Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,197 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure (34215 Views)

Jamb Registrar Dibu Ojerinde Speaks About Jamb 2016 / Waec 2014 May/june Results Out. Mass Failure Recorded / Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by phoneport(m): 9:16pm On May 09, 2013
The House of Representatives Thursday summoned the Registrar of the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB), Prof Dibu Ojerinde, over mass failure by candidates in the last Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).

The recently released result of the examination showed many students scoring below 150, out of the 400 marks based on the four papers each of the candidates sat for. Chairman, House Committee on Education, Hon. Aminu Suleiman (PDP Kano), said yesterday that the summons became imperative due to series of complaints and protests by a cross section of Nigerians. Said he: “We heard that JAMB authorities had formally explained some reasons for the mass failure. This is not enough if the content of the complaints of Nigerians is anything to go by.
One of the complaints was that concerning the usage of computer for the exam that
most of them had never had contact with before. According to him:“It can be recalled that the House passed a resolution asking JAMB not to use computer for the 2013 exams and they said they would make it optional; but there were still complaints by candidates that some of them filled the manual or paper option only to find themselves being asked to write the exams using computers,”.

He added that the mass failure might not be unconnected with the introduction of computers for the exams, bearing in mind that most candidates especially from Government secondary schools were not exposed to computer before.
He further said the committee had no option that to act accordingly to work towards finding a lasting solution to the perennial failures of JAMB candidates.

http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/05/09/mass-failure-reps-summon-jamb-registrar/

1 Like

Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by phoneport(m): 9:22pm On May 09, 2013
This people never seems to amaze me.
Hope they set up a committee to look into it?

1 Like

Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Nobody: 11:19pm On May 09, 2013
Crap in its totality

2 Likes

Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by JUO(m): 11:19pm On May 09, 2013
na him fault?
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Siga: 11:21pm On May 09, 2013
Another money making venture... oya ...committee of 10 sharp sharp...
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by fckyourman: 11:22pm On May 09, 2013
REPS ARE FINALLY WORKING.

God punish JAMB

14 Likes

Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by shugacaneman: 11:23pm On May 09, 2013
social networks are the cause

7 Likes

Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by fittty(m): 11:23pm On May 09, 2013
Ok
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Ajibel(m): 11:23pm On May 09, 2013
JAMB really messed up this year. I think the board should be overhauled. Everyone would blame the mass failure on laziness of the students,i think thats just a cover up. I heard JAMB deducted marks from students too

11 Likes

Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Donlexino(m): 11:25pm On May 09, 2013
nawao!una nor dey sleep sef?

1 Like

Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by acidtalk: 11:28pm On May 09, 2013
What in Heaven's name is This Country Nigeria turning into?

If this so called House of Representative members have nothing to do, can they just close that chambers, give the keys to Tambuwwal to continue globe trotting with rotimi Ameachi in his private jet. This whole thing is making a mockery of this country.

Is it the Head of Jamb the House of Representative are meant to summon on the Dullards who have nothing in their heads and their parents who no longer scold them to go and read.

The educational standard as so gone down the drain that even a day to exams, students will have heavy ear phones in their ears (they call DRE abi shey na Snoppy) listening to some immoral meaningless songs being sang by all the so called illiterate wanna be dropouts.

Nothing in Nigeria is improving anymore, everything seems to be nose diving, from morals, to spiritual life, educational standard, respect, conscience, trust, hardwork, humility, honesty......

Tambuwwal tell your boys to face more pressing issues rather than blaming an innocent man and his team for marking genuinely without bias what those useless dullards tick in the exam sheet.

Well, I don't blame dem sef. Afterall the thief that called himself Farouk Lawan was the chairman Committee on Education. They are looking for ways to siphone bribe from the Budget given to Jamb this year.

Students : if una dare insult me, na the person wey dey the oldest picture for una house una dey talk to.

Olodo bunch of students in a dead nation. Like Olodo Students like their Dumb President.

68 Likes

Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by spikesC(m): 11:28pm On May 09, 2013
I totally hate this about the reps. Are they trying to say JAMB don't know there job or what. Or that people really didn't fail.
Lets face the fact, most Nigerian students writing JAMB fail because they're supposed to fail. You see people expecting results via text messages. Some writing exam types not giving to them. Some making stupid mistakes in their sheets and even disobeying instructions.

When people fail, they FAILED.

My only advice is to allow resitting of JAMB in a few months after the first one. That way, more people will have opportunity to gain admission.

14 Likes

Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by tejpot(m): 11:28pm On May 09, 2013
What do they hope to achieve with the summon? Add 50 marks each for all candidates? Shior

2 Likes

Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by adepoj99(m): 11:28pm On May 09, 2013
Make house of rep find lastin solution 2 dis jamb issue... Cuz many burnt nite candles bt find demself scoring 160.It's nt jst fair @dibu..... undecidedMake house of rep find lastin solution 2 dis jamb issue... Cuz many burnt nite candles bt find demself scoring 160.It's nt jst fair @dibu.....

6 Likes

Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Ajibel(m): 11:29pm On May 09, 2013
shugacaneman: social networks are the cause

the height of insensivity.when european countries are busy forging plans to introduce social networking into students learning environment,some shallow minds are blaming social networks for failure.every generation has its challenges,the internet is a challenge to our generation.stop whining!!

11 Likes

Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by olarwarlay(m): 11:29pm On May 09, 2013
I support the House on this, the results are just too bad. Haba!!!

6 Likes

Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Libkid(m): 11:29pm On May 09, 2013
Nice one by d hauz of rep.jamb should award d rite score of every candidate

2 Likes

Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Israelie(m): 11:29pm On May 09, 2013
Ajibel: JAMB really messed up this year. I think the board should be overhauled. Everyone would blame the mass failure on laziness of the students,i think thats just a cover up. I heard JAMB deducted marks from students too

Na dem sabi..
Upon d deduct, i stil mak it wit 200plus

4 Likes

Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by mike404(m): 11:30pm On May 09, 2013
GBAM
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by fckyourman: 11:31pm On May 09, 2013
spikes C: I totally hate this about the reps. Are they trying to say JAMB don't know there job or what. Or that people really didn't fail.
Lets face the fact, most Nigerian students writing JAMB fail because they're supposed to fail. You see people expecting results via text messages. Some writing exam types not giving to them. Some making stupid mistakes in their sheets and even disobeying instructions.

My only advice is to allow resitting of JAMB in a few months after the first one. That way, more people will have opportunity to gain admission.

Jamb is inaccurate when marking scripts, there are using sovient-union machines to mark the results. how on earth do you expect to achieve 100% accuracy, and second these student didnt not fail jamb there are marked wrongly due to lack of university infrastructures.

7 Likes

Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by mike404(m): 11:32pm On May 09, 2013
Na bookface, eskimi and 2go cause am jowo

2 Likes

Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by fckyourman: 11:33pm On May 09, 2013

are you not on social network to, or perhaps you fail jamb to. since you're on social networks.

2 Likes

Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by spikesC(m): 11:33pm On May 09, 2013
fckyourman:

Jamb is inaccurate when marking scripts, there are using sovient-union machines to mark the results. how on earth do you expect to achieve 100% accuracy, and second these student didnt not fail jamb there are marked wrongly due to lack of university infrastructures.

i want to understand how you know this undecided

3 Likes

Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by fckyourman: 11:34pm On May 09, 2013
mike404: Na bookface, eskimi and 2go cause am jowo

Bookface?, are you trying to crack a joke
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by mbhs139(m): 11:35pm On May 09, 2013
spikes C: I totally hate this about the reps. Are they trying to say JAMB don't know there job or what. Or that people really didn't fail.

My only advice is to allow resitting of JAMB in a few months after the first one. That way, more people will have opportunity to gain admission

that makes sense, a whole lot of sense
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by kpozite(m): 11:36pm On May 09, 2013
Abeg leave the man jor. Is this the frist time? all those years that WAEC and NECO has been recording poor results who did they summon. So this is what a man gets for donig a good job in this country? Didn't the result reflect the state the educational system in the country? Reps should go find lasting solution to the problem and leave the man alone.

1 Like

Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by iamswizz(m): 11:36pm On May 09, 2013
make them sha add marks for boys o
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by pmonkz(m): 11:36pm On May 09, 2013

------------------------------------------------------------------

Wooow! It baffles me when a Nigerian writes like this. The main reason for the mass failure is because the universities don't have the right capacity to absorb students, so JAMB intentionally failed students.

2 Likes

Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Psalm351(m): 11:37pm On May 09, 2013
So that what will happen? Medicine after death. Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Vansnickers: 11:38pm On May 09, 2013
Ajibel: JAMB really messed up this year. I think the board should be overhauled. Everyone would blame the mass failure on laziness of the students,i think thats just a cover up. I heard JAMB deducted marks from students too

What does JAMB have to gain from deducting Marks from you guys?!Only Losers make excuses for Failure, winners standup, dust-up and get ready for the next battle.

7 Likes

Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by fckyourman: 11:38pm On May 09, 2013
spikes C:

i want to understand how you know this undecided

"After June 1, the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) for 2013 would have been over with 1.7million students left alone to jostle for the 520,000 admission spaces in tertiary institutions in Nigeria."(Vanguard 2013)

Okay if 1 million pass jamb with flying colors, how are we suppose to accommodate them despite the space available in universities are 520,000, So Jamb purposely fail almost half of these candidates due to lack of spaces in universities. Do you get it now ?

4 Likes

Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Ajibel(m): 11:38pm On May 09, 2013
Israelie:

Na dem sabi..
Upon d deduct, i stil mak it wit 200plus

Dont be self-centered. Consider other innocent ones who with their brain got btw 200 to 230 before the deduction and negative marking.
What of those that thumbprinted,sat for d jamb and did their best only 2b told when checkin' result: No biometric verification angry

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Water-Logged Class In Akwa Ibom School / List Of States With Lowest Number Of Out Of School Children / Ondo State University Students To Pay N2.245m As Tuition Fees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.