Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,849 members, 7,817,514 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure (34213 Views)

Jamb Registrar Dibu Ojerinde Speaks About Jamb 2016 / Waec 2014 May/june Results Out. Mass Failure Recorded / Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by RaphaelCollinsidemudiaya(m): 1:33am On May 10, 2013
U can still upgrade your jamb score to
200 and above and release of witheld results. Call excellent Tech. 08061667433
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by WizPrince1(m): 1:35am On May 10, 2013
acidtalk: What in Heaven's name is This Country Nigeria turning into?

If this so called House of Representative members have nothing to do, can they just close that chambers, give the keys to Tambuwwal to continue globe trotting with rotimi Ameachi in his private jet. This whole thing is making a mockery of this country.

Is it the Head of Jamb the House of Representative are meant to summon on the Dullards who have nothing in their heads and their parents who no longer scold them to go and read.

The educational standard as so gone down the drain that even a day to exams, students will have heavy ear phones in their ears (they call DRE abi shey na Snoppy) listening to some immoral meaningless songs being sang by all the so called illiterate wanna be dropouts.

Nothing in Nigeria is improving anymore, everything seems to be nose diving, from morals, to spiritual life, educational standard, respect, conscience, trust, hardwork, humility, honesty......

Tambuwwal tell your boys to face more pressing issues rather than blaming an innocent man and his team for marking genuinely without bias what those useless dullards tick in the exam sheet.

Well, I don't blame dem sef. Afterall the thief that called himself Farouk Lawan was the chairman Committee on Education. They are looking for ways to siphone bribe from the Budget given to Jamb this year.

Students : if una dare insult me, na the person wey dey the oldest picture for una house una dey talk to.

Olodo bunch of students in a dead nation. Like Olodo Students like their Dumb President.
hey watch! That you were given the chance to comment does not give you the effrontery to insult Students, Parents and President. Idiot

2 Likes

Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Gboliwe: 1:37am On May 10, 2013
I am sure that those who chose or assigned to the computer based exam have not even taken the exam, what is the HOR saying?
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Nobody: 1:43am On May 10, 2013
Medicine after death

1 Like

Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by countryfirst: 1:44am On May 10, 2013
How was that his problem.......
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by SamIkenna: 2:01am On May 10, 2013
Nigerian Kids please go and study. I know most of you will say "but I did," yes you did, you came up short and that's why you have to do it again. Believe me, there's so much gain in studying extensively.

When I came to the US I took SAT subject Test because I wanted to go MIT - It was either MIT or nothing. But guess what - on the day of the exam before I could attempt the 50th question (took Physics and maths) the exam was over. Those who have taken Physics SAT subject test know how fast one needed to be to able to finish 70 questions in one hour. I was not fast enough, I was sluggish because thats how most of us do stuff in Nigeria. Not to denigrate our people but we kind of usually take our time in doing stuff. Maybe we think if we say - pls supervisor just gimme 2 minutes, pls sir, pls sir - that it'll do, no way. Anway, it turns out that not being able to finish the 70 questions in hour was actually a blessing because it made me cry so hard afterwhich I was ridiculously mad - mad at myself, mad at SAT for not taken into consideration people who're new to the system, mad at the US. To make it short, it turns out that not being fast enough at my first attempt was really for my own good - I needed to get acquainted with the way things are in America, if you're gonna get ahead coming from a sub-saharan nation - better be good and fast- too many Asian kids here kicking butts.

What am I saying - Nigerian Kids please study, study, and study. There is no place for blamers any more. I'ld hope when you all go to school a sizeable number of you guys are going in for Engineering cause that's where the real deal is. That's where your mettle will be tested and the weak will be weeded out, but if you make through I gurantee you the grass is greener in the end.

Hope you guys get the message which is - stop blaming JAMB. Deduction or no deduction, adapt to the deduction and make the grade. Its always eassy to make the grade if you're determined. Also, consider leaving Nairaland sometimes and go marry your book, it aint gonna hurt you.

8 Likes

Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by kalunomics(m): 2:01am On May 10, 2013
These lazy students shaded the paper types they received with their phones rather the paper types they were given. And JAMB this year, out-smarted them by saving the original paper types that was assigned to their respective registration numbers, in their database against marking. That is why most of them failed!

