prominent brands in the world. D’banj aka The Koko Master is sort of the same, he is the biggest star out of naija, and has a global reputation but yet no one can really say for sure what he does exactly. Is he a rapper? Is he a singer? Plus his brand of mediocre and suggestive lyrics might leave you feeling slightly confused if not thoroughly dumbed down

Tonto Dikeh as Tata Bus

Nothing much too be said. Very visible with not much talent.

Wizkid as Apple

The world seems stops whenever Apple releases a new product. Apple over the years has carefully crafted an image that not only projects ‘cool’ but has come to define and redefine it over and over again. Likewise, Wizkid has come to define ‘cool’ as far as naija entertainment is concerned. From his first video ‘Holla at your boy’, to performances with Chris Brown, and even his latest song ‘Jaiye Jaiye’ featuring Grammy-nominated Femi Kuti, Wizkid always seems to be one step ahead of the game.

To see the full version, with images include, visit: http://digivarsity./2013/05/06/naija-celebs-as-global-brands/
Re: Naija Celebs And Their Brand Incarnates (funny) by debayun(m): 6:51pm On May 09, 2013
Cool dis guys r pple who hv realised their passion and wat dey knw dey r best at and hv turned it to a brand
But its ironically funny wen u see most budding youths of nigeria all wanna go into music without an iota of talent am even biggining to fnk there r more so called celebs dan there r fans
Imagine u will see an upcoming artiste's 1st track wld b "I don hammer oooo" wen he as nofin
Look at wizkid and mi's 1st songs dey did nt say any such fin anyhw I jst hope d Nigerian youths realise and develop their calling

God help us all

PS: I hope I did nt derail d thread if I did am sorry. Nice write up though

(1) (Reply)

........ / Michael Jackson Went 60 Days Without Real Sleep:world Record / Photos: Check Out Dbanj's Suit Made Of 'dollars'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.