Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,132 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

Why Marriages Fail - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Marriages Fail (734 Views)

Revealed: 10 Avoidable Reasons Why MOST Marriages Fail... / Reasons Why Most Marriages Fail In Nigeria / Why Marriages Don’t Work: The Change Factor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Marriages Fail by wolajumoke(m): 8:06am On May 10, 2013
written by WALE OLAJUMOKE

1. Many relationship are built on FANTASY.
He is rich, she is beautiful, he is talented etc.
What happens when more beautiful, talented or richer persons comes your way?
Relationship based on fantasy doesn't last.
2. Trying to CHANGE the other person If you have been trying to change something about
yourself without success then how do you intend to change someone else?
If a man sleeps around before your marriage and you expect him to stop after marriage, then you are daydreaming. If he can't change BEFORE your marriage, don't
expect him to change after marriage.
3. Lack of purpose
Why do you want to get married?
What are the values that are so dear to your heart?
What kind of home do you intend to build? These and many questions should be answered before you even decide to get married.
when purpose is not known, abuse is INEVITABLE
4. Lack of Knowledge
Ability to handle your differences, disagreement, bad attitudes from the other person, relating with inlaws and so on are important.
You need to be grounded in knowledge.
Learn from the other people's experience.
Nothing is as annoying as making an avoidable mistake.
Read books from those whose marriage is an example, get counsel from them.
5. Wrong ASSOCIATION
Show me your friends and I will show you who you are.
If 80% of your friends are divorcee or adulterers, chances are that you may soon join their league. 6. Learn from your parents mistakes
Am sure about 80% will not want their marriage to end like their parents.
If that applies to you, find out what they did wrong and avoid them or seek how to overcome them
7. Building your marriage on wrong foundation Often times I have seen people who feel, afterall there are many successful marriage that is not centered on God.
Well, my take on this is that, is it not better to commit your life and marriage to the hands of the one that instituted marriage from the beginning? As people decided not to retain God in their knowledge, He gave them to reprobate minds.
Don't be decieved. If you think life is good WITHOUT God, I can assure you that life is BEST with him. Prayer is essential. be led by God
8. Live in obedience to God's word Our feelings are not always right but God's word is always true.
When you obey God's word as regard marriage and other areas of your life, success is assured.
9. Marry your friend
I can't over emphasize this. When things go wrong, only true friends stand by us. The same goes for marriage.
Find time to know the good, bad and ugly side of your partner before signing the dotted line.
10. Over expectation
At times we expect our partner to have everything. Since you are not perfect, chances are that your partner too is not.
Communication is key.

PARADVENTURE you are already married and your marriage is not what you desire it to be.
All hope is not lost. God who is the ALMIGHTY can turn things around if you can trust him.

Source: www.facebook.com/waleolajumoke2
Re: Why Marriages Fail by tinuolababy(f): 8:18am On May 10, 2013
Nice write up. Bookmarked kiss

1 Like

Re: Why Marriages Fail by tinuolababy(f): 8:21am On May 10, 2013
Nice write up. Bookmarked kiss
Re: Why Marriages Fail by Princesszoe: 3:10pm On May 10, 2013
What an interesting, educative, unbaised, unselfish, godly and moral write up! This is just gonna save some people stop to check this thread. Kudos baby!

1 Like

Re: Why Marriages Fail by Godmother(f): 2:05am On May 11, 2013
Nice but I think a simpler version of why marriages break up is that people have become more intolerant of each other. In those days you'll see a woman staying put in a marriage where the man beats her up regularly or is a terrible cheat and she'll stay cos of the children(not saying this is right though). Or one where the woman is misbehaving and the man calls family members from both sides to talk to her.

These days if a man wants his wife to sneeze once and she sneezes twice =divorce
Or if a man drops his dirty socks on the floor instead of in the basket for dirty clothes, then the woman files for a divorce.

Pathetic!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Attracts A Man To A Woman / Ladies How Do You Transform / Girl Wakes Up During Her Own Burial Ceremony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.