Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,191 members, 7,822,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? (12115 Views)

Top Ten Song Theft Scandals In Nigerian Music Industry .. / Which Songs/Music Videos Pisses You Off Bigtime? / Can I Download Nigerian Music From the Internet? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? by Nobody: 12:14pm On May 11, 2013
Reference:

Exactly. It is generic. Hard wired into women that they are sex objects. Its origins are biblical. A curse for leading creation astray so they have to pay the price by being in submission to the vanities of creation.

Once a girl is born her body becomes a god and she slaves to satisfy it and man with it. Pity.

Oh my God!!! See what someone just said shocked. Oya women over to u. Come and bash him.
Re: Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? by Reference(m): 12:14pm On May 11, 2013
esere826: Ok I have this habit of viewing the profile of anly lady that say something extremely intelligent or extreme crap

I viewed yours
It was not of someone wearing a suit NO
It was also at least subtly suggestive (going by your complaint)
So who's making who a sex object? tongue

(I get ur point sha)

I tell you. Its genetic.
Re: Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? by grandpoh(m): 12:14pm On May 11, 2013
@op d question shud be 'do girls respect demselves?
Re: Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? by Brymo: 12:19pm On May 11, 2013
Karleb: @Question: no. I think it's better 4 u to invest ur time on something more profitable than writing about gals in music or movie industrx.
,bro,i beg to differ,is it dat,booty bounce by orezi,or shake by flavor,is making u blind to d fact,dat evrybody is entitle 2 an opinion.
Re: Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? by Nobody: 12:22pm On May 11, 2013
The girls were all FORCED to feature in the videos grin.
Re: Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? by Reference(m): 12:22pm On May 11, 2013
Dewze: This phenomenon is not a global one like a lot of comments as pointed. Rather it is a black man thing. Bum shaking in music videos started with African Americans. They introduced it to their music by bringing prostitutes from their ghettos into their videos (it was a very cheap and less mind tasking way to sell records and it still is) especialy at the rising time of HIP HOP.

We embraced the idea here because as they say 'like minds think alike'. Birds of same feather and of same womb will always fly in thesame direction.

What are you saying. Do you even see what ballerinas wear or is it girls on British talent shows or belly dancers in conservative arabia. Drop it man.
Re: Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? by Dewze(m): 12:22pm On May 11, 2013
@cameroonpride. Yes bro i know of tribes in South Africa and even in some part of Niger Delta (among the Urhobos to be exact) that have always and still allow their young girls to dance bare chested. But you must agree to the fact that this traditional way of dance is strictly cultural and not erotical (as it is in our videos today). There is a big gap between them.
It is not the naked body tht is the issue rather it is the way it is expressed. A friend can say ' I hate you', but the manner and circumstance under which he says it is what makes the difference.

2 Likes

Re: Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? by CUIzundu(m): 12:23pm On May 11, 2013
Nowadays money buys everything, includin sex, how much more just to shake dem potentialz So what's d deallie

1 Like

Re: Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? by alosiby92(f): 12:25pm On May 11, 2013
12 inches!:
I dont really want to make a comment because i will just start ranting. The thing is that Nigerian music directors are not creative enough. Just finished watching wande coal's and don jazzy's song "The kick" Now compare that to Justin timberlake's mirrors video. It's easy to put big bootie girls in a video, have them shake it and zoom in and out. But to shoot a quality video that will touch people's hearts is not quite easy. The first day we watched mirror's video in my house, nobody spoke a word till the video ended. The tale was so engaging.
I agree....must be laziness on the directors part because the "chicks in videos" thing is so....original...i mean, who hasn't done it before? undecided
Re: Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? by Remii(m): 12:26pm On May 11, 2013
question should be "do ladies in entertainment industry respect themselves?"
Re: Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? by tintingz(m): 12:28pm On May 11, 2013
Some artiste even touch their big bum bum... Disturbing angry
Re: Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? by theripper3: 12:30pm On May 11, 2013
Bands a make her dance
Bands a make her dance
These chicks clapping
And they aint using hands.

2 Likes

Re: Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? by Reference(m): 12:36pm On May 11, 2013
12 inches!:

Oh my God!!! See what someone just said shocked. Oya women over to u. Come and bash him.

I don't know about that but the facts are clear. Men donot walk around with bodies striving to leap out of their clothes. The notion that these sub-culture belongs to any class and creed is also false. Rich, well educated, married women do so as well and those who cannot for being 'caged' burn inside.

Not all those you see on those western videos are single and struggling. Some are married well to do professionals who are represented by 'highly respectable' entertainment agencies.
Re: Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? by Capnd143(m): 12:44pm On May 11, 2013
If chicks no expose their bosoms and their downside hw do you expect some of this sex motivated "music consumers" to patronize the video and thus give the musician cash? Not that i subscribe to the yanch shaking bt the bum bum hmm

1 Like

Re: Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? by Dewze(m): 12:50pm On May 11, 2013
Re: Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? by topmostg: 12:55pm On May 11, 2013
TouchDown:

Jada Fire grin

Too much Bangbros and Po.rn-hub eh?
what is bangbros?
Re: Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? by Nobody: 12:56pm On May 11, 2013
Dewze: @cameroonpride. Yes bro i know of tribes in South Africa and even in some part of Niger Delta (among the Urhobos to be exact) that have always and still allow their young girls to dance bare chested. But you must agree to the fact that this traditional way of dance is strictly cultural and not erotical (as it is in our videos today). There is a big gap between them.
It is not the naked body tht is the issue rather it is the way it is expressed. A friend can say ' I hate you', but the manner and circumstance under which he says it is what makes the difference.
got you the truth is we live on an oversexualized world.
Re: Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? by Nobody: 12:57pm On May 11, 2013
Dewze: @CAMEROONPRIDE. Bro are u realy a cameroonian? I was once in love (believe I still am) with a Cameroonian girl. I've not seen her since she went back to her place in Limbe. Evr since i met her i'v pretty developed an interest in Cameroonians. Big up bro.
lol, yes.go to limbe you are visas free for 3months
Re: Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? by vanstanzy(m): 1:01pm On May 11, 2013
This is a most terrible and demeaning phenomenon ! embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? by vanstanzy(m): 1:04pm On May 11, 2013
Karleb: @Question: no. I think it's better 4 u to invest ur time on something more profitable than writing about gals in music or movie industrx.

No doubt, u are in the entertainment industry and see nothing wrong in it. angry angry angry Guess what, lets put ur sister(s), girlfriend(s), or better still ur very own daughter on set, displaying all this sh!7 and lets see how it goes. wink wink wink

1 Like

Re: Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? by nerodenero: 1:05pm On May 11, 2013
Please someone should help tell these ladies that nudity isnt a virtue
Re: Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? by azyaq(m): 1:08pm On May 11, 2013
Profkomolafe: if she no expose her body 2 gt moni, na u wan feed her?
U̶̲̥̅̊ b mumu for sayin that nonsense
Re: Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? by daywatcher: 1:09pm On May 11, 2013
this was released today or yesterday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-KpA9D5m2s
Re: Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? by oses4u(m): 1:14pm On May 11, 2013
To crown it all, most ladies of dis modern age don't c anytin bad in exposing themselves. Do u know dat many girls don't wear pants again becos they want their yansh to shake wen walking, sum also wear low-waist jean trouser wen they sit u can see half of their yansh expose(very ugly sight)sum don't wear bra most times becos they want their nippl.es to show. Its a crazy world we live in according to Lucky Dube.

1 Like

Re: Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? by diarra94(m): 1:14pm On May 11, 2013
Haha naija wahala.
Re: Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? by Reyspin(m): 1:21pm On May 11, 2013
alosiby92: Although the modern music videos by Nigerian artistes have improved in quality, quantity has worsened in terms of the ladies in the music videos.
In my opinion, they are not respected AT ALL. All I see when I watch these videos is sex and sex appeal being sold.
It disturbs me in that as a female, I feel like I am being objectified and that these girls are treated like crap and are seen as nonentities.
To all the music artistes, when will we see a clean music video where we can enjoy the song without thinking of the girl vigorously vibrating her nyash in the video?
It makes me mad to think that even when the song has nothing to do with a girl, one girl must feature half clothed in the video.
These videos are spoiling market for all the decent girls out there.
I may be wrong. Perharps there is another reason why there is so much disrespect in Nigerian music videos.
What is your opinion?
@OP I think d question u shud be askin is.. Do d girls respect themselve? Have you noticed that Flavor downgrades all those female species in his video but they stil troop to him...wot will you say about dat?
Re: Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? by jasper7(m): 1:21pm On May 11, 2013
vanstanzy:

No doubt, u are in the entertainment industry and see nothing wrong in it. angry angry angry Guess what, lets put ur sister(s), girlfriend(s), or better still ur very own daughter on set, displaying all this sh!7 and lets see how it goes. wink wink wink
If you find your sister, daughter, Mother, girlfriend in a por.no video. Trust me, you'd be mad at the lady not the video. you cant blame a video for being Nude or Por.n. You blame the actors/actresses involved. a typical Nigerian will always blame the system and not the components. Forgetting that a system dosn't exist at all without the components. that's the only problem with the OP's post. She should have been advising her fellow ladies to stop selling their Nudity.

1 Like

Re: Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? by McGeorge1(m): 1:24pm On May 11, 2013
made in nigeria: @ op u just dey wake? Who is disrespecting who did they force them or what exactly are you talking about..how can this kind of thread get to d front page..very soon d owners of nairaland will sit up when they realize d blog is gettin less attractive and intelligent day by day..even if it is d joke section let us see not dis kinda thread..

I jus wanted askin u n every other persn dat commented on dis post d way u did, if ya mum,sis,girlfwen or wife shows up in ya house dressed n actin like dose girls in dos videos, how will u see dem? dere are som tins we need to think criticaly well b4 reactin to. of recent I hav also noticed dat lil waynes music has swept everywhere includin our villages witout dem even understandin d meanins of wat dey are listnin to. Evil is takin over n we r either too blind to see or too dump to understand d times.
Re: Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? by rman: 2:57pm On May 11, 2013
@OP,

What about the ones on the street with exposed boobs and thigh? Do we also blame the society for disrespecting them?

What about your celebrities? Tiwa, Geneie, Beyonce etc , Who do you blame for that?

The female folks always look for ways to blame the scoiety for things they are solely responsible for.

FYI, some of those girls you are advocating for hussle to get into these videos.

Girls sell se.x, men and businesses realise se.x sells, everyone bought into it, and the gender that started it all wants to lay the blame on the society.
Re: Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? by eminemkayc: 3:05pm On May 11, 2013
Thats why i only watch SHADY'S VIDEOS!! you dont get to see no nude women, but display of lyrical talent in em...
Re: Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? by Klinee: 3:06pm On May 11, 2013
Those naked girls in the videos,are they not the same with those one we see on the road side.Intense of objectification.who do u want the males to take as sex object? Of course women are male sex object.Men are only meant to have sex with Women any other thing is abnormal.that show that women are male's sex object and vice verse no doubt about it.people should stop reasoning the world upside down in the name of equality or right says.@op nobody force them,so don't bother urself ok
Re: Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? by bidis: 4:40pm On May 11, 2013
even me as a guy i feel concerned because d younger generation will feel it is proper u see girls wearing only pants and bra ad dis girls also want a decent man to marry dem

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

DOWNLOAD MP3: Internet Money - Lemonade (remix) Ft. Don Toliver & Roddy Ricch / Mercury Records In The UK Signs D’banj / Tiwa Savage - Ife Wa Gbona Ft Leo Wonder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.