And for people saying JAMB intentionally marked them down to reduce the number of students that will be admitted into the university; what happened to POLYs that uses 160 cut-off mark? Are they not amongst the 500,000 capacity prospective candidates in-takers??
They people that prepared for the examination and some few other lucky ones that the paper-type text the received matched the ones assigned to them, passed the exam!
Kudos to JAMB! The parents should be thanking JAMB for this because the eligible candidates whom are potential 2-1 or 1st class students will be matriculating instead of wasting time and resources for 4 or 5 years only to graduate students with 2-2, 3rd Class or even pass...
It should be a wake-up call for the lazy tertiary prospective candidates to know what they are up against and imbibe the culture of reading and make it a hobby before gaining admissions

3 Likes

Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Kudylata(f): 2:16am On May 10, 2013
Thats the more reason why time management is neccessary, most people spend their whole day on social networks and every other part of their lives suffer the neglect.
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by akinnux(m): 2:16am On May 10, 2013
shugacaneman: social networks are the cause

In order words students are facebooking instead of facing their book.

1 Like

Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by brown938: 2:31am On May 10, 2013
There is mass failure! right. Candidate of jamb nowadays rely most on expo. Just take a look on some sites and blogs in some days to exam you will actually find "pay 3000 to subcribe for jamb expo" that's very bad. Jamb is now aware of such malpractice and decide to change their previous pattern of setting question which they did. The action make students to fail woefully. Student scoring 4/400, 30/ 400. Am sure if the pattern aren't changed they are going to pass well. People sitting for jamb next year will sit tight for the exam and don't rely on so called expo. You beef me like story you end like story. So, watch what you type coz what I said is the "bitter true"

1 Like

Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Nobody: 2:36am On May 10, 2013
RaphaelCollinsidemudia@ya:

So u had to carry your 419 come hia to deceive people further abi
The fake expo you sold them before the exam is not enough for you
I rebuke you Satan!

2 Likes

Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Nobody: 2:38am On May 10, 2013
It is a testament to the education minister's failure....not JAMB's failure.
Come on, how come that in this day and age, people are saying computer dey hard dem use?
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Odunharry(m): 2:41am On May 10, 2013
babyosisi:

So u had to carry your 419 come hia to deceive people further abi
The fake expo you sold them before the exam is not enough for you
I rebuke you Satan!
we go flog am cain now

1 Like

Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Nobody: 2:44am On May 10, 2013

If this so called House of Representative members have nothing to do, can they just close that chambers, give the keys to Tambuwwal to continue globe trotting with rotimi Ameachi in his private jet. This whole thing is making a mockery of this country.

Is it the Head of Jamb the House of Representative are meant to summon on the Dullards who have nothing in their heads and their parents who no longer scold them to go and read.

The educational standard as so gone down the drain that even a day to exams, students will have heavy ear phones in their ears (they call DRE abi shey na Snoppy) listening to some immoral meaningless songs being sang by all the so called illiterate wanna be dropouts.

Nothing in Nigeria is improving anymore, everything seems to be nose diving, from morals, to spiritual life, educational standard, respect, conscience, trust, hardwork, humility, honesty......

Tambuwwal tell your boys to face more pressing issues rather than blaming an innocent man and his team for marking genuinely without bias what those useless dullards tick in the exam sheet.

Well, I don't blame dem sef. Afterall the thief that called himself Farouk Lawan was the chairman Committee on Education. They are looking for ways to siphone bribe from the Budget given to Jamb this year.

Students : if una dare insult me, na the person wey dey the oldest picture for una house una dey talk to.

Olodo bunch of students in a dead nation. Like Olodo Students like their Dumb President.

Why waste my time typing, when you have done the job for me? 9900 billion likes for your post.

1 Like

Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Odunharry(m): 2:44am On May 10, 2013
2buff: It is a testament to the education minister's failure....not JAMB's failure.
Come on, how come that in this day and age, people are saying computer dey hard dem use?
that is nt an excuse joo..the cbt is yet to be written..jambites don't loose hope..those who shaded the wrong paper type and you didn't pass,it a challenge to u..always believe in urself and read ur books for any exam.
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Nobody: 2:52am On May 10, 2013
What do the house of reps want from the boss of JAMB rily? Do they want him to explain how and why there is massive failure in JAMB, to add 100 more points to the JAMB scores of the candidates, to further drop the marking standards of JAMB, to sack him or what? To me, that summon is totally unacceptable and uncalled for because it doesn't change the following trend in Nigerian education/ Nigerian students which are:

1. the present day students: 80-90 percent of the students we have in our country are too lazy. In the past, students studied widely and relentlessly (exam or no exam) they studied indepth; as time passed they stopped studying and started reading towards examination periods now later they changed from that method to the cramming method. As at present, the students don't even do any of those things. What they now do includes: visiting of online social network sites eg Facebook, twitter etc playing games and/or watching TV or home movies, irrelevant visiting of friends and roaming the city or strolling irresponsibly even late at night, attending clubs and other irrelevant social gathering, going around looking for/having boyfriends, girlfriends, sexmates etc
2. the present day school: most schools especially the private and the LEA schools don't have adequate qualified teaching force. the few teachers available do almost nothing but sit in their staff rooms to gossip and eat all sorts of snacks they send the students to buy from the commercial area thus distracting the students. Besides, most private and LEA schools are culprits of exam malpractice. 'They now brand themselves as special exam centres' and provide evil services such as expo, mercenaries/machineries (or what ever they might call it), smuggling of exam sheets outside exam venue, bribery.
3. present day parents: they are too pre-occupied with other activities so much so that they've lost interest in evaluating their children. My brethren tell me how callous can a parent be when he don't ask about the daily plan/goal of his/her children or wards,and when their children comes back from school no question is asked about their academic performance.
4. other societal forms of distraction eg ethno-religious and political violence before during and after elections, poverty, corruption, personal problems such as illness and many more.

Abegi They should let the prof be joor!

5 Likes

Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by a1solution: 3:25am On May 10, 2013
hyelhira: The available spaces in Nigerian institutions cannot absorb all students writing JAMB/UTME examinations in each year even if they all pass. According to the Minister of Education, “The major challenge is a country like Nigeria having 1.7 million sitting for examination. The space we have is 520,000 for federal, states, private universities, polytechnics and colleges of education.”Source: Punch, April 28, 2013. The purpose of this write up is not to appraise the UTME but to let students know that they have other credible alternatives (though these may be unpopular or unconventional) to obtain higher qualifications. Some of these are considered briefly below.

•Foreign Institutions
These will readily give admission to students from all over the world but the costs are prohibitive. For instance, average undergraduate UK course fees per year is about £12,000 (~N2.94m; £1 = N245)

•Part-time Study
A lot of these stop midway because they are not accredited by relevant bodies e.g. NUC, NBTE, etc. Also, these are not accepted by the NYSC.

•Scholarships
Scholarships and grants do exist but they are too few. A lot of time, beneficiaries of government scholarships do not get the funds regularly/on time.

•Approved Open and Distance Learning
The National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) offers various courses to students which are approved by the NUC and also acceptable for the purpose of the National Youth Service Scheme. The only challenge with this is that most students lack the discipline to study independently.

However, some organisations are providing innovative solutions to willing students. An example is the Dual Qualification Program offered by GGA Professional Partners (see http://www.ggacollege.org/contact-us/information-request-form/) to its students who are willing to combine a BSc program with NOUN with their regular professional studies. The firm integrates the syllabi of ICAN with that of the BSc in Accounting or BSc Entrepreneurial & Business Management of NOUN as the student desires. This enables students acquire a professional qualification (ICAN) in addition to a degree at the end of their studies.

Parents/guardians and students should start thinking out of the box and make good use of such opportunities instead of students just mopping around or wasting another year to face another UTME with its uncertainties.
if this is true its a nice idea to complement NOUN
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Originalsly: 3:30am On May 10, 2013

This quote is because many share this opinion.I don't when it comes to the point at issue...mass failure of students.The reasons OP gave for the mass failure were reasons that existed in 2012 and before. Why were there not mass failures then? Why suddenly in 2013? Common sense should tell us that if the majority of students were not computer literate and were required to do the exam on computer then the results would not be good.The JAMB board is clearly the cause of this disaster and need to be fired. Who knows what they have in mind for 2014...JAMB questions in Yoruba?...or Igbo?....or Hausa?....or German?...pidgin? Whatever they may choose...some people will still lay all the blame on the students.

2 Likes

Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Chinwem(f): 3:47am On May 10, 2013
Most students do everything EXCEPT study
Garbage in - Garbage out...........what were they expecting?

Please free the JAMB chairman jor..........do they think JAMB is GCE where cheating pays?
Summons my foot

1 Like

Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by fruityjojo(f): 3:51am On May 10, 2013
What I'wld love 2 ask d Jamb Registra is What is goin 2 happen 2 all those many centers dat d Jamb invigilators didn't thumbprint d Student & their results were witheld!? Are d candidates 2 suffer d Negligence nd stupid decisions of d Examiners/inviglators?

1 Like

Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by emmaebi: 4:16am On May 10, 2013
It is a pity that we caused our own problems but dont want 2 accept d fact, all d students dat wrote jamb, how many genuine pass their ssce. Even parents and teachers are not helping matters dey support somtimes encourage d students in doing d wrong tin.and hear is a team who did their job but because it did nt favour us due 2 our own fault, we castigate them.it is nt even news dat wen u fail waec, d next u want 2 write dont bother 2 read just go and pay 4 d grades(like 40k).wat do u xpect 4rm such product. No wonder dey say 'we glory in sin'
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by samilo88(m): 4:17am On May 10, 2013
Whoever thinks the jokers (House of reps) would make jamb remark those script or upgrade, must be high on something very special. This year's JAMB was one of the simplest I have ever seen. As a youth corper who teaches physics and chemistry, I interviewed some of the dumb SS3 students about 6 in numbers, and they all admit to cheating during the exam. I am not trying to make a general assumption because I know some serious students were also victims of this mass failure by JAMB. The truth of the matter is that many students have so trivialise JAMB that you see a student who knows next to nothing scoring very high with the help of expo. Students don't find it necessary to read for the exam since they can always get a text message during the exam. Even the once serious ones are fast becoming entangled in this webb. I think for the first time in a while JAMB is telling nigerian students that malpractice isn't the way to go. So you all crying blue murder should go back to the drawing board and stop all these accusations you heaping on JAMB it won't change anything. I don write exam back then for university wey over 90% of the students fail, we shout tire but nothing happen everybody write d course as carry-over. Can't forget MEE351.

2 Likes

Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Lachynos2k2(m): 4:21am On May 10, 2013
fckyourman:

Jamb is inaccurate when marking scripts, there are using sovient-union machines to mark the results. how on earth do you expect to achieve 100% accuracy, and second these student didnt not fail jamb there are marked wrongly due to lack of university infrastructures.
just see how u just dey murder english..now tell me y ppl like u will not fail jamb again and again till u get ur acts right..soon ppl will start blaming jamb for power failure. Mtchewww

1 Like

Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by samilo88(m): 4:37am On May 10, 2013
Sure sir: God bles u . .hw cn i get 2 marks in english lang. . . N d total ws 68. Hw is dat possible ? Hw r d markin it .? My der, i wil go 2 my choice of skul without JAMB. . Writin of JAMB must b stop .wat nonsense.
You scored 2 in english language because you are as dumb as a rock. Take a look at your writing. Social network don't make you guys see the need to construct simple correct sentences and spell accurately as well as punctuate in the right manner. Now you are crying foul. You had better faced the fact that you deserve what you scored and study hard for your next exam.

1 Like

Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by KingPradas(m): 4:44am On May 10, 2013
Lachynos2k2: just see how u just dey murder english..now tell me y ppl like u will not fail jamb again and again till u get ur acts right..soon ppl will start blaming jamb for power failure. Mtchewww

Do your self a favor and go apply as a job as English teacher since you are keen in correcting people mistakes.
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by LilDonne(m): 4:58am On May 10, 2013
phoneport: The House of Representatives Thursday summoned the Registrar of the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB), Prof Dibu Ojerinde, over mass failure by candidates in the last Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).

The recently released result of the examination showed many students scoring below 150, out of the 400 marks based on the four papers each of the candidates sat for. Chairman, House Committee on Education, Hon. Aminu Suleiman (PDP Kano), said yesterday that the summons became imperative due to series of complaints and protests by a cross section of Nigerians. Said he: “We heard that JAMB authorities had formally explained some reasons for the mass failure. This is not enough if the content of the complaints of Nigerians is anything to go by.
One of the complaints was that concerning the usage of computer for the exam that
most of them had never had contact with before. According to him:“It can be recalled that the House passed a resolution asking JAMB not to use computer for the 2013 exams and they said they would make it optional; but there were still complaints by candidates that some of them filled the manual or paper option only to find themselves being asked to write the exams using computers,”.

He added that the mass failure might not be unconnected with the introduction of computers for the exams, bearing in mind that most candidates especially from Government secondary schools were not exposed to computer before.
He further said the committee had no option that to act accordingly to work towards finding a lasting solution to the perennial failures of JAMB candidates.

http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/05/09/mass-failure-reps-summon-jamb-registrar/
wait o. Looking into it, for now or next year. Because i don't understand that looking into it o. Let them just reduce the cut off mark to either 165 or 170
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Defaramade(m): 5:00am On May 10, 2013
Van snickers:

What does JAMB have to gain from deducting Marks from you guys?!Only Losers make excuses for Failure, winners standup, dust-up and get ready for the next battle.
Yes boss
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by SamIkenna: 5:02am On May 10, 2013
Please umunnem, you cant win with examination malpractice. You can get the degree but you will eventually pay - big time. If you're studying religious knowledge or African languages, perhaps, you might get away with it but still pay in the labor market - not many people looking for your good-for-nothing degree. The world is getting smaller and intensely connected by the day so its your job to improve and make yourself indispensable. This corner cutting frenzy - I dont get it. Is it that our younger brothers and sisters are in a deadly rush to board a stationary bus? What happens after your graduation - do you take that into consideration? Now you have a useless degree and a horrible GPA because you didnt take time to study hard. Pls make a good grade and get the course that will change your life.

Take it from me, if you cut corners you will pay. You cant get away with it. America brings in superb brains every year - there's a Visa for it - dont know the name now. Think about it - if you study engineering, maths, and sciences and make it with good GPA you can get the visa after graduation. I know not everybody wants to leave, believe me I used to think Nigeria was the real deal, but for those who want to avoid one year mandatory youth service and Boko Haram, that visa could be a life-saver.

If you failed this time you'll still get another chance to make your mark. Dont rush, follow the rules, you'll eventually get there. The beauty of it all is that after getting there through the right process, you'll look back and see those corner-cutters groaning in pain and rusting away with useless certificates.

Do not worry about JAMB and their new rules, if you get mad enough you'll come close to 400/400.
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Defaramade(m): 5:05am On May 10, 2013
RaphaelCollinsidemudia@ya:
T.H.I.E.F.
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Nobody: 5:08am On May 10, 2013
itz an eye opener 4 all of us, say a big no 2 malpractice... Though i feel something went wrong in d course of d marking because d resultz were too poor, even those dat neva indulged in malpractice were badly affected. But no need crying foul play because d level of malpractice diz year z d highest i've eva witnessed thus far
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by dominiceze: 5:10am On May 10, 2013
As far as am concerned all these useless,meaningless,devilish,misleading secular songs by nigerian artistes are doing more harm than good to our young people, you hardly learn anything listening to them, our young people don't read anymore only to listen to the so called artistes who are clueless,the govt shud place a ban on the proliferation of these secular music coz its effects are damaging to our young generation. I pity the few innocent and intelligent ones who got caught up in this mess. They should rewrite jamb this year, shikena!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Water-Logged Class In Akwa Ibom School / Ondo State University Students To Pay N2.245m As Tuition Fees / UNICAL Cult Leaders Denounce As Thunderbolt Mission Holds Anti Cult Crusade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.