Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,778 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

The Afro Sushi - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Afro Sushi (8438 Views)

The Nigerian Afro Ninja / Nigerian Story - Chocolates And Sushi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Afro Sushi by Emeralddan(f): 9:54pm On Jul 23, 2013
Yay!! U're back at last we missed u alot...welcome back, plss dont keep us waiting
Re: The Afro Sushi by Nobody: 6:21pm On Aug 26, 2013
Where's this guyplease u've kept us waiting for long...come and continue jare

1 Like

Re: The Afro Sushi by onegig(m): 7:07pm On Aug 26, 2013
AdeSuave: Where's this guyplease u've kept us waiting for long...come and continue jare
instigating things abi..why you go resurrect am again ?

...thanks for the interest dear.....Would continue soon enough.... cool

Edited:

To all esteemed readers.... Am so sorry for keeping you waiting. Will upload at least two chapters by God's grace tonight but please this is subject to any unforeseen circumstances like nepa not bringing light due to them their trying to dry their wet wires and poles after the heavy down pour. Please do stay tuned.
Re: The Afro Sushi by MsSpaqs(f): 8:48pm On Aug 26, 2013
No further comments till i c d updates
Re: The Afro Sushi by onegig(m): 7:25pm On Sep 11, 2013
SCARFACE
OSOGBO, SOUTH WEST, NIGERIA.
19:00HRS

Scarface navigated through the endless puddles on the bad portions of the road. The night skyline was pitch black and was hard to see the road clearly in such conditions and to make matters worse his car’s headlamps were not bright. The curvy road led to a high valley with endless thick bushes on both sides of the road. The Celica’s engine protested as he drove it through deep pools of water which almost covered half of the car. At a point the car almost stopped when the under body hit hard concrete and Scarface had to quickly maneuver the car out of the water. The streets were deserted and if the car happened to stop there he would have to abandon it and he couldn’t afford walking down to the Baba’s house which was still far ahead. He had scheduled a meeting with the baba to collect some new collections he had. He opened the pocket on the dashboard to confirm if the brown envelope was still intact. He locked the enclosure. He turned to his right and could the lights of a house in the near distance. Scarface drove down to the area and killed the engine when he reached the end of the building. The baba had been a major dealer in their line of business and had Scarface had done a lot of business with the man in the past few years and business had been very good as the Baba had turned in items like the famed Nok’s terracotta art works which are the oldest ones known in sub Saharan African.

However, the usefulness of the old man to their mission had thinned in the last few months due to his carelessness and loud mouthiness. The old man had almost ruined everything when he had made a mistake drunk blabbing out deep secrets about their work and interest in the Golden Statues of Life to the late Director of Antiquities Dr. Adetoro during a small party organised by the later. It took the intervention of Shyna who had stepped in closely to correct the error. They were reaching the prime of the programme here and it was time we started closing loose ends. The boss had already given the go ahead.

Scarface alighted and came to a narrow tunnel that led to the Baba’s house. He crawled through a 4-foot-high tunnel until reaching a slightly larger subterranean space. He swung his flashlight’s beam into the dark and in the distance he could see the silhouette of the house. He walked up to the front of building, locating a door by the side of the house. He knocked hard on it thrice but there was no immediate response. Scarface looked at the surrounding and noticed smoke coming out from the back of the building. He guessed Baba was at the backyard and couldn’t hear the knocking. He knocked harder again but this time there was a shrill voice coming from the backyard. “Mon bo o”. [/i]The voice said he in the native Yoruba Dialect.

After some few minutes, the door swung open and a short old man who is in his late sixties judging by his looks emerged. He had white beards, and grey hair and deep piercing eyes. He was dressed in a colorful [i]buba and soro Ankara attire
. When he saw that it was Scarface he smiled and stepped aside for him to come inside. He locked the door behind them as they walked down the passage in the building. The passage was dimly lit by an oil lamp that stood on the floor by the entrance to another room with a wooden door. The walls of the building were scarcely plastered and only the curve of the entrances to the individual rooms was painted in light blue. The floor was cemented but due to overuse or poor materials most were already peeling off looking scathed. To one side of the building a big clay pot was located with a iron covering. The old man led the way to the back of the building gesturing to Scarface to follow. When he reached the end of the building he turned right to face a lone door. He brought a bunch of keys out of his pockets and unlocked the door. He ushered Scarface inside, closing the door beside them.

The old man moved aside groping in the dark to pick a match. As he lighted the match the room came alive with the new brightness. The room was very small with minimal decorations and a table in the centre. Different items littered the room and in the central lay a large oval wooden table which was around 4 ft tall and had lots of items placed on it. Baba motioned forward towards the table and Scarface followed him. The shadow of the two casting a large silhouette on the wall of the room as they moved around as the old man unwrapped a large brown package paper and brought out a wooden item.

“Bring the lamp down here” he told Scarface. Scarface walked back to where the oil lamp slowly burned and picked it up. He had to guard the fire from been blown out as he carried it to where the old man stood.
The wooden icon showed in the new light. Scarface gaped at what he was starring at.
“You don’t mean it” Scarface half shouted as he took a closer step to examine the item.
“Yes, I know you would be surprised. I was awed when I saw it too. That’s the second in command to the “Oba Ere” of the Esie soapstone statues.” The old man said moving aside so Scarface could examine the figurine more clearly. Scarface picked the statue to examine it more closely. The statue was well polished and was around 90 centimeter tall. It depicted a male who was sitting on a stool and carrying what looked like a large drum. It was wearing a necklace and bracelet. The statues showed artistry sophistry and aesthetic values which was also furthered by the rendition of highly elaborate hairstyles.

Scarface wondered what the history of the figurine was and the old man sensing this started explaining what he knew about the Esie soapstone statues.

“The Esie statues were found in 1775 in an ancient Yoruba town Esie which was is 35 kilometers from the ancient city of Ilorin, the Kwara State Capital by hunters from Esie village. The statues numbering about 800 were found neatly seated in a semi circle with the King “Oba ere” in the middle as if presiding over a meeting in a ditch in the thick forest. The discovery is still a mystery as no known references can be made to such discovery as the dates of the statues precedes the forbears of the current inhabitants who settled in the region in the early nineteenth century.”
“This is an awesome find, who do you think carved the statues?” Scarface commented looking at the statue more closely and tracing the elaborate hairstyle.

“Indeed it is awe inspiring. As of today there is empirical evidence linking the statutes to any known tribe. However some Oyo legend has it that statutes are actually a cursed gypsy-like wandering tribe of musicians, dancers and drummers who lived along the shores of a big river in ancient times. The group was known in all cities and suburbs and they toured the cities under the Oyo and Benin Empire entertaining highly placed people with melodious singing and dancing. Legend also talks of a story about a great feast hosted by a fierce and wicked Alaafin of the Old Oyo empire. It was said that this wandering tribe were invited to play during the feast and while performing the Alaafin had noticed and taken a liking for the beautiful wife of the head of the group "The Oba Ere" and soon plotted taking her as his new wife at the end of the feast. However as fate would have it the secret plans of the Alafin had been revealed to one of the entertainers through a dream whom had gone on to inform the Oba Ere about the allafin's plan. The Oba Ere on trying to avoid his lovely wife being married off to the Alaafin gathered his fellow entertainers and fled from Oyo in the middle of the night moving eastwards. The Alafin when told about the escape of the group in the morning gathered a group of eleven elite hunters and personally led a hunt to follow the trails of the group. They caught up with them in an Igbomina forest which is the current location of were the statues were found. The Alaafin angered by the action of the group casted an irrevocable spell on them turning them into statutes. ”

"huh? What a pity. If the legend is correct then their souls must still be roaming the earth"
"You are very correct. Some ascribed the noise of people wailing in the Mountains of Idanre as the souls of the singers crying for help to be released."
"I never thought of that. I have always wondered what those noise were as you climed the moutain actually. It all makes sense to me now. Poor souls." Scarface said.
“So when is it going to be reading for delivery and transportation?” Sacrface asked as he moved away from the table to a corner of the room locating a stooll and sitting on it.
“We have to move very soon, before the authorities learn about it’s disappearance. All I that is left is for me to package and hand it over to you. But wait how do you intend smuggling it out of the country in the face of recent heightened security?"

Scarface laughed out loud and this re echoed back through the house. "Heightened security? They can't beat us at this game. We don't make use of the diplomatic routes as most Countries are now very suspicious of Diplomats coming from the country as possible couriers of stolen arts-
"how do you go about it now?" the old man interrupted.
"Baba, we have a new shipping route that has been facilitated by one of my boss business partners. We hide most of these items in marked and specialy made wooden crates that's been used in shipping banana's out of Cameroun and since we have lots of influence little or no check is done on the cargo. Most of our shipments are also classified as perishable items and the authorities give us accelerated passage en route the Uk for onward delivery to our clients but this route is not foolproof as thorough checks are now been carried out after the arrest of a notorious drug dealer who confessed he uses this means to ship large amounts of drugs to the United States.
Scarface stood up from the seat retrieving a brown envelope containing wads of dollar bills from his pocket which he handed over to Baba.
Baba took the envelope and checked its content. Satisfied he placed it in the inner pockets of his Buba. He looked up at Scarface before asking him a question.

“Any progress made on finding the actual location of the golden statue of life?" Baba asked.
"We are almost close but still lacking precision and bearing"
"I learnt you were at Culture house few days ago"
"Who told you that, I have eyes everywhere and one of them reported to me after spotting you. Anyways what did you go there to achieve. Don't tell me you went there seeking the location of the statute from the officials most of them are blind and know nothing." The old man remarked as he dipped his hands into the chest pocket of his buba and retrieved a kolanut which he offered to Scarface who waved if off before throwing a small chunk in his mouth and munching on it.

"Nah, I am not that stupid you know. "
"So what exactly where you there for?"
"Information. " Scarface responded indignantly.
"What kind?"
"Various"
"Pertaining to the statue i guess?"
"Partly"
"It would interest you if i told you that the location is known by the former Director and he took that knowledge to the grave but-"

"but what?" Scarface interrupted with eyes gleaming with anxiety
"Where are the personal effects found on him on the day of the accident?"
"Nothing special was found just a wrist hand , ring and some old books he was apparently carrying at the time of the event."
"What about his diary?
"Diary?" Scarface asked looking confused. " Not one that i heard of."
"Let me tell you this. My insider sources at the CUlture house informs me that half of the man's brain memory is actually located in an old diary he kept with him.You find the diary , you get the location , you get the golden statue. simple"
"Thanks. How long have you known this?"
"How long?" the old man sounded taken aback.
"Yes how long have you known and who else have you told?"
"No one" The old man answered looking away as he did.
"That's better." Scarface eyed the old man with resent. He knew that was a lie and when the old man turned around to walk out of the room to the veranda he was struck on the head from behind by something heavy and he fell forward lifeless with a gasp and a loud thud.
Scarface checked his pulse to ensure that the old man was truly dead. He dipped his hands into the inner pockets of the body's buba retrieving the envelope he had earlier given out. He scanned the room, picked up the Esie statue wrapping it a brown envelope lying around. He hastily searched through the room for other relics.. He saw a wooden box and opened it but they only contained old traditional attires. He check the adjoining rooms but no one was around as the house was still and silent except for the heavy breathing of Scarface. Satisfied that there was nothing left he exited the room into the passage blowing off the lamp and plunging the entire building into darkness.
Re: The Afro Sushi by onegig(m): 7:29pm On Sep 11, 2013
Slowly... wink
Re: The Afro Sushi by MsSpaqs(f): 8:51pm On Sep 11, 2013
Welcome back
Re: The Afro Sushi by onegig(m): 9:08pm On Sep 11, 2013
Ms Spaqs: Welcome back
thanks.. Would love to hear your criticisms and encouragements... I have almost 80% written out on my scrap book. Typing, editing and uploading is where the problem lies because am always busy..
Re: The Afro Sushi by swaggerkid(m): 11:01pm On Oct 30, 2013
dis guy dn 4gt him thread
Re: The Afro Sushi by Lucentbeauty(f): 11:38pm On Nov 08, 2013
Loving your story,you doing a great job. Its not easy to write a great story,patience is needed. We would be waiting,I will.
smiley
Re: The Afro Sushi by onegig(m): 8:03pm On Nov 21, 2013
I did forget this thread. Just plain lazy and combined with limited time for writing. Am sorry guys.
Re: The Afro Sushi by MsSpaqs(f): 12:48am On Nov 22, 2013
Yeah yeah whenever you are ready undecided
Re: The Afro Sushi by onegig(m): 1:08am On Nov 22, 2013
Actually getting into the story proper now. At least from now on there wont be switching of countries. Enjoy a tip. I hope i would be able to format and finish typing before morning.

CHRIS
New York City, USA.

Chris had booked online the Virgin Airways flight AJ157 which was destined for Lagos, Nigeria from New York and was scheduled to take off by 19:15 hrs local time. In the past few days before his travel down he was anxious and didn't know what exactly to look out for. Chris wondered about what he would meet up there and how he was going to fair all alone in a continent and terrain that was unknown to him. He waffled through his wardrobe seeking clothes he could actually select for his trip. In the last few years he had slightly changed his wardrobe.

Chris was too concerned with other aspects of his life that he never even gave a thought about what his wardrobe looked like. After long hours of shuffling and combing his wardrobe he decided to pick just enough clothes that would last him for a few days in Nigeria at first and planned on going shopping and getting what might fit the weather when he got there. He had read much about it’s hot climatic condition but notwithstanding he never took chances as he picked one of his winter smurfs just in case the weather is not as predicted and temperatures dropped very low.

The d-day had arrived and he had sauntered into New York. The taxi ride was smooth and he closed his eyes and took a last breath of the America air. Barely few hours after he had passed through all security checks the voice of the flight announcer rent the air as she announced the commencement of loading and boarding for the flight heading to Nigeria and pleaded that all passengers proceed to gate 9 where they would be led to the waiting plane. Chris joined the long queue of people filling in to get through to and after five minutes he made into the waiting Boeing 747 plane. Entering the plane Chris gazed at the long line of sits which were been filled by people in front of him. The gaseous smell of remnants of pressurized air was a welcome departure from the smell of putrid air he felt all around him while at the airport terminal. He held on as a fat woman in a Senegalese Abaya blocked the narrow passageway with her body as she helped her kid into one of the sits. "Sorry ,please" The woman muted overhead in an accented English. Chris hummed a "No problem before he made his way to the back of the plane passing rows of empty seat and finally reached the last two rows before dropping his bag in one of the sits and pushing his hand carriage in the over head compartment. He settled into the sit and looked out of the window. He could feel his stomach churning and his hands was feeling moist. He spread his hands and looked at the moisture before rubbing his hands against his pant. He reached into the pockets of his and brought out a small plastic drug container with the label Valium on it. He opened it and swallowed two tablets. He placed the container back into his pocket and placed his head in the palms of his two hands. Chris gave a deep breadth, attached and locked his seat belt before adjust comfortably in his seat resting his head on the place holder of the sit and soon closed his eyes and silently he muted out to himself." I hate flying" He silently made a prayer that he survived the eleven hours flight as the effects of the drugs took over him and he slowly dozed off.

Chris woke up to the pilot’s announcement that they were in the Nigeria sky and would be descending into the Lagos atmosphere in less than thirty minutes. Chris look out of the airplane’s window and all he could was the Atlantic Ocean spread out but in the distance he could the landscape of a city emerging . He sighed and fastened his seat belt for the descent.
-------------------------------

More to follow Soon. Thanks
Re: The Afro Sushi by onegig(m): 11:21am On Nov 22, 2013
CHRIS
Lagos, South West , Nigeria.
11:00am

It was bright sunny day in the city of Lagos. The sun was high in the sky and the air was blowing hot . Chris walked out of the Airport terminus to the bright atmosphere that lay before him. He looked around him and took a 360 degree turn gazing into the distance as he did. "Lagos!" he hummed under his deep breath.

He dragged his luggage and made his way through a gathered crowd of other passengers in front of the arrival lounge of the MMI Airport. He took a few striding steps before he stopped and stretched as his muscles felt cramped. He continue walking towards lines of cars parked and for the first time he stepped into the blooming sunshine of the African nation. Chris recoiled back in shock to the covered platform of the arrival lounge. The heat that greeted him when he was exposed to the direct sunshine felt like someone had opened a flurry of boiled hot air. He looked at his arms and could see the formation of perspiration. If he made a guess , the temperature was more than 45 degrees Celsius. The humidity was very high and his nose was filled with the aromatic smell of burning fuel and incense.

He looked around wondering how the people managed walking around in the direct sunshine without umbrellas or covering. He looked further right and he spotted a man in the distance resting on a saloon car in the blazing sun who was waving frantically at him. When the man saw he had gotten Chris attention he started walking towards him.

The man was in his mid forties and was dressed averagely in a fading shirt and trouser.
"Oga, You wan hire abi na drop you need" The man said . He didn't even wait for a response from Chris before he grabbed his luggage and hauled it on his and started moving towards his. Chris looked on puzzled and could only mutter "huh" before followed the man sheepishly towards the car. The man opened the hood of the car and dropped Chris bag in it before closing it and opened the passenger door for Chris to enter.

"Oriental na im make i carry you go abi?" The cab man asked as he slammed the door of the car shut.
"Sir, I don't understand you , Oriental or what did you say? Is that an Hotel" Chris replied.
" Yes na. Na the hotel mak i carry you go abi?"
Chris looked puzzled . He could only make out the words hotel and carry out of the mans words. He thought about the words before He nodded to the man silently to take him to the hotel".

The cab driver nodded as he turned on the radio before tuning to a station where a male presenter with a deep voice was running a sports show. He turned the knob until the reception was clear. The presenter was running a match report of a game played by Nigeria over the weekend with Italy.

"Those boys dem dey play ball walahi" The cab man said as he looked back at Chris trying to strike up a conversation with him.
"Shebi you watch the match. Omo those boy na super. See as Rashidi just dey dribble dem and take score." The man continued talking and Chris could only nod in agreement to whatever the man was saying.

"Omo, England go hear am today. Na you go be my last passenger . As i dey drop you now na club house me dey go be that. I no fit miss that match"

Chris was not listening to him. He was lost in thought as he looked back at the disappearing airport terminal . He adjusted in his sit to get a clearer view of the unraveling city before him. He stared at the scenes playing out in front of him as the cab sped through narrow roads. He was fascinated that there were open stores displaying wears on almost all sides of the road. He was also surprised at the noise; which consisted a constant sound of automobile horns mixed with discordant sounds of people carrying wears on their heads calling out to their potential customers. He had read lots of storied about Lagos and experiencing it first hand was a different thing all together to him. The place looked much more alive and even interesting than the videos and articles had painted it.

The cab driver seeing Chris disinterest concentrated on his driving and popped his head out of the window occasionally shouting at pedestrians and other roads users to leave the road as he made his way through.

After about five minutes drive into the city. Chris was jolted back to reality as the driver turned sharply at a corner nearly missing an head on collision with an oncoming lorry carrying assorted merchandise. Chris ducked his head and was shocked to see the driver laughing hysterically as he sped down the road blaring his horn in the process.

"Please can you drive more carefully." Chris admonished the driver.

"Oga no worry abeg. If i no do like this we for still dey holdup for Ikeja" The driver replied as he continued driving with one hand and turning the knob of the radio stereo with the other. Chris looked continued his look of the scenery and his attention was caught by a motorcycle driver and two other passengers who had no helmets on trying to overtake them by the right hand side. The bike swerved right and left with reckless abandon as it made its way through like someone who was on a suicide mission. Immediately the first bike was able to navigate his way past them numerous others motorcycles drove past them with same behavior. Chris sat back looking puzzled at the recklessness of most of the motorists plying Lagos roads.

Chris had planned on getting a rental car when he got to Nigeria and get a scout in addition to accompany him around but the little he has seen of the dangerous driving on Nigerians road was less pleasant than what he was expecting. He knew there was no was in hell he could drive in such and come out alive. Most of the drivers navigated through the city with no regards for their safety nor the safety of other road users. He also noticed that most drivers used their horns excessively, like it was some sort of toy. There was also no use of indicators or MSM (mirror signal manoeuvrings). They just honk to indicate to the other drivers in front of them about their intention to overtake and zoom they are already over taking without proper clearance. Luckily, they all seem to understand one another.

Thirthy minutes later they arrived at the hotel and the driver swung into the parking lot.

"Your money na 3000 naira." The driver said.

Chris looked at him as the man made gestures with his hands pointing the three fingers. He dipped his hands into his pockets and retrieved his wallet. He handed over three ten dollar bills to the man.

The driver looked at the mint dollar bills with astonishment. He spread it in his hands and brought it to his face as if he was trying to see through it. In one short movement, he squeezed the dollar bill and threw it to floor of the car. He watched as the money began to stretch back. Chris looked on at the bizarre actions of the man but didn't say anything. He had heard lots of fetish stories about some Nigerians and he guessed the driver was performing a ritual.

The driver gave him a wide grin with a look of satisfaction on his face. He picked up the notes and stretched them before bringing out a diary from the car compartment. He gently layed the notes in between the leaves.

Chris got down from the car and proceeded to the hood to retrieve his luggage. He looked at the twin tower of the hotel and at the median section the words Oriental Hotels was boldly written in a darkish Mandingo colour. Chris stretched his legs before picking up his luggage and headed towards the lobby of the hotel.
Re: The Afro Sushi by Lucentbeauty(f): 4:45pm On Nov 23, 2013
JJC lol,glad you are back! Waiting still.
Re: The Afro Sushi by Lucentbeauty(f): 1:10pm On Dec 07, 2013
:| am on a cliff
looking down
wondering when you will show up
Guy people are waiting oh
Re: The Afro Sushi by onegig(m): 3:49pm On Dec 07, 2013
Lucentbeauty: :| am on a cliff
looking down
wondering when you will show up
Guy people are waiting oh
Am on vacation lol. But expect two chapters tonight.
Re: The Afro Sushi by Lucentbeauty(f): 5:04pm On Dec 07, 2013
onegig: Am on vacation lol. But expect two chapters tonight.

Amen

Hope you are enjoying it? Where by the way?
Re: The Afro Sushi by onegig(m): 7:14pm On Dec 07, 2013
Lucentbeauty:

Amen

Hope you are enjoying it? Where by the way?
a place near you...lol

Enjoying it but would have loved to be somewhere else now. Home is where the 'heart' is.

Who won part 2?
Re: The Afro Sushi by onegig(m): 8:55pm On Dec 07, 2013
Just a teaser.

SAYO
Osogbo, South West, Nigeria.

13:30 hrs

The sun was overhead now and the traffic around town was thin. A lady emerged from the small coffee shop tucking some wads of sheet into her hand bag as she made her way towards the entrance of the Culture house. She was wearing a white silk shirt with a navy blue pant pants and white heels which matched perfectly. The lady flipped on her phone and started pressing some digits. Sayo scrolled through her phone book and dialed a number. She glanced away and looked up at the imposing culture building she was heading into. Work had been hectic this week and they were almost half through the excavation at the site. She had been pushing the excavation team to work harder and wrap up on the work. She was feeling frustrated already at the slow pace of work and this was aggravated by the lack of any tangible findings at this stage of the excavation. The prospect of finding something tangible was bleak.
Re: The Afro Sushi by Lucentbeauty(f): 5:37pm On Dec 08, 2013
onegig: a place near you...lol

Enjoying it but would have loved to be somewhere else now. Home is where the 'heart' is.

Who won part 2?

Won what?
Re: The Afro Sushi by onegig(m): 10:00pm On Dec 08, 2013
Lucentbeauty:

Won what?
your sister ish. Check your diary.
Re: The Afro Sushi by onegig(m): 10:09pm On Dec 08, 2013
Lucentbeauty:

Won what?
Re: The Afro Sushi by Lucentbeauty(f): 6:01pm On Dec 09, 2013
Update joor,should we beg?sad

Mr onegig we the fans of Afro sushi begs you to return to your desk and start updating.

If not we will come and collect the draft ourselves.
Re: The Afro Sushi by onegig(m): 11:07pm On Dec 09, 2013
Continuation from the top...
-----------------------------

They had carried out extensive research on the site before commencing excavations and she was sure the coordinates given to her

were correct but she had some misgivings and felt some of the information was not adding up. This made her quite uneasy and she

was already feeling burnt out from the excavations already. It was at these frustrating times that she would have loved the

presence of her late. She missed his fatherly figure and his calm demeanor in such situations. Dr. Adetoro knew exactly how and

when to fix things an d always had counter measures or solutions when things were going wrong.She thought about the personal

collections and stacks of books she had collected from the late Director's office which was piling dust in her office untouched.

She had been shocked about the death of the Director and while clearing out his office she had instructed the cleaners to collect

the books and store them in her office although she never though of what she would have used it for. She had once thought of

sending it back to his family but she had never had time to peruse the books and files to prevent official files getting into the

wrong hands. Sayo decided she would check through them when she gets to her office.The sound of a car that had just come to an

abrupt halt with tires screeching just outside the building brought her back from her trance. Sayo glanced back at the car which

was now been circled by some passersby trying to force open the bonnet as thick balls of smoke emanated from the front of the car

before heading into the Culture Building.

CHRIS
Lagos, Nigeria
16:00 hrs

Chris woke up in his hotel room feeling weak and numbe. The toll of the journey was just registering on his body and he was

feeling like his body had been hit continously with a baseball bat. He left the bed and manged to sit at the edge of a one sitter

sette that backed the door of the room. He tried stretching his legs and could hear he sounds of flexing of muscles as he wirthed

in mild pain. He gathered the p and his stomach turned. THe stress of the journey had just taken a toll on his body. HE stood up

and reached for his luggage and retrieved a smal white drug container; he picked two tablets out and threw them in his and

continued chewing them. He replaced the container and walked to the corner where the hotel phone lay. He picked the recieve and

punched in the short code for the restuarant he found in a laminated A4 paper near the phone. He decided he needed some warm food

to calm his nerves as He was feeling famished and worn out. He looked at his wrst watch and them time was 15:29hrs which indicated

it was fours hours since he arrived Nigeria. Few minutes later the door bell rang and a lady dressed in white shirts and black

skirt entered the room carrying a tray with items covered witha napkin. She set the tray on the table and excused herself while

Chris s as she headed for the door and Chris set out to eat the sumptous Nigerian local dish starish back at him.

SAYO.
She had spent the last hour going through the books from her boss collection. Leaflets and books of different sizes lay on her

spawling office table. The room was righter as she had adjusted the blinds to give more room for the sunlight. Sayo held what

seemed like a diary and flipped through like three pages which contained writings which looked like figures and some languages she

guessed was yourba but had no meaning to her at first reading. After few minutes she stirred in her seat and dropped the red cover

book she was holding . She craned her neck right and left before standing up. She set the diary aside on the table and gathered

the other books and leaflet carrying them to the other side of the room where a large brown carton lay.

Sayo walked back to her desk where she picked up the red hard cover diary and placed it in her open hand bag. She decided she

would take it home and go through the diary later in the evening. She looked up at the clock on the wall which was now at 16:05 before she started gathering her personal belongings;She reached for the windows and shut them and headed for the door.
Re: The Afro Sushi by MsSpaqs(f): 5:42am On Dec 10, 2013
Nice but too many typos

1 Like

Re: The Afro Sushi by Lucentbeauty(f): 8:15am On Dec 10, 2013
At least he updated

We would have come,we are not FG,we keep our promises.

Weldone.

1 Like

Re: The Afro Sushi by joywendy(f): 1:08pm On Jan 01, 2014
Onegig! Hehe I have an author has a friend now smiley....nice! Love the concept.Waiting for an update sir#following grin

1 Like

Re: The Afro Sushi by Lucentbeauty(f): 5:12pm On Jan 02, 2014
Happy new year,wish I could take a vacation as long as yours.

2 Likes

Re: The Afro Sushi by swaggerkid(m): 11:36pm On Aug 17, 2014
smiley smiley
Re: The Afro Sushi by swaggerkid(m): 11:37pm On Aug 17, 2014
One gig abeg nau
Re: The Afro Sushi by onegig(m): 11:07pm On Sep 01, 2014
swaggerkid: One gig abeg nau
Ah. Abeg my bro. So sorry. I have been neck deep with work and travel. I guess i would just outsource this to someone to continue or just create tiny bits of time between schedules to update. So sorry.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Red Girl (18+) / Love And Snakes / Daylight Mysteries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